Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Sorry, I meant at start up. The 'copyright bethesda' stuff before the main menu actually loads, is where it crashes. I deactivated lombard station, and it's still doing it. I've been using FOMM for all the mod instillation, and used the configator for tweaking stuff, instead of editing the .ini myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bash Ironfist posted:

Sorry, I meant at start up. The 'copyright bethesda' stuff before the main menu actually loads, is where it crashes. I deactivated lombard station, and it's still doing it. I've been using FOMM for all the mod instillation, and used the configator for tweaking stuff, instead of editing the .ini myself.

Interesting. I also noticed that you have all of the Mojave Radio Extended plugins. You are only supposed to use one: Whichever one matches the number of songs you are using. So, if you have 80 of the 100 songs loaded, only use the 80.esp. I want to say the same thing can be said for ST Traits and Perks: You either use the originals, or the "Crunch" versions. I'm not sure about the NVSE variant, either.

Basically, it looks like a lot of things are active that shouldn't be. They may not be responsible for the immediate CTD, but it doesn't bode well for your loadout. I'd suggest disabling everything and confirming that the game doesn't CTD. That way, you can be sure that the issue is due to your load order and not, say, your .ini.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Interesting. I also noticed that you have all of the Mojave Radio Extended plugins. You are only supposed to use one: Whichever one matches the number of songs you are using. So, if you have 80 of the 100 songs loaded, only use the 80.esp. I want to say the same thing can be said for ST Traits and Perks: You either use the originals, or the "Crunch" versions. I'm not sure about the NVSE variant, either.

Basically, it looks like a lot of things are active that shouldn't be. They may not be responsible for the immediate CTD, but it doesn't bode well for your loadout. I'd suggest disabling everything and confirming that the game doesn't CTD. That way, you can be sure that the issue is due to your load order and not, say, your .ini.

I disabled everything, and it works. I got rid of the crunch stuff, and the other plugins besides the 100. I think I might just have to activate them one at a time and see which one it is.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bash Ironfist posted:

I disabled everything, and it works. I got rid of the crunch stuff, and the other plugins besides the 100. I think I might just have to activate them one at a time and see which one it is.

Do the binary method. It beats disabling mods one-by-one. Disable half of your mods and repeat until you can track down the culprit.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Do the binary method. It beats disabling mods one-by-one. Disable half of your mods and repeat until you can track down the culprit.

Well I can only select one mod to activate at a time. Is there an option to change that?

edit: Vvv oh, I see what you're saying now. Thanks!

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 21, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Bash Ironfist posted:

Well I can only select one mod to activate at a time. Is there an option to change that?

What? No. I'm saying that you enable only half of your mods from FOMM, start the game up, and see if the problem (CTD) persists. IF it doesn't, you can conclude that the problem isn't with this half. So you exit, disable those mods, and enable the other half. Hopefully you CTD, so you can confirm the problem is with this second set. Exit, disable half of that half, and repeat. People seem to go through and try to narrow down problematic mods by loading them, one at a time.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Looks like the cause is The Armory Caliber X patch. I'll keep that disabled, thanks for the help Cream.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Bash Ironfist posted:

Looks like the cause is The Armory Caliber X patch. I'll keep that disabled, thanks for the help Cream.

orly. That's unsupported now anyhow. The dudes who were keeping it up to date have stopped.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Police Automaton, how did you get the OBGE shaders to load in effect.txt with ENB? I'd like to try out a few other shader effects from OBGE but none of them seem to work.

