Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

narujoe
Feb 16, 2012
Hopefully I don't get flak for shamelessly promoting this band

http://anothermarcus.bandcamp.com/

This is their first ep and I have to say it is pretty loving impressive for a first release. Give it a listen! Also, it's all free to download if you want it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls
Just know you did it all except lift weights
Wow, overwhelming amount of suggestions. Thanks so much folks. I'll get listening.

I'm not sure where they fall (melodic hardcore, pop-punk?) but I've been listening to Daggermouth like crazy lately. I was into a few tracks way back when but now that I'm listening to more I'm really digging it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Quick reminder that everyone should listen to Banner Pilot. The remix/master of Resignation Day is one of my favorite punk albums.

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)

Dickeye posted:

Quick reminder that everyone should listen to Banner Pilot. The remix/master of Resignation Day is one of my favorite punk albums.

Corey is the best. They should stop singing about drinking all the time though because they never drink at all. They'll have like 2 bud light limes.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheBlackMallard posted:

Corey is the best. They should stop singing about drinking all the time though because they never drink at all. They'll have like 2 bud light limes.

Nate's a pretty cool guy too. I'm still fake-mad that they called off the second half of their tour with the Queers last summer, because they did it like two weeks before they played in Syracuse and it was the first time I've ever seen them come here.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
New Cut Teeth, Televandalism, is very enjoyable! Just an FYI.

They remind me of a slightly more aggressive sounding version of Life at These Speeds for some reason.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 3, 2012

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Are there any Drive Like Jehu fans in here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPkQJRUOcXM

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So the Misfits are playing the Heirloom Arts Theatre in Danbury, Connecticut next Friday which is flat out bizarre for a few reasons. One being that Toads Place is usually where I would expect them to play (or the Webster up in Hartford). Two, Heirloom Arts is tiny as poo poo and an absolute hole (though admittedly a much better place to view a show since they lowered the ceilings). Also, they don't even appear to be touring that I can see. It just seems that they're playing a few random one off shows before their tour in October.

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Are there any Drive Like Jehu fans in here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPkQJRUOcXM

I've always been of the mindset that if you were to ask a stranger what the greatest song ever written was, and he doesn't immediately reply "Here Come The Rome Plows", you should swiftly punch his nose. There are also countless other songs that fit this hypothetical situation, and even more noses that should be punched.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
I am completely out of touch with the whole skramz thing. I even went to CMAR and only really knew La Quiete, Loma, Graf Orlock and Battle of Wolf. I also don't quite like the direction the genre is going, in fact the only new thing I've found that I really liked is Republic of Dreams. Are there any other new screamo bands that invoke that Louise Cyphre emoviolence feel that I'm missing?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The new Gifts from Enola track is killer. http://www.giftsfromenola.com/

AbrahamBurgers
Aug 30, 2007

It's like people only do things because they get paid

NeilPerry posted:

I am completely out of touch with the whole skramz thing. I even went to CMAR and only really knew La Quiete, Loma, Graf Orlock and Battle of Wolf. I also don't quite like the direction the genre is going, in fact the only new thing I've found that I really liked is Republic of Dreams. Are there any other new screamo bands that invoke that Louise Cyphre emoviolence feel that I'm missing?

I'd check out Beau Naivre. http://beaunavire.bandcamp.com/album/lumens

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
This thing is out now:

http://tapesofaneongod.com/tagged/11

And I'll have copies of the Japanese Women/Kamikaze Pilots split in about a week and a half.
http://tapesofaneongod.com/tagged/3

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Propagandhi has released another track from their upcoming record, Failed States. Track is called, Duplicate Keys Icaro (An Interim Report). Go here: http://lambgoat.com/features/37/Propagandhi-Duplicate-Keys-Icaro-An-Interim-Report-song-premiere

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
For old melodic punk I like Demolition 23.

We're talking about them in the Soringsteen thread, but Titus Andronicus have a new album coming out in October:

quote:

Dear friends, this is just to say that October 23rd will see the release of the third Titus Andronicus album titled Local Business. A nationwide US tour will follow the albums release, dates TBA.

