Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Good to see you back, SA. Just adding my voice to those who're happy to see this alive again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
Same here. Great to see you and the thread up and running around again!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

GruntyThrst posted:

Oh jesus talk about a blast from the past. I remember this thread! Is that one guy still hiding horrible images behind emotes?

edit: I last posted in this thread almost four years ago. gently caress.
No, he stopped hiding things behind-
Well then.

Any news on fixing the missing images in earlier updates, Spirit Armor?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

TheGreenAvenger posted:

Whoa I clicked on this link without fully realizing what's happened.
Hah! I must have clicked on the "read latest" links on the entire page, and seeing the Ensign's baffled face came as a welcome surprise.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Truly this is a glorious day, as we, the faithful, gather once again to hearken unto the tales of the Hapless One.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Good to have you back. :allears:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Holy loving poo poo, it's alive! ALIVE! After it got shut down last time, I was so sure it was dead. But now it's back! It's a Christmas miracle!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I always knew Wednesday is a lucky day! Now to bask again in this nostalgic suffering of Ogami.

Edit: Just tried to google image with "Sakura Wars Ogami Suffer" and half the list are from this lp. :allears:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
It's the LP that will not die! Good to have it back.

I don't remember Sakura being quite so... direct before, but it's been a while so my memory is probably at fault.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 15, 2012

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Today is a good day to LP.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Good to have you back! This L.P. inspired me to watch the old anime show and OAVs and I'd love to see his this ends!

AmadeusVonBlastoise
Jul 4, 2008

AMADEUS AMADEUS
~DO~DO~
~DO~DO~
And now I live in fear of what hides behind emoticons once more. Glad to have you back.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Welcome back spirit armor. Great update as always specially the end

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

loving incredible. And with an indication of future updates. Absolute madness.

It's a good thing SA's going to hit some recap, because gently caress if I'm going to go back through eight zillion pages to try and catch up.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

The Mayans were right! Long dead threads rise from their graves to feast on the living! The end is nigh!

Welcome back, Spirit Armor. Good to have ya'.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This thread still lives.

How can this be possible?

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
A couple of name changes ago i signed up to something awful to read this LP.

Here's hoping not just for the finish. But the potential start of Sakura wars sequel Lps!

PantsTheReaper
Aug 17, 2010
Oh, yes. Thank you Spirit Armor, I've missed you so. And the Goddess lives AGAIN!!! :catholic:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
... man, I was expecting cries of "YOUR THREAD IS OLD, WHY YOU NO UPDATE," and instead, I got a drat fine welcome back from all of you blasts from the past. Thanks, guys; you really are too good to me. :unsmith:

ANYWAY, I've mostly resolved the stuff that's been eating up my time over these past two or three years (school, tests, Windows 7 hating Gamebridge...). Gonna alternate between updates and re-linking pictures in this LP, since holy poo poo most of it has become unreadable. Re-linking VIDEOS (from the now-defunct GameVee to YouTube) will come a little later, since my backups are in another castle right now.

In other words, it is finally happening.

GruntyThrst posted:

edit: I last posted in this thread almost four years ago. gently caress.

Hey, I still remember when people were joking about how this LP was going to take SOOOO LOOOOONG that it would finish in 2009! Isn't that a hoot!?

... gently caress. :suicide:

Canuck-Errant posted:

THAT PICTURE

4-5 years later and I still have absolutely no clue where you're even finding half of these images.

Never change.

GetWellGamers posted:

See y'all in 2013!

DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I don't remember Sakura being quite so... direct before, but it's been a while so my memory is probably at fault.

Mine too, probably, but she DID see her commanding officer get shot dead 8+ months ago recently. And a thing like THAT would probably knock a few screws loose in Sakura's head, insofar that there are any screws left up there.

Dias posted:

The only thing keeping this alive is Iris' eldritch powers, isn't it?

Yeah, basically. :v:

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 16, 2012

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

zerosix posted:

A couple of name changes ago i signed up to something awful to read this LP.

Here's hoping not just for the finish. But the potential start of Sakura wars sequel Lps!

We were joking that he'd still be doing the fourth or fifth game by 2025 but damnit that might actually happen :stare:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Holy poo poo. :stare:

I remember reading this LP almost 3 years ago, long before I was even a goon. Seeing it updated is like watching the Titanic being raised from the bottom of the sea, fully functional, crew and all.

And it's great! :dance:

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Man, it's good to see this LP back.

I take it that it'll be updating more frequently because SA finished law school? Because that would be super-awesome.

Has anyone else noticed that everybody seems to be image-linking in the emoticons?

Does SA just keep a small backlog of these updates on his computer just for when this thread is about to be booted off of the active forums?

