Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

DOOP posted:

I have no idea what I'm looking at with regards to the script, but it sure looks cool. Some real good work there Cthulhu.

Just need to get the bugs worked out - it's got a bunch of really computer specific stuff - I probably need to drag my 1280x1024 monitor out to get the Expansion league one working properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
As per this trade, the Rated R Superstars need to make some roster moves. They are reflected in this post, but I will try to sum them up here.

- Andruw Jones takes Charlie Hickman's spot on the roster and starts in center field

- Vernon Wells moves to the bench

- John Rocker takes Lefty Williams' spot on the roster

- 2009 Trever Miller sent down to minors, 2006 Justin Speier called up

- 2006 Alex Rios called up from the minors to replace Dave Kingman

- 1919 Happy Felsch selected from feeders, placed in the minors

- New lineup against lefthanded pitchers:

1. Eddie Collins 2B
2. Matt Holliday LF
3. 2006 Troy Glaus 3B
4. Albert Pujols 1B
5. 2009 Troy Glaus DH
6. Andruw Jones CF
7. Joe Jackson RF
8. Yadier Molina C
9. Odell Hale SS

- New bullpen configuration:

LR Justin Speier
MR Ryan Franklin
SR Jason Motte
SR John Rocker
SU Scott Downs
CL BJ Ryan

As a reminder, the Superstars have authorized me to make these changes without requiring majority approval from the other owners.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 20, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Why don't we wait for Angry_ed to accept the trade in-thread before I sign off on this latest trade that appears to serve no benefit other than making me do more work.

I don't know, I guess it puts Dave Kingman in the next dispersal draft too, but mainly nothing.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Why don't we wait for Angry_ed to accept the trade in-thread before I sign off on this latest trade that appears to serve no benefit other than making me do more work.

I don't know, I guess it puts Dave Kingman in the next dispersal draft too, but mainly nothing.

Sorry for jumping the gun, Smasher. He and I negotiated and agreed to the deal over PM, so I'm confident that he'll approve it shortly. Otherwise I'll just look silly. :ohdear:

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Expansion Cup!: May

: Cthulhudreams has been kind enough to write up a script that provides you both cuts down on our workload and gives you stat nerds more to chew on. There are still some bugs to work out, though, so don't freak out if something is wrong. Vice City and Norfolk didn't work with the script this week, so they get the old information.

Analysis: The middle of your lineup is struggling valiantly to keep your team afloat, but you don't have much outside of Fielder, Braun, and Musial. Your starters have managed to piece together some respectable work, except Gallardo, who needs to be jettisoned immediately. Outside of some masterclass swindling on your part, you're going to be looking at a talent deficit all season.

Analysis: Pitching isn't your problem. Nobody except McGriff is hitting above .300. That's your problem, and Arky Vaughn is in a coma after someone mysteriously attacked him in the library, so the Crime Dog is going to be busy investigating the seamy underbelly of English academia.

Analysis: Your pitchers are looking longingly at the visiting team's dugout. They get run support, so why can't we, they ask. That's when you turn your head away, so they can't see your tears.

Analysis:

Analysis: Good news! Blyleven will continue to reliably rock your opponent's poo poo. Bad news! Old Willie Stargell is not a starting first baseman, or a #3 hitter.

Analysis:The 2011 Texas Rangers do not seem to be the world-beaters one might have assumed. You're probably not this bad, so hang in there and try to catch up to your Pythag.

Analysis:All the marginal trades in the world can't change the fact that the toughest team in your division has Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson, Rogers Hornsby, Jimmie Foxx, and Tris Speaker, and you don't.

Analysis: Have you ever just said gently caress it while playing Baseball Mogul, and you use commissioner mode to get all your favorite players while you boost their ratings to 100? This sort of feels like that. Barring your team plane crashing into the side of a mountain in the Andes and your players having to resort to cannibalism in a tragic but stirring portrayal of the resilience of the human spirit, we'll see you in the playoffs.

Analysis: You know what would help? Lots and lots of performance enhancing drugs, and also a better shortstop and left fielder.

Analysis: Haunted by the ghost of Harmon Killebrew! Allison and Waner are the obvious problems, but nobody on your team is scoring enough.

Analysis:Gaylord Perry! Needs more strikeouts, though, or his ERA is going to shoot up. Unless your masters conspire to give you more talent, though, you're doomed to come in second after Polyarny.