While the first two albums were elaborate concoctions, Local Business is of the earth. Titus Andronicus the studious recording project and Titus Andronicus the raucous touring machine are no longer two distinct beings; there is only Titus Andronicus, rock and roll band. This is to say, it was recorded primarily live with precious few overdubs, with an elite squad of musicians.

The lineup is: Patrick Stickles (singer/songwriter/guitarist), Eric Harm (drums), Julian Veronesi (bass), Liam Betson (guitar) and Adam Reich (guitar). The album was recorded in New Paltz, New York's Marcata Recording with producer/engineer/mastermind Kevin McMahon. They recorded it in April and May of 2012 along with some special guests including longtime Titus session keyboardist Elio DeLuca, universally acclaimed violinist Owen Pallett, and Eric Harm's father Steven on
harmonica. This tight-knit group is just one of the meanings behind the phrase "Local
Business".

While abandoning the linear narrative of their last album The Monitor, the songs on Local Business aim to make explicit the implications of the first two LPs, that the inherent meaninglessness of life in an absurd universe gives the individual power to create their own values and their own morality. Along the way, we witness a devastating automobile wreck, a food fight (that is to say, a battle with an eating disorder), an electrocution, a descent into insanity, and ultimately, a forgiveness of the self for its many faults. Titus Andronicus even finds time to broaden its emotional palette to include
moments of pure positivity, brief respites from the usual doom and gloom.

In case you are interested, here is the track listing.

1. Ecce Homo
2. Still Life With Hot Deuce And Silver Platter
3. Upon Viewing Oregon's Landscape With The Flood Of Detritus
4. Food Fight!
5. My Eating Disorder
6. Titus Andronicus VS. The Absurd Universe (3rd Round KO)
7. In A Big City
8. In A Small Body
9. (I Am The) Electric Man
10. Tried To Quit Smoking

Here's a neat article on their prophetic influences: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2012/08/the-furious-prophecy-of-titus-andronicus.html

Anyone in Australia going to Soundwave? I want to see Lawrence Arms and Lucero, but I'm holding out for a sideshow. Touché Amore just announced a tour with Make Do & Mend, which should be fun.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Count Chocula posted:

Touché Amore just announced a tour with Make Do & Mend, which should be fun.

My cat just tore a loving hole in my Touche shirt, I am livid.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Titus Andronicus having a new album in like 3 months makes me happy.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Any goons at this is hardcore? How was it?

PunkAssBookJockey
Mar 25, 2007

Does anyone know where to get some Pussy Riot? I wanted to buy some to help support them.

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys
I don't think Pussy Riot has any recordings other than what you can find on Youtube. I've found a couple websites selling shirts that claim the profits are going to Pussy Riot's legal defense but I couldn't guarantee you the money would actually get there.

I'm probably going to end up making my own Free Pussy Riot shirt since I have yet to find a shirt that was in Russian, and if it's not in Russian then what's the point.

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news

Inspector_71 posted:

My cat just tore a loving hole in my Touche shirt, I am livid.

are you a medium by chance?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

lifeloveregret posted:

are you a medium by chance?

XL, thanks though. The hole isn't very big but it looks like the kind that's gonna spread. I guess I should learn how to sew a little.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
So I'm having a back to school sale for my label: http://anxietymachinerecords.com/

Who cares about buying records though. You can click on Releases and hear everything for free. The new Dogbreth 7" is something I have been incredibly excited about, sounds like Superchunk.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Hobbit posted:

I don't think Pussy Riot has any recordings other than what you can find on Youtube. I've found a couple websites selling shirts that claim the profits are going to Pussy Riot's legal defense but I couldn't guarantee you the money would actually get there.

I'm probably going to end up making my own Free Pussy Riot shirt since I have yet to find a shirt that was in Russian, and if it's not in Russian then what's the point.

IIRC their actual name is Pussy Riot, not something Russian.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Man, I know I'm behind the times, but what a punch to the gut it is hearing about Tony Sly.

