Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

crime fighting hog posted:

What's with the big shoulder pads on everything lately?

Their head sculptor/concept artist seems to have a major beef with peripheral vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Grats to IRSMRT, looks like he won the "Rite of Passage" tourney at Gencon with his Protectorate. I want batreps and lists!

FuncType
Mar 29, 2007

Tactical Wiener Lover

Korwen posted:

Grats to IRSMRT, looks like he won the "Rite of Passage" tourney at Gencon with his Protectorate. I want batreps and lists!

Pretty cool to see Protectorate make a real showing. I haven't heard about them winning a large event in a while.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

zycl0n posted:

Pretty cool to see Protectorate make a real showing. I haven't heard about them winning a large event in a while.

They got 1st and 3rd (Jason Watt is playing Prot now?) in the 50pt qualifier, and then 1st in another tournament, but I don't know if that was a 50pt SR2012 or not.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Korwen posted:

Congrats to irsmart! Way to rep menoth, chuck elswick just won hardcore with it too, after swapping armies.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
As soon as they said Chuck was playing in that Army Swap thing, I knew he was going to win it all.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Can someone list all of the Masters slots? It sounds like IR SMART, chuck, and crump are all in but I'm really curious to see the rest of the lineup.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Sulecrist posted:

Can someone list all of the Masters slots? It sounds like IR SMART, chuck, and crump are all in but I'm really curious to see the rest of the lineup.
Cassius: new top tier circle warlock.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Did Pagini get beaten by eKaya after talking all of that poo poo about her? She seems like a worse drop than Cassius against Khador but either way it's very funny to me.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

lovely cellphone pic but this is my first text Cryx. I am joining this here party for real.

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.

theironjef posted:

lovely cellphone pic but this is my first text Cryx. I am joining this here party for real.

That paint scheme just works for me but, I don't know why yet.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

theironjef posted:

That is loving snazzy.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
In the opinion of folks who have some experience with transporting armies (i.e. not me), is the miniatures case being offered in the Reaper kickstarter anything like a good idea for Hordes? It's obvious that at the very least I'd have to get different inserts for larger models, how expensive/inconvenient is that likely to be? Is it worth trying or just a bad proposition all the way around?

edit: For reference I'm talking about a Circle army, probably nothing larger than a 50mm base, but several of those.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I think that the basic case would work ok for a lot of circle minis. You might have trouble with stuff like Tharn Ravagers or other big dudes. The case is three trays deep, so I think it has space for bigger stuff. They mention that the foam is produced by Outrider, so it seems like it would be about $12-$15 to get new trays configured for other stuff.

It's only $25, which is a pretty great deal.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

theironjef posted:

So glad your painting cryx. I hate every dark undead scheme I have seen on them, but your style is loving tits (and I lifted the idea to do star fields from your DE). Hurry up and do more.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Super pumped for Summer Rampage tomorrow. Finished eLylyth and her Striders this week and will attempt to noob it up with her tomorrow.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
So if any goons are awake this earlier I need a second choir for masters. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

So if any goons are awake this earlier I need a second choir for masters. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Grats on your win man, but what would you need a second choir for? I can see maybe running a max with Amon, but 2?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's normally better to run two minimum choirs than one big one, only one point more and you get the benefit of versatility of Hymms, some warjacks may only need immunity to one thing whilst some others could use battle.

I've run a second Choir as cannon fodder for the Blood of Martyrs too, now that is funny, you just keep running them up front and people are a bit confused at first, then Hand of Vengeance starts triggering.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
8 Menoth players in Masters, behold the True Believers!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Gay Polymers posted:

8 Menoth players in Masters, behold the True Believers!

Who else is in there?

Well done Menoth. You are my favourite faction after all the actually good ones.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Local player just posted this:

Edit: removing dead pic links

:stare:

Fyrbrand fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 11, 2015

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

Asphyxious posted:

Who else is in there?

Well done Menoth. You are my favourite faction after all the actually good ones.

3 Cryx
2 Skorne
1 Trolls
1 Circle
1 Minions

Zero Khador, Zero Legion

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.
Gonna post this in the IK RPG area but, just got the word from PP people that the IK books release date got moved up to Sept 19th. The source is Ed Bourlle so it's for real.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Why do I think there might be some remorse on that tattoo after a while?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Fyrbrand posted:

Local player just posted this:

:stare:

I mean, it is well done... but I can't say I like the idea. :staredog:

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 18, 2012

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
If you guys think that is bad, go read the terrible tattoos thread.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Ye Worse User-name posted:

Why do I think there might be some remorse on that tattoo after a while?

Yeah, if you're going to immortalise Denny on your arm at least make it this one.

e: Also noticed no Cygnar on the Masters list. This pleases me. Sorry S.J. :ohdear:

Asphyxious fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 18, 2012

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not even Cygnar players like Cygnar.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Flipswitch posted:

Not even Cygnar players like Cygnar.

As evidenced by S.J.'s posting

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Asphyxious posted:

e: Also noticed no Cygnar on the Masters list. This pleases me. Sorry S.J. :ohdear:

Nah, that's cool. That gives me plenty of fuel for bitching and moaning :v:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The faction with eHaley cannot bitch or moan. I'm sorry, but you just can't. :v:

e: or Darth Weasley. :argh:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Babby's first eDoomy, Stone Scribe Chronicler, and Feralgeist. Painted the first two for use in the Summer Rampage event at my LGS today.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

Gay Polymers posted:

3 Cryx
2 Skorne
1 Trolls
1 Circle
1 Minions

Zero Khador, Zero Legion

Yessssssssss

If anyone there could get some info about what he plays I'd really appreciate it.

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.
My GenCon ninja shopper got on line at the PP booth 6 minutes after they opened the dealer hall and stood on line for 90 minutes, but the IKRPG was sold out before he could buy it.

I guess there's going to be plenty of demand for their product.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
They just announced on facebook that the release of the IKRPG has been moved up to Sept 19TH!
Suck it scalpers!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

mmmm, Krakken in a few days

What do you guys think?
Mortenebra +4 (50/50 Points)
1x Kraken -19
2x Seether -16
3x Slayer -15
1x Deathripper -4

Tier bonus reduces Helljack cost by 1

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I run my kraken with morty all the time.
Keep her in b2b with it so it can endlessly use her focus/she can repair it and the kraken is just unstoppable.
I like running with with Deathjack and a stalker/scavenger combo instead of seethers though.
You probably don't need that arc node though.
But YMMV.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I only threw it in because I had 4 points to play with and I didn't know what to throw in there :v:

Also I need to buy Deathjack still, but ugh. I just spent $50 on models today, and another $100 when Kraken is out.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Havent played in like 10 days, reading poo poo about gencon, unghhhhhh must play.

Wheeling out G3 on monday at the more nubbish local store. Think Im going to run this list:

Asphyxious the Hellbringer (*4pts)
* Cankerworm (5pts)
* Deathjack (12pts)
* Malice (9pts)
Mechanithralls (Leader and 9 Grunts) (5pts)
Necrosurgeon & 3 Stitch Thralls (2pts)
Satyxis Raiders (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Satyxis Raider Sea Witch (2pts)
Pistol Wraith (3pts)
Pistol Wraith (3pts)
3 Scrap Thrall (1pts)
Warwitch Siren (2pts)
Warwitch Siren (2pts)

• Locked thread