Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Demon Hunter posted:

Why do people say that Zach Ryder is over in the WWE? Every time I have seen him come out on RAW Smackdown, the crowd is absolutely mute for him.

I always expect him to ask me to play blitzball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Endless Mike posted:

I always expect him to ask me to play blitzball.

What happened to Zack is the reason why you should never set your Overdrive to "Victor"

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

ColeM posted:

In the Mania of Wrestlemania film he says that he could retire easily but hes wrestling for fun now. This was in 2003. Basically he aint walking away from the money or fame, especially for his age.

Was that before or after his divorce? I wonder how he made out after that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
He and his second ex-wife have a charity together, so I assume they're on good terms and he didn't get gutted financially.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Miles O'Brian posted:

Nobody says that. Ryder was over in the WWE, but they did a good job of burying him in the meantime.

Yeah I don't think anyone is really claiming this. He got himself over via his webshow and then WWE decided to get him involved in a main event program when people just wanted to see him on TV being goofy mid card Zack Ryder. Then they had him lose over and over.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

HulkaMatt posted:

Yeah I don't think anyone is really claiming this. He got himself over via his webshow and then WWE decided to get him involved in a main event program when people just wanted to see him on TV being goofy mid card Zack Ryder. Then they had him lose over and over.
Every now and then they bring out Ryder and have Kane bury him, just to make sure the fans and Zack Ryder know their place. :v:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Yeah they finally had Ryder go over Kane on SmackDown! after months of jobbing to him only to have Kane destroy him last night.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
If it happened on Smackdown, did it ever really happen at all?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

triplexpac posted:

Smackdown is non-canon to RAW and anything worth happening on Smackdown will always just happen again on RAW.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

triplexpac posted:

It does if there's a SmackDown Rewind!

Last time this happened: Orton def. Christian (c) for the WHC.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Halloween Jack posted:

He and his second ex-wife have a charity together, so I assume they're on good terms and he didn't get gutted financially.

Like the Rock and his ex-wife. They're still on good terms and they're business partners now. I'm still waiting for a tell-all book about the Rock from her. He cant be that nice!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Did anyone ever report who ended up buying IWA Mid South the last time it went out of business? It almost kind of looks like CM Punk bought their tape library so he could make up the money Ian Rotten owes him by renting/selling it back over to the WWE to use for his upcoming DVD.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
If he did then he may be the businessman of the year.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Did anyone ever report who ended up buying IWA Mid South the last time it went out of business? It almost kind of looks like CM Punk bought their tape library so he could make up the money Ian Rotten owes him by renting/selling it back over to the WWE to use for his upcoming DVD.

Wikipedia says Vince Jones, Kevin Adams and Mike Miller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Wrestling_Association_Mid-South

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

ColeM posted:

Like the Rock and his ex-wife. They're still on good terms and they're business partners now. I'm still waiting for a tell-all book about the Rock from her. He cant be that nice!
There was also that :3: cancer video with Batista and his ex-wife. What's with all these WWE guys getting on with their exes so well?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
They're comprised of people who got along well anyway, but now aren't required to wait for each other to get laid.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Assuming rampant cheating and drug use doesn't come into the picture, "you travel all the time and we've grown apart" is a common basis for an amicable divorce, I think.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Halloween Jack posted:

Assuming rampant cheating and drug use doesn't come into the picture, "you travel all the time and we've grown apart" is a common basis for an amicable divorce, I think.
Which makes Cena's case weirder since he initiated it and she got Linda Hogan's attorney.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Has there ever been a storyline or character in Japan that either acted a lot like the Yakuza or blatantly said they were the Yakuza?

Bonus question: Has there ever been a mafia gimmick in America?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Spikeguy posted:

Has there ever been a storyline or character in Japan that either acted a lot like the Yakuza or blatantly said they were the Yakuza?

1. Tajiri's faction on Smackdown. They were supposed to be called the Yakuza and Tajiri nixed it out of fear of repercussions.

