Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

wtftastic posted:

Can Rasta be in rotation with Gumbo for at least a little while?

Why are all those names place names? I'm going to name my next dog something stupid like Placemat, Yarn, Basket, or Fork.

"Placemat, Yarn, Basket, and Fork" would be great names for any/all pets.

Rasta = Ras = Razz. He can be Razz. At least it's not Kingston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Superconsndar posted:

Hooray~ :downs:

Honestly if I end up with a Finnish Spitz puppy in the next five years (because my dad wants to place a puppy with me, but I don't really know if he's got the guts to be a breeder, even with his dogs doing well in the show ring), I'd be tempted to name it something silly like that. Maybe even "Yam" or "Basketball", BB for short.

My parents already hate my taste in dog names. I've (semi seriously) been threatening for years to name a male dog Mr. Barkley T Woofles the Third and my mom just loving loses it when I mention it. I imagine Yarn or Fork would provoke similar amounts of rage.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
If you're not going to give your dog a goofy name, what's the point? My Daisy is only a Daisy because she was 2 when we rescued her. 13 now!

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Superconsndar posted:

Can you be moved out now and save that puppy please? Not gonna lie, it makes my gut clench to think what your parents might/could/would do to/with him as long as he's in that house.

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Max has figured out how to take off his cone, and if I put it on any tighter I'll be choking the poor thing. He's good about not licking if I'm watching him, but if I have to leave him unattended I don't want him to start licking himself.

Any good cone alternatives?

I believe there exist donut innertube things that do the same thing. I've never used one and don't know what they're called.

Took Psyche to the vet yesterday for yet another blood draw. She officially hates the vet and stopped cold before entering the exam room and wouldn't budge until I pulled her in. Still, she did a good job and hopefully it'll be the last time. It's just for a generic blood screening, since her thyroid test indicated a non-specific non-thyroidal illness. She has no physical symptoms though (besides being crazy), so I'm not really expecting them to find anything.

They're going to do a urine analysis too, so my husband gets to follow her around tomorrow morning with a pie pan. She already gives us dirty looks for watching her do her business, so I'm predicting she is not going to be happy about it. Maybe I'll take pictures.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Kiri koli posted:

I believe there exist donut innertube things that do the same thing. I've never used one and don't know what they're called.

Took Psyche to the vet yesterday for yet another blood draw. She officially hates the vet and stopped cold before entering the exam room and wouldn't budge until I pulled her in. Still, she did a good job and hopefully it'll be the last time. It's just for a generic blood screening, since her thyroid test indicated a non-specific non-thyroidal illness. She has no physical symptoms though (besides being crazy), so I'm not really expecting them to find anything.

They're going to do a urine analysis too, so my husband gets to follow her around tomorrow morning with a pie pan. She already gives us dirty looks for watching her do her business, so I'm predicting she is not going to be happy about it. Maybe I'll take pictures.

My childhood dog had a huge yard to roam in and we didn't normally walk her on a leash except for vet trips and a few other things. We move to Europe and were fixing the fence at the house and so we had to walk her on leash- she hated pooping and peeing on leash and would stare at us and look hurt when she did.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

wtftastic posted:

Honestly if I end up with a Finnish Spitz puppy in the next five years (because my dad wants to place a puppy with me, but I don't really know if he's got the guts to be a breeder, even with his dogs doing well in the show ring), I'd be tempted to name it something silly like that. Maybe even "Yam" or "Basketball", BB for short.

I think Yam is a great name for a dog. Just think of all the stupid nicknames that can stem from it.

All of my pets came with their names or else I'd probably have some stupidly-named pets. Max is a very generic name but it's easy enough and he responds to it so we have no plans to change it. I was going to change Smokey's name but never came up with anything I liked and it'd be weird to change it now. I blame this thread for me suddenly starting to call Max "Maxy waxy nubble wubbles" by the way.

