Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

YummyTarts posted:

I was suprised there aren't more horse owners here, or even a thread.

I had to leave my horse in Virginia when I moved to Texas :( My mom's taking care of him and learning how to ride him now. I wish I could get him out here with me, but it requires lots of money that I don't have at the moment.

Have a pony:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

This thread needs more Lucy...

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
It is time for photos of white german shepherds who have been playing in tomatoes that fell off the vine.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
About a month ago we got a call from my gf's mom about how an old acquaintance was putting her dog to sleep because she'd gotten a job and didn't have time for it :wtc:. We picked it up the next day to house it temporarily until we found a permanent home for it.

Well turns out verbal communication is really hard for some people or something and that wasn't what was happening at all, or it was and she changed her mind. Anyway, it turned into a complete E/N drama-fest but we ended up getting to keep the dog to find a new home for it. We take it to the vet and there's no chip. It's illegal to not chip your dog after 4 weeks of ownership in Sweden but neither the shelter he came from nor the previous owner had one put in. So we chip him, start him on a base vaccination just in case and find out he's max 2 years old.

The new owners picked it up yesterday and now the apartment is so... quiet. I also appreciate my own dog so much more now. She hardly ever barks, she doesn't need to be brushed every other day, we don't have to pick her ear hair or trim her genital/anal area and she's really food motivated. Staffies for life.

Foster dog in question.

He ignored our dog almost completely the first 3 weeks and was only starting to play with her during the last week.

Also, no one told us that if your dog plays in the ocean, cleaning their ears afterwards is a good idea. Our dog got a pretty bad ear infection and had to wear this for a week. The cone we got at the vet kept dipping into the ground so she got a hemorrhoid pillow instead that worked alot better. It also made us laugh whenever we saw her. She hated us for it.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
^^^ The most indignant dog.

Not my pet, but this in No Face. She belongs to a good family friend back in Hawaii who took her in from a community garden that's notorious for cat dumping. This friend has about twenty-eight free-roaming cats, all rescued and fixed by her.

When No Face was a kitten, someone threw hot oil on her, and the fur never grew back.

Fortunately, her sight was spared, as well as her naturally sweet personality. :unsmith: When I visited my family a couple years ago, she came right up to me and insisted on getting some lovins'. She has the softest fur and the most precious mew. :swoon:

Sorry about the awkward angles. My dad sent these pictures to me with the subject line "She kept turning her head."

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
The question between grass or hay has been decided..at least at my place.

e: table breakage

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

kinmik posted:

Not my pet, but this in No Face. She belongs to a good family friend back in Hawaii who took her in from a community garden that's notorious for cat dumping. This friend has about twenty-eight free-roaming cats, all rescued and fixed by her.

When No Face was a kitten, someone threw hot oil on her, and the fur never grew back.

Your friend is a good person. I can't fathom what sort of monster would throw hot oil on a kitten, though - it makes me unreasonably angry.

In happier news:

Bonkie is still lazy.

Peggy keeps finding ways to be more adorable.

...and Chinston is dissatisfied with his new-found fame.

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE
My first dog got hit by a car when I was about 10 and despite my pleas and begs, my parents refused to get another one.

Ten or so years later and two weeks into my six month trip overseas they get a puppy. :argh:

Meet Taz. He is a dog, but I don't think he wants to be one.

Here he is as a meerkat

Here is his dinosaur impression.

Here he is compared to a zuccini from mom's garden.

Dogs and babies. Awwww

I've got more pictures of him floating around, including the one where he's buried in the sand up to his head and wearing my hat.

He is a jerk. I have as many horror stories as I do awesome ones. But who can stay angry at that face?

He's 12 now and still pretty energetic for an old dog. He gets the zoomies and does figure 8s and spins on the couch. Will find a video as words don't do it justice.

I put this picture in because the other one of him makes him look like a lardass old lazybutt.

Dumb dog. I love my dog.

emuly
Jan 9, 2008

My gliders' babies came out of pouch a few weeks ago, and now they're just teeny little balls of fluff.

Waldo

Fonzie yelling at me for waking him

And here they are refusing to leave their poor mother alone so she can eat.

Professor Layton
Aug 26, 2008

Would you like a cup of tea?
My 6 month old, Sonny Shiba.

reserve
Jul 27, 2009

You are part of a long tradition
of needless self-sacrifice so that
dickbags can eat overpriced foie gras.

