Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I imagine they're universally hated by each city's inhabitants as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fixed Gear Guy
Oct 21, 2010

In a ketchup factory. A sexy ketchup factory.

Slim Pickens posted:

I imagine they're universally hated by each city's inhabitants as well?
Yes and in Philly the incompetent operators even kill innocent tourists! I think they're fun because the whole piece of poo poo is full of fat idiot tourists, just ripe for being hosed with. You can do such goofy/zany crap to get their attention and bother them and the stupid guide keeps on going. That is, until he realizes he is sailing right onto an oil barge and you sink (true story).

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

nsaP posted:

What're you on about?

Just joshing y'all for arguing semantics in this thread again, and the joke fit the challenge

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Cycle Asylum > Riding Game: Do I Win?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Okay, so I wasn't brave enough to actually get my knee down while rolling on 35 year old weather cracked rubber, so this is about as close as I could get. The kickstand was not happy.

And here is me actually getting a knee down with a slightly newer Suzuki.

New challenge: :siren: YOUR BIKE IN A TRUCK :siren:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Taken three months ago, so carry on.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

The day I bought my bike:

(also doesn't count)

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Simkin posted:

Could someone with a truck get this? I asked this dude i saw when riding if i could put my bike in his truck and he gave me a weird look.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Cycle Asylum > Riding Game: Do I Win?
Your reading comprehension is pretty bad... Neither of us asked if we won, we both thought our ideas met the challenge till we saw them.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

Your reading comprehension is pretty bad... Neither of us asked if we won, we both thought our ideas met the challenge till we saw them.

your memory of this entire thread is pretty bad.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

your memory of this entire thread is pretty bad.
you didn't read again....

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Simkin posted:

In the interest of moving things along so you guys stop bitching this is my little bike in my brothers truck.

Comedy option, my golf playing truck with a SV650 in the back

:siren:Your bike breaking the law:siren: - Have a nice golf course nearby? Or maybe a stay off lawn sign somewhere? Or a handicap spot?

Please avoid crashing and dying trying to get a picture of yourself breaking the speed limit.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 8, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

you didn't read again....

:ironicat:

sure i did

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

NitroSpazzz posted:

:siren:Your bike breaking the law:siren: - Have a nice golf course nearby? Or maybe a stay off lawn sign somewhere? Or a handicap spot?

Please avoid crashing and dying trying to get a picture of yourself breaking the speed limit.

Please especially follow the second guideline.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Also, edit out identifying information.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
I wonder if you can get handicapped plates for a motorcycle.

:siren:Your bike with a horse crossing sign:siren:

Horse crossing signs frighten me.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Don't have any of those nearby, but tons of Texas gates. Do those scare you too?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Strife posted:

Yes you can, there is one at work whenever the weather is nice for riding. Guy has a lot of trouble getting around but loves his bike.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Where I live the disabled tag isn't a plate per say, it's a placard and it goes with the user, not the vehicle.

In theory, there would be no reason why it couldn't go with a bike here at least.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I thought about putting the disabled hang-tag on my bike when I was riding but still had to walk with a cane. Never wound up doing it, though.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Safety Dance posted:

I thought about putting the disabled hang-tag on my bike when I was riding but still had to walk with a cane. Never wound up doing it, though.

Depending on where you live, that would be stolen in .002 seconds.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

CloFan posted:

Depending on where you live, that would be stolen in .002 seconds.

Yeah, that was concern number 1. Number 2 was the fact that the temporary tags are just stiff paper, and would probably blow away.

Shanky
Jan 22, 2002

Strife posted:

This is from a couple years ago. But I assume it was the first handicap motorcycle plate in Colorado. Saw it at a library. Also note the snow on the ground.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Strife posted:

:siren:Your bike with a horse crossing sign:siren:

Horse crossing signs frighten me.

I'd have a good one for this if I still had a bike. Since I won't for a while still, anyone near London check out Wellington arch.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.
On a steel horse I ride.

Next Challenge: :siren:Take your bike to some train tracks:siren: On them, next to them, near them while a train passes but get your bike out there on the rails.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Here ya go

:siren:at a roadside market

Seen a few of them today

Ed: doesn't have to be a big market, just someone selling produce or canned stuff is what i mean

nsaP fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 11, 2012

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I rode out to a horse farm, but I couldn't find any horse crossing signs.

I did tear apart the carb on that bike for the second time, however, and it runs now, so the day wasn't a total loss.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Arise zombie thread!

loving shady rear end dealers of corn. There's a region in southern Alberta that apparently has tasty corn, so every lazy oval office puts out his shingle purporting to sell the stuff, even if it's coming from somewhere completely different. Ah well. It's about as close as you get in Edmonton to a roadside market, without just hitting up one of the eleventy billion strip malls.