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 22, 2012

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Is it normal for CCO to use so like every patch with PN and jsawyer? Is there a recommended load order for this stuff? Mine currently looks like this:
code:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
[X] CCO - Classic Perks.esm
[X] CCO - Follower Tweaks.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
[ ] AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne WME.esp
[ ] AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
[X] CCO - Perk Rebalance.esp
[X] CCO - Perk Rebalance - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] CCO - Perk Rebalance - Dead Money.esp
[X] CCO - Perk Rebalance - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] CCO - Perk Rebalance - Old World Blues.esp
[X] CCO - Raul Crafting Add-on.esp
[X] CCO - Rex Fetch Add-on.esp
[X] CCO - Follower Sneak Attacks Add-on.esp
[X] CCO - FT OWB Patch.esp
[X] CCO - FT HH Patch.esp
[X] CCO - FT DM Patch.esp
[X] CCO - FT LR Patch.esp
[X] CCO - PR PN Patch.esp
[X] CCO - CP PN Patch.esp
[X] CCO - CP DM Patch.esp
[X] CCO - CP OWB Patch.esp
[X] CCO - CP LR Patch.esp
[X] CCO - CP PN Core Patch.esp
[X] CCO - CP OWB PN Patch.esp
[X] CCO - CP PN Equipment Patch.esp
[X] CCO - CP PN Rebalance Patch.esp
[X] CCO - GC PN Rebalance Patch.esp
[X] CCO - Damage Resistance.esp
[X] CCO - DR DM Patch.esp
[X] CCO - DR HH Patch.esp
[X] CCO - DR OWB Patch.esp
[X] CCO - DR LR Patch.esp
[X] CCO - DR PN Patch.esp
[X] jsawyer.esp
[X] CCO - CP JSawyer Patch.esp
[X] CCO - GC JSawyer Patch.esp

Traveller In Time
Apr 4, 2009

You got anything to eat? I haven't eaten anything since later this afternoon.
Yes, it's normal. Cirosan gave some insight into load order a page or two back.

However, you shouldn't be using

CCO - CP PN Core Patch.esp
CCO - CP PN Equipment Patch.esp
CCO - CP PN Rebalance Patch.esp

since you are already using 'CCO - CP PN', which encompasses those three. 'CCO - CP PN' is for if you're using the entire Project Nevada suite along with Classic Perks. Those other three are only if you're using some of PN.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Traveller In Time posted:

since you are already using 'CCO - CP PN', which encompasses those three. 'CCO - CP PN' is for if you're using the entire Project Nevada suite along with Classic Perks. Those other three are only if you're using some of PN.

okay, thanks, rad. Got my UI mods installed and set up, and now for WME and it's PN patches. Hopefully, this won't break everything. i'm glad that i can export/import load orders because BOSS likes to jumble up the CCO stuff sometimes and it's infuriating.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

What if you're not using the Rebalance portion of PN, but you're using everything else?

Traveller In Time
Apr 4, 2009

Then you should just use

but not 'CCO - CP PN', or 'CCO - CP PN Rebalance'.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

So what's the current consensus on Beyond Boulder Dome, is it any good in its current state?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
DarnUi's little vault dweller it adds to bottom right corner of the intro screens/ESC menu is the best thing. He needs like a little thumbs up cause he's like "Hey your game won't crash"

edit:
http://pastebin.com/QwxUUdMU

Current load order. For whatever reason, it's crashing whenever i try to open up my pipboy. Before that, when ever I try to open a container, the little opening animation plays but no actual menu comes up. The containers and pipboy worked fine in Doc Mitchells house, but out of that their like "that's not happening."

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 22, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

The Droid posted:

So what's the current consensus on Beyond Boulder Dome, is it any good in its current state?

I have heard pretty glowing reviews of the gameplay, itself, but pretty poor reception of the ending.

bee burger
Nov 4, 2011
The NMC texture pack is an intense pain in the rear end to install. I downloaded it twice and both times some random part of one of the huge archives didn't get downloaded right. Is it worth the effort? I wish the guy would mirror it somewhere that isn't a huge pile of poo poo (New Vegas Nexus :arghfist:) or put a torrent up, though I guess I can understand not wanting to host 4 GB of pictures of dirt and houses.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

NMC looks pretty loving incredible. Not everything is done, but what is looks great.

Traveller In Time
Apr 4, 2009

So I just recently suffered from a major bout of crashing issues due to the Strip Open mod. Any time I would try to sleep after activating it I would just crash. I have no idea why sleeping would cause the crashes, but after lots of painful testing it was definitely that mod that caused the issue.

For those who use it when exactly did you activate it? I activated mine right after entering and talking to Victor and then going straight to the Tops to find Benny.