This is Moco. He is incredibly loyal, loving, and a little stupid. He cannot fetch and he doesn't know what floor we live on. He is a pug. I adopted him from a coworker who was giving him away because her boyfriend's daughter didn't like him. They named him, his name means booger in Spanish. I'm pretty sure she got him at a pet store.

He sits like this sometimes. Lookin' cool.

On a road trip to visit my parents.

Probably snoring.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
This is Willow, my crazy little kitten :3:

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

Meet Tumnus. He knows all of your secrets.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:
My vet told me to feed Alice less since she's getting old. Now she is mad at me :v:

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
This is my first dog, Missy:

She is a 7 year old tubby ball of fat that is a fatty fat fat. They tell me she is a sheltie mix, I am not sure if I believe them! Opinions as to what she is are welcome. So far she only wants to eat the food I'm eating and not her own, which provides an explanation as to her chub, and otherwise she is a lovely snorty thing who howls whenever anyone leaves the apartment.

Sevorast
Sep 13, 2011

Incoming!

My cat, The Yodster. He just turned 4, we had a party but he slept through it.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Direwolf posted:

This is my first dog, Missy:

She is a 7 year old tubby ball of fat that is a fatty fat fat. They tell me she is a sheltie mix, I am not sure if I believe them! Opinions as to what she is are welcome. So far she only wants to eat the food I'm eating and not her own, which provides an explanation as to her chub, and otherwise she is a lovely snorty thing who howls whenever anyone leaves the apartment.

She looks like an aussie/spaniel mix to me.
e: If you want more responses, you should try posting in the Mutt thread.

Baby Gypsy.

Invalid Octopus fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 9, 2012

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

This post is about a cat we rescued named Morpheus (the Greek god of dreams, not the matrix dude). This is my first cat ever and he has impressed me so much.

Sleeping during our first week together:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xXcq6XVuyU

Recent video showing his sleeping habits have hardly changed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awkjfcKNiTc

Playing in the tub:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwP5t8bOq9U

Do videos count as posting a picture here?
If not here is one of Morph looking insane:

The Sean fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 11, 2012

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

BoyG posted:

This is Willow, my crazy little kitten :3:

We have a mackeral tabby with the same fur color named Willow. Why she kneaded my chest and arm this morning, walking all over my face mewing, and eventually sneezing on my face all to just get me up for whatever drat reason. I think it is incredibly endearing.

This is the only photo I have of her right now. The black and white devil on the left is Whiskey. They are brother and sister.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hey Lulu, what's up?

Yeah I hear you.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
This might be the first picture where you can see an accurate depiction of my cat.

Black Cat Problems.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

This is Fudge. We've had him for about 4 months now. He owns.

We took him to my parent's house one day so he could run around chasing tennis balls for a few hours.

He slept the whole 2 hours back to our place.

The Big Jesus fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 12, 2012

jemsy
May 27, 2010

DOG EATS APPLE
:3:
Noah fell asleep in front of a mirror a few weeks ago and it was one of the cutest things he's ever done.

Dancing to "Thriller" in his dreams.

He's also an avid hunter of moths

And lizards

Phoenix591
Aug 1, 2012
These are my cats.

I got them from my Aunt who lives on an acreage (she gets animals dropped off semi-frequently) one of her adoptees got pregnant and she doesn't want to have too many kitties around, so she gave away the kittens to pretty much all her relatives. Even though they are brother and sister they still fight when they get bored.

The brown one, Miss Kitty, is an absolute snoop and must watch everything we do. She is way more willing to get petted than her brother.
The grey one, Festus, is just a layabout and naps upstairs all day most of the time, except when he comes down to eat and use the litter box.

I also got a dog from her, same sort of thing, adoptee of hers was pregnant when she got her. Cade is a huge mooch hound, and now hes getting old and nearly deaf. Lately whenever I pet him he rolls around on the ground and grunts happilly.

He probably got that way through years of hunting. Here he chased a raccoon up a tree til I shot it.

Splat
Aug 22, 2002
We adopted Amelia today from the shelter. ~3 month old stray Italian Greyhound. Might be the most adorable thing ever. Spaying at some point this week then we get to take her home (and can't wait).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Runty Little Girl
Nov 9, 2007
My bratties - In order age

My 9 year cat Zoe, I adopted her when she was 3. They originally listed her as a medium hair. Guess someone forget they most likely shaved the cat because she mats like crazy in the winter and the previous owners didn't even bother to get her spayed (she was surrendered for being pregnant). She wakes me up at 4 in the morning for food but I still love her ungrateful butt still.

