Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
The Football Shirt/Kit/Box/Car Thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Blue Screen Error posted:

The Football Shirt/Kit/Box/Car Thread!

I've waited a long time for this.

Mickolution posted:

Why do you think they'd sell no cars?

I think it was a little joke about brand loyalty, because I'd say it is true that Vauxhall is still seen as a very British Marque akin to Ford.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
On-topic post:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Four outfield kits? Really?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

But great timing for another car sponsor.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

trem_two posted:

On-topic post:

I don't know if it's poo poo or cool that Nike uses the same image for the launches of every one of its kits, with the excited photoshopped players and the slanty letters.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Mainz are trying to be the Arsenal of Germany:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Is that exactly the same? I'm surprised there's no provision in the contract that says an "original" design and colour is required. I think the turqoise is more green while the Arsenal was more blue I suppose

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
looks like liverpool's shirt sponsor has been doing some very bad things

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48530053

quote:

A "rogue" Standard Chartered banking unit violated U.S. antimoney laundering laws by scheming with Iran to hide more than $250 billion of transactions, and may lose its license to operate in New York State, a state banking regulator said on Monday.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Nothing new, their 11/12 kits may look familiar to you:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Guitar_Hero posted:

COYS

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
it's been a few years since i've bought any kits, what's the best website now? (shipping to the USA)

need Arsenal from last season, and NY red bulls

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Do you care if they're not strictly legit?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Guitar_Hero posted:

No ringer, they're safe.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Dudley posted:

Do you care if they're not strictly legit?

Nah

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I couldn't find and Arsenal shirts from last season recently that weren't XXL so I broke down and got the 12/13 shirt. It's really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The stripes are more noticeably blue when you see them in person and I think they're a nice touch to separate it from the myriad red and white kits out there. At least it's not patterned like a dishrag.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
New Belgium shirts (away, home) :

Believe it or not, these are actually less ugly than the previous design but still... Burrda :effort:

I long for the Nike-sponsored days:

The shirts and socks are also red nowadays, leaving us virtually indistinguishable from the million other teams playing in all red, our only remaing calling card being the awful underperforming.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Then I think people are still using soccer triads.

Sin Dios
Aug 7, 2004

Why is it that like 85% of all football kits around the world look like total poo poo nowadays? Yeah I was expecting the usual turds from those retards at Nike, but now even Adidas puts out pure poo poo. And I can't help but still perceive off-brands(macron, UA, etc) as cheap poo poo for 4th division teams and now they're everywhere in the top leagues, and their designs are terrible as gently caress too, what the gently caress is wrong with the people who design these things?

I feel like we're entering a new era of kit shitness, reminiscent of the mid 90s when they started putting weird shapes and patterns made with computers.

How long before stuff like this makes a heavy come back? btw look at how gracefully those sleeves fit him, I'm hoping macron puts out one of these soon.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
He kinda looks like a flying squirrel.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
That's Jorge Campos and he designed his own kits. Football 101. :cmon:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Lol

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
And yet, less plastic than most of their supporters.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?
Isn't Man U supposed to be super offensive or something? Someone railed at me a bit about Munich the last time I said it but I just sort of tuned out.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

partipo posted:

Isn't Man U supposed to be super offensive or something? Someone railed at me a bit about Munich the last time I said it but I just sort of tuned out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but iirc some idiot rear end in a top hat fans sang something about Manchesters dead players being 'manure' after the incident and that sounds a lot like ManU.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That's kinda funny since everybody in Asia calls them Man U.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
I grew up in the south of England, and thus was surrounded by United fans, and now I live in Manchester, and I've heard people use "Man U" all the time and no-one has said anything.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
People say Man U all the time, at least in London which has the second largest concentration of Man U fans after Kuala Lumpur.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
"Man U" isn't offensive but it's never used by Real FansTM, you would get some dirty looks if you were yelling "come on Man U" at OT. So in other words it's perfect for the Glazers IPO.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah Real Fans call them Newton Heath and buy Norwich scarves

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

In real life conversation I say both "United" and "Man U" interchangeably, I've never really thought about it before.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Flayer posted:

People say Man U all the time, at least in London which has the second largest concentration of Man U fans after Kuala Lumpur.

Would you say it's more or less prevalent than the term "tidy bit of business"?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Stop. Now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Italy's playing with a special kit against England to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the '82 World Cup win. Looks a lot like the current home but without the dumb poo poo on the front, a better collar and some retro numbers.

I might get one if it's not absurdly expensive.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's nice that.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

ash with a five posted:

It's nice that.
dead nice.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Gigi Galli posted:

Italy's playing with a special kit against England to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the '82 World Cup win. Looks a lot like the current home but without the dumb poo poo on the front, a better collar and some retro numbers.

I might get one if it's not absurdly expensive.

I kind of wish I supported Italy now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Here are some better pics of the shirt

The inside has all of the scorelines that Italy played to for the 82 World Cup. Hilariously, the only ones you can see are all the terrible draws that we scraped through the group stage with.

Box? How about a fashionable man purse?

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

I couldn't give two shits about Italy but that's a nice loving shirt (and murse)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

can't wait to get my hands on that kit and laptop bag :getin: