Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

There's often a big cultural disconnect at intellectual institutions between facilities and every other department because of the white/blue collar split.

Wasn't some temporary research fellow from the Smithsonian one of Ben Stein's shills for that stupid "Expelled" movie? He was the guy who inappropriately bypassed the proper review process for their journal to publish some Intelligent Design bullshit because he was at the end of his temporary assignment and there wouldn't be any way to punish him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I misread Facility as Faculty. :downs: That explains that.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Sarion posted:

If you look up TANF for your state (or the state he lives in) it will probably give you the best info, since it can vary some. For example, here's Texas; on this site you can find out all kinds of things like:

1) TANF has work requirements.
2) TANF has time limits for adults.
3) A single mother with 3 kids can receive a maximum of $316 a month. $3700 a year to support a family of four? gently caress yeah, sign me up!

I know the cost of living is a fair bit lower in Texas than here in Sydney but goddamn your welfare system sucks. I did a quick estimate of how much a low income single mother of 3 would receive under our Family Assistance system and got this:

quote:

Estimated Family Assistance payment (Fortnightly)
$824.60

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

I also misunderstood what that position was. I was thinking of a guy with a doctorate in history who managed the museum or something. Not the guy who managed the various clean up and repair crews. Not that that's not an important job, because it is. Nor does it make the "gently caress government spending that I rely on" any less silly. But it does make a bit more sense.

TheIllestVillain posted:

I know the cost of living is a fair bit lower in Texas than here in Sydney but goddamn your welfare system sucks. I did a quick estimate of how much a low income single mother of 3 would receive under our Family Assistance system and got this:

That's pretty amazing, that's actually liveable. Not a great life, but ~$22000 a year isn't too bad. I don't know details of Australia's healthcare, but I assume that family would have healthcare access too?

To be fair, the information I provided was an incomplete picture. That woman with three kids would also get food stamps, which would work out to be probably another $300 something a month, and she and her kids would have access to healthcare through Medicaid. Does Australia have a separate food stamp style program, or is that amount all she would get? Its still more than double what TANF + Food Stamps would give in Texas, though.

But in payback, any child support payments she received would be confiscated by the State. Not all States do this, but a fair number take all of it, and some take a portion; some take none. And after three years that welfare payment drops, since only the children can get benefits.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Sarion posted:

That's pretty amazing, that's actually liveable. Not a great life, but ~$22000 a year isn't too bad. I don't know details of Australia's healthcare, but I assume that family would have healthcare access too?

To be fair, the information I provided was an incomplete picture. That woman with three kids would also get food stamps, which would work out to be probably another $300 something a month, and she and her kids would have access to healthcare through Medicaid. Does Australia have a separate food stamp style program, or is that amount all she would get? Its still more than double what TANF + Food Stamps would give in Texas, though.

We have universal healthcare so all households are covered on that front. We don't have anything similar to food stamps but the Family Assistance program is a generic form of household assistance almost everybody with children is eligible for. Single (or not) parents that don't work are also eligible for another program that can pay as much as $650 a fortnight, those that do work are generally low income workers who are taxed at lower rates or not at all. There are also annual supplementary payments that many with school aged children are eligible for. We also have low income housing, low income healthcare cards and several other programs. I like to think we take care of our less fortunate.

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

TheIllestVillain posted:

We have universal healthcare so all households are covered on that front. We don't have anything similar to food stamps but the Family Assistance program is a generic form of household assistance almost everybody with children is eligible for. Single (or not) parents that don't work are also eligible for another program that can pay as much as $650 a fortnight, those that do work are generally low income workers who are taxed at lower rates or not at all. There are also annual supplementary payments that many with school aged children are eligible for. We also have low income housing, low income healthcare cards and several other programs. I like to think we take care of our less fortunate.

America has a lot of similar things, but they tend to be a lot worse. We have Section 8 housing to help people afford their homes, but it has a limit on the number of people who can receive it. So almost no one can use it, and the wait lists for it take years.