Her humane society photo:

Six months later:

Eva is my 4 year old second cat, I adopted her at six month. This cat is scared of everything and I have no idea why. She is very sweet cat, but she mostly hides from people with a few exceptions.

Lastly we have my Rex Rabbit Raina. The humane society believes that she was around 2 when I adopted her so she would be about 3 now. Nothing is known about her past, she was abandoned in a parking lot in her cage with another rabbit. Lucky someone saw the cage and called animal control. She a fatty, I've been working to get/keep her weight under control. She is not the most social animal but she can be very sweet at times.

Her hanging out with Zoe, Eva is terrified of her and will run away when she tries to sniff her

Both of my cats

Runty Little Girl fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 17, 2012

Syllogism
Jun 7, 2001

We have listened. We are unmoved. The cleansing will proceed.
My 8 weeks old sheltie. Didn't cry even during the first night and is incredibly friendly/tolerant.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Syllogism posted:

My 8 weeks old sheltie. Didn't cry even during the first night and is incredibly friendly/tolerant.

That is a mega cute dog.

Here's a picture of Fudge at the beach! He was hot and was very happy to be part of Mount Pupmore.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

On the left is my "middle aged" girl cat which we adopted two and a half months ago. Shelter said she was 2-3 years old, vet thinks she is older than that. On the right is my 14 year old boy who had been alone his entire life. We did a super slow introduction over the course of six weeks, but I guess we did something right, because this was them today watching squirrels out the back door. We put a chair in front of the screen so they can sit and watch. I'm so happy they are getting along!

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
Totally caught playing with the DS.

"Boop! :3:"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I prefer this alarm clock.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 24, 2012

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Been posting in the puppy thread about this guy who is doing so much better now. His name is Linus, he's a golden retriever/border collie mix, and he's about 9 weeks old.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
My largest cat, back when he was a much more adorable size:

My largest cat, flash forward a couple years, as a large flexible cat:

And now flash forward more years, to this past christmas. Fatter than ever, but still a lovable lug.

And as a bonus, here's the cat being an rear end in a top hat at 6 in the morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUxOjAWRTSc

YummyTarts
Sep 2, 2007
Frosted Strawberry Toaster Pastries!
Retiring the old mare and replaced her this morning! Meet Koda. 8 year old Quarter horse. He's so well trained you can stand behind him, lean on his legs and yank his tail and he will not even flinch. And I always wanted a black horse!

Might change the name, not sure yet. Nothing else fits yet.

phillij
Jul 22, 2012
Both of my cats

[/quote]

Your kitties are beautiful. Zoe reminds me of my Pumpkin except he is a little darker orange and has green eyes. This is him waiting for Santa last year.

Here he is up to no good.

This is him with his best bud Keisha, my friend's shitsu.

Well we can't get along all the time can we?

jenirussticks
Mar 19, 2012

Oh no, not you again!
This is dexter.... Also known as bro...

Broda says use da force!

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

We had to put my dog Samwise (Sam for short) down today. He was ill, and he couldn't stand on his own anymore. It was for the best.

I thought you'd like to see a pic. Lots of people have been helping me cope today, but I always come to PI to see cute pics of other pets, and that helps too. So, this is a thanks from me. :unsmith:

Saucebox
Aug 29, 2012
This is Gizmo, I got him for my birthday nearly 5 years ago.

This is Shazz, he is technically my boyfriend's cat, but he moved in with me before he did. He is a year younger than Gizmo.

They like to hang out and play fight, and they sure keep each other company when we are not around. Here they are on the cat condo we made for them.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
I haven't seen my kelpie mutt in 3 months, I can't wait to go home on the 10th!

The shelter listed him as a lab/gsd, but Pet Island knows better! Not sure what else is in him, but he's low energy, doesn't fetch, doesn't bark at things, doesn't have prey drive, and is skittish around everything he doesn't understand, which includes thunder, loud noise, and pretty much every living thing. He wants to be friends regardless! I hope my parents haven't gotten him fat.

Sutureself fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenirussticks
Mar 19, 2012

Oh no, not you again!
Now that I've figured out this posting thing.... More pics of dexter... I feel he must b shared with the world ;)

Dex and bandit are best friends... Always sleeping or laying around together

He will hang with me on the hammock for hours

This is his "draw me like one of your French girls" pose

He always sleeps on the back of the couch...it's his nest

This is my other dog Kita....she smiles when she's happy....or if u say the words "cat food"... She's amusing but not nearly as amusing as dexter!

• Locked thread