I looked up canine tooth caps and implants online, and implants are waaaaaayyy too expensive ($2000 each!) to get, so it looks like Mr. Max is gonna get some caps on his broken teeth. It doesn't look like they do enamel-colored dog tooth caps, so he'll have metal fake canines. Essentially he'll have steel fangs. He'll be the toughest-lookin' dawg on the block :black101:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Tamarillo posted:

lovely cellphone pic but...:sigh: lesson learned...bread must be put away, not left on the bench.

I wanna pet that kitty.

So my two weeks of training in the desert ended and I went to get my ball of fluff back from my sisters but he wanted nothing to do with the carrier.

One of hers however I think wanted to go.

This is Ushi by the way, my sisters friendly but kind of dense boy cat.

Somehow Buttercup seems a bit fluffier. I think the swamp cooler had something to do with it.

Seriously, I'm not sure he has legs at this point, hes' just caterpillar fluff and paws.

Here is Ushi sitting on Fiona's favorite spot.

And here's Fiona being herself. She's a little shy. It's only been two years and she barely tolerates my presence.

And to cap off this short story and photodump more of a fluffball being fluffy.

This I see a lot.

I was finishing off an assignment for finals and he just sat at my feet purring.

So in short, I come back from annual training and somehow my cat is fluffier than normal from his time with my sister.

For comparison here's a few photos of BC from last year. I'm not sure if it's the better food or if he put on a pound but he's a lot fluffier than when he and I first met.

If this is too many images I can cut it down or edit them to smaller thumbnails.

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.

RurouNNy posted:

Ha hah! This made me laugh like crazy. Heal up fast little dude!

Okay, and I have to pimp my dog's new collar ...

Me too, that picture had me cracking up.

But I hate you because you posted the Karma Collars site. I have a new collar picked out for all of my dogs but they are working dogs drat it and it will just get ruined. George could have one because we take off his normal collar and put on a belled/reflective one for his work, but I can't just buy him a pretty collar because the others will be jealous.* I was having such a nice night too then you had to introduce this stress into it.

Superconsndar posted:

I ONLY RAN TO THE KITCHEN FOR FIVE SECONDS TO ANSWER THE PHONE.

I envy you. Last week I stepped outside to grab the mail. It took me less than a minute. In that time Bandit chewed open my 2 prescription bottles, both of which contained medication that is very toxic to dogs. The pills were scattered all over the floor. One emergency vet bill later we discovered that he hadn't eaten any, just was apparently checking to make sure there wasn't food in there.

Also he's 8. At least the puppy might grow out of it. :shobon:

*I know my dogs do not actually care who has the prettiest collar but I do drat it. I already show George enough favoritism because his training is really intense right now, I'm not going to add to that by getting him a fancy-schmancy collar.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Bear Rape posted:

e: Can someone please let me know wtf is with this craigslist ad? :stare:
Linked for wtf and possible choking of a puppy
Didn't black out their email/number because gently caress them for posting that. Everything here is bad.

Well as long as its kettle trained :downs:

I sat in on a training class today and the trainer told us all a story about a local rottweiler breeder that is breeding his dogs to "guard more" meaning he only breeds dogs with severe resource guarding issues. She got called in to help with a puppy from his kennel that was 7 months old and guarding paper. If her owners tossed a piece of paper in the trash and missed she would not let anyone in the room with it. Even steak would not convince her to leave the paper. She eventually had to be put down at 13 months after biting a child severely enough to need stitches over a crumpled napkin.

necessary voodoo
Nov 4, 2010
Heard something "interesting".

A chick on another site I frequent has apparently had two kittens die from eating tainted Blue Buffalo food. Now, I'm wary of this for several reasons. The first being the bitch has a history of being crazy. Secondly, she claims it was her vet who told her this, and said that they have been seeing a rash of cases of cats getting sick from it. Yet I can find no recent reports or stories about any tainted food from that company. Finally, she breeds "for a living" and all of her Persians look inbred as hell and ugly as sin. I will be a prejudiced dick about you breeding The Worst cat breed if I want, drat. :colbert:

Am I just being a cold, suspicious rear end in a top hat, or is there something actually fishy about this?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

Can you be moved out now and save that puppy please? Not gonna lie, it makes my gut clench to think what your parents might/could/would do to/with him as long as he's in that house.