Analysis: I'm not going to lie, I was shocked when I saw your record. And then I remembered you were in the easiest division, and that you're barely squeaking by in games, judging by your run differential. If your pitchers can keep up the good work, hopefully your runners can score enough to get you a division title.

Analysis Sain is a pimple on the face of an otherwise sterling rotation. You also need a new leadoff hitter. Tris Speaker is pretty good at that sort of thing, I hear.

Analysis: A much better month gives you the division lead. Like the Daydreamers, you're slightly outperforming your pythag, so hopefully Hero of the People, First-Class Orlando Cepeda can continue to hit like Babe Ruth.

Analysis::siren: Bullpen alert!:siren:

:siren: Bullpen alert!:siren:

Analysis: Our bodies are given form from the midst of nothingness. Existing where there is nothing is the meaning of the phrase "Form is emptiness." That all things are provided for by nothingness is the meaning of the phrase, "Emptiness is form." One should not think that these are two separate.

Analysis: I have nothing to add, Grinnblade, because your team is an abomination unto God and Man, and also Francisco Rodriguez has been pretty good so far. The rest of your team, well, uh, fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Analysis: You know what? The Long Goodbye (1973) is criminally underrated. Elliot Gould did a really stellar job, very understated performance. You've got more talent than Barrow, and you'll probably start pulling ahead soon.

Analysis:Mike Piazza was worth it after all!

Analysis: Jim Bunning continues to be great, and you've got a winning record in a winnable division. McManus and Moseby are going to kill you, though.

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 20, 2012

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Injury Report*

Hakata Runnin' Ramen
Ted Simmons, C - Tried to commit ritual suicide after equipment manager died, claiming a loyal retainer should not outlive his master - 141 days

Lombard Street Gumshoes
Don Slaught, C - Team doctors rushed to Darrell Porter's room after monitors reported heart failure, only to find Don Slaught, who claimed he had been with the team the whole time! - 0 days, roster fixed for real this time

Madison Mudholes
LaTroy Hawkins, RP - Bereavement leave after death of pet pig, 11 days

Oxbridge Mathematicians
Arky Vaughn, SS - Choked on biscuit while watching television, then was beaten by Fred McGriff in an effort to stage a crime to drum up interest in a "Crime Dog" reality show, 26 days

Poughskeepie Superbas
Josh Hamilton, LF - The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men, 189 days

*All injuries visible on overview screen but not listed here are like 4 days or less in duration

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Making a quick Rotation Change, effective immediately:
Warren Spahn
Pedro Martinez (Next Starter)
Harry Krause
Lew Burdette
Juan Pizarro

Edit: Also noticed that I have a better shortstop in my minors.
Jose Reyes to Shortstop. Willie Randolph to Minors.

Also, I'd like to point out a flaw to every single Owner of an expansion team.
We all passed up 29 year old Walter Johnson for two points.

Also, something I've been talking about in the chat with Cthulhu which I'm going to forget when I go to sleep:
Why is Bonilla rated so bad? I know you shouldn't be basing your projections on ratings but he's consistently rated high 80s-low 90s for me.
Not a ratings challenge just a question.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 20, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Swap Eddie Cicotte to SP 5 for Ray Collins to Long Relief

gently caress you Ray, I don't like having to start a knuckleballer any more than you do, but then I noticed he has a better fastball and is better at baseball from you. Enjoy long relief.

Earl Battey catches for Eddie Cicotte and someone buys him a the biggest fielding mits money can buy

The rest of you, keep that up, though if someone can get a fielding coach to explain to Hornsby how you catch and throw a baseball that would be great.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 20, 2012

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

I'm wagering you missed my post after the first month, since Bumgarner doesn't have any playing time. Anyway, could you please alter my pitching rotation to this;
Lincecum
Cain
Bumgarner
Adams
Beckett

With Cooper going to LR and I guess switch Wilson and Romo in my bullpen. I'm also altering my lineups slightly, in the hopes that I can get them to do something with the ball on occasion. The only subbing is Posey in for Dietz, as i'd like to see what he can do even if Dietz is somehow my HR leader, everything else is just rearrangement.
Against LHP
2B Joe Gordon
SS Arky Vaughan
1B Jack Clark
LF Miguel Cabrera
DH Jose Canseco
RF Carlos Beltran
C Buster Posey
3B Pablo Sandoval
CF Vince DiMaggio

Against RHP
2B Jay Bell
SS Arky Vaughan
CF Vince DiMaggio
1B Miguel Cabrera
DH Fred McGriff
LF Zack Wheat
C Buster Posey
RF Carlos Beltran
3B Pablo Sandoval

Finally, that injury. That's a problem. Until McGriff solves the crime that he himself committed and Vaughan gets better, move Bell over to SS for both lineups, and likewise Joe Gordon can take over the RHP 2B duties as well.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

The Peckinpaugh bubble has predictably burst. In a big way. But it's alright, not like he's the only viable shortstop on my roster or anything...

