Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Physical posted:

Like this? :mmmhmm:

Actually that is exactly the post I was talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I appreciated the lightening of the jet fighter picture and side by side view of the guy. Yeah he should've looked back a few pages or checked the timestamp on wherever he got the news but it's not like there was massive breaking news he was pushing off the page here. At least he was talking about actual new GTA5 stuff.

metalfingers
Jul 9, 2005

hurf

They mention there that they think that new car is now called the "Cheeta", instead of the Cheetah but I was trying to figure it out myself and I think it's just the glare hiding the H. It'd leave the other letters off-centre too and "Cheeta" just sounds too cheesy for R*.

fake edit: yes i know they make penis and 69 jokes at every given opportunity but still

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

is it wrong to hope that suit man is Donald Love? Because I'd never skip a cutscene if the main character was voiced by Kyle MacLachlan :allears:

I'd really like if you'd actually start as this small time crook, perhaps even Mr. Love (who've lost his entire group) who has to build up a new empire, with more emphasis on perhaps buying stocks and making hostile takeovers.

Torching rival companies, throwing their bosses off bridges, bribing journalists into doing slanderous news stories. It'd be the coolest GTA ever!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Iacen posted:

is it wrong to hope that suit man is Donald Love?

Yes. Different game universe since GTAIV.

Some Like it Scott
Jun 25, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY JESUS!!!
SKYDIVING!

Also - could this screenshot confirm the idea of multiple protagonists, seeing as how this appears to be the one of the characters from the trailer, and also a different character than the man in the jet fighter?

Eds
May 25, 2007

Some Like it Scott posted:

SKYDIVING!

Also - could this screenshot confirm the idea of multiple protagonists, seeing as how this appears to be the one of the characters from the trailer, and also a different character than the man in the jet fighter?

Jesus, that's GORGEOUS. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to resist the urge to be swept up in the hype machine for this one.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Some Like it Scott posted:

SKYDIVING!

BAH GAWD. Consider me hyped the hell up.

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 22, 2012

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Don't get hyped over graphics! Instead imagine yourself dirt biking along those trails or cruising over that bridge in an Infernus or swooping through and doing stunts in one of the planes or.... where was I again?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Pushing people off of hills/mountains and watching euphoria do its work = money well spent.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jesus titty loving Christ.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho
This thread is the opposite of the Sim City reboot thread.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Holy gently caress. Countryside confirmed? Multiple main characters confirmed?!

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/img/global/screenshots/V-7-1280.jpg

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 22, 2012

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Was just about to post the tennis court and bike pics, I want this now.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
Can we just see gameplay? Please? :negative:

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Rumor: November 23rd release date.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/8734/article/gta-5-release-date-leaked-by-zavvi-com-report/

Take with a grain of salt.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:
The trailer was cool as were the screenshots, but until you show me gameplay, I can't help but feel like this is going to be another GTA 4

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

The trailer was cool as were the screenshots, but until you show me gameplay, I can't help but feel like this is going to be another GTA 4

We have bikes, planes, and parachuting confirmed with amazing looking environments. They've shown enough to prove this isn't 'another GTA 4'.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:

Making some small research about this, apparently the CV of some GTA employers had a "project finished for October", so it would make sense if it were just slightly delayed to November, its a worthwhile rumor that blows all the other dumb leaks out the water.

Its probably false too, though, I can't see it happening, why wouldn't a date like that be announced 3 months prior?

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

I loved GTA 4. :colbert:

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

In the first few shots we already have stuff that wasn't even IN 4. You know, like a country side, mountains, bikes, dirt bikes? All signs point to a complete return to form, from the exciting and rumbustious color palette to the hinted multiple protagonists.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
The loving pc port on this better be fantastic or I'm going to be pissed. No way could I get this on console if it can look that good.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012

The Dave posted:

We have bikes, planes, and parachuting confirmed with amazing looking environments. They've shown enough to prove this isn't 'another GTA 4'.

GTA 4 failed in a lot more departments than vehicular variety, and GTA 4 also had amazing looking environments (which are still amazing to look at to this day, to its credit)

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Tennis minigame: confirmed!

Seriously though, these screenshots are loving awesome. Can't wait to see what else they have in store for us this week :f5:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

GTA 4 failed in a lot more departments than vehicular variety, and GTA 4 also had amazing looking environments (which are still amazing to look at to this day, to its credit)

Sure they were amazing to look at, but it was still a bit stale. The third act was just an uninteresting, bland mess. I already know I can ride a bike up a mountain and parachute off of it in GTAV, that's a big difference.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Even if Rockstar themselves said November 23 I wouldn't believe it, still a lot of things that could make them say "oops we need more time how about Spring 2013"

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Making some small research about this, apparently the CV of some GTA employers had a "project finished for October", so it would make sense if it were just slightly delayed to November, its a worthwhile rumor that blows all the other dumb leaks out the water.