Yeah, me too, they're already horrible and they're already beginning the "ruin the puppy" process. It's tragic and soul crushing and they'll only have had him a week tomorrow and I'm already having panic attacks (I have a really severe anxiety disorder hnnngh) daily because I can tell from the way he behaves when I get home from work that my stepdad crates him all day and screams at him/possibly hits him when I'm not home and I can't be there to do anything about it. I have no proof other than "I know a lot about dog body language and I can tell something isn't right" and that isn't enough to call animal control/anyone about. He's fed, watered, kept indoors, and doesn't live in filth. No ones going to do anything if I report them for being shitheads.

If I move out now, I will have to move into a small apartment with a DA, high energy pit bull, Frankie, and a small puppy who has not been introduced to said pit bull (and was introduced improperly when it was attempted, creating an angry pit bull grudge against the puppy as a result.) I would be living alone, working 8-5, which would means 3 dogs crated nearly constantly, 2 of which could not be around each other, and one of them a small puppy. A small puppy who bays at the top of his lungs, and has the temperament and stubbornness of a scenthound, which I have *zero* experience with, and am having to crash course myself in the training/management of because my usual "it is a pit bull or pit bull derivative, tell it to do or not do a thing and it will just do it because you said" is not working on him, and that is all I really have hands-on experience with. It wouldn't end well, and it wouldn't be much better for him. I work too much to give a puppy what it needs- I barely have time to keep Moses sane as it is. I get up at 4:30-5am on weekdays so that I can wear Moses out before work, and he still eats up most of my evening too, and I'm sleep deprived and constantly busy as a result- I just do not even remotely have time for a puppy without my partner here to help spread out some of the work.

Once my partner gets here, we should be able to afford a house, rather than an apartment, with our combined income. She works from home and can deal with the dogs, and I'll be able to, most likely, take on a 3rd (the puppy.) I was saving the 3rd dog slot for another spergy APBT and am hesitant to use it on a mutt puppy, but he seems like he has the potential to be awesome and I really miss hunting trips and while I don't *need* a dog that will bay to hunt hogs around here, it certainly wouldn't hurt and I think he may have a good hard mouth to go with it.

I have spent the whole week trying to convince my mom to return him and she isn't having it, and I can't prove they're being horrible enough to him, with his basic needs being met, to have him taken away. (To be honest, animal control would probably be more interested in my ABUSED CHAINED PIT BULL than the puppy :downs: )

I fully intend to keep on hounding them to rehome him, and it may or may not work. If it doesn't, all I can do is wait for something blatantly abusive enough to report them, or for me to be able to move out and handle a 3rd dog. If Moses was lower energy and more dog tolerant than maybe I could handle it with the help of a dog walker, but as it is, there's just no way I could make that work right now.

RurouNNy
Dec 10, 2004

Oh man I appreciate that, you know I do!

2tomorrow posted:

Me too, that picture had me cracking up.

But I hate you because you posted the Karma Collars site. I have a new collar picked out for all of my dogs but they are working dogs drat it and it will just get ruined. George could have one because we take off his normal collar and put on a belled/reflective one for his work, but I can't just buy him a pretty collar because the others will be jealous.* I was having such a nice night too then you had to introduce this stress into it.

*I know my dogs do not actually care who has the prettiest collar but I do drat it. I already show George enough favoritism because his training is really intense right now, I'm not going to add to that by getting him a fancy-schmancy collar.

Not to stress you out more, but these are seriously durable ;) Refurbished working farm dog collar And it is part of what they do there - Reduce, Reuse, Refurbish (Get George the Gatsby damnit so I can live vicariously through you!!)

And here is the cat I am picking up Sunday when she was a kitten (I was looking through old pictures of when I used to visit with her on weekends with my then fiance since my sister may be interested in her!):

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Well as long as its kettle trained :downs:

Hey I could use a kettle trained dog, my tea isn't going to make itself drat it.