2. Main Event Mafia in TNA, John Cena's entrance at Wrestlemania vs. Triple H and I think WCW tried to do a Mafia thing with Johnny the Bull once.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Spikeguy posted:

I do not think there was a Yakuza gimmick in Japan since they control a bunch of th efeds. I know Tajiri refused to do one in the WWF since he was afraid for his families safety. As for the Mafia, how can you forget The Mamalukes with Big Vito, Johnny the Bull (Rellik is killer spelled backwards), and Tony Marinara.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It makes me kinda sad that Tajiri nixed the Yakuza gimmick, just because imagine him in a suit and sunglasses, Buzzsaw Kicking people who take his parking spot.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Spikeguy posted:

The Sicilians, who were the duo of Tony Altomare and the future great manager known as Lou Albano. The story is they were threatened by an actual mafia member, and they dropped the act basically immediately. They still tagged, just no more mafia gimmick.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How quickly we forget the Full Blooded Italians.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Paulocaust posted:

How quickly we forget the Full Blooded Italians.

Also, who could forget Tony Marinara?!

Johnny the Bull had a run in WWF that I've completely forgotten about. He was even Hardcore champ!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

triplexpac posted:

Johnny the Bull had a run in WWF that I've completely forgotten about. He was even Hardcore champ!

The Mamalukes had the best theme music. It was a Godfather rip off so everytime they came out you wanted to watch the Godfather, which would have been a better waste of your time. Thanks WCW of reminding me of better things.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

triplexpac posted:

For some reason, WWE had Johnny the Bull and Big Vito but never at the same time.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Man, Johnny the Bull...He literally broke his own rear end in WCW.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Perigryn posted:

Man, Johnny the Bull...He literally broke his own rear end in WCW.

According to Lance Storm, not so. He actually TORE HIS URETHRA OFF HIS BLADDER.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

:drat: And looking at his wiki entry:

quote:

While attending college in Atlanta, Georgia and working as a doorman at the Club Oxygen nightclub, Hugger exercised at the Main Event Fitness gym, which was owned by World Championship Wrestling employees Lex Luger and Sting. During one of his visits to the gym, WCW employee Diamond Dallas Page met with Hugger and encouraged him to train as a wrestler. Hugger subsequently attended the WCW Power Plant training center and took part in a $250 USD tryout alongside 19 other people. The tryout featured press ups, sprinting, squats and freestyle wrestling in temperatures of over 100 degrees. Hugger passed the tryout, but did not immediately begin training as a wrestler. Six months later, he was attacked and stabbed six times. Hugger resolved to change his lifestyle, which he believed had resulted in his assault, and enlisted in the Power Plant.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

How the hell did I forget that quote??

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Main Event Mafia wasnt actually a Mafia. Nor were the ECW FBI. The whole point of the FBI was that Guido hungout with non-Italians and claimed they were. It was a gag. Although I suppose the WWE version of the FBI probably was a Mafia inspired group ith them as bookies and everything.

WCW went full bore with Disco Inferno owing money to a mobster played by Chuck Zito so he sent his kid Tony Marinara and some muscle in Johnny and Vito to collect. That was just all the way committed.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Perigryn posted:

:drat: And looking at his wiki entry:

:drat: Johnny the Bull is loving HARDCORE.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Tajiri did kind of have a Yakuza stable with Akio & Sakoda, although it was never really explicitly said that they were Yakuza, and Tajiri was still the same Tajiri.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Nut Bunnies posted:

Tajiri did kind of have a Yakuza stable with Akio & Sakoda, although it was never really explicitly said that they were Yakuza, and Tajiri was still the same Tajiri.

Well Tajiri was afraid of pissing off the Yakuza, almost as if he knew one day he would be running a promotion that was funded by Yakuza money*.

*allegedly

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

Well Tajiri was afraid of pissing off the Yakuza, almost as if he knew one day he would be running a promotion that was funded by Yakuza money*.

*allegedly

Let's not "allege" anything. It's a puro promotion. It's almost GUARANTEED it's taken SOME money from Yakuza.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

What the gently caress is "This place is apropos and that don't mean you're digging around in the dirt with farm implements baby!" supposed to mean?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

neoaxd posted:

What the gently caress is "This place is apropos and that don't mean you're digging around in the dirt with farm implements baby!" supposed to mean?

It means that Mongo was doing a lot of cocaine back then.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

neoaxd posted:

Something about hoes?

Or potatos Im not really sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

neoaxd posted:

It means I need to take a Tylenol and lie down. Mongo hurts my brain.