Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still love it. You guys are meanies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

meatpimp posted:

Ah, AI hasn't had a callout in a while. Come on, whip out some epeens and see who is internet boss. :rolleyes: (don't go into regdates, Bojanglesworth, he's got you by a couple weeks)

Car still needs a grille.

Hahaha its all good. It has the custom grill surround in there now, just no actual mesh because I don't want to put lovely generic mesh in there after taking the time to have a custom surround made.

ash with a five posted:

It was a joke, bro. Just because everyone else was saying it needed raising :smith:

Oh, ok. We good!

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Bob NewSCART posted:

How much did those wheels set you back?

I don't even remember anymore. They are accurately priced for the quality.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

19" BLQs are about $300 each, unless you have an in like I did. :)

http://www.rotiform.com/products_cast_1piece_blq.htm

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I didn't realize they were that cheap. Nice.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

meatpimp posted:

Needs a grille.

This car is great This picture is great. Thank you sir.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

And now for something different. Terrible photos of a beat to poo poo car. All prepped for a weekend of shakedown sessions and a 2hr enduro. Car really needs a wash... But it'll just get dirty the next time I go off.

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

What have I done?
The Kia will remain. The Mazda will be the death of me.
With tech package.

Shiv
May 21, 2001

Ready for action

bidikyoopi posted:

Do you have any more pics, maybe in higher res? I love the look of wingless/scoopless blobeyes, this one is particularly gorgeous.

Thank you :) I have a few shots that I took after I washed it, but it's not the greatest camera and I had another car on my left that was in the way and too lazy to move. Enjoy!

Imgur gallery has more, plus the larger resolution pics http://somecar.imgur.com/all/

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

c355n4 posted:

And now for something different. Terrible photos of a beat to poo poo car. All prepped for a weekend of shakedown sessions and a 2hr enduro. Car really needs a wash... But it'll just get dirty the next time I go off.

But you see this owns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BiRD BoY posted:

What have I done?
With tech package.

Welcome to the fold!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

c355n4 posted:

Yes. The AIest Subaru. Have any action shots?

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

davebo posted:

Yes. The AIest Subaru. Have any action shots?

Realistically, the car is very boring specwise. No motor work. No crazy wide tires. No fancy bodywork/flares. So, it isn't very AI; more, Automotive Sanity.

Some old photos from last year. Hopefully, I can get some good ones this weekend and some video. Man, the car looked nicer last year...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Where/what is this? Some sort of amateur race where the track also rents out cars?

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Cage posted:

Where/what is this? Some sort of amateur race where the track also rents out cars?

Race competition school I attended at Lime Rock Park. Those are rental cars driven by students in the school. They're rented from a race shop.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

c355n4 posted:

Race competition school I attended at Lime Rock Park. Those are rental cars driven by students in the school. They're rented from a race shop.

Looks like Entropy racing's Sports racer cars.

They are super quick in the corner and comically slow on the straights.

At 32s in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTG579ORDqo&hd=1

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

I didn't realize they were that cheap. Nice.

Yeah, the cast ones are very reasonably priced. Once you get into three piece is when things get out of hand. Again though, unless you know one of the guys there.

boxedfox
Dec 29, 2011

Hey look, that's my POS in the background!

If you thought c355n4's car was beat to poo poo, you should see this thing in person. Unfortunately not very AI either. Except maybe for the fact that I drove it to work like this for a year. Which, I should mention was probably the single dumbest thing I've done in a long time.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy
Hi all, new to Automotive Insanity... Here are my cars (one's not the most current pic though, sadly)

Miata is currently not really much of anything. After spending almost two years putting it together, its a continuous source of stress. It did place well in CSP in the one autocross I've done with it.

R32 has 70k miles on it, and may well be the best sounding car I've been in.

Liquid_Table
Jun 9, 2010
Not a very exciting picture, but I figured I would add my new stable mate:

'01 Firebird T/A
Upgrades:
UMI Adjustable Panhard bar
Strano Springs
Koni SA up front, DA in rear.
Strano Swaybars front and rear
MTI Clear Air Lid
Magnaflow Exhaust
C4 wheels
Nitto NT01 tires

I bought it from an internet friend and had it shipped from Colorado. Car has 44K it. Only issues are a scuff on the passenger door and worn hatch struts.

It's been a serious upgrade in the excitement department compared to my A6.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Fimbulvetr posted:

Picked up this beauty:

I love it lots.
Only a square cm rusted area under the hood and a small dent on the left fender but with paint intact on.
The only downside seems to be that birds aim for red vehicles with their acidic poo poo.

I just came. Front shot please?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
e: nm

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Beautiful day today so I washed and gave it a quick polish.

Love this car, I can't see myself selling it ever.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Liquid_Table posted:

Not a very exciting picture, but I figured I would add my new stable mate:

'01 Firebird T/A
Upgrades:
UMI Adjustable Panhard bar
Strano Springs
Koni SA up front, DA in rear.
Strano Swaybars front and rear
MTI Clear Air Lid
Magnaflow Exhaust
C4 wheels
Nitto NT01 tires

I bought it from an internet friend and had it shipped from Colorado. Car has 44K it. Only issues are a scuff on the passenger door and worn hatch struts.

It's been a serious upgrade in the excitement department compared to my A6.

This looks more like a formula than a T/A to me. You sure you have a Trans Am?

Liquid_Table
Jun 9, 2010

_firehawk posted:

This looks more like a formula than a T/A to me. You sure you have a Trans Am?

Sorry it is a Formula. I don't know why, but it has TransAm Badges, no Formula badge to be found. :iiam:.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

silverbullitt850 posted:

Sheesh I absolutely love this car. How are you keeping the miles so low? Weekend warrior?