Our Welfare seems more like your "Newstart Allowance", in that it's money assistance for people trying to get back into the workforce. The other program you mentioned, Family Assistance; we have nothing like that. We have Food Stamps, and WIC; which kind of help people with low income and children. But not to the extent that program appears to on the website. Plus yours helps families with an income of up to $75000. I don't know what that translates to in American dollars, but I'm pretty sure it's more than $30000, which is the cutoff point for any assistance for most family sizes in the US. And by the time you're getting close to the cutoff, you're getting no real significant help. Maybe $40 a month from food stamps?

We do have a lot of tax benefits for low income families though. The Earned Income Tax Credit is pretty good. And most people who are low income pay no income tax, though they still pay payroll taxes. This may be offset by the Earned Income Tax Credit though. And we have some tax credits/deductions for children and child care too.

Ultimately, the US does have a social safety net. It's just that the net has huge holes, and its kind of moldy and rotting and falling apart. And once you fall into it, it provides so little support that you'll have trouble ever pulling yourself out of it. Plus, half the country is standing beneath it with scissors getting ready to cut it out from under you. And its not uncommon for some of those people with the scissors to be the kind of people for whom one bad injury or unplanned pregnancy is all that stands between them and falling in.

edit: Just googled Australian to US dollar conversion: $75000 Australia = ~$79000 US. That's crazy. I thought maybe it would be something like $45,000 since it was the cutoff for an assistance program. But $79000? I wish we provided that kind of assistance in the US.

Sarion fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 10, 2012

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

Also, apparently, "Liberals Are Now Boycotting Papa Johns!" is a thing on Facebook now. Did I miss the boycott memo on this? I know they came out and complained that they were going to have to raise the price of their pizzas a whopping 14 cents to pay for the requirements that make them give their employees quality insurance. But to me, that should be a good thing to most liberals, even if they are complaining. Because the obvious response is, "if it only cost you 14 cents a pizza to do it, you should have been loving doing it in the first place you greedy assholes". But setting that aside, is the boycott a real thing? I'm boycotting them on the principle that their pizza makes me sick when I eat it, but I haven't heard of anything else.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Sarion posted:

Also, apparently, "Liberals Are Now Boycotting Papa Johns!" is a thing on Facebook now. Did I miss the boycott memo on this? I know they came out and complained that they were going to have to raise the price of their pizzas a whopping 14 cents to pay for the requirements that make them give their employees quality insurance. But to me, that should be a good thing to most liberals, even if they are complaining. Because the obvious response is, "if it only cost you 14 cents a pizza to do it, you should have been loving doing it in the first place you greedy assholes". But setting that aside, is the boycott a real thing? I'm boycotting them on the principle that their pizza makes me sick when I eat it, but I haven't heard of anything else.
He apparently attacked Obamacare because it would raise his costs. I guess that means he wasn't providing adequate health care?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48594041

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
I haven't seen any calling for a boycott, but one of my more liberal friends did post this on his wall:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sarion posted:

edit: Just googled Australian to US dollar conversion: $75000 Australia = ~$79000 US. That's crazy. I thought maybe it would be something like $45,000 since it was the cutoff for an assistance program. But $79000? I wish we provided that kind of assistance in the US.
The AUD is well above its long-term average against the USD; the average since we floated about 30 years ago is closer to 75-80 cents.

Cost of living here is also a bit higher, so the numbers would be slightly closer if you used PPP instead of the currency conversion. But yeah, our welfare system is significantly more generous in most ways.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Section 8 housing tends to be the shittiest housing available in an area too. The apartment complex I live in has a lot of section 8 residents and if the quality of the apartments is anything like mine, they're loving poo poo holes. The property manager is a lazy racist shitbag (six weeks to get me the loving key to my mailbox and then you try to bilk me for $40 when I already paid you for it?). The only reason why I live there is because the rent is cheap and I needed a place to stay on short notice.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

He apparently attacked Obamacare because it would raise his costs. I guess that means he wasn't providing adequate health care?

