Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

cheese posted:

Really? They had red, white, yellow and black to work with, and they came up with navy...

I like it, but I think it's down to the fact that I always associate national teams with a period when they were really good and that's 70s looking. It was West Germany I know, but a young Beckenbauer wouldn't look out of place in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

ZeeBoi posted:

I'm in Toronto, but online does probably sound better.

Although I'm kind of disheartened that Liverpool's new shirt is apparently bad quality. Anyone get one?
I dunno I really like mine, the quality of it is fine

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Osasuna 12/13

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Soccer Triads seems to have less selection at the moment.

What were the other recommended online places? I'm thinking of one that tons of long sleeves...

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

hadji murad posted:

Soccer Triads seems to have less selection at the moment.

What were the other recommended online places? I'm thinking of one that tons of long sleeves...
I see they're now MaxxSoccer.com after upgrading all their servers. Someone probably got sent a cease and desist.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Hoops posted:

I see they're now MaxxSoccer.com after upgrading all their servers. Someone probably got sent a cease and desist.

Soccer Triads is still up, they're doing a 15% off promo until Monday. I might pick up a couple, those new Ajax kits sure do look nice.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

TheIllestVillain posted:

Soccer Triads is still up, they're doing a 15% off promo until Monday. I might pick up a couple, those new Ajax kits sure do look nice.
Weird, my bookmark for the site goes to maxxsoccer.com. Same site and everything, just re-branded.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Hoops posted:

Weird, my bookmark for the site goes to maxxsoccer.com. Same site and everything, just re-branded.

I remember they were using the same site earlier in the year and last year, looks like they're pulling a bornprosper by holding onto several domains at the same time.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Cross posting from the Ligue 1 thread, the away shirt for Rennes is very cool this year. It's got to be one of the best Puma shirts this season.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

trem_two posted:

Cross posting from the Ligue 1 thread, the away shirt for Rennes is very cool this year. It's got to be one of the best Puma shirts this season.

If you are a fan of boring an poo poo sure.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

trem_two posted:

That is a horrible shirt and you should be ashamed of your horrible opinions.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I wouldn't go so far as to call it horrible, but it is pretty boring. It's bland and forgettable.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Shirt is alright, but they just wish they were Parma.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I see. I'm sorry, everybody.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

calcio posted:

If you are a fan of boring an poo poo sure.

"Boring as poo poo" is the highest compliment you can give to a Puma shirt.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

gently caress off wicka posted:

"Boring as poo poo" is the highest compliment you can give to a Puma shirt.

Actually, Puma owns?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

I see. I'm sorry, everybody.

I like it, but Parma did do it better.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I guess I was just in shock from seeing a nice clean design and a well integrated sponsor logo (and only one sponsor at that) on a French club's shirt.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

trem_two posted:

I guess I was just in shock from seeing a nice clean design and a well integrated sponsor logo (and only one sponsor at that) on a French club's shirt.

I will agree that is shocking to see a Puma kit that isn't riddled with gimmicks such as spikes or duct tape numbers.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
When I think of Puma kits, I think of:

Which always makes me think Puma kits are awesome and super classy.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
how can you guys call that shirt boring as gently caress and then cream your pants over liverpool's new home plain red shirt?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Mr Pepper posted:

how can you guys call that shirt boring as gently caress and then cream your pants over liverpool's new home plain red shirt?

Because the previous kits had an annoying amount of white in them and a return to an all red kit is noteworthy, as it hasn't looked that way in some time. It's not simply about it being a plain shirt.

adumb
Mar 27, 2004

innocuous metrosexual.
Lipstick Apathy
I guess that everyone forgot about this year's Palermo kits already.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

T. Mascis posted:

Because the previous kits had an annoying amount of white in them and a return to an all red kit is noteworthy, as it hasn't looked that way in some time. It's not simply about it being a plain shirt.

I like the Warrior home kit but hate the white numbers. Are they forced to go with white numbers due to EPL rules? The yellow numbers would be perfect.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

I like the Warrior home kit but hate the white numbers. Are they forced to go with white numbers due to EPL rules? The yellow numbers would be perfect.
Names/numbers are standardised, but yellow numbers would be horrendously tacky and you're mad.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Chris de Sperg posted:

Names/numbers are standardised, but yellow numbers would be horrendously tacky and you're mad.

In the world of Nike dishrag kits and duct tape Puma numbers, you think this is tacky?

I'm just saying it would match the badge and sponsor.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
West Brom have red numbers and letters on the back of their jerseys. I think it's just the font that's standardized.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

TyChan posted:

West Brom have red numbers and letters on the back of their jerseys. I think it's just the font that's standardized.
I'd think there's a FA approval thing or something, but in any case it'd end up looking like this:

and that is awful.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I think that looks a lot better than disrupting the stripes with a huge blank patch for the number and name like it is on Newcastle's current kit, for example.

As long as the ref can see it clearly, I don't know why the league should have an issue with it?

Come to think of it, why is there a standard font?

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

Chris de Sperg posted:

I'd think there's a FA approval thing or something, but in any case it'd end up looking like this:

and that is awful.

I think that's a great kit.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TyChan posted:

West Brom have red numbers because the other two options are white and black, both of which clash with their shirts.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

gently caress off wicka posted:

West Brom have red numbers because the other two options are white and black, both of which clash with their shirts.

I was trying to respond to Fooly Cooly's question.

EDIT: Interesting. This is supposedly from the Premier League's "application guide." It looks like various colors are already permitted, but I guess most clubs select white for maximum contrast.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 21, 2012

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TyChan posted:

I was responding to Fooly Cooly's question.

Oh I know, my point is that maybe the only available colors are white, black, and then red for shirts that clash with both. I am completely wrong! Thanks for posting that.

Also, I think there's a standard font because it's looks classy as gently caress.

wicka fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 21, 2012

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
My brother bought the Spurs away jersey, it is hideous. The back is specially horrible.

He also bought a Replica of the jersey Cruyff wore in '74. It's class.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

To be honest, I did see a Liverpool home kit in the wild, and it did just look like a common-or-garden red polo shirt with yellow badges.

Of course, I didn't feel the need to go up to the guy and start pulling at his shirt to see what it was made of, so ymmv.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Even in the US there must be plenty of sports shops that have the United/Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea kit in stock. Just go and touch them. The Liverpool kit feels fine to me material wise, but as I've said before I don't like the look of it anyway. I have six or seven red Liverpool tops, maybe I'll get the away this year.

I did see the third in person just yesterday. There's no getting around it, it's weird. I kinda like it but I'm not spending money on it.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

TyChan posted:

I was trying to respond to Fooly Cooly's question.

EDIT: Interesting. This is supposedly from the Premier League's "application guide." It looks like various colors are already permitted, but I guess most clubs select white for maximum contrast.

The lil PL lion inserted into each numeral has always bothered me, and I don't understand it either.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

The lil PL lion inserted into each numeral has always bothered me, and I don't understand it either.

That font is the Premier League font, no other league in the world uses it(as far as I know).

I've always wanted to see a black United kit with red numbers for some reason, I'm not sure why.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

MLS mimics the EPL numbers with a worse font and an MLS logo in the numbers. They are absolutely terrible and look like the future of the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

foobardog posted:

MLS mimics the EPL numbers with a worse font and an MLS logo in the numbers. They are absolutely terrible and look like the future of the 90s.

It looks like numbers on a computer screen from star trek: the next generation.