Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Starker44 posted:

I'm looking for a graphic novel. Back in 1998 when I would go to the library (yes, people use to do this)I found this really awesome graphic novel. The story (from what I remember and spoiler alert)was about this guy(we will call him tom) who started to take notice about the world around him. He walked with a guy(has a biblical name)who was immortal and destined to walk barefoot for the rest of eternity. So tom would walk with guy and noticed things like; there are two worlds that coexist in our one. The day time is all business people on the street and night is all homeless people on the same street. Guy would take tom to different points in history and would tell him stuff. At some point Tom was face to face with himself and I believe he shot himself. I have another book in mind too but I'll save that one for later. It would be a much harder search since when I found it (again at the library) they didn't even have a record of owning it, but they still let me check it out. Thanks for your help.
If this isn't the very low key start of an ARG then I don't know what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Back in the early days of icantcolourin.co.uk, they had "The Rotation" uploaded with music in the background. For whatever reason, sometime between 2005 and 2009 it was re-uploaded with new music. I'd love to find the original version with the original music.

Starker44
May 14, 2012

Splicer posted:

No it is not an Alternate Reality Game. It is a graphic novel that reads sorta like Ghosts of Christmas past. Except that its just guy taking tom around to different points in time.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Starker44 posted:

I'm looking for a graphic novel. Back in 1998 when I would go to the library (yes, people use to do this)I found this really awesome graphic novel. The story (from what I remember and spoiler alert)was about this guy(we will call him tom) who started to take notice about the world around him. He walked with a guy(has a biblical name)who was immortal and destined to walk barefoot for the rest of eternity. So tom would walk with guy and noticed things like; there are two worlds that coexist in our one. The day time is all business people on the street and night is all homeless people on the same street. Guy would take tom to different points in history and would tell him stuff. At some point Tom was face to face with himself and I believe he shot himself. I have another book in mind too but I'll save that one for later. It would be a much harder search since when I found it (again at the library) they didn't even have a record of owning it, but they still let me check it out. Thanks for your help.

Uncle Sam?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm looking for this picture of a ridiculously pear shaped man. He's not old, or particularily fat, he just has a very robust female figure. If someone has it they will know immediately which one I'm talking about.

Starker44
May 14, 2012

Close but no cigar. Though that mini-series does seem interesting, it is however not a graphic novel.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Splicer posted:

I almost posted roughly this exact same thing, so thank you for also thinking that.

"Funny thing--the library has no record of the book existing, or of me ever having a library card."

"...In fact, the DMV has no record of me existing!"

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

FFStudios posted:

Back in the early days of icantcolourin.co.uk, they had "The Rotation" uploaded with music in the background. For whatever reason, sometime between 2005 and 2009 it was re-uploaded with new music. I'd love to find the original version with the original music.

The guy who did them has a website at https://felixmassie.co.uk, might be worth emailing him. I actually emailed him about the old music on one of the other shorts (The Pan, I think) a while back.

Starker44
May 14, 2012

Starker44 posted:

He walked with a guy(has a biblical name)who was immortal and destined to walk barefoot for the rest of eternity.

Some more clues that might help us, Wandering JewI believe was used as a reference for the character that the guy met and walked with.

Starker44 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 10, 2012

Caenum
Apr 25, 2003

Hoping someone can assist in finding a youtube music video of a guy playing a banjo.

What I know of the video:
1. Features a dude who is kinda tall and skinny, its just him playin the banjo and singing.

2. I remember it being very "brown" in tone, and perhaps there was an empty pool. Perhaps someones backyard?

3. It was posted in a thread that goons were posting videos in, but I cannot find the thread.

4. A goon may have produced, or directed, or had some part in the creation of the video. Unsure of the validity of this one.

I'm interested in purchasing the guy's cd (if he has one) but don't know his name at all, and only vaguely remember this video. :/

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Ever wanted a walkthrough to ultima 8: pagan? Here you go! http://www.pdragon.net/u8.php

Butta
Jul 11, 2006

Did someone say "chimichanga"? Never mind, that was just the sound of my skull and brains healing.
I'm after an article that is probably going to break my heart by not being half as funny as I remember it.

It was actually an article on SA, and I have searched and searched but can never find it - I'm sure my SA-fu is just really poor. It was around the time a shooting must have taken place in America, as well as some shark attacks. It was a guide on how to determine if you were being hunted by a sniper or a shark. I remember it had a line it about a really determined sniper swimming after you and biting you which just had me in stitches. Can't remember the author, it's years old, and I have no great expectations.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Sounds like it was about the DC snipers, which would put it around 2001/2002, really, really old.