: Bwahaha! I'm untouchable!

Sod off, Roger. Anyway, to business. Chipper Jones and Steve Avery replace Terry Pendleton and Mark Buehrle on the 25. Avery just takes the fifth slot in the rotation; my pitching is otherwise unchanged. Since the game is telling me Thomas needs a rest, McGriff starts at 1B for the first week of the month only. Gamble isn't doing so hot at the minute, forcing some roster switching, as follows:

2B Ray Durham
CF Al Oliver
3B Home Run Baker (Chipper Jones during the injury)
1B Frank Thomas (Fred McGriff for the first week)
LF David Justice
RF Magglio Ordóñez
C Jim Sundberg (vs RHP)/Javy López (vs LHP)
SS Roger Peckinpaugh
<pitcher>

I'm seriously considering batting the pitcher eighth.

Ginge fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Aug 20, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

:frogsiren: I think I've fixed the script - try this one: http://pastebin.com/8bNPw3pX (20 men, 1280x1024 screens)

gingemidget posted:

I'm seriously considering batting the pitcher eighth.

Why not? It's a good idea.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 20, 2012

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Swap Gallardo and Pollett. Pollett can't possibly be worse, right? RIGHT???:ohdear:

Put White at leadoff and McCutcheon on the bench. Replace Corey Hart with Gary Sheffield and bat him 6th, moving Walker Cooper to 7th.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
My closers are terrible. How is this happening?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Smasher Dynamo posted:

The Goog posted:

Sorry for jumping the gun, Smasher. He and I negotiated and agreed to the deal over PM, so I'm confident that he'll approve it shortly. Otherwise I'll just look silly. :ohdear:

Sorry about that, went to bed right after responding to the PM. I accept the trade.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
The Ted Sox

Switch Wynn and Sain in the rotation.

Switch Benoit and Nenn in the bullpen.

Switch Chapman and Speaker in the batting order.

And for the hell of it, put Speaker in RF and Damon in CF.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Is it possible to get my defensive stats posted? I only have the batting and pitching stats, and I'd like to see how the old timers are doing in the field, as well as how Ichiro is handling left field.

Oh, also. Could you put in JJ Putz in Shiggy's spot, and put Oil Can Boyd in long relief, and move George Mullin to Boddicker's spot in the rotation? I had requested these changes last update, but it seems as if they weren't made.

Outrunner
Aug 5, 2012

This is not exactly the way I figured the team would go after Smasher said he liked the team but oh well. Guess for now we'll move Mark McGwire to first base and have Dave Parker be the Designated Hitter.

New lineup
2B Charlie Gehringer
CF Chet Lemon
DH Dave Parker
1B Mark McGwire
LF Kurt Gibson
SS Alan Trammell
C Ernie Lombardi
3B Paul Molitor
RF Bobby Murcer

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

While losing hamilton isn't exactly "optimal", the news that the expansion gauntlet isn't happening at least means that I have free liscense to experiment!

New Lineup v. both:

RF Reggie Jackson
1B Don Mincher
C Mike Napoli
3b Adrian Beltre
2B Michael Young
LF Nelson Cruz
CF Ken Berry (until Monday gets back, then put him in)
P
SS Elvis Andrus

Aparicio is demoted to AAA to call up Andrus.

As for pitching - Neftali Feliz and Alexei Ogando temporarily move to the 4 and 5 slots, with Wood/John going to middle relief.

On the trade front, I'm still looking for an Outfielder or Shortstop of the competent variety, if anyone has one they are willing to part with.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Nerokerubina posted:

While losing hamilton isn't exactly "optimal", the news that the expansion gauntlet isn't happening at least means that I have free liscense to experiment!

New Lineup v. both:

RF Reggie Jackson
1B Don Mincher
C Mike Napoli
3b Adrian Beltre
2B Michael Young
LF Nelson Cruz
CF Ken Berry (until Monday gets back, then put him in)
P
SS Elvis Andrus

Aparicio is demoted to AAA to call up Andrus.

