Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
Treestuck's reading again. She is so happy to see Aradia in her God tier regalia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Christ, she so happy about it, I almost don't want to read her response to the Handmaiden.

Almost.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
She's going through the Tavros-Gamzee rap-off now.

She hasn't posted about the end of it yet.

I am anticipating her reaction quite heartily.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It feels wrong somehow to be stalking a liveblogger like this, but it's probably saving this thread from going even worse places, because at least something is updating.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

Bongo Bill posted:

It feels wrong somehow to be stalking a liveblogger like this, but it's probably saving this thread from going even worse places, because at least something is updating.

She's legit entertaining, and it's cool to enjoy this comic from a really different perspective (the excitable young tumblr-girl perspective). And, you know, there's the dramatic irony of us knowing what's ahead of her.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Didn't she say she was cool with it anyway in one of her askbox posts? Also:

Treestuck, on Doc Scratch, posted:

he's carrying a broom. I dont actually think he€'s going to use it as a weapon, but it does make for a funny sight.

Oh, I don't think "funny" will apply for very much longer. :allears:

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 12, 2012

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
There's nothing that says that the ghosttrolls/peeps that died were main timeline ones, and who cares about off-timeline guys

Not me

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I assumed it was The Real Equius just because he had a bunch of Aradias hanging around him.

I stick to my belief that we're going to get Nepiusprite and they're going to tell us what exactly happens to a dreambubbler who dies. Then they explode, and they're re-dead and they help Vriska and Tavros with the gently caress poo poo Up Plan.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zorak posted:

There's nothing that says that the ghosttrolls/peeps that died were main timeline ones, and who cares about off-timeline guys

Not me

Poor Davesprite. Nobody likes him.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Poor Davesprite. Nobody likes him.

Y'know, I imagine a meeting between John and Dave will be PRETTY AWKWARD considering for 3 years John has been hanging with Davesprite. Dave and Davesprite had already diverged when Davesprite was created, and 3 years is a long time for 2 people with the same point of origin to become quite different from one another.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Also, one of them is part bird.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Slime posted:

Y'know, I imagine a meeting between John and Dave will be PRETTY AWKWARD considering for 3 years John has been hanging with Davesprite. Dave and Davesprite had already diverged when Davesprite was created, and 3 years is a long time for 2 people with the same point of origin to become quite different from one another.

Kinda like how AR and dirk had identical staring conditions but have had 3 years of developmental differences, and are now largely considered different characters.

I still hold true to my theory that the daves will unify back in to one. Upon reuniting, god tier dave will prototype himself with davesprite and become one entity with the powers and knowledge of both. Kinda like how all of dirk's fractured selves ended up recombining into one dirk. it's just a thing the strider brothers do.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I've just realized a few more things.

Dave doesn't have his timetables now, does he? Like the rest of his inventory, they'd be left on LOFAF. All he has now is the broken Caledfwlch. Does he even still need them?

The last frog needed to breed the Genesis Frog was sendificated to Jade's pond before Bec killed it. Jade only remembered this incident after she agreed to Echidna's bargain. We don't know, but it is very probable that Echidna was the one who sent the frog.

That is all.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Lord of Laughton posted:

I don't know why people are assuming that, because Equius is appearing in normal clothes and appearance in these dream bubbles, he was the 'alpha Equius' that was killed by Gamzee. This could be just any old Equius from dream Feferi or dream Eridan or Aradiabot #413's beta timeline.

In my case I only even thought of that possibility because other people mentioned it first. However it was reinforced in my mind since the majority of the other characters in that dream bubble were in Derse/Prospit pajamas or Godtier outfits, which immediately ruled them out as the dead alphas(unless they had a cosplay fetish or something?). Even Dave and John were still in the garb they died in which specifically signified them as betas.

Basically it's a case of "Nearly everyone in that dream bubble was glaringly, obviously a beta, while Equius was the edge case in looking how he died as an alpha."

So yes, it's not damning evidence, but merely making an unfortunate if possibly incorrect implication. :smith:

Rooreelooo posted:

I still hold true to my theory that the daves will unify back in to one. Upon reuniting, god tier dave will prototype himself with davesprite and become one entity with the powers and knowledge of both. Kinda like how all of dirk's fractured selves ended up recombining into one dirk. it's just a thing the strider brothers do.

I think the unification is supposed to be a Prince of Heart thing rather than a Strider thing, so I think the Daves will remain plural, personally. However, what would be interesting is seeing how their viewpoints end up clashing a bit in that regard, with Dirk taking care of his various selves/creations and Dave being defensive in hoping he's the one of his bretheren to survive.

Bongo Bill posted:

Dave doesn't have his timetables now, does he? Like the rest of his inventory, they'd be left on LOFAF. All he has now is the broken Caledfwlch. Does he even still need them?