:siren: YOUR BIKE BESIDE THE STUPIDEST SCULPTURE IN YOUR CITY* :siren:

*can be stupid for artistic/political/geographical reasons

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Simkin posted:

:siren: YOUR BIKE BESIDE THE STUPIDEST SCULPTURE IN YOUR CITY* :siren:

*can be stupid for artistic/political/geographical reasons

I present to you the very large, but not otherwise imaginative or impressive "54 Columns."

"Commissioned by fulton County Arts council, this minimalist structure by renowned artist Sol LeWitt integrates art and architecture.  The work comprised of 54 concrete pillars ranging in height from 10 to 20 feet and arranged in a triangular layout references the urban environment and atlanta’s skyline."

Boy was that fun.

Okay folks, your next challenge: :siren:Take a picture with your bike and your grade/high school sweetheart!:siren:

If the challenge is not completed by 8/27, it can be downgraded to grade/high school friend.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
This one has already been finished, but I wanted to post this picture because seriously, what the gently caress?

This is in the middle of a park near the police station in Raynham, MA. Now, I don't know if the dude who chiseled this thing had never seen a dolphin or if he was making some kind of artistic statement, but last I checked, their fins weren't situated all around the front of their body like some kind of fuckin' water propeller. And it's just randomly there in the middle of this big mulch patch. I don't know if it's supposed to be a bench or a plaything or a landmark or what.

Man, drat.

Bonus:

matwick
Aug 27, 2004

GREAT SCOTT!!
^ Is that your High School sweetheart, Strife?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

matwick posted:

^ Is that your High School sweetheart, Strife?

Unfortunately my high school girlfriend was probably a lot less fun than a concrete dolphin.

Although now she probably weighs more than a concrete dolphin, so, zing.

Fixed Gear Guy
Oct 21, 2010

Can we get extra creeper/goon points for taking a photo of our bike in front of the HOUSE of a high school sweetheart? Because I don't actually talk to any of them.

*Note I would not actually do this you creepy fucks.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

I'm married to my high school sweetheart, so this shouldn't be a problem when she gets off work.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Caveat should be something harder if you're in relationship. Like seductive poses or something else creepy.

Fixed Gear Guy
Oct 21, 2010

slidebite posted:

Caveat should be something harder if you're in relationship. Like seductive poses or something else creepy.
tits on gas tank, heels on seat cowl. Always.

Fake edit: this video always cracks me up. The chick is soooo uncomfortable and somehow finds the weirdest loving poses. The kids playing in the park in the background always get me too.

Fixed Gear Guy fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 22, 2012

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

slidebite posted:

Nah, gently caress that. If you married your high school sweetheart, rock the gently caress on. Seductive poses are worth bonus points though.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Fixed Gear Guy posted:

tits on gas tank, heels on seat cowl. Always.

Fake edit: this video always cracks me up. The chick is soooo uncomfortable and somehow finds the weirdest loving poses. The kids playing in the park in the background always get me too.

How do you put your tits on the tank and heels on the seat cowl at the same time? I'm can't figure out the pose you're suggesting. That video is hilarious. "Yeah, honey, now frown at the camera and give me that look you give when you want to kill me! Hot!"

Fixed Gear Guy
Oct 21, 2010

Day Man posted:

How do you put your tits on the tank and heels on the seat cowl at the same time? I'm can't figure out the pose you're suggesting. That video is hilarious. "Yeah, honey, now frown at the camera and give me that look you give when you want to kill me! Hot!"

You have to be as skinny as a crackhead to pull it off. Really I have no idea what I'm taking about, I just got out of a BRC classroom session as part of RiderCoach shadowing and my brain is fried.

But yeah that video is amazing. I love how they totally demoralize her by making her lay on the ground. And then that dude rubs his had all over her. The best part is that the end photos still suck from a lighting and compositional standpoint regardless of her sourface.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, those pictures looked like garbage. It doesn't look like he even attempted to change anything in post. I wouldn't be surprised if he shoots in auto mode and has no idea what a raw file is.

*buys $5,000 camera* look, I'm a photographer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Highschool sweetheart huh? That's easy. :smug:

:siren:New challenge, post a picture of a cool pet you have on your bike. Typical Pets like Cats and Dogs and a goldfish or w/e don't count. I want to see an alligator or something. :siren:

Minty Swagger fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 23, 2012

• Locked thread