Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
If you want a good Zero player to watch to learn Zero, I definitely recommend searching for Flux. He's not the toppest tier of Zero player, but he's from the NYC area so there's a ton of footage of him at every NYC local. You can see him improve pretty rapidly over the past 6~ months and pick up a lot of stuff by watching him imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Shockeh posted:

At work, so can't dig too much to find a good video, but here's an example of the loop: (The grey clears up after 30s or so)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYEBPoCg0Vs

Is that creepy-looking chunkster in the lower right hand corner supposed to have meaning?

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World

Brett824 posted:

If you want a good Zero player to watch to learn Zero, I definitely recommend searching for Flux. He's not the toppest tier of Zero player, but he's from the NYC area so there's a ton of footage of him at every NYC local. You can see him improve pretty rapidly over the past 6~ months and pick up a lot of stuff by watching him imo.

Seconding this

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
I just signed up for Revelations 2012. It's the next big tournament with UMVC3 in it. Calling it now, I'm gonna win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Y6D1e9ijg

Filipino Champ? More like Failipenis Chump.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Woo, I don't own a console but my friend is letting me borrow his PS3 while my gf is in Switzerland.

Last time I borrowed it I was able to get up to 6th Lord with a gimmicky but damaging Nemesis/Wesker/Doom team.

Been practicing Firebrand/Doom/Ammy but I have 0 match experience, just getting BnBs down. I also finally got a 4th loop in to Doom's corner BnB, pushing my solo 1 meter damage up to 888k :)

I entered into the Challonge bracket for tomorrow, I'm definitely going to get creamed as I haven't even been practicing my "main" team, it's going to be fun either way.

Super Rad fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 15, 2012

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is the 360 tournament dead? I would finally be able to play in one since I've moved to a new city and don't have too much to do yet. :(

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Super Rad posted:

Woo, I don't own a console but my friend is letting me borrow his PS3 while my gf is in Switzerland.

Last time I borrowed it I was able to get up to 6th Lord with a gimmicky but damaging Nemesis/Wesker/Doom team.

Been practicing Firebrand/Doom/Ammy but I have 0 match experience, just getting BnBs down. I also finally got a 4th loop in to Doom's corner BnB, pushing my solo 1 meter damage up to 888k :)

I entered into the Challonge bracket for tomorrow, I'm definitely going to get creamed as I haven't even been practicing my "main" team, it's going to be fun either way.

I run Nemesis(slam)/Doom(beam)/Wesker(gun) online and it's insanely good for a lag heavy environment. You can get 100% on almost every character with just Nemesis ground series into wall bounce punch, air series, wesker relaunch, air series, rocket super, dhc into sphere flame, which is almost impossible to mess up. The main weakness of my order is that Doom comes in without a real assist for him, but online I'll take Xfactor 3 Wesker over any other character.

Offline I'm runnning Doom(missiles)/Frank(cart)/Vergil(slash) or Wesker(gun)/Doom (beam)/Vergil(slash)

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

MY ANIME GF posted:

I run Nemesis(slam)/Doom(beam)/Wesker(gun) online and it's insanely good for a lag heavy environment. You can get 100% on almost every character with just Nemesis ground series into wall bounce punch, air series, wesker relaunch, air series, rocket super, dhc into sphere flame, which is almost impossible to mess up. The main weakness of my order is that Doom comes in without a real assist for him, but online I'll take Xfactor 3 Wesker over any other character.

Offline I'm runnning Doom(missiles)/Frank(cart)/Vergil(slash) or Wesker(gun)/Doom (beam)/Vergil(slash)

Yeah it's my "online" and "still playing on a pad" team. Armored normals and lag were made for each other. I'm using the same assists but I put Wesker second because I like to DHC into Maximum Wesker to get the glasses off, I actually like having Doom anchor a bit more just because he's got some keepaway / chip tools for bad matchups, though I'm guessing most people would prefer Wesker anchor for the 5-hit 100% combos.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Adding two ground-bounce resets to my Dante combo nets me a whopping 30,000 damage. :negative:

Is there a trick to really getting damage out of Dante? Also, what is the best way to extend his combos with Plasma Beam? After I've already used my wallbounce can I do S, C.Pigeon, Stinger+Call Doom, B.Move, S.Dance for yet another groundbounce reset?

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

theguy2687 posted:

Is the 360 tournament dead? I would finally be able to play in one since I've moved to a new city and don't have too much to do yet. :(

For 3 weeks in a row no one entered so I stopped making the bracket. If people can think of a better day that works for 360 players I'd start making the bracket again or one of you could make your own.

Tonight :ducksiren:

Thursday August 16th 9PMEst/6PMPst irc://irc.synirc.net/sa-mvc3

:spidey:PS3:spidey:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/v6wq6zqzez

See you there.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I will probably sign up for this last minute but will go 0-2 and make someone feel good so just consider me signed up and out anyways

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Results :ducksiren:

http://challonge.com/psmgoons14
First Place: Acute Hepatitis Magneto/Haggar?Doctor Doom
Second Place: Ybrik Spider-Man/Super-Skrull/Doctor Strange
Third Place: Bumble Chump Spencer/Felicia/Shuma-Gorath

P4u claims another week of entrants. We will have our revenge :argh:

Next week Thursday August 23rd 9PMEst/6PMPst irc://irc.synirc.net/sa-mvc3

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/dcubtjb58t

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Adding two ground-bounce resets to my Dante combo nets me a whopping 30,000 damage. :negative:

Is there a trick to really getting damage out of Dante? Also, what is the best way to extend his combos with Plasma Beam? After I've already used my wallbounce can I do S, C.Pigeon, Stinger+Call Doom, B.Move, S.Dance for yet another groundbounce reset?
Finish with a level 3? doing those extra ground bounces are about building meter, not adding a ton of damage.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, life keeps interfering with my stuff, but I will definitely see you all next time probably.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Okay, life keeps interfering with my stuff, but I will definitely see you all next time probably.