I think the running theory has been that if you go Godtier(or maybe just level up enough?) you may no longer need game-specific gear to do your high-end class abilities. Which is pretty convenient since if you go Godtier in most ways you're probably inadvertently ditching your gear in any case. (Which at the same time may be a bit thematic of the player growing up a bit, since now they realize that they don't really need to rely quite as much on all that powerful gear they had with their new super powers, and can definitely hold their own until they find it again/make more.)

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Even if Dave needed all his stuff, he's got a huge pile of grist (since John slaughtered all those enemies during the Scratch and they've all got Gristtorrent running) and the Troll asteroid has all the crafting equipment. He could conceivably make it all again, or better.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Slime posted:

I dont think it will be awkward. John may find it amusing how they changed, but he made it pretty clear that he considers them completely different people and not just clones of some sort.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

KoB posted:

I dont think it will be awkward. John may find it amusing how they changed, but he made it pretty clear that he considers them completely different people and not just clones of some sort.

Might not be awkward for John, but it might be awkward for Dave. After all, John would have had all this time to buddy up with Davesprite, three years, during which he himself was absent. Hell, three years might even have been longer than John and Dave knew each other before Sburb. Dave might feel like he's kind of been supplanted as John's best friend by someone else.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Midnight Raider posted:

Might not be awkward for John, but it might be awkward for Dave. After all, John would have had all this time to buddy up with Davesprite, three years, during which he himself was absent. Hell, three years might even have been longer than John and Dave knew each other before Sburb. Dave might feel like he's kind of been supplanted as John's best friend by someone else.

It was very probably longer than three years. The chronological (not causal) beginning of the events that led to their acquaintance was when Jade's grandpa was still alive, if you recall the sequence.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

It was very probably longer than three years. The chronological (not causal) beginning of the events that led to their acquaintance was when Jade's grandpa was still alive, if you recall the sequence.

Yeah, but internet friends are very different than being stuck with only two other people for three years.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Come to think of it, I seem to recall that we did see the exact moment John and Jade met, but it was in a Flash somewhere.

It wouldn't surprise me if we do at some point get to see a flashback to when the kids all met. The B2 kids, too; all we know is that Calliope was involved with it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Just a reminder (since it's been ages since it was last mentioned) that we have an IRC channel at #plushrump on SynIRC if people want to help wile away the time between updates. Everyone's welcome! :)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, what other solo-artist albums are supposed to happen this month?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Tollymain posted:

So, what other solo-artist albums are supposed to happen this month?

Jit and Albatross, I believe.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Okay, here's a question: Where did the Midnight Crew come from? I know they first appeared on the site as a donator commission by Mayonaka, but where did Mayonaka come up with them?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Triskelli posted:

Okay, here's a question: Where did the Midnight Crew come from? I know they first appeared on the site as a donator commission by Mayonaka, but where did Mayonaka come up with them?

I vaguely remember him explaining that originally they were D&D characters? Some sort of magical mafiosi powered by the Plane of Shadow. They were also a whole organization, not just four card-themed guys.

There was a hint of shadow magic powers in the original PS extras, but they had already been changed a lot by Hussie, and as they appeared in Homestuck they are completely divorced from the original concept.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
According to Radiation, the next solo album is coming out tomorrow. :allears:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Jit's, specifically. He seems to have been making a bunch of cryptic "OYO" posts about it, so clearly it's a concept album about a hypothetical Homestuck Babies spinoff where everyone is one year old.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Jit's, specifically. He seems to have been making a bunch of cryptic "OYO" posts about it, so clearly it's a concept album about a hypothetical Homestuck Babies spinoff where everyone is one year old.

Now to decide if Bro or Dad would be the "Nanny" character...

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Either Lalonde. Possibly Scratch. Meenah and Arenea (fish lips all interrupting story time)

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

My music collection isn't tagged correctly and everything just has the artist as 'homestuck'. What tracks is Jit notable for having done?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Sarabande, Light, GameBro, WSW, Trollcops, Ruins are some of his compositions I think. Crystamanthequins is his arrangement, and he's the performer on Sburb. Also did that rad version of Three in the Morning on Vol. 9.

Edit: Also he's the guy who maintains a list here.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 14, 2012

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's a page that lists every Homestuck track by author. He'd done some cool poo poo!

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
And also one of my personal favorites, The Carnival. (plus an alternate ending version)

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
My life won't be complete until Radiation makes and releases the sequel to The Baby is You.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

GameBro, Trollcops,

Ouch.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I could never get myself to like this because it's so similar to the Final Fantasy tune it doesn't feel like simply a tribute to it.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

I actually wouldn't have put it past Hussie to name August "Solo Album Month" because a single album was released. The sole album of the month. Still, it's great that we're actually getting one tomorrow!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

My life won't be complete until Radiation makes and releases the sequel to The Baby is You.
*Also sprach Zarathustra plays as a giant placard with "Where's Spider's Claw. Where is it." etched into its surface rises up from the ground*

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I keep checking the bandcamp but the music isn't up yet :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Hey, I was close! :downs: