Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eh. I love my /Regen characters, and I'll be buying Nature on both of my accounts Tuesday. Gonna make a Water/Nature Corruptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Tommy 2.0 posted:

FA still holds the crown for AOE, and I hope that doesn't change (for whatever reason I feel like this...can't explain it)

It's because you don't want to have to dedicate a new character to AE farming duh.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Bakalakadaka posted:

It's because you don't want to have to dedicate a new character to AE farming duh.
This reminds me of when I ran into some guy named xxFamrzxx or along those lines. SS/Fire. Was lv 20 something with no set bonuses along with the rest of the 20-30s team... And he didn't know Jack, or poo poo, about any loving thing.

We're fighting Arachnos crab spiders and tarantula widows "What are these things?" At first I wrote it off that as what someone who had never left the AE would think... But that would be for missing Low Level content and enemies, not higher level ones. He was clueless about almost everything that came up (but apparently had and knew what an Ouro portal was).

He also acted like our Radio missions were actual farms, just staying by the entrance. Or coming along to a fight, throwing Hurl Boulder a few times, then staying in place hoping nobody noticed he didn't continue on to the rest of the map. "I'm Lost!" he'd say after. In a small Office map with one hallway leading to the only elevator. So I started recall friending him next to bosses for fun.

We eventually just kicked him after the fifth time he asked if somebody had a level 50 farmer.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Me and BMU joined a UG and succeeded in making a few of the butt buddies of the leader really mad. Also they were PVPers.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Those dudes were hilarious. One told me to "STAY OUT OF RV UR NOT ALLOWED" hahahhahahahah.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

You're on PVP notice, you nasty man. Stalker hitsquad gonna get you the moment you show your face in that acclaimed zone of true gentlemen.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

ur ded in i4

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Section Z posted:

This reminds me of when I ran into some guy named xxFamrzxx or along those lines. SS/Fire. Was lv 20 something with no set bonuses along with the rest of the 20-30s team... And he didn't know Jack, or poo poo, about any loving thing.

We're fighting Arachnos crab spiders and tarantula widows "What are these things?" At first I wrote it off that as what someone who had never left the AE would think... But that would be for missing Low Level content and enemies, not higher level ones. He was clueless about almost everything that came up (but apparently had and knew what an Ouro portal was).

He also acted like our Radio missions were actual farms, just staying by the entrance. Or coming along to a fight, throwing Hurl Boulder a few times, then staying in place hoping nobody noticed he didn't continue on to the rest of the map. "I'm Lost!" he'd say after. In a small Office map with one hallway leading to the only elevator. So I started recall friending him next to bosses for fun.

We eventually just kicked him after the fifth time he asked if somebody had a level 50 farmer.

I guess 'farm' is what all the cool kids are saying.

I know each game develops its own lingo but that term gets way overused. Back in the day:corsair:, farmers were people that charged real money for in game results. They would also occupy hot spots and no one else was allowed. General population that were trying to reach end game as quick as possible were power levelers and doing something repeatedly for in-game money and gear was grinding. I don't really consider paying a fire brute some in-game influence to run a map for you is much of a farm.

I don't think it's bad on Virtue but over on Freedom they call everything a farm. "any1 up2farm radio mish?" "any dfb or other free farm??" And there's a tremendous amount of newbs like that guy you're talking about. They even name their poo poo supergroups Freedom Farm Society. Any generic supergroup will throw 'regular task force and farms. we're RP friendly' in their description to try and appeal to more players.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Slung Blade posted:

Those dudes were hilarious. One told me to "STAY OUT OF RV UR NOT ALLOWED" hahahhahahahah.

Do me a favor? If you see him on again, go to RV and taunt him into a 1v1 at City Hall. Make sure you give us enough time to get there first. :getin:

Subvert
Feb 18, 2012
Just started messing around with a staff/regen stalker. Thoughts? Am I going to end up hating this build?

Subvert fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Aug 16, 2012

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Subvert posted:

Just started messing around with a staff/regen stalker. Thoughts? Am I going to end up hating this build?

Staff is decent on a stalker. I personally like it better on them than on other melee.

You will hate Regen though, yes.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
For more fun and less pain, reroll it as a Staff/WP. Or Electric. Or anything that isn't Regen.

Also fun times in Pocket D as ROCK CANDY MAN, got called a troll just for showing up, got one guy to say I should be killed OOC, an made Zero Hikaru look like a huge idiot. Then I ran around shouting about candy and throwing inspirations at people. Good times.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

acronyms: a short story by thomas two point zero

:love:

Subvert
Feb 18, 2012

Cuchulain posted:

For more fun and less pain, reroll it as a Staff/WP. Or Electric. Or anything that isn't Regen.

Also fun times in Pocket D as ROCK CANDY MAN, got called a troll just for showing up, got one guy to say I should be killed OOC, an made Zero Hikaru look like a huge idiot. Then I ran around shouting about candy and throwing inspirations at people. Good times.

Well drat. I had even thought about WP at first. Regen seemed like it would be nice with a bit of defense and healing. Ah well.

And we need an old-man group to walk around Pocket D to tell all the youngsters how lude their behavior is and to "get a dag-blasted room, for crying out lout!"

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Subvert posted:

Well drat. I had even thought about WP at first. Regen seemed like it would be nice with a bit of defense and healing. Ah well.