Part of me does believe that companies will raise prices, even of just out of spite so they can punish America for voting for the wrong guy.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Anyone who balks at paying an extra 14 cents per pizza (or better yet, taking that out of their already impressive profits) in order to provide 16000 people with quality healthcare is a loving rear end in a top hat. American food prices are already low in comparison with Europe, so a 14 cent per pizza increase isn't going to make anyone starve.

NatasDog posted:

I haven't seen any calling for a boycott, but one of my more liberal friends did post this on his wall:

The gently caress? How does the delivery fee go to the store and not the driver? I thought delivery fees were how businesses paid drivers instead of taking cuts out of the food bills?

rscott posted:

Section 8 housing tends to be the shittiest housing available in an area too. The apartment complex I live in has a lot of section 8 residents and if the quality of the apartments is anything like mine, they're loving poo poo holes. The property manager is a lazy racist shitbag (six weeks to get me the loving key to my mailbox and then you try to bilk me for $40 when I already paid you for it?). The only reason why I live there is because the rent is cheap and I needed a place to stay on short notice.

He tried to charge you $40 for a key that cost maybe $2 to make, depending on what place cut and dupes the key?

Dr Christmas posted:

Part of me does believe that companies will raise prices, even of just out of spite so they can punish America for voting for the wrong guy.

Look at it this way, most of the changes from the PPACA haven't even gone into effect yet (most of them will by 2014), but health insurers have already jacked up premiums huge amounts with the justification that it's due to new costs to abide by the new law. Or look at how the changes to credit and debit card regulations were supposed to result in lower consumer prices because businesses were supposed to pass on the savings to consumers, but businesses have generally just been pocketing the difference as profits without lowering prices. Businesses look for any opportunity to raise prices and cut costs without ever taking any responsibility for doing so. They blame each other, the government, theft, etc. to justify lining further their pockets, just so consumers don't realize businesses don't give any fucks about them, no matter how much fellating of private enterprise there is in this country.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find business owners using the "punish liberal Americans" justification to raise prices, especially if Obama gets reelected, even if they don't articulate it publicly to anyone who doesn't already agree with their ideology.

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.
So thanks to my mom, I'm now aware of the next Waiting for Superman-style conservative documentary. This one has the charming title of Runaway Slave, which of course refers to the economic "slavery" that those bad ol' big government liberals have inflicted on black people since the Great Society. I couldn't bring myself to go past the first page where noted war criminal Allen West endorsed it.

http://www.runawayslavemovie.com/

Dradien
Jun 24, 2005
Ask me about shrimp.

rscott posted:

While this is generally true, there is a really high income development around here where I live (central PA) that has a whole section of really nice houses that is specifically for Section 8/HUD housing.

Some of the nicest places around here I've seen, and I couldn't be happier for the people that qualify and live there. Leads me to believe that somewhere near here, someone had the basic human decency to offer those without much in the way of, well anything, a decent place in a really safe neighborhood.

Doesn't stop shitstains from around here bitching about Welfare Queens and how "they" are going to gently caress up the properties, just you wait!

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Dradien posted:

While this is generally true, there is a really high income development around here where I live (central PA) that has a whole section of really nice houses that is specifically for Section 8/HUD housing.

Some of the nicest places around here I've seen, and I couldn't be happier for the people that qualify and live there. Leads me to believe that somewhere near here, someone had the basic human decency to offer those without much in the way of, well anything, a decent place in a really safe neighborhood.

Doesn't stop shitstains from around here bitching about Welfare Queens and how "they" are going to gently caress up the properties, just you wait!

Those places might be nice because of regulations concerning gentrification. Real estate developers are interested in building luxury highrises and homes in areas occupied by Section 8 and other subsidized housing projects because the land is valuable due to proximity to major metropolitan areas. City officials are interested in letting them develop there because it perks up the neighborhood property value and tax base, but they don't want all the poor people to get displaced, so the developers have to set aside a certain percentage of the new development for current tenants (i.e. poor people) at the same rates they're paying for the low quality subsidized housing. So, you end up with affluent young professionals living right next to people that have been living in the neighborhood from when it was still considered "the ghetto" to create what's known as a "mixed income neighborhood." This is kind of what's starting to happen on the South Side of Chicago, especially where Cabrini-Green once stood, though it hasn't been without problems, like the demolition outpacing the new building, causing housing uncertainties for former residents.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Bruce Leroy posted:

He tried to charge you $40 for a key that cost maybe $2 to make, depending on what place cut and dupes the key?

This is a really common thing that rental properties will try to do. Every apartment I've ever lived in that was in a large complex (like 20+ units) had "key fees" in the contract that I would have had to pay if I was dumb enough to ask the building to replace a key - mailbox, apartment door and garage are usually separate fees too. I usually make my own copy as soon as I move in and keep the original at work in case I lose the one I use all the time and need to make another.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
I'm tempted to try to make an an all-caps screaming faux Christian denunciation chain email about Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand being an atheist who openly found Christianity evil and as dangerous as communism. I've read enough of these emails to get the syntax down, I think.

The Papa John's thing now makes sense of a friend saying the other day that he was disappointed that all these people were saying PJ sucked, because it was literally the best pizza we had near our college's campus.

Besides, the Dominos founder is much worse, and their pizza 2nd worst to Little Caesars.

De Nomolos fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 11, 2012

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

De Nomolos posted:

I'm tempted to try to make an an all-caps screaming faux Christian denunciation chain email about Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand being an atheist who openly found Christianity evil and as dangerous as communism. I've read enough of these emails to get the syntax down, I think.

The Papa John's thing now makes sense of a friend saying the other day that he was disappointed that all these people were saying PJ sucked, because it was literally the best pizza we had near our college's campus.

Besides, the Dominos founder is much worse, and their pizza 2nd worst to Little Caesars.

You take that back, Little Ceasar's is awesome pizza and this injustice will not stand!

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

De Nomolos posted:

Dominos was the pizza of choice for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Who were the pizza connoisseurs of my childhood.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I don't know why this is exactly, but local pizza shops, no matter who or where they are or what style they happen to serve, are always better than chains. It doesn't even have to be a particularly good local shop, the big chains just serve such lovely pizza.

You would think that with all their resources the big chains would have managed to create a better pizza, but all they seem to come up with is awful sides and a cup of fake butter to literally pour onto your pizza. And just enormous advertising campaigns, obviously. But you would think somewhere someone in a big pizza chain would come up with the idea of rising above squalid mediocrity in their actual food product, enough at least to be superior to indifferent local pizza shops. But they don't.

This is kind of modern American big business in a microcosm.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

I don't know why this is exactly, but local pizza shops, no matter who or where they are or what style they happen to serve, are always better than chains. It doesn't even have to be a particularly good local shop, the big chains just serve such lovely pizza.

Do Zachary's and Amici's count as big chains to you?

Because if they do, I'm going to have to ask you to step outside :colbert:.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

NatasDog posted:

You take that back, Little Ceasar's is awesome pizza and this injustice will not stand!

Buy more $5 hot 'n readies, Illitch needs to pay for Prince Fielder's contract.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Kavak posted:

Do Zachary's and Amici's count as big chains to you?

Because if they do, I'm going to have to ask you to step outside :colbert:.

Never encountered either of these.

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.

V-Men posted:

Dominos was the pizza of choice for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Who were the pizza connoisseurs of my childhood.

The strange thing about TMNT (to me, anyway) was that Domino's got the product placement in the live action movies, but Pizza Hut got all the merchandising tie-ins.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Never encountered either of these.

Upon examination, Amici's and Zachary's are both Bay Area exclusives, so forget the big chain comment. They are excellent though, look them up if you visit.

Limbo
Oct 4, 2006

I like Papa Murphy's, plus they can be bought with EBT cards, which is good for making conservative heads explode .

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Sorry not-Orlando-livers. Wrap it up. :smug:

http://www.eatdrinkandbelazy.com/

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Limbo posted:

I like Papa Murphy's, plus they can be bought with EBT cards, which is good for making conservative heads explode .
It's not prepared on-site so technically it's a grocery item. At least in Indiana it's exempt from sales tax for the same reason.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
Hey, I just got a thing sent to me. How do you produce this without really questioning what you are saying? At some point, how the gently caress don't you think that this might not be the optimal way to argue your political stance?

http://politicaloutcast.com/2012/08/who-are-the-real-racists/

FACT: If you support abortion, it is because you want to kill black babies.