As for pitching - Neftali Feliz and Alexei Ogando temporarily move to the 4 and 5 slots, with Wood/John going to middle relief.

On the trade front, I'm still looking for an Outfielder or Shortstop of the competent variety, if anyone has one they are willing to part with.

I have Jim Rice (92) and Mike Greenwell (91/96) that are both Left Fielders. What would you consider parting with?

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

Ordius posted:

I have Jim Rice (92) and Mike Greenwell (91/96) that are both Left Fielders. What would you consider parting with?

I've a nice little plate of starting pitchers. would Wilbur Wood interest you?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Nerokerubina posted:

I've a nice little plate of starting pitchers. would Wilbur Wood interest you?
I can put up Stephenson Riggs and Luis Gonzalez that are similarly rated LF ers

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012
Not particularly, but Mike Adams and that injured Josh Hamilton would.

Edit: Cthulhu just conned factorialite out of his best two pitchers, do you really want to trade with him?

Ordius fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 20, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Ordius posted:

Not particularly, but Mike Adams and that injured Josh Hamilton would.

Edit: Cthulhu just conned factorialite out of his best two pitchers, do you really want to trade with him?

I got fleeced by mr noun so hey, but anyway you want other bidders in the picture.

Any Riggs + luis for broken Hamilton. Riggs can play 2B as well, just not hugely well.

Individually neither of them are as good as Josh, but both give depth. I can talk pitching coming to me instead if you'd like

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Hey, the Vice City Goose Eggs would be interested in Mike Adams. He did well for the original Goose Eggs so I'd like to think I can trust him, especially with most of the '85 Blue Jays struggling. What year is he?

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012
He's 2011 Texas, Armitage. Go get your own. ;)

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I'm not super interested in trading Hamilton. Expansion cup results aren't what i'm going for here!

Am willing to put up Adams if the deal is right, though.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Nerokerubina posted:

I'm not super interested in trading Hamilton. Expansion cup results aren't what i'm going for here!

Sorry, then. I'm not giving up a HoF-caliber LF for just a bullpen arm.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

Ordius posted:

Sorry, then. I'm not giving up a HoF-caliber LF for just a bullpen arm.

Well what's why I was offering an SP in the first place :v:

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Nerokerubina posted:

I'm open to some combination of draft picks or Catfish hunter for Riggs and Luis - both have an OBA of .350 or higher and good career OBAs.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Nerokerubina posted:

Well what's why I was offering an SP in the first place :v:

You offered Wilbur Wood. That doesn't quite cut it for proven SL performer Jim Rice. The only reason I'm not using him is because Ichiro fits better with my leadoff strategy.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lets Try

-Start Del Ennis, bench Cy Williams
-Start Rico P., bench Mark Ellis
-Make George Scott the everyday first baseman

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Ted Sox

Modified Line up:

1. CF Tris Speaker L
2. 2B Julio Franco R
3. 1B Palmerio L
4. LF Juan Gonzales R
5. RF Jonny Damon L
6. C Ivan Rodrigues R
7. SS Ray Chapman R
8. 3B Bob Elliot R
9. Pitcher

Evans Catching:

1. CF Tris Speaker L
2. 2B Julio Franco R
3. 1B Palmerio L
4. OF Juan Gonzales R
5. RF Johnny Damon L
6. 3B Bob Elliot R
7. Ray Chapman R
8. C Al Evans R
9. Pitcher

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The Super-Official Expansion Cup Power Ranking!

1. Polyarny Postmodernists (35-19)

I'm trying to understand your team. I mean, I could say you're using a bunch of slap hitters, but then you've got Barry Bonds. I could say you abuse deadball pitchers, but you're using Tudor and Reuschel. You say that you've got a plan, and I'm not sure that you do, I just think you built a strong team.

2. Ry'leh Cultists (32-21)

Amazingly, trading for Johnson and Mathewson has solved about all of your pitching problems. All it took was finding someone willing to trade you two of the top ten pitchers ever.

3. Leprechauns (32-21)

If Larry Dierker keeps this up, then something has gone terribly wrong with the Mogul engine. In fact, I'm skeptical of just about your entire rotation.

And you need to replace Menke. I was going to say something about Kennedy too, but then I noticed that Carter is rotting on your bench. If you've got to use one used-up catcher from the Giants, choose him.

4. Barrow Daydreamers (32-23)

There's no way you're going to do nearly this well in the Super-League if you can't get a better shortstop and outfielders. Also, look at how well Jim Sundberg is doing. Take it in, take it all in, because he will never, ever, ever hit this well in the Super-League ever again!

5. Lombard Street Gumshoes (32-23)

Why won't you listen to me. I tell you Ron Gant isn't good enough for the Super-League. I tell you that Mike Schmidt in 1989 is about done. But you don't listen. You just don't listen.

6. Vice City Good Eggs (29-25)

Wait, is Jesse Barfield really at third base? If he is, move him immediately. McManus and Moseby were bound to be duds, anyway. Better you find out now rather than in the Super-League.

Now, as for the matter of Jimmy Key? Well, where did you think "Jimmy loving Key" came from?

7. Ted Sox (29-26)

Okay, Chapman might be a bust. At the very least, he shouldn't be batting leadoff. And at what point do you give up on Johnny Sain? These are questions you'll have to answer for yourself.

I was going to say something about Franco, Rodriguez and Gonzalez's OBP, but then I remembered that's just the kind of players they were.

8. Norfolk Splinter Cells (29-26)

I know that Vaughn Xenopolos is just a filler player but...don't you feel the urge to put him into your rotation anyway?

Oh, and Donie Bush had no power even for a deadball middle infielder. So, uh, replace him.

9. Hakata Runnin' Ramen (29-27)

I guess Dale Murphy thinks it's 1993 rather than 1979. Not sure what to do about that, really.

Your rotation needs work. Niekro can be good in the right situation, but I'm not sure this is it. Ken Hill is not Super-League quality.

Oh, and replace Kelly Johnson when you get a chance.

10. Rated-R Superstars (28-26)

You relied on A.J. Burnett and Vernon Wells to be helpful? Hasn't the constant misery of the Blue Jays taught you anything? Why not bring in B.J. Ryan to-

Wait, you're actually using B.J. Ryan? Five owners and you're using B.J. Ryan? Come on!

11. Great Googly-Mooglies (27-27)

Justin Verlander and Bernie Williams were both tainted by their time with the Bronies, and now they are poisoning your team. Amputate!

12. St. Paul Bearers (27-28)

Okay, well, clearly Doyle Alexander isn't going to work out for you and I'm not sure why you thought it ever was going too. For that matter, I don't see Claude Passeau's future being particularly right. Also, you have Craig Biggio and are starting Stanky at second. I'm not sure why you guys have decided to do that, but you should stop it immediately.

13. Madison Mudholes (26-28)

Is Neil Walker really playing shortstop? That doesn't seem right.

Anyway, tatankatonk told you to not use McCutcheon, but you're only other center fielder is Devon White. Now, I don't know if you're old enough to remember Devon White or "Devo" as wikipedia says he was called, but he couldn't hit at all. So stick with McCutcheon.

14. Oxbridge Mathematicians (26-28)

Are you using Buster Posey? If you aren't, you should use Buster Posey.

Beyond that, I don't like Wheat because he has no power, fortunately, I happen to know a guy who does have power that may or may not be chemically augmented. They call him "Canseco". If Sandoval doesn't get better soon, I'd consider replacing him with Lowell.

As for Beckett's disappointing start, well, I'm pretty sure there are support groups all over New England that help people deal with the emotional damage that that causes.

15. Poughkeepsie Superbas (25-28)

Well, CF was going to be a problem. We knew that going in, but now that Hamilton is out for the rest of the cup, I think you might as well just give Monday the job for now and plan to draft a center fielder in the first round of the dispersal draft.

Oh, and Luis Aparicio still can't hit. This should not be new to anyone.

Hunter's problems are related to the fact that he pitched to a lot of guys like Aparicio in a lot of pitcher's parks, which taught him the lesson that throwing a pitch over the plate in order to get ahead in the count was an acceptable strategy. In the Super-League, it really isn't. Still, see if he can turn it around.

16. Second City Saints (25-29)

Bellhorn should not be a starter for you! And I don't trust any of your starters besides Spahn and Martinez! And your bullpen is terrible!

17. Portland Bulldogs (23-30)

You've got weird problems. None of your batters are doing so terribly that you absolutely need to replace them, except for Molitor and Stargell, but you can't give up on them this early. So, I'm not sure there's a lot you can do. I guess use Parker more, but that's the only easy fix I can think of.