And we need an old-man group to walk around Pocket D to tell all the youngsters how lude their behavior is and to "get a dag-blasted room, for crying out lout!"

You haven't met big metal unit??

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Subvert posted:

Energy Aura is also pretty nice to go with Staff, since it has a +Recharge toggle, you can use the -End Cost or +Damage Forms more readily.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Concurred posted:

Me and BMU joined a UG and succeeded in making a few of the butt buddies of the leader really mad. Also they were PVPers.

Wait, that looks sexy. How in blazes do you get different colours for peoples' usernames setup?

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Hunter Noventa posted:

Energy Aura is also pretty nice to go with Staff, since it has a +Recharge toggle, you can use the -End Cost or +Damage Forms more readily.

Thought stalker could only use +damage form of staff fighting

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dinictus posted:

Wait, that looks sexy. How in blazes do you get different colours for peoples' usernames setup?

It's under chat options, I think

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Hi posted:

Thought stalker could only use +damage form of staff fighting

On a stalker yeah. Missed that bit. Still, the +Recharge is never a bad thing.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Dinictus posted:

Options -> Windows -> Chat -> Enable Individual Name Colors. It's super useful and really should be on by default.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Here's the new log in screen that showed up on Beta with yesterday's patch.

Also on Beta is the new T9 VIP Tech Knight costume parts.

The Tech Knight stuff isn't finished yet, as there are no textures for the Quiver or two Back Packs, and the only weapon in is the Bow. The other weapon options are Mace, Staff Variants, and Shield.

I find it odd that a Knight set has no Swords...

Also, the Bow is friggin' HUGE and clips like there's no tomorrow.

Personally, I'm not fond of the set, and will probably do the same as I did for Mech Armor, and only buy the weapons part.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Marauder... happy!?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Bakalakadaka posted:

Marauder... happy!?

Or a rapist.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Bakalakadaka posted:

Marauder... happy!?
Which storyline is cannon, the one where his traitor rebel girlfriend is dead or not? (No, he didn't kill her. Unless that was in another loyalty branch).

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I was just wondering about that as well. I admit I'm kind of curious to see which Praetorians are alive and what they do with them.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

There's so much rage on the forums about Marauder's face.it's a freaking loading screen.

Also rage about the only 'normal' quiver being T9 only.

Tech knight looks pretty good. I'd probably get mroe mileage out of it than most of the Fire and ice set, which is good because I'll probably only get the Fire and Ice weapons before it's shuffled away.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
All of those faces look just... wrong to me, somehow. How are they so good at doing that?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
So what's with Half-Life's G-Man cosplaying as Grand Moff Tarkin?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Mind over Matter posted:

And if we butt with a Buttbot...what's butt? A penisbot? Butt a vagoogebot? We may as butt just butt Tommy as a butt of the butt Phalanx and be butt with it.

Buttbot filter added.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kheldarn posted:

Here's the new log in screen that showed up on Beta with yesterday's patch.

These faces are worse than the Penelope Yin face. The Center is the only one that looks any good.

Edit: The Center being the guy in the center, of course. I dunno how many people know what he looks like, since he only appeared in the hardest arc to get to, redside. It's interesting, I don't remember anyone saying anything about the Council in I24 thus far.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 17, 2012

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
Somebody punched pendragon's right cheek all the way into his left one.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
All this talk about the login screen image. Give me back my crazy zappy noise when I log in with a character damnit!

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

Cleretic posted:

Edit: The Center being the guy in the center, of course. I dunno how many people know what he looks like, since he only appeared in the hardest arc to get to, redside. It's interesting, I don't remember anyone saying anything about the Council in I24 thus far.
That reminds me, I've got Viridian unlocked. We should run it at max settings some time.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

As long as we stealth to Tub Ci then drag him out through the entire PPD, I am so game.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Section Z posted:

All this talk about the login screen image. Give me back my crazy zappy noise when I log in with a character damnit!

I forgot about this noise and suddenly I really, really miss the old login and character select/creation interface. :sigh:

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

Bieeardo posted:

So what's with Half-Life's G-Man cosplaying as Grand Moff Tarkin?
This was my first thought. It's bizarre. Looks like a/the nemesis guy maybe. Praetorian Nemesis?

Tsurupettan posted:

I forgot about this noise and suddenly I really, really miss the old login and character select/creation interface. :sigh:
I am amazed at how much little crappy SFX really improve a game - I agree I miss that sound in particular. I was disappointed there was no little "beep" sound when you typed things in StarCraft 2 as another example. Probably one of the most important Brood War features that was left out.

Edit: Since Freedom launched it's been nothing but terrible splash screens. Really want a "Classic" login option. Is the classic music still on our computers somewhere? I haven't actually had music enabled for a long time, but I'm thinking they updated it for Freedom, wasn't quite as awesome as the original.

Tom Powers fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Aug 17, 2012

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tom Powers posted:

This was my first thought. It's bizarre. Looks like a/the nemesis guy maybe. Praetorian Nemesis?

Again, it's the Center, head of the Council. Which si interesting, the Council is never of any interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Team-up between the Council and the surviving Praetorians, maybe? That earlier screenshot of bits of tumbling Praetoria against a black background makes me wonder if they're merging the two dimensions and (temporarily) buggering around with the timeline.

• Locked thread