Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
I would love to rock a leather jacket and pants with fringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

It's all about the Coyote helmet.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TheDon01 posted:

It's all about the Coyote helmet.

holy poo poo, I thought that was just the worlds worst mullet!

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Tavistock
Oct 30, 2010

Can anyone identify this bike/tank?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Tavistock posted:

Can anyone identify this bike/tank?

looks like a DOHC CB750 tank on a DOHC CB750
start lookin at 79 CB750's onward

mmmm that swingarm looks to be a CB650 swingarm though.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Spent at least an hour on this site when I should've been in bed. Spectacular photography.

He doesn't shoot on crazy expensive gear, either. This one was done with a point-n-shoot.

I also had no idea people drag raced pocket bikes(scooter engines, judging by the drivetrain?).

Literally thousands more where that came from.

http://streetracker.blogspot.it/

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 10, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

looks like a DOHC CB750 tank on a DOHC CB750
start lookin at 79 CB750's onward

mmmm that swingarm looks to be a CB650 swingarm though.

Is that the same tank on the CB900F too? Looks like that to me.

Smile
Dec 16, 2005
sturgis.jpg

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

slidebite posted:

Is that the same tank on the CB900F too? Looks like that to me.

yes, and cb1100f

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Slim Pickens posted:

I also had no idea people drag raced pocket bikes(scooter engines, judging by the drivetrain?).

Looks like the kind of stuff run at 100mph Scooter Club events.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
whoa

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Weird. The front disc is masquerading as a drum brake, and it looks like they put a shovelhead engine in backwards for some reason?

Edit: internet says ironhead, but I don't think I've never seen one like that before.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 11, 2012

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

Weird. The front disc is masquerading as a drum brake, and it looks like they put a shovelhead engine in backwards for some reason?

Edit: internet says ironhead, but I don't think I've never seen one like that before.

Rear shock from a Chinese knock-off full suspension mountain bike. For handling.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent

My friend just posted this up on FB, not his bike though. Wonderful Singapore :bang:

In other news, I was at Sepang on saturday. The new rearsets and reverse shift cleared up the problem with the false neutrals, but the bike is now jumping out of third. Looks like i'm going to be putting in a warranty claim for a new gearbox in the future (my current mech is in talks with the MV agent to become the authorised service centre for them). Also switched back to a 190 rear from the previous 200, i prefer the 190 as it makes the bike easier to turn.

I was pretty much quickest in the beginner group now that i'm more comfortable on the bike so i'll probably register myself in the inters for the next trackday.

raffie fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Aug 11, 2012

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Slim Pickens posted:

If it's an ironhead, it's nowhere near stock. Trans should be connected in the same case on an ironhead, and the front exhaust pipe is on the wrong side.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

angryhampster posted:

If it's an ironhead, it's nowhere near stock. Trans should be connected in the same case on an ironhead, and the front exhaust pipe is on the wrong side.

Yah it's a ironhead. They cut the transmission off and split the rocker boxes. As far as the exhaust exiting on the wrong side in the front, that's just how they decided to run it.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
sturgis.jpg

I saw that one up close on Tuesday

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 11, 2012

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
This popped up on my FB news feed:

Why yes that IS Jorge Lorenzo and Ricky Cardus in Texas riding 4 wheelers in the mud.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I put this in the racing thread but it can go here too

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Lol awfulapp

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Went for a little ride today, wasn't too bad, almost his a couple of cows but you get that in farming areas.

Pictures are from a little park at the end of the road.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Valt posted:

Yah it's a ironhead. They cut the transmission off and split the rocker boxes. As far as the exhaust exiting on the wrong side in the front, that's just how they decided to run it.

I'm saying the exhaust port on the front head is on the wrong side of the bike. Stock ironhead:

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
On Any Sunday. Its a 1971 movie about racing back in the bad old days of safety and suspension. Its on netflix instant if you have it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoEKHkvJIkQ

Edit: A young racer goes down and breaks his back. He's back racing six weeks later with it still not healed.:gonk:

Nyyen fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 12, 2012

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

How big is the one your Dad's built? Any pictures of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYtvedoXZqw

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

So I was going through a bunch of my motorcycle videos for shits and giggles and I noticed something in a video that I had no idea happened around me. Car disintegrates a piece of drywall going 60-70mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61fQSOEEiKQ

Sorry about the trippy effects, I think it was Youtubes auto stabilize bullshit.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

schreibs posted:

So I was going through a bunch of my motorcycle videos for shits and giggles and I noticed something in a video that I had no idea happened around me. Car disintegrates a piece of drywall going 60-70mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61fQSOEEiKQ

Sorry about the trippy effects, I think it was Youtubes auto stabilize bullshit.

270 is a dangerous road. Glad I don't have to ride it often. And glad it wasn't your face disintegrating that drywall.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrUZwyQZPH8

did anyone else absolutely laugh their rear end off at the side-spinny thing the batpod did in the last movie?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

An observer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrUZwyQZPH8

did anyone else absolutely laugh their rear end off at the side-spinny thing the batpod did in the last movie?

That thing is awesome. the movie batpod was retarded in the last one, the spinny thing in TDKR was jarring enough to me that i stopped paying attention in the cinema for a minute while i reflected on how stupid it was.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

There was video of this posted a couple pages back. He hits that deer and picks his bike up and rides on like it aint no thang.

Edit: Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TQMo7IU6-o

Looks like he was in some sort of rally race.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Nm, too depressing.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
For Euro-goons I'm sure this is common place, but I don't see many Bonneville (or anything beside a Harley or a Ninja) 'round these parts. Saw this gem outside my favorite bar:

I REALLY love Triumphs. I have an awkward hard-on for cafe bikes, but I would love to buy a new Triumph and keep the thing bone stock: they just look so good! When the time come I think it's going to boil down between a Bonnie or a Scrambler. Love those bikes. :3:

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Boru posted:

For Euro-goons I'm sure this is common place, but I don't see many Bonneville (or anything beside a Harley or a Ninja) 'round these parts. Saw this gem outside my favorite bar:

I REALLY love Triumphs. I have an awkward hard-on for cafe bikes, but I would love to buy a new Triumph and keep the thing bone stock: they just look so good! When the time come I think it's going to boil down between a Bonnie or a Scrambler. Love those bikes. :3:

Plenty of Triumphs around here (DC) infact I just got back from a british bike night where I was the odd man out.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

My friend's recently restored triumph Bonnieville.

And his late model Bonnie next to my less than 200 miles on the clock Street Triple R.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

HNasty posted:

Plenty of Triumphs around here (DC) infact I just got back from a british bike night where I was the odd man out.

pistons and pints, ofc you're going to be the odd man out.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I really love Bonnevilles and the way they look but after sitting on one was completely disappointed with how it felt. :(

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Frankston posted:

I really love Bonnevilles and the way they look but after sitting on one was completely disappointed with how it felt. :(

In what way?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Saga posted:

In what way?

The seating position felt really awkward and the bike itself rather cumbersome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HNasty posted:

Is this outside Red Palace?