Uhle and Walters are problems, but you might as well give them a bit more time to figure it out before you ditch them.

18. Philadelphia Longshots (22-33)

Rico Petrocelli is roughly ten million billion times better than Mark Ellis. He shall be your new starting second baseman!

Oh, and your bullpen is terrible, but that can't be news for you. I know, I know, Jim Konstanty won the MVP in 1950, but the game is looking at his career as a whole, and it is not impressed.

Beyond that, I don't know, maybe try Ace Wilson instead of Seminick. I mean, the man's nickname was "Ace". Logically, he has to be good!

19. Antarctic Unspecifieds (17-37)

Okay, all you need is a new pitching staff, a new left fielder, a new first baseman and you're good to go!

20. Idaho Potatoes (17-37)

Your roster is full of baffling decisions. Johnny Sain as a starter. The omission of Gregg Olson in favor of Frohwith. Morales as your starting first baseman. Napoli as your DH. Izturis as your second baseman. Bring Rizzuto in as your second baseman. Bring in Tartabull as your DH. Find someone willing to trade you a first baseman. Do these things now.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Deal is dead.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 21, 2012

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

St Paul Bearers
Would like to rectify the issue at 2B by moving Biggio there if I can find the rest of my co-owners to sign off. :ohdear:

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

10. Rated-R Superstars (28-26)

You relied on A.J. Burnett and Vernon Wells to be helpful? Hasn't the constant misery of the Blue Jays taught you anything? Why not bring in B.J. Ryan to-

Wait, you're actually using B.J. Ryan? Five owners and you're using B.J. Ryan? Come on!

Can this be fixed?

Smasher Dynamo posted:

6. Vice City Good Eggs (29-25)

Wait, is Jesse Barfield really at third base? If he is, move him immediately. McManus and Moseby were bound to be duds, anyway. Better you find out now rather than in the Super-League.

Now, as for the matter of Jimmy Key? Well, where did you think "Jimmy loving Key" came from?

19. Antarctic Unspecifieds (17-37)

Okay, all you need is a new pitching staff, a new left fielder, a new first baseman and you're good to go!

20. Idaho Potatoes (17-37)

Your roster is full of baffling decisions. Johnny Sain as a starter. The omission of Gregg Olson in favor of Frohwith. Morales as your starting first baseman. Napoli as your DH. Izturis as your second baseman. Bring Rizzuto in as your second baseman. Bring in Tartabull as your DH. Find someone willing to trade you a first baseman. Do these things now.

Okay you apparently all have problems at first base. I have an aging Stan Musial but he can still hit very hard very consistently and do all that while playing first base. I can also sell my spare outfielder collection as well, namely Harry Hooper, Bob Johnson, Luis Gonzalez and Stephenson Riggs. I'm perpetually keen to do a deal, so deals may be done! Edit: A few people have proposed buying Cuyler, and I'm open to the idea but he is a starter and also a long term utility player in any likely future cultists. Bob is probably better than Cuyler if you're looking for outfield power, but he cannot play Right Field.

What I want to buy is:

Draft Picks! Cause I might be able to solve my other problems with them later.
Mike Schmidt or equivalent at 3B (He's replacing hornsby so no amount of 'big hitter bad glove' is gonna help unless it's a sufficiently big hitter to replace Stan Musial at DH in which case you're probably not going to want to do the deal)
A legit starting ace, someone at Doug Fister's level or better.
Elite short reliefs.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Aug 21, 2012

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

kw0134 posted:

St Paul Bearers
Would like to rectify the issue at 2B by moving Biggio there if I can find the rest of my co-owners to sign off. :ohdear:

Approved. I was going to do that but I thought some of the owners with an actual clue had a reason as to why they didn't field him.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

kw0134 posted:

St Paul Bearers

Agreed

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
Because Biggio hits like poo poo in the Super League, and Eddie Stanky, while he has no power at all, had a career .410 on-base %, and better defense.

But we can give Bigs a try, sure. We should also put Mays back out there and try young Schilling instead of Doyle Alexander.

Smasher, will a personal catcher order use Biggio as backstop for that battery and slot Oberkfell/Stankey in at 2B? Otherwise Ted Simmons will explode. I do have this '75 Darrell Porter I can't currently use....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
If people want Eddie Stanky, I have one sitting on my bench...