Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If you want to talk about other D&D comics, why not chose one that isn't completely horrible, like for example this one?

And anyway, 860: Wasn't Going to Listen to Orders Anyway is here now. It's a feature indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cat Mattress posted:

If you want to talk about other D&D comics, why not chose one that isn't completely horrible, like for example this one?

Why, given how splendidly Goblins works?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Cat Mattress posted:

And anyway, 860: Wasn't Going to Listen to Orders Anyway is here now. It's a feature indeed.

That is amazing.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" indeed!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

"I love you ....forever" huh?

Just how long does it take for a succubus to get de-banished? Eep.

This was a pretty amazing turnaround and it just gets better. I just hope that V doesn't screw things up when he/she.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
Roy the lazylord is the best Roy.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Speedball posted:

"I love you ....forever" huh?

Just how long does it take for a succubus to get de-banished? Eep.

I don't think Holy Word enforces any sort of restriction for planeshifting back. But there's the possibility of Nale being killed while she's away, thus her worry and need to reassure him that she loves him, and that her true masters (Those three cloak guys) may not send her back straight a way as she probably has no ability to do it herself.

Although, she did go back to them a while ago (Back when they were in Azure City, before the Seige, right?) but could that have been through a one-use magic item?

Edit: Also loved the fact that they were able to make us of a "problem" the spell would cause to Chaotic Evil Belkar to work in their favour as they already knew of Nale's tendency to Suggest Belkar.

Edit, Again: Ah, yes, thanks Greatn.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Holy_word posted:

Furthermore, if you are on your home plane when you cast this spell, nongood extraplanar creatures within the area are instantly banished back to their home planes. Creatures so banished cannot return for at least 24 hours.

Sabine's out for the count for quite a while.

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 9, 2012

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

LashLightning posted:

I don't think Holy Word enforces any sort of restriction for planeshifting back. But there's the possibility of Nale being killed while she's away, thus her worry and need to reassure him that she loves him, and that her true masters (Those three cloak guys) may not send her back straight a way as she probably has no ability to do it herself.

Although, she did go back to them a while ago (Back when they were in Azure City, before the Seige, right?) but could that have been through a one-use magic item?

It has one restriction: can't leave the home plane for 24 hours.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

LashLightning posted:

Edit: Also loved the fact that they were able to make us of a "problem" the spell would cause to Chaotic Evil Belkar to work in their favour as they already knew of Nale's tendency to Suggest Belkar.

I think her planeshift is a once-a-day ability. Or maybe once a week. I can't recall.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Wow, the sorcery worked again!

And a nice strip. Nale was more gormless than I'd have expected him to be.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
God drat that's beautiful. Funniest strip in a long, long while.

Props, Rich.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

LashLightning posted:

I don't think Holy Word enforces any sort of restriction for planeshifting back. But there's the possibility of Nale being killed while she's away

This is probably the big one. At the time Sabine gets banished, to her knowledge, the Linear Guild consists of:

-Nale
-One blind, deafened, essentially neutered mage
-One presumed non-combatant (unless that file clerk whips out some crazy ninja skills)
-Two powerful and untrustworthy temporary members, at least one of whom actively wants Nale dead

Meanwhile, to her knowledge, the Order is at full fighting strength. She thinks there's every chance that Nale could die in this confrontation.

Now if Sabine was a bard, she'd know better...

Tinyn
Jan 10, 2003

Wow. Sabine got real real.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

It'd be nice if the pace of updates picked up, so I think maybe we should begin posting Goblins regularly? It seems to have a pretty good track record of working.

Let's start an Order of the Stick cargo cult.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Colonial Air Force posted:

I finished On the Origin of PCs and Start of Darkness.

They're excellent.
I finished Start of Darkness last weekend and I have to agree. It's a really interesting look at the villains.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

oobey posted:

It'd be nice if the pace of updates picked up, so I think maybe we should begin posting Goblins regularly? It seems to have a pretty good track record of working.

Let's start an Order of the Stick cargo cult.

Start?

Roy is the best warlord ever born an edition too early.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

NihilCredo posted:

And a nice strip. Nale was more gormless than I'd have expected him to be.

He seems pretty obsessed with listening to himself talk; taking away his ability to hear himself has really thrown him off.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Why wasn't Belkar able to follow Nale's Suggestion? Was he deafened hiding up in his hidey-hole? Does that even matter?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Nilbop posted:

Why wasn't Belkar able to follow Nale's Suggestion? Was he deafened hiding up in his hidey-hole? Does that even matter?

Yeah, he was deafened because he was an Evil creature within the area of effect of a Holy Word spell.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
While it's fairly obvious to anyone reading the strip, Belkar is indeed Chaotic Evil. It's been used as a mechanical joke before.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Niton posted:

Yeah, he was deafened because he was an Evil creature within the area of effect of a Holy Word spell.

Actually assuming I remember right, it's nongood specifically, so he COULD still be neutral! (Except you know yeah, but he still has plausible deniability)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
His alignment doesn't matter because the dude is one of us which is an important distinction when we are fighting mummies.

Although thanks for clearing that up for me!

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Forer posted:

Actually assuming I remember right, it's nongood specifically, so he COULD still be neutral! (Except you know yeah, but he still has plausible deniability)

Unholy Blight still affects neutral characters.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Cat Mattress posted:

Wonder just works like a champ!

Its uncanny!

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Forer posted:

Nope, Chaotic Evil. The solar says so! http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0489.html

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Y'know, with Tarquin chatting away in his normal voice while fighting Durkon, I'm hoping that Durkon manages to work out just who he's fighting (or at the very least, that he's not fighting Thog) and report back to the others about it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They already know it's not Thog.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Not-Thog always reminds me of this one.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

She's a Deva!

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Ashenai posted:

She's a Deva!

Are we not men?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Man strips like this are why I read.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tinyn posted:

Wow. Sabine got real real.
Yeah, make me wonder if Nale could actually transform into an efficient nemesis if Sabine ended up killed (and not just banished like here) by the Order of the Stick.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Or conversely, if Nale died then Sabine might become a true nemesis to the Order. To me, Sabine has always been the more interesting villain.

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
It makes me wonder though, Sabine is literally an evil demon who's very existence is to pervert and corrupt the concept of love.

Just how manly is Nale to have apparantly swayed her from her most natural instincts?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Well, Elan has 18 Charisma, Nale might have put some more level-up points into it :spergin:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

NihilCredo posted:

Well, Elan has 18 Charisma, Nale might have put some more level-up points into it :spergin:

The best thing about OotS as opposed to some other comics is that Rich won't tell us what that 18 Charisma is worth under the hood.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Pope Guilty posted:

The best thing about OotS as opposed to some other comics is that Rich won't tell us what that 18 Charisma is worth under the hood.

That was LEVELS ago. I bet Elan is a 20 by now!

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
My whole story pakcage got delivered yesterday. Been reading Start of Darkness, and ... wow. You guys weren't exaggerating about Xykon's speech to Redcloak at the end.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!

navyjack posted:

That was LEVELS ago. I bet Elan is a 20 by now!

He also bought a Belt of Charisma +2 recently.

Though guessing at their statistics is largely a pointless exercise.

They're also kind of underoptimized...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

LightWarden posted:

He also bought a Belt of Charisma +2 recently.

Though guessing at their statistics is largely a pointless exercise.

They're also kind of underoptimized...

I thought the gag here was that Elan was actually the most optimized and efficient PC, stat-wise, of the group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The most optimized character is Durkon, but that's mostly a function of his class being the hardest to screw up.

Roy, Elan, and Haley are all reasonably optimized within the confines of their classes. Meanwhile, Belkar is obviously a parody of new players who don't even know what their characters do.