Schir fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 16, 2012

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

We just might see this LP completed. Welcome back, Spirit Armor!

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
When I saw this I thought it was another post of someone asking if it was still alive, then I remember it was closed by a mod and I got my hopes up and to behold a update. First the Cubs win then the US national men soccer team finally got their first win in mexico in 75 years and now this. This has been a very good day, good to have you back SA.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 16, 2012

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I cannot believe this thread has avoided archiving. I'm pretty sure you've posted a grand total of two updates in a calendar year.

Welcome back! I hope you're back for good this time!

I like that you haven't posted on any other thread in SA for years and years.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Spirit Armor posted:

4-5 years later and I still have absolutely no clue where you're even finding half of these images.

Man, you don't even wanna know.

Schir posted:

Has anyone else noticed that everybody seems to be image-linking in the emoticons?

That's ridiculous, and I refuse to allow such slanderous accusations upon my behaviour to go unchallenged :colbert:

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 16, 2012

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Canuck-Errant, I might be thinking of someone else and I don't want to reread the thread to check, but, if I remember correctly, over the time this thread has been around you have been into and out of the military.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
... faith manages.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

:colbert: I still say you guys should have voted Sumire...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
My my my. Welcome back. And good luck getting this all in order for archiving. Kind of weird how most of the video options when you started this off have just gone gently into that good night, isn't it?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

Canuck-Errant, I might be thinking of someone else and I don't want to reread the thread to check, but, if I remember correctly, over the time this thread has been around you have been into and out of the military.

Nope, I'm still in the Reserves, and have been since the end of '09.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I've been reading this thread since before I joined the navy in 07, and I got out eight months ago.

This LP is longer than my enlistment :psyduck:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

ManSedan posted:

I've been reading this thread since before I joined the navy in 07, and I got out eight months ago.

This LP is longer than my enlistment :psyduck:

I almost finished a college degree!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Holy crap, this thread still lives?! I've missed our crew of dangerously unbalanced mecha pilot girls and their hapless loser of a harem owner.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Just think, Spirit Armor: If you ever actually finish this bastard, and get all the images wrestled into place one last time, the whole thing goes into the LP Archive and you never have to look at it ever again! :D

Unless you want to. Cause God knows I'll read it again, start to finish, and it'll probably be one of my perennial "how many months has it been? let's read it again" LPs.

E: vvv But that's a completely different game! I mean he'll never have to worry about asset upkeep - re-upping videos, finding out where the images disappeared to this time, etc. At least, for THIS LP. The next one, as you say, is its own beast.

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 17, 2012

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Raitzeno posted:

Just think, Spirit Armor: If you ever actually finish this bastard, and get all the images wrestled into place one last time, the whole thing goes into the LP Archive and you never have to look at it ever again! :D

Unless you want to. Cause God knows I'll read it again, start to finish, and it'll probably be one of my perennial "how many months has it been? let's read it again" LPs.

Raitzeno: until he does Sakura Wars II. 2013-2018.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I was a freshman in college when I started reading this thread.

I have my degree and a job using said degree now.

Hell, I even beat the only Sakura Wars game to come to America....a year ago-ish now i think was it? That was alright, but it seems like this first game is better.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
Whoop, delaying the update by a day or two, I'm diverging from the script more than usual. It'll be an update followed by a bonus post which contains some stuff that I just realized is WAY too big to leave in as it is.

Schir posted:

Does SA just keep a small backlog of these updates on his computer just for when this thread is about to be booted off of the active forums?

More like a bare bones skeleton of the next update and a frenzied three hour marathon to get it finished before the thread goes completely inactive, yes.

Patter Song posted:

I like that you haven't posted on any other thread in SA for years and years.

... there are other threads? :stonk:

Glazius posted:

Kind of weird how most of the video options when you started this off have just gone gently into that good night, isn't it?

Seriously. Hell, by the time I finish Sakura Wars V, we'll probably all have cybernetic implants that directly wire our brains to the Internet and invalidate all video options up 'til now.

Raitenzo posted:

Just think, Spirit Armor: If you ever actually finish this bastard, and get all the images wrestled into place one last time, the whole thing goes into the LP Archive and you never have to look at it ever again!

True, though I wouldn't be sure whether to celebrate, cry, or get completely smashed.

... I'll probably just move on to Sakura Wars 2. :froggonk:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Spirit Armor posted:

True, though I wouldn't be sure whether to celebrate, cry, or get completely smashed.

That'd be completely smashed then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009

Spirit Armor posted:

I'll look forward to waiting with my grandkids for the glorious day SA finishes Sakura Wars 2

• Locked thread