Sihastru
May 17, 2007
How dare I write anything here ?
Can't find the video game skills thread, on SA. Specifically a video from some Metal Gear game where I honestly have no idea what's going on because I haven't played any of them.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
Does anyone know where I can find the Space artbook that goons did awhile back? I remember wanting to use one of those pictures for a tattoo and I want to get in contact with the original artist/have a reference image.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

psy_wombats posted:

A bit of google and it turns out these were part of Scholastic's Microzine series. The chemicals one is "Mission: Mix up!" Not sure what the legal status of those old floppies would be.

Ahhhh, what an excellent flashback. That game was the tits.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
I remember reading a story about a hotel worker who went into the room of a long-term resident who it turned out had been making GBS threads in buckets and also converted his bed into a weird dildo bucking bronco thing.

Googling "Hotel worker dildo bed" gives some obvious buy unrelated results.

Anyone know of it?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Experto Crede posted:

I remember reading a story about a hotel worker who went into the room of a long-term resident who it turned out had been making GBS threads in buckets and also converted his bed into a weird dildo bucking bronco thing.

Googling "Hotel worker dildo bed" gives some obvious buy unrelated results.

Anyone know of it?
JoeyVapes: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3403908

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
I'm looking for an artist. His website contained a large gallery of his works, which were all small paintings arranged into categories.

His paintings were these very weird and surreal parodies of Americana. I recall one had a bunch of pigs riding on a clown-themed roller coaster. Pigs, clowns, and the Pope all showed up with some regularity. (I think they even had their own categories.) It was all very violent and creepy, with a very colorful, sort of contoured style, which made everything seem rounded.

I believe he was originally posted in the very first, legendary "unsettling images" thread.

DM Zero
Dec 8, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Looking for two things:

I'm looking for a video that I haven't seen in years. It is either a video or a YTMND (could be either or, unfortunately), I think maybe the main guitar riff from Du Hast is playing in the background, and at one point, it shows a scene from American Psycho with Patrick Bateman and the hookers, where he points off to one side while posing in the mirror. I believe there is also a lot of random color changing.

Second thing is a video I think that was produced on SA regarding a news report about a bear that was tranquilized out of a tree into a trampoline. The main thing I remember is that the video ends with big letters on the screen that says "THIS BEAR IS DEAD".

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm trying to find a clip from the Bill Cosby show, or SOMETHING. Basically the setup is this young black kid is chowing down on a hamburger, and an older woman is telling him "Eat your burger baby, 'fore it gets COLD!" I think it had something to do with McDonalds?

It's a weird request I know. Maybe I just imagined it almost two decades ago.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm trying to find a clip from the Bill Cosby show, or SOMETHING. Basically the setup is this young black kid is chowing down on a hamburger, and an older woman is telling him "Eat your burger baby, 'fore it gets COLD!" I think it had something to do with McDonalds?

It's a weird request I know. Maybe I just imagined it almost two decades ago.

All I can think of, which doesn't quite match up with what you posted, is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ToAgia1EMA

Latroc
Mar 22, 2004
Repent!

DM Zero posted:

Second thing is a video I think that was produced on SA regarding a news report about a bear that was tranquilized out of a tree into a trampoline. The main thing I remember is that the video ends with big letters on the screen that says "THIS BEAR IS DEAD".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiyChIa0gts

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
A few years ago I found this homemade Legend of Zelda fanmovie on youtube. It was made by a bunch of 8-year old kids in their backyard and was obviously pretty poorly done but I remember being impressed they actually made a 90-minute movie. It was split up into 9 10-minute chunks and I think it might've just been titled "The Legend of Zelda", making it impossible to google. The only part I remember was Ganondorf yelling at his minions for playing Halo instead of finding Link. Can anyone help me?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This is driving me nuts, because I remember 95% of the article, but can't google the right combo of words in order to find it:

A semi-long time ago, there was an article in The Onion that poked fun at the fact that kitchen staffs inevitably hook up with each other. The title of it was something like "Kitchen staff bored of hooking up with each other". Problem is, I can't find it online.

Help me, my google-fu has failed.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

MisterBibs posted:

This is driving me nuts, because I remember 95% of the article, but can't google the right combo of words in order to find it:

A semi-long time ago, there was an article in The Onion that poked fun at the fact that kitchen staffs inevitably hook up with each other. The title of it was something like "Kitchen staff bored of hooking up with each other". Problem is, I can't find it online.

Help me, my google-fu has failed.

Google: staff each other site:theonion.com

http://www.theonion.com/articles/waitstaff-tired-of-sleeping-with-each-other,1749/

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Alright, google and my own memory have failed me here, so I'm turning to you guys.

A long time ago, there was some educational show that had a bit where a guy named "Farmer John/Jon" would have a set number of apples, then take a few away as a simple math problem. What made it stick in my memory is that for some reason, Farmer John had a dog's head. I don't know what show it was, and it's been bugging the crap out of me.

