Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

General Maximus posted:

Last I checked the new dom set has no recharge at all, unless they changed it.

It doesn't, the bonuses are pretty blah for that set.

Defenders, Corruptors, and Kheldians (lol) get a nice 3-piece recharge bonus, though (6.25% