Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Tears In A Vial posted:

That guy is lovely. I was hoping they were going to give him all the money. Also I think it's hilarious that they were giving away cigarettes away as prizes.

;-* "Would this person have ever been president of the United States?"
:corsair: "I think he was, once."

My hat's off to you, mr. Seymour, even if it is 56 years too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tears In A Vial posted:

That guy is lovely. I was hoping they were going to give him all the money. Also I think it's hilarious that they were giving away cigarettes away as prizes.

He doesn't smoke cigarettes, so instead they gave him a can of Prince Albert pipe tobacco.

I finally know what "Prince Albert in a can" is!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Some people might think this image belongs in the ugly & awkward thread but they're wrong. That dude is definitely a bad-rear end.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

Groovy.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Some people might think this image belongs in the ugly & awkward thread but they're wrong. That dude is definitely a bad-rear end.

Why?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark
Anyone with that much self confidence is pretty badass.

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

ZebraBlade posted:

Anyone with that much self confidence is pretty badass.

Or very odd.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

(click for big)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Brother Jonathan posted:

(click for big)

Beautiful coloration.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Brother Jonathan posted:

(click for big)

I'd boop that nose if the kitty wouldn't take my head off with a swipe right after. :3:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Maybe instead of "click for big" I should have put "click for scary life-size."

The big cats are truly bad-rear end:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Brother Jonathan posted:

(click for big)

This is what I imagine Hobbes to look like.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Critical posted:

This is what I imagine Hobbes to look like.

But Hobbes is a tiger..

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I tried learning how to do this once and ended up almost breaking my hand. I can't figure out how he does it.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

MindlessHavok posted:

I tried learning how to do this once and ended up almost breaking my hand. I can't figure out how he does it.

It looks quite simple to me.

Of course, simple does not mean easy.

Intern Dan
Mar 30, 2010

MindlessHavok posted:

When he flips it he pulls his right hand back to let the bat clear. That looks like the hardest part to it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If you want to learn how to do it then start by holding it steady in front of you and then spinning it once and catching it. Once you've got that down try spinning it twice before catching it, then three or four times. Once you've got that down then try spinning it in the middle of a swing.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 13:24 on Aug 20, 2012

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Here's the advanced version of the trick:

:v:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Munich City Hall:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Brother Jonathan posted:

Munich City Hall:

I love the look of the guy right behind the head of the dragon. His expression seems to say "Why did you try to catch it with a net? Now look what happened!"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Another badass building that's not far from that city hall: The Bavarian State Chancellery building, capitol of the state of Bavaria.

The central portion is original. Both of the original wings were destroyed by Allied bombers during WWII. When they rebuilt it after the war, they gave each wing a modern glass facade--so you can see your politicians at work. Their step towards government transparency taken pretty literally.

Pirate Radar has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Aug 21, 2012

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Chantilly Say posted:

Another badass building that's not far from that city hall: The Bavarian State Chancellery building, capitol of the state of Bavaria.

The central portion is original. Both of the original wings were destroyed by Allied bombers during WWII. When they rebuilt it after the war, they gave each wing a modern glass facade--so you can see your politicians doing their business. Their step towards government transparency taken pretty literally.

I dunno...I feel like that building's going to mumble "I didn't ask for this." in German any minute.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

TShields posted:

But Hobbes is a tiger..

:doh:

PreacherNutshot
Dec 8, 2005
I love children, but I can't eat a whole one.

I posted:

I think that might be olympic weightlifter and strongman Mikhail Koklyaev.

He is genuinely one of the strongest people on the planet. This video is from an exhibition he did and includes;
596lb Jerk press (no wonder he can lift two people).
A crazy 640lb No Hands Squat
881lb x 3 Deadlift
419lb Snatch

He's always smiling. Regardless of the fact that he can lift my house over his head, he looks like a genuinely nice guy to hang out with.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Chantilly Say posted:

so you can see your politicians doing their business.

I sure as hell hope not. :stare:

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Just another day of fishing in Red Bluff, CA

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006

MageMage posted:

Dude I just got back on a road trip from the pacific northwest and my buddies dad hooked it up with his fishing cabin in Dunsmuir. I didnt fish myself but this was literally the back yard view. Shasta area rules and as a bay area native I need to get up there more.

DSC_1034 by jakedropkick, on Flickr

I didnt get a chance to check out Castle Crag though. Enough reason to go back next time.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

MageMage posted:

:stare: That is one ugly loving fish. A lot of chemical runoff into the rivers there or something?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
It's a male Chinook salmon. Male salmon actually change color and shape and get that characteristic humped look when it's time to spawn (which is what that one was up to). It's also been dead for a little while (what with the missing eye and onset of decomposition), which makes it look a little nastier than usual. That one was supposed to weigh 80lbs from what I remember, and Chinooks can get up to 130lbs.

For reference, this is what they normally look like when they aren't all jacked up on mating.

Detective Thompson has a new favorite as of 08:29 on Aug 22, 2012

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

2ndclasscitizen posted:

:stare: That is one ugly loving fish. A lot of chemical runoff into the rivers there or something?

By the time Pacific salmon make it back upstream to spawn they're on the verge of death and basically already decomposing. That's a big one but the ugliness is normal.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE
This page needs more crazy bad rear end Russians :colbert:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Heintron posted:

This page needs more crazy bad rear end Russians :colbert:

Pictured, a Russian medic at work.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DarkCrawler posted:

Pictured, a Russian medic at work.

Compression-only CPR is a pretty standard medical procedure but I guess if the guy is also standing on your dick that's just further motivation to wake up and start moving.

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

MageMage posted:

This one is actually speculated to have been a record weight if it had been alive.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/the_swarm/2008/11/monster-fish-found-in-sacramen.html

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Wearing a suit, smoking a cig, fighting the Syrian government, in style.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
he needs to get those pants hemmed :ohdear:

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

BANME.sh posted:

he needs to get those pants hemmed :ohdear:

Sleeves are too long too, and I am so happy I wasn't the only one to notice.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
War is hell.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Fleve posted:

Wearing a suit, smoking a cig, fighting the Syrian government, in style.
Stylin' hard.

This guy is like a real life Max Payne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The rose coloured aviators are just icing on the badass-cake.

• Locked thread