And as usual, the comments are awesome.

quote:

The real racists are negros..all of them, and welfare cheats
:stare:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

smokyprogg posted:

Hey, I just got a thing sent to me. How do you produce this without really questioning what you are saying? At some point, how the gently caress don't you think that this might not be the optimal way to argue your political stance?

Whenever someone busts out this kind of rhetoric, I want to see them cornered and asked, "So if genocide is happening in America right now, why are you and your party most concerned with taxes on the rich?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

Whenever someone busts out this kind of rhetoric, I want to see them cornered and asked, "So if genocide is happening in America right now, why are you and your party most concerned with taxes on the rich?

Because that solves everything and always will you loving dumbass LIEberal. :shepface:

Can't see it being too far off.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

You would think that with all their resources the big chains would have managed to create a better pizza, but all they seem to come up with is awful sides and a cup of fake butter to literally pour onto your pizza. And just enormous advertising campaigns, obviously. But you would think somewhere someone in a big pizza chain would come up with the idea of rising above squalid mediocrity in their actual food product, enough at least to be superior to indifferent local pizza shops. But they don't.

This is kind of modern American big business in a microcosm.

Part of it is the pricing. Good ingredients are more expensive than the poo poo they use at most chain pizza places, so the smaller shops are going to end up costing more because they use the better ingredients, which leads to people choosing the cheaper but shittier chain pizza.

The other thing is that "real" food just isn't as consistent as the assembly line food from chain restaurants. The Pizza Hut you order in Burmingham, Alabama is going to be pretty drat close to the Pizza Hut in Oakland, California, so it becomes reliable for the average consumer even if it is reliably awful. The smaller shops are more of a gamble to consumers, leading them to be more resistant to trying a small shop about which they know nothing.

Finally, one of the most important and influential factors is kids. Kids like chain restaurant crap and parents frequently just give with what their kids want because arguing is just a pain in the rear end that goes nowhere and chain restaurant food is both cheaper and easier to get even if the parents don't actually like it for themselves. Chain restaurants give kids the lovely stuff they like, which also lets them get away with using lower quality ingredients (just look at that Jamie Oliver show where all the kids wanted to eat the unhealthy, unappetizing crap for school lunch instead of the awesome stuff he made them), so there's no real incentive to change or improve.

smokyprogg posted:

So, their evidence that pro-choice people and doctors who provide abortions are racists are the racists comments from one individual and out of context quotes from Margaret Sanger?

It's funny how these people like to portray abortions rights as a genocide of non-whites in transparent attempts to pander to religious conservative minority groups in order to drain support away from Democrats, but yet they intentionally obscure the causal relationship involved, i.e. that higher abortion rates are caused by poverty, which means that higher abortion rates among minorities are due to higher rates of poverty among those groups. They generally don't want to discuss this because it demonstrates how conservatives gently caress over anyone who isn't wealthy, white, Christian, heterosexual, and male and it brings out the unabashed racists among them, as seen in the comments to that link.

You missed the best part of that comment, the responses:

smokyprogg posted:

quote:

squaredeal posted:

The real racists are negros..all of them, and welfare cheats

Black9 posted:

SD, You sound as though you have a problem with blacks, I am black, I am not racist, my family have never been on welfare, I own and run my own business, my children are doing the same for their selves, so who ever you get your information from, is a liar..

teasip posted:

Sir, folks like you are few and far between. I had some good friends who were black (had because they are now deceased) who, like you, had their own businesses. They had a different mentality from most in the "inner city." Personally, I have nothing against a black person who strives to improve his or her station in life. It's those who don't do anything to help themselves and sit around with their hand out crying "give me" that rub me raw. And yes, I feel the same way about sorry white people, too.

Yep, Black people are the real racists.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

StealthArcher posted:

Because that solves everything and always will you loving dumbass LIEberal. :shepface:

Can't see it being too far off.