Blarghalt fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 24, 2012

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Back when (Tobey Mcguire) Spiderman came out Best Buy had a commecial of this overexcited black guy talking to Spiderman then fading to reality where he and his wife were shopping at Best Buy. What cracked me up was the lines he was saying. "Hey! What you doing Spiderman?! Alright, getting the girl, saving the day. Oooh!" The original commercial is easily found on youtube.

Anyways the video made the rounds here on SA and someone posted a remix featuring all those goofy lines. I'm pretty sure it was just music, not a video. I dont know why I thought about it after all these years but now that I have I think it'd make a great ringtone.

Can someone please help?

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Looking for a picture of a guy laying down who took a picture of himself with a flatscreen sitting on his lap. He's watching anime and the angle is such that it looks like he's loving some cat ear girl or something.

Nashvillain
Jan 29, 2009

B.F. SKINNER GIVE ME STRENGTH

Blackchamber posted:

Back when (Tobey Mcguire) Spiderman came out Best Buy had a commecial of this overexcited black guy talking to Spiderman then fading to reality where he and his wife were shopping at Best Buy. What cracked me up was the lines he was saying. "Hey! What you doing Spiderman?! Alright, getting the girl, saving the day. Oooh!" The original commercial is easily found on youtube.

Anyways the video made the rounds here on SA and someone posted a remix featuring all those goofy lines. I'm pretty sure it was just music, not a video. I dont know why I thought about it after all these years but now that I have I think it'd make a great ringtone.

Can someone please help?

Perhaps this zoomzip remix? http://tindeck.com/listen/4fpsi

wallawallawingwang
Mar 8, 2007
I'm looking for a website that let people ask questions, and receive answers from an odd ball assortment of characters. People like Ayn Rand, Clippy and Parappa the Rapper. This would have been around in the early 00s.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Blarghalt posted:

Alright, google and my own memory have failed me here, so I'm turning to you guys.

A long time ago, there was some educational show that had a bit where a guy named "Farmer John/Jon" would have a set number of apples, then take a few away as a simple math problem. What made it stick in my memory is that for some reason, Farmer John had a dog's head. I don't know what show it was, and it's been bugging the crap out of me.

There were a couple segments like this on Sesame Street in the late 80's/early 90's, based on the photography of William Wegman. I couldn't find the specific skit you're talking about but here are some similar ones (the first being what your post reminded me of the most):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxVWdtj0BOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgQNx_aRZgk

Veinless
Sep 11, 2008

Smells like motivation
Here's my own Sesame Street video clip request.

I believe it is Canadian Sesame Street only. It is a clip of a factory with choir singing 'Peeee-ro-gieeeeeees" over and over. I'd love to find this.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Thats it! Truely amazing. Thanks, although once I make it into my ringtone Im sure there are people who will curse you for finding it for me.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
I have been looking for an old video posted on the late ifilms site called "my first sex tape". It is an amateur-like film that features a couple trying to make a sex tape, but then they get into this argument that culminates into the girlfriend admitting she slept with the guy's brother. There's even a brief part when she squeezes his belly button and goes "dick dick... dickdickdickdickdick".

This was circa summer 2002.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
There was a website around 2005 or 2006 that posted ghost stories or scary stories. Each update, there'd be a new post in the list called "Scary Story Gallery #XXX" or whatever number was there. The url was something like "savedro" or something strange like that. If I could find it again, that would be perfect.

I seem to remember that the homepage for the site had categories other than ghost stories too.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

FFStudios posted:

There was a website around 2005 or 2006 that posted ghost stories or scary stories. Each update, there'd be a new post in the list called "Scary Story Gallery #XXX" or whatever number was there. The url was something like "savedro" or something strange like that. If I could find it again, that would be perfect.

I seem to remember that the homepage for the site had categories other than ghost stories too.

You might try asking here.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

Back in the day when Atom films was a big site it featured two videos I am trying to find. The first features a young woman playing with a puzzle, and she finds herself confronted with something outside her home when she finishes it, while the other involved a guy alone in his home and there are stange goings on outside. Vague I know but I can't remember much else.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Opera Bitch posted:

Back in the day when Atom films was a big site it featured two videos I am trying to find. The first features a young woman playing with a puzzle, and she finds herself confronted with something outside her home when she finishes it, while the other involved a guy alone in his home and there are stange goings on outside. Vague I know but I can't remember much else.

For the first, here's one version of that story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2lXsNDxLyM&feature=related

I know there's been at least one other, if not more, adaptations of it if that's not it, I think one was from The Outer Limits or some other serial show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farnk
Apr 7, 2003
I'm looking for a list I saw a long time ago about what rape is.

It seemed like it was written by an angry woman because it had like 50 different definitions of rape, things like "if you've been drinking (you or her) then it's rape" and "if you have to ask for sex more than once then its rape." and so on and so forth.

Tried looking for it but all I got was list of best movies with rape scenes in them and other stuff.

• Locked thread