The rest is just :smith:. What is with people thinking that resource guarding is the same as livestock/property guarding or protection? I thought it was kind of the primary rule of dog training that DOGS DO NOT GENERALIZE.

RurouNNy posted:

Not to stress you out more, but these are seriously durable ;) Refurbished working farm dog collar And it is part of what they do there - Reduce, Reuse, Refurbish (Get George the Gatsby damnit so I can live vicariously through you!!)

You are awful, what is wrong with you?

By that I mean that I will probably order those tomorrow, it's too late for me to trust my judgment now, since my cart is currently over $300 in collars alone. I never spend that much this late at night. I totally wanted the Gatsby for George, he will look so handsome in it :3:

2tomorrow fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 11, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

RurouNNy posted:

And here is the cat I am picking up Sunday when she was a kitten (I was looking through old pictures of when I used to visit with her on weekends with my then fiance since my sister may be interested in her!):

Those are some adorable catte pictures. :3:

I had to take Feldman with me to work today, and he spent all day in his crate, except a few breaks to drink water/go potty. Now he's barking/running/barking through the house. Plus he's got diarrhea and when I cleaned his bottom there was a (to me) large amount of blood on the wipe. I gotta work tomorrow and sunday, and I was sick last weekend AND I took him to the vet today about this and that eye thing. So no clue what to do. Plus I'm horribly depressed and I just want to turn the phones off and lay in bed all day tomorrow. Horray. :effort:

edit: nm

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 11, 2012

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
WELL, thanks to all this rad collar posting and the fact I just got paid, I'm really itching to buy a new collar for Shadow... I'm either going to browse Collar Mania or browse fabric stores and get creative to make him a super cool one myself. I would really like to take a stab at a tapered buckle style.

2tomorrow posted:

Hey I could use a kettle trained dog, my tea isn't going to make itself drat it.

The rest is just :smith:. What is with people thinking that resource guarding is the same as livestock/property guarding or protection? I thought it was kind of the primary rule of dog training that DOGS DO NOT GENERALIZE.

They generalize very well, actually. :eng101: It's just never what you WANT them to generalize. :downs: Scary experience with a guy wearing a baseball cap? GONNA FEAR ALL GUYS WEARING BASEBALL CAPS NOW! etc.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Skizzles posted:

WELL, thanks to all this rad collar posting and the fact I just got paid, I'm really itching to buy a new collar for Shadow... I'm either going to browse Collar Mania or browse fabric stores and get creative to make him a super cool one myself. I would really like to take a stab at a tapered buckle style.

Collarmania is having a 25% off sale currently, you could do both :ninja:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Cat made me laugh :3:

I've come to the realisation that my dog is, in fact, a stoner. I don't know how it took me so long to realise that when I have the evidence staring at me each day.

RurouNNy
Dec 10, 2004

Oh man I appreciate that, you know I do!

2tomorrow posted:

You are awful, what is wrong with you?

By that I mean that I will probably order those tomorrow, it's too late for me to trust my judgment now, since my cart is currently over $300 in collars alone. I never spend that much this late at night. I totally wanted the Gatsby for George, he will look so handsome in it :3:

Yessssssss :dance: Ha hah, I fully encourage you to buy ALL the collars and then take a million pictures of your lovely dogs working in them :3: They were having the free leash Friday deal yesterday, and I tried convincing my husband that I needed to buy another one. He just rolled his eyes at me and said to wait at least a month before buying more. He just doesn't get it :colbert: (though he does looove the ones we have bought)

SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

This is not the aquarium thread, nothing to see here.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

I made a thing :haw:

I really need to get better at sewing. And get some better webbing to sew onto, this stuff is so thin it's unbelievable! But my dog is a smurf now :3:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

TVs Ian posted:

No, she needs to wait a few months until they are sick of the dog for being a dog. They need to think it was their idea to foist Gumbo (best name) off on her.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

There's a video making the rounds, a clip from a documentary called Animals Like Us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2lSZPTa3ho

In the clip, it shows how male baboons in a certain area steal and raise (?) young feral puppies. The dogs grow up and are part of the baboon "family", sleeping with them, being groomed by them, and guarding them from other feral dogs. It's pretty interesting stuff.