Ah, of course, how could I forget?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
There's a page called the Angry White Guy Blog on Facebook, whose posts a friend who is slowly going off the deep end keeps liking. For example, the following enlightening conversation, started by a weird-looking image of the Obamas.

Angry White Man Blog posted:

WTF is up with the mystery hand?

Responder 1: lol.. that looks so fake & photoshopped! Lol

Angry White Guy Blog: I'm guessing it's failed attempt to shop-out one of the kids... or it might be Reggie's hand, little Barry's man-love.

Responder 1: lmao

Responder 2: i wanna know what is on her shirt... ?

Responder 3: Her pride in America is on her shirt, she's thinking of a way to get rid of it. :)

Responder 4: She really has 7 fingers and 2 thumbs on that side. She should go on disability and government assistance.

Responder 3: Too late. The bitch is Way ahead of you Responder 4. :)

Responder 5: Photoshop fail...

Responder 6: He looks like a Bobblehead... and that hand looks like it has a wedding ring on it so maybe not a kid??? What the heck??

Responder 4: Wait, just marrying that moron qualifies her for disability for life.

Responder 4: There is a person right behind her. fyi

Responder 7: Last I checked wedding rings go on the left, not the right, it probably someone standing behind her at an angle that so that they were blocked . Omg what is it with people and these extra hands photos' all going around? Oddballs! LOL

Responder 8: Believe nothing you here and only half of what you see, an old Las Vegas proverb.

Responder 9: Also the seal in the back says"POTUS". Yet I don't see one

Responder 10: LMAO!!!!

Responder 11: The extra hand is hers from another picture

Responder 12: Beat him up all you want, your looking at the next president.

Responder 4: If that is true, Responder 12, may God/Allah/Vishnu/Yahweh/Krishna/Buddha/HaleBop/The Divine Eye/Eck/ save us all cuz we're going down.

(this message made politically correct by FB regulation 34567.09AR which states you may not intentionally offend a Liberal without severe consequences)

Angry White Guy Blog: If that's the next President this country is finished but you Responder 12 are too ignorant to know that.

Responder 12: Umust be a bush man. Hahaha

Responder 12: And too much of a coward to reveal your true identity.

Angry White Guy Blog: Didn't like Bush and I like Obama even less and if you've read this page for any amount of time you'd know that or you lack the comprehension skill to understand - I'm guessing if you are a Obamabot it's comprehension skills that are lacking.

Responder 13: Ever heard of photo shop?

Angry White Guy Blog: Ever read the prior post?

Responder 13: Ever heard that you are an rear end in a top hat. Just answering the post jerk off.

Angry White Guy Blog: Yeah I've heard that but I found out the person saying it was a bitch so I ignored it.
So, can any of you kids count the number of dog-whistles you find in this discussion? Don't be shy!

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There's a page called the Angry White Guy Blog on Facebook, whose posts a friend who is slowly going off the deep end keeps liking. For example, the following enlightening conversation, started by a weird-looking image of the Obamas.

So, can any of you kids count the number of dog-whistles you find in this discussion? Don't be shy!

What's even better than dog whistles is when they get called out and the speakers and/or their defenders hem-and-haw and equivocate so that they aren't shown for the racists they are.

"Huh? So what if I called him 'little Barry?' That's in no way meant to deprive an adult Black man of his masculinity, maturity, and equality, like when segregationists and other racists call/called Black men 'boy.' I'm just telling it like it is and you're just playing the race card."

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Iceberg-Slim posted:

Here's a doozie for Thursday morning:

Another rebuttal to this would be to mention the US military rifles that had Bible verses inscribed on them

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Kavak posted:

Bay Area

The U.S. has dozens of Bay Areas, you're going to have to be more specific.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

The U.S. has dozens of Bay Areas, you're going to have to be more specific.

Yeah, there are many bays in the US, but most people understand that Kavak is referring to the San Francisco Bay area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clayburn
Mar 6, 2007

Cammy Cam Juice
Are bumper stickers cool here?