Fimbulvetr
Sep 3, 2007
Hardest metal known to man.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I just came. Front shot please?

These two are all I have at the moment, but I'm glad that you like the car.
I like what I've seen so far on your blog as well; I'll read it after work :).

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
OK, I gotta ask. I need some details on those big fuckoff lamps that every other swedish car I see here seems to run. I gather that it's to light up the forested back roads during the long, dark winter, and especially so any moose looming will be avoided, but why so big? Why not take them off in the summer? Doesn't it impact airflow to the radiator etc.?

siliciferous
Sep 29, 2003

One cannot fight that which has no basis in reality.

silverbullitt850 posted:

I heard one of these things drive by midway through college (~2006). It planted the seed, and now I will probably drive hot hatches for the rest of my life.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

BiRD BoY posted:

What have I done?
With tech package.

I got and thought the same thing last year. Love the car, hate paying for it, but it is so much fun to drive.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

bolind posted:

OK, I gotta ask. I need some details on those big fuckoff lamps that every other swedish car I see here seems to run. I gather that it's to light up the forested back roads during the long, dark winter, and especially so any moose looming will be avoided, but why so big? Why not take them off in the summer? Doesn't it impact airflow to the radiator etc.?

Big reflectors are for getting as large a coverage as possible, as far as I know.

The reason people don't remove them in the summer is that it still gets pretty darn dark at nighttime in the forests, but mostly because they look cool and people are lazy. Most of the airflow to the radiator in a modern car happens below the bumper, but I don't think airflow is impaired too much anyway.

Fimbulvetr
Sep 3, 2007
Hardest metal known to man.

bolind posted:

Pathetic as it may seem, I have no idea where to even turn the extra headlights on. No conventional button or combination of them turns them on and there is no after-market switch that I can see. I've checked the cables and the fuse and they're all intact. I agree with you though, that there are a lot of volvos with Bosch extra headlights up here so I like to think that they are included and not an option. I don't really need them in the city but if I were to visit the cabin inland I would. Heck, even going out to work on the sow I encounter foxes and moose-creatures regularly. I'm having service done this coming tuesday so I'll ask then how to work the headlights :downs:.

Gorillian Dollars
Jan 22, 2012

We are selling to willing buyers at the current fair market price, even if we know it has no value.
Quite possibly that this is the smallest "truck" in the thread:

Daihatsu Terios SX 4x4 built 1998, 1.3i 4-cylinder engine with a whopping 83HP.
100,240KM or 62286 Miles driven, fresh rear-tires, timing belt only has been used the past 20,000KM/12500M but was installed late 2004, that's the only minor concern about this car right now.
Corners are a hilarious experience with what i've heard from friends taking it for a spin, even the manual warns about that little detail.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

siliciferous posted:

I heard one of these things drive by midway through college (~2006). It planted the seed, and now I will probably drive hot hatches for the rest of my life.

Coming from my Sonic Blue S60R, it was a step down in comfort and performance (since I'm at altitude, where turbos rule). It's so efficient for a 3.2 V6 (~25 combined driving) and after doing the flapper mod, it is probably the best sounding car I'll ever own, unless I get rich and buy an F355.

But seriously though, 5 minutes and a screw, and the car has supposedly more HP and sounds incredible. Best OEM mod ever.

jink posted:

Sheesh I absolutely love this car. How are you keeping the miles so low? Weekend warrior?

Thanks! The other car in that post, that's how. Though, now it's basically a DD since the Miata is only on 3 cylinders I'm fairly sure. I want to keep them low so that I can sell it for a good chunk of cash eventually. Sadly I haven't kept it all that great- the bumper has a few good scratches from when I was hauling around the Miata's engine and a few bumps from being in a college parking lot.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

2008, 3.5 SE with the manual 6 speed. It's no super car but it's more than enough fun for me. Dealership had it listed strangely so we did really well on the price. It's fast enough to keep me happy and still just big enough to drag the kids along if I have to.

I haven't washed a car in over a decade, so the nice black paint has me scared. :ohdear: It's got two rock chips in the hood that are driving me nuts.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

mischief posted:

It's got two rock chips in the hood that are driving me nuts.

Learn to PlastiDip, or stop caring. There's no recovery from a black car beyond 'no more black cars' or 'repaint and sell quickly'. She looks nice, though!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

mischief posted:

2008, 3.5 SE with the manual 6 speed.

How hard are the newer Altimas to find with the manual? I had an '03 Altima for five years and it was a great car, but it was the 2.5/auto. I imagine with the 3.5/6-speed it'd be amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mischief posted:

2008, 3.5 SE with the manual 6 speed. It's no super car but it's more than enough fun for me. Dealership had it listed strangely so we did really well on the price. It's fast enough to keep me happy and still just big enough to drag the kids along if I have to.

I haven't washed a car in over a decade, so the nice black paint has me scared. :ohdear: It's got two rock chips in the hood that are driving me nuts.

This is a drat pretty car and I don't much care for the current Nissan styling. What's the HP?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

When we found that one there were 12 others for sale in the whole state in that configuration. I haven't seen another coupe with the 3.5 in it yet. The dealership had it listed as a 2.5/S with the cvt, and they didn't add in the options (leather, fancy pants stereo, heated seats). Dumb dealership, happy me.
It's a lot of fun for what it is and pretty quickly out drives my confidence and looks great doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I finally got the camera to work so here are some pics of the new look.

I have a matching lip and splitter, I just need to find some time to make them work. As for the wheels I know they suck for this car, but they were for my 89 supra and had new star specs on them when I sold and parted it out. I threw them on since the stock bbs had cording snow tires on them and my other 18's wouldn't clear the brembos.