That's a lot of mods, dude. I would hesitate to run a setup even a quarter that size without a bashed patch, or even a merged patch.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So I just recently suffered from a major bout of crashing issues due to the Strip Open mod. Any time I would try to sleep after activating it I would just crash. I have no idea why sleeping would cause the crashes, but after lots of painful testing it was definitely that mod that caused the issue.

For those who use it when exactly did you activate it? I activated mine right after entering and talking to Victor and then going straight to the Tops to find Benny.

Using a mod that alters the places you have already been to will often do that. I seem to remember that it might also affect quests.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

I've been trying to get into the Followers Safehouse, but as soon as I try to enter I get a CTD (this is my first time trying to get into the building). I've tried using coc to get into it that way, and tried teleporting myself to the npc that sometimes goes there, both result in a crash. I've already reinstalled all my mods yesterday for a different issue so I don't fewel like doing that again straight away.

Load Order: http://pastebin.com/W3Ef3CSW

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

The Droid posted:

Seconding.

Can't speak to the ending, I'm only about ?60%? through. LOTS to explore, a gazillion sub quests, wacky characters, poignant characters, backstory (to an extent), companions (temporary, I'm assuming), and Death Squads. How can you go wrong with Death Squads?

Is it a full, unofficial DLC as I've heard it referenced? Not quite, but drat close.

Also I love my fake mustache you can buy from a trader.

Not really a spoiler, but wouldn't want to start a goonrush to collect those sweet, sweet fake mustaches
::toot::

Madfez
May 13, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I just installed The Ultimate Edition and everything seems to be working out alright except for one thing. It looks like poo poo. I've got NMCs Texture Pack installed using the medium resolution and it doesn't seem to be showing up.

I've got archive invalidation invalidated installed and running. Any ideas why they're not showing up?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Make sure you have your texture quality set in the launcher to "High".

Madfez
May 13, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I realised they were in fact showing up but I've just been spoiled by Skyrim textures.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
It's a tradeoff. With Fallout: New Vegas you get a good game that looks like poo poo while with Skyrim you get a poo poo game that looks good.

I'm exaggerating, of course, but you get the point.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

That's a lot of mods, dude. I would hesitate to run a setup even a quarter that size without a bashed patch, or even a merged patch.

Is there a good guide or tutorial for making either of those?

EDIT: I disabled and uninstalled some stuff and the game isn't broken crash happy anymore. Well it's still crash happy, but no more than usual for New Vegas.

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 22, 2012

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010
I installed lombard station a while back, and holy poo poo it's amazing. My favorite part about it are the walls filled with guns that gives a James Bondy vibe.

Although I've had problem with a little bug. I walked into some of the guns on the wall, and they fell off. I couldn't grab them or pick them up, so I tried removing them from the wall via chest thingy and putting them back up, and that didn't work either.
I would really prefer not to reload saves, because there was a time period between when it actually happened and when I noticed it.
Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

Is there a good guide or tutorial for making either of those?

To make a Merged Patch, download FNVEdit, let it run its background loader, then click the "Create a Merged Patch" option on the context menu (which can be found by right clicking on the list of esms and esps). Pretty simple process, really.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
edit: nevermind

The Man From Melmac fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 22, 2012

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
Okay, I think I got this figured out.

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
CCO - Classic Perks.esm
CCO - Follower Tweaks.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
jsawyer.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Honest Hearts.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Dead Money.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Lonesome Road.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance - Old World Blues.esp
CCO - Damage Resistance.esp
CCO - Follower Sneak Attacks Add-on.esp
CCO - Raul Crafting Add-on.esp
CCO - Rex Fetch Add-on.esp
CCO - CP DM Patch.esp
CCO - CP OWB Patch.esp
CCO - CP LR Patch.esp
CCO - CP OWB PN Patch.esp
CCO - FT DM Patch.esp
CCO - FT HH Patch.esp
CCO - FT OWB Patch.esp
CCO - FT LR Patch.esp
CCO - PR PN Patch.esp
CCO - DR DM Patch.esp
CCO - DR HH Patch.esp
CCO - DR OWB Patch.esp
CCO - DR LR Patch.esp
CCO - DR PN Patch.esp
CCO - CP JSawyer Patch.esp
CCO - GC JSawyer Patch.esp

All are marked active. The intent is to have CCO, PN, and JSawyer. PN was installed without Rebalance. JSawyer is installed but CCO Perks take precedent.