You ducking me boy? :clint:

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Pfffft. Not JUST you.

Some background: I've put enough time into this game to get the Stream Monster title, and I am still not good at it.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Oh, and also, grad school.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Pfffft. Not JUST you.

Some background: I've put enough time into this game to get the Stream Monster title, and I am still not good at it.

I know that feel bro

:(:respek::(

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

My new Spider-Man combo gets 800k off of crouching L :neckbeard: Now I just need to decide whether to keep trying to learn Strange or give up on that terrible character.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Ybrik posted:

My new Spider-Man combo gets 800k off of crouching L :neckbeard: Now I just need to decide whether to keep trying to learn Strange or give up on that terrible character.

Besides his tights, his fragility, and his uncanny resemblance to Clark Gable, how is Strange terrible? This would help me out, because I was thinking of trying him myself.

Dren posted:

I know that feel bro

:(:respek::(

:cheers:

We must spar sometime.

EmperorFritoBandito fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 18, 2012

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Besides his tights, his fragility, and his uncanny resemblance to Clark Gable, how is Strange terrible? This would help me out, because I was thinking of trying him myself.

He's not terrible but he's definitely not good and he's very hard to play successfully as well.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Jmcrofts posted:

He's not terrible but he's definitely not good and he's very hard to play successfully as well.

Oh, but those assists, man. And his Smellovision hyper combo. They call to me.

Is he genuinely not worth it?

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Pretty much this. he's not the worst character and I like a lot of his game but holy poo poo he has no buttons and everything is -15 frames and ugh. I really like Bolts of Balthak and I wish I knew what to do when somebody got within 10 feet of him.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Honestly the worst part about him is having to stare at his O-face when you win a match with him on your team.

I don't need to see that Stephen. :catstare:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Oh, and also, grad school.

What's up grad school buddy? :hfive:

My term starts Monday so I'm getting in all the gaming I can before things get hectic.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Some fun things for the Wolverine players here, which is like Dren and me if I ever played against anyone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgIN1-HByng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xt8yUNSF4c

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

theguy2687 posted:

What's up grad school buddy? :hfive:.

Ehhh. Not a whole lot.

Started back to school this summer, and I've been nursing the hell out of a big crappy project instead of just getting it done. It looks like my classes are going to interfere with my tourney participation, too. They managed to schedule a three-hour, once-a-week course to overlap with our lobby time. :catstare:

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

iPodschun posted:

Some fun things for the Wolverine players here, which is like Dren and me if I ever played against anyone

Yesssssss

I am totally stealing this. My wolvie needs all the tech he can get.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

iPodschun posted:

Some fun things for the Wolverine players here, which is like Dren and me if I ever played against anyone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgIN1-HByng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xt8yUNSF4c

Those combos look awesome but I never get ground throws (and I can't imagine ever having Wolvie in XF3). Still, it's nice to see new confirms for Wolvie, thanks.

The most recent Wolvie thing I've been incorporating is Barrage + Drones. For some reason I thought it was scrubby and never did it. Turns out it's amazing at certain distances.

Dren fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 20, 2012

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl
So I went to GenCon this past weekend dressed as Wesker and check out who I ran into:

Unfortunately this is the only team I was able to assemble.

Me vs. Bone Claw Wolverine

Me vs. a Captain America that blocked too much.

Me playing Heroes & Heralds mode

Li'l Dubs and Big Dubs teaming up to saturate the globe

Wait what is this what is happening

What is going on why am I in another game who is this person

OK this is getting weird I am confused

Welp

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I didn't need to see that.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

That might be the best Poison cosplayer I've ever seen.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
All it's missing is a Teddie cosplayer for Missile vs. Missile.

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Pasteurized Milk posted:

That might be the best Poison cosplayer I've ever seen.

Agreed. He was cool to talk to too.

404GoonNotFound posted:

All it's missing is a Teddie cosplayer for Missile vs. Missile.

This is a great suggestion and I might make a missile to carry around with me next year. Thanks! :)

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

Erik The Viking posted:

So I went to GenCon this past weekend dressed as Wesker and check out who I ran into:

Unfortunately this is the only team I was able to assemble.

You look like Tim Heidecker

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Mesothelioma posted:

You look like Tim Heidecker

I had to google him because I didn't know who that was. :corsair: Thankfully I look nothing like him without the wig and my usual goatee. I of course had to shave for the costume.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Erik The Viking posted:

I had to google him because I didn't know who that was. :corsair: Thankfully I look nothing like him without the wig and my usual goatee. I of course had to shave for the costume.

Next Year: Hobo Wesker

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Seven minutes... seven minutes is all I can spare to rummage through your trash

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Ehhh. Not a whole lot.

Started back to school this summer, and I've been nursing the hell out of a big crappy project instead of just getting it done. It looks like my classes are going to interfere with my tourney participation, too. They managed to schedule a three-hour, once-a-week course to overlap with our lobby time. :catstare:

Is it a course you need? If not, ditch it. Video games are much more important than 3 hour seminars! :eng101:

I just taught my first section of a research lab in psychology today and it was my first time teaching. It was kinda fun.

On topic:

Trish makes people online soooo salty. I have a Trish/Phoenix/Morrigan team I play for fun sometimes and Trish got teabagged more than Phoenix. In fact, I don't think anyone teabagged Phoenix. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Any Storm players out there? I want to pick her up but Christ, she's kinda hard. Especially as someone who never played Marvel 2 apart from just for shits and giggles.

• Locked thread