Warning for if you watch it: in the first minute and a half, a baboon drags a young puppy over a rocky area. The puppy squeals a lot about it, so if you are sensitive to that then skip past the first section.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I went out to Hollin Farms today and picked a full bushel of fresh peaches. One of the bags tore on my way to the car, and as a result one peach got smashed a bit. It won't keep until I do my jam-making, so I put it in the rat cage.

They are fascinated and intimidated by it, and I'm laughing my rear end off.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Football season is going to be rough on my dog. I was watching a preseason game and shouted about something and he acted like the most traumatized dog.

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
The laser pointer has been put away for a couple minutes now, but both my cats are still searching for the Evil Red Dot. Watching them chase it around is hilarious. Dignity? Out the window!

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:

wtftastic posted:

Football season is going to be rough on my dog. I was watching a preseason game and shouted about something and he acted like the most traumatized dog.

Yeah, my dogs had to get over my boyfriend yelling and jumping around while watching basketball. He will probably do the same with football. Poor bastards can't get a break.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I let the dogs out earlier. Kaydee whipped around towards the door, stopped, stared at the ground and.. put her nose right against another bird, then stared up at me. Only this little bird was alive. And here comes Ires. :ohdear:

Ires stops, tilts her head, puts her nose against the bird, looks up at me and tilts her head again. Balen looks at the girls, walks over, looks at bird, leaves because clearly the girls have already alerted me to presence of bird. Amy found the bird. She promptly reared into the air, barked at it, then launched herself across the yard at top speed, bounced off the wall and dove across the other way.

I run inside, grab a box while husband watches bird, bird goes in box and then we drive it 25 miles across town to the wildlife rehabber. She thinks the little guy has a broken leg and said she'd call me to tell me whether it made it or not. What kind of bird was it?

Yeah I'm a sap. I still hope the little guy makes it.

pandaid
Feb 9, 2004

RAWR
Ugh, just looked at Dynamo's face and there's a cut on his nose and on his bottom eyelid. Put neosporin on it which he has been cleaning off for the last 5 minutes. He and Nova have been fighting a lot recently, maybe change in weather. Most of the time he's the one who's picking the fight - he's young and wants to play and she's old and wants to just sleep. He doesn't take no for an answer some times. This is the first time blood has been drawn though she has been taking tufts of fur out. He never seemed to notice and would come back for more. I checked Novas claws and apparently last time I clipped I only did one front paw, so I fixed the pointy ones. I've tried playing with Dynamo more and that just seems to rile him up more.

Feliway time? Normal for cats on very rare occasion? Dear cats, please be nice to each other.

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper

That is a female house sparrow. It also could have been a song sparrow if it had a white dot on the chest.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Serella posted:

No, she needs to wait a few months until they are sick of the dog for being a dog. They need to think it was their idea to foist Gumbo (best name) off on her.

Yeah this. If I just take him, now while they still ~love him,~ that's kind of stealing their dog and it wouldn't end well. If I ride it out, they'll get sick of him for being a "BAD DOG WHY DON'T YOU SIT UNMOVING IN THE CORNER LIKE A GOOD DOG" and they'll "dump" him on me while lmaoing softly to themselves about what an idiot crazy person nerd dork sperglord I am for taking on their horrible, terrible, broken dog who does things besides sleeping in a pile and waiting to be occasionally patted.

Anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BVwOxSyX9g

I need to get a video of "BROOO-ROO-ROO" because it is :swoon:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

Yeah this. If I just take him, now while they still ~love him,~ that's kind of stealing their dog and it wouldn't end well. If I ride it out, they'll get sick of him for being a "BAD DOG WHY DON'T YOU SIT UNMOVING IN THE CORNER LIKE A GOOD DOG" and they'll "dump" him on me while lmaoing softly to themselves about what an idiot crazy person nerd dork sperglord I am for taking on their horrible, terrible, broken dog who does things besides sleeping in a pile and waiting to be occasionally patted.

Anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BVwOxSyX9g

I need to get a video of "BROOO-ROO-ROO" because it is :swoon:

Well that cheered up my lovely day a whole lot. Thanks super! :tipshat:

You go Frankie. You won't be as big/bigger than Gumbo for much longer. Enjoy it while you can. Soon you will be knocked back into your role as House Gremlin once again.

edit: The noises they made sounded like someone gargling gravel. :v:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Bash Ironfist posted:

Frankie ... House Gremlin

Now I'm just imagining him living in the basement, coming out only after everyone has left to clean up the scraps left behind, squinting at the light as it shines down into his mismatched eyes.

:solanadumb:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Gumbo has some wonderful spotty ears. Hope things work out alright with him. Frankie makes some really weird noises.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Aww, Frankie is helping tire out the puppy :3:

How do you even have time to do everything you need to in a day, Super? You have a lot more pets than most people I know if we count Gumbo too.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Fraction posted:

Aww, Frankie is helping tire out the puppy :3:

How do you even have time to do everything you need to in a day, Super? You have a lot more pets than most people I know if we count Gumbo too.

I've got a handful of feeder mice and rats, which I just have to throw food at and then clean on the weekends. Same for 4 leopard geckos, their actual upkeep is like 5 mins a day, and they don't need like, attention. Frankie doesn't really give a poo poo and mostly just hangs out and Moses WAS the only thing that actually took time and effort. I really don't have adequate time to dedicate to both him and the puppy so the puppy just has to deal.

e; I guess there's my mealowrm colony too?? I just sift them into new bedding and throw them some veg slices once a week.

Fat Dio
Feb 27, 2010

Has the Gumbo puppy got really short legs and a long body or is it some trick of the camera? He looks like he's going to be a fair sized dog but I wonder if he'll actually get that tall. Maybe some mastermind bred a Basset with an Bulldog.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Apidae posted:

Has the Gumbo puppy got really short legs and a long body or is it some trick of the camera? He looks like he's going to be a fair sized dog but I wonder if he'll actually get that tall. Maybe some mastermind bred a Basset with an Bulldog.

Yeah, he's achondroplastic. Not extremely, but yeah. He's very houndy and I'm pretty sure he's american bulldog and basset, or a mix of a mix of those. It wouldn't be an unheard of intentional mix around here, bulldog x any kind of scent/cur hound is pretty much the go-to all purpose hunting cross. He was picked up as a stray in a pretty :banjo: area so I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't an accident.

Basically my mom went out and got a hog dog after continuously ranting about how much she hates pit bulls, american bulldogs, hounds, the mixes thereof, and was super mad that that was all she could find in shelters. She got him because (her words) "HE IS A FAT WHITE SPOTTY PUPPY WITH BIG FEET!" and the rescue told her he was a "lab mix."

She did believe me when I told her what he actually was, but suddenly it was okay because it was "a fat white spotty puppy with big feet."

edit: It is really hard to remember to call him "Kingston" around my mom. Who the gently caress names a derpy houndy mutt dog "Kingston." :saddowns:

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 12, 2012

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Superconsndar posted:

I've got a handful of feeder mice and rats, which I just have to throw food at and then clean on the weekends. Same for 4 leopard geckos, their actual upkeep is like 5 mins a day, and they don't need like, attention. Frankie doesn't really give a poo poo and mostly just hangs out and Moses WAS the only thing that actually took time and effort. I really don't have adequate time to dedicate to both him and the puppy so the puppy just has to deal.

I thought you had pet rats too - that's what I was thinking of on top of geckos & now three dogs. Forgot all about the feeder animals* :downs:

The only real time sinks for you are Moses and ~Kingston~ I guess then, which makes it a lot easier!

* what are you breeding feeders for btw? Dog food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I have learned something while petsitting 5 dogs. I will never, ever own 5 dogs.

• Locked thread