Did I do this correctly?

The Man From Melmac fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 22, 2012

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sit by the campfire and have a nice bowl of Stewed Stu or Chuck's Prime Ribs. Just be careful you don't contract Kuru or Mad Cow and you'll be cooking with gas Issei Sagawa.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47591

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Upmarket Mango posted:

Police Automaton, how did you get the OBGE shaders to load in effect.txt with ENB? I'd like to try out a few other shader effects from OBGE but none of them seem to work.

Most of them are fashioned in a specific way and draw on stuff OBGE is providing, so they need to be rewritten/modified. For some (mostly the full-screen-effect shaders that change colors etc.) the rewrite often is simple enough, (changing of a few variables etc.) others are pretty much impossible to implement because enbseries .dll doesn't really provide enough in the way of data about the game. If you're eyeing really fancy things like OGSE's SSIL etc. then it's pretty much impossible.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 22, 2012

Madfez
May 13, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Is there a way to slow down my sprint speed? It's way too fast and looks/feels ridiculous.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Have there ever been any decent mods for super powers - whether traits, weapons, whatever? I'd love to whip through the game as a mutant that can do crazy things like telekenesis, but the extent of what I can find are Naruto mods.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Yeah, I totally wanna get my kamehameha on. Actually, in all seriousness, I'd be shocked if that wasn't already made for Skyrim yet (haven't looked, won't bother to).

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

Bash Ironfist posted:

Okay, something is causing my game to crash, not sure what.

Had a similiar issue, deactivating the Armory CaliberX Patch did it for me. I wasn't using CaliberX, and it seems, neither are you.

e: probably should've f5'ed before posting..

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

aeverous posted:

Had a similiar issue, deactivating the Armory CaliberX Patch did it for me. I wasn't using CaliberX, and it seems, neither are you.

e: probably should've f5'ed before posting..

Yep, you kinda need CaliberX to use the CaliberX patch...

(for the record I think CaliberX is a piece of poo poo and that's why I don't maintain or update that plugin)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
I'm playing this game again and I'm starting to remember why I thought it was better than Fallout 3. Then I also started to remember why I prefer Fallout 3 a lot more than New Vegas. This game just loves to crash. This used to happen back when I first got the game (I got it when they offered a pip-boy for TF2). I am absolutely clueless as to why it crashes. It only ever seems to crash after I've been playing for about 30 minutes. Here's my load order, is there anything on here that's known to cause instability?

* indicates pre-lonesome road mod that I haven't updated because nexus doesn't want to load and I'm lazy

Rick's Load Order posted:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
*FNVToolkit.esm <-- I don't know what this is
*rePopulated Wasteland.esm
*MoMod.esm
*Survivalist Bunker.esm
Lings.esm
*FatigueWeaponsFix.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
JRougeRangerCoats4Free.esp
*FactionIDCards.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
*Sprint Mod.esp
*ASG.esp <-- I don't know what this is but I'm marking it with an * anyway
Spud.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode3.esp
Geonox_Riot_Armor.esp
GWM1911.esp
JillBSAA.esp
JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp
MoraelinsProfessionalsSuitMod.esp
*Tailor Maid - NV.esp
*LingsPrettyThings.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
*TWO BEARS HIGHFIVING.esp
*EVE FNV.esp
*SimpleStreetLights.esp
*SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Western Sky.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
*Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp
*ILO-RI-Dead Money.esp
*ILO-RI-Honest Hearts.esp
*ILO-RI-PipBoy Light.esp
*BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
PancorJH.esp
FNVMerge.esp

Total active plugins: 41
Total plugins: 43

I also have NMC textures downloaded (small) but, I believe my computer is good enough to handle it. I'm running a GTX 560, 2.6 Quad Core, and 4GB of RAM (FNV4GB is running of course).