I just finished listening to some NUFAN songs for some inspiration (really only a select few musicians are like that for me, and I loved how Tony wrote and worded introspective songs) and decided to do a quick search like I do with some bands to see if they have anything on the table soon.

Not exactly what I'd hoped to find.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Does anyone know if any band(s) came out of the breakup of Age Sixteen? Open Up Finders Please is one of my favorite albums and I just need more

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Mazel Tov posted:

Any goons at this is hardcore? How was it?

It was alright, I suppose. Rather spectacular show and all that, but it was lacking a few very popular PA hardcore bands that I always enjoy seeing come out and play for huge crowds. Other than that, I can't REALLY find a fault.

But, what I CAN find fault with is loving Erick "Buddha" Medina of Blood For Blood. Has that been mentioned here yet?

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys

Pope Guilty posted:

IIRC their actual name is Pussy Riot, not something Russian.

Yes, but the people responsible for their legal troubles speak Russian as a first language, and it is so much more fun to tell people they're wrong in their native tongue.

Speaking of Russian punk, anyone else in North America besides me listen to Mongol Shuudan? If not, have a link.

Conversation With Death

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Count Chocula posted:

Anyone in Australia going to Soundwave? I want to see Lawrence Arms and Lucero, but I'm holding out for a sideshow. Touché Amore just announced a tour with Make Do & Mend, which should be fun.

Not going to Soundwave, just shy of $200 for a festival? Blergh from me. I had a great time going to the Kvelertak/Gojira/Mastodon sideshow and Thursday's last headline show earlier this year.

Bands I want to see at a Sidewave; Kyuss, Cancer Bats, Shai Hulud, The Lawrence Arms, Lucero.

Also, new Propagandhi is brilliant.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

omg chael crash posted:

It was alright, I suppose. Rather spectacular show and all that, but it was lacking a few very popular PA hardcore bands that I always enjoy seeing come out and play for huge crowds. Other than that, I can't REALLY find a fault.

But, what I CAN find fault with is loving Erick "Buddha" Medina of Blood For Blood. Has that been mentioned here yet?

...go on...

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
he was accused of raping a 13 year old girl, he was kicked out of the band and I'm pretty sure the band is gonna dissolve anyway.

that article links to the original one, I can't find a more legit source than Punknews, but judging by the band's reaction the story seems to be true.

http://www.punknews.org/article/48248/blood-for-blood-breaks-silence-on-assault-charges-kicks-out-accused-singer

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

LtTennisBall posted:

he was accused of raping a 13 year old girl, he was kicked out of the band and I'm pretty sure the band is gonna dissolve anyway.

that article links to the original one, I can't find a more legit source than Punknews, but judging by the band's reaction the story seems to be true.

http://www.punknews.org/article/48248/blood-for-blood-breaks-silence-on-assault-charges-kicks-out-accused-singer

They haven't been a band for 8 years now. They can't really dissolve something that doesn't exist.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

answersyouseek posted:

They haven't been a band for 8 years now. They can't really dissolve something that doesn't exist.

ah, I did not know that.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

TG-Chrono posted:

Also, new Propagandhi is brilliant.

I see the Beaver got another new pedal. Wuh-hwah-huh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

cf posted:

This thing is out now:

http://tapesofaneongod.com/tagged/11

And I'll have copies of the Japanese Women/Kamikaze Pilots split in about a week and a half.
http://tapesofaneongod.com/tagged/3

YESSSS. I ran a show that these dude played on last weekend. Most impressive. Such chaotic music. Also they did an Insect Warfare cover and it was fantastic.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white

answersyouseek posted:

I definitely saw them within the last year, and there was definitely a tough guy knife fight in the parking lot of the venue. So, good riddance.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Every show is better when there's a knife fight.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Man, this Masked Intruder full-length rules hard. Pop-punk with a healthy dash of doo-wop and lyrics about being the most goddamn adorable criminals ever. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAHOv9xzIN8

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

answersyouseek posted:

gently caress. I never got to get beat up at a Blood for Blood show and sadly, now I never will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

LtTennisBall posted:

Would people be surprised by this? One listen to an album and all that...