Its probably false too, though, I can't see it happening, why wouldn't a date like that be announced 3 months prior?

Remember when they revealed Vice City in June and we got the game in October?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
If its out in only three months well drat they kept a tight lid on it. Its looking a bit more likely to be so than it was before but I still think its going to be at the least six months before its released.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Oh dear. I haven't been this hyped for a game in years, probably since GTA III itself. I'm sitting at work daydreaming about this game like I'm back in grade ten math class doodling drivebys. Absolutely completely stoked.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Maybe they're going for a record; how short a time can they hype and release a game, and still smash sales records.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Yup, they're in full-on marketing mode now. My body is ready for the pain R*. Make it count please.

PS: On the official GTAV site they've got 3 more blank slots for more screens/whatevers down the bottom. dis gon be goooood.

Sir Xiphos fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 22, 2012

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

nemoulette posted:

That's something I thought of lately. I recently played through GTA III again and I've been doing TBoGT again the last few weeks and it struck me how much more I had the GTA III Liberty City memorized than the IV version (despite having played it in three different games/story lines). Being able to take cabs and especially having the waypoint system is very helpful, but there was something wonderful about being forced to know where everything in III was.

One of my best/worst memories of III and Vice City was when a mission started with a nasty time limit, or ended by hanging you with a ton of stars, pausing the game, and sloooooowly looking through the in-game map, checking that against the paper copy that you had marked-up with where police bribes and body armor were located, carefully planning a route that would get you safe and sound, unpausing, and instantly having that plan ruined by a piece of poo poo Landstalker cutting in front of you. :argh:

Edit: Oh hey, new page, new screenshots. This is looking gorgeous.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
People jump to :siren:CONFIRM:siren: stuff very quickly. I remember one of the GTA4 hype threads after a trailer was posted people were saying kicking down locked doors and storing guns in the boot of a car was confirmed.

And I'd be amazed if November was the release date, that seems very soon for such a huge game. I'd think April/May next year seems more realistic.

Still excited for the game though, and I was one of those apparent weirdos who enjoyed GTA4 the whole way through. :)

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
I have yet to see more characters than our good old middle-aged business man gone Soprano. What screenshot or trailer even remotely suggests multiple different characters?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I have yet to see more characters than our good old middle-aged business man gone Soprano. What screenshot or trailer even remotely suggests multiple different characters?

-the only trailer that's been released

-that picture of the guy skidiving/the other picture of a different guy in a jet

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012

The Walrus posted:

-the only trailer that's been released

-that picture of the guy skidiving/the other picture of a different guy in a jet

The guy sky-diving, the guy in the trailer and the guy in the jet look like the exact same guy to me

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Spalec posted:

People jump to :siren:CONFIRM:siren: stuff very quickly. I remember one of the GTA4 hype threads after a trailer was posted people were saying kicking down locked doors and storing guns in the boot of a car was confirmed.

And I'd be amazed if November was the release date, that seems very soon for such a huge game. I'd think April/May next year seems more realistic.

Still excited for the game though, and I was one of those apparent weirdos who enjoyed GTA4 the whole way through. :)

Supposedly Take-Two confirmed it'd be released before the end of the fiscal year, which is March of 2013, so I guess it has to be before then? Not that it necessarily means anything, nor do I know where that information comes from, but whatever. Come onnn November date.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The guy sky-diving, the guy in the trailer and the guy in the jet look like the exact same guy to me

Admittedly I'd say there's some room for error, but the picture of the guy parachuting into the canyon seems to feature a black/hispanic guy, and other posters have said he matches another, non-suitdude character from the trailer. I don't remember well enough to confirm/deny that offhand.

edit: then again, the motorcycle/pedalbike shots seem to feature even more people (different builds at least, anyway) so I wouldn't put it past rockstar to just be doing model swaps for promo material to keep people guessing. Nobody really knows, I guess, but it's fun to speculate!

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
There was a black guy running away from cops and walking in a few shots, now that you mention it, he might be the one on the bike too. (Hard to tell in both times, he's either too far away or not seen from the front)

Multiple characters in a sandbox game, huh? That'd be something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Multiple characters in a sandbox game, huh? That'd be something.

Oh man, what I wouldn't give for a ten-hour long sandbox game in the vein of Alpha Protocol. Something along the lines of the diamond heist missions from the GTA IV games, except you only get one perspective on each playthrough depending on what character you're playing as. It'll never happen but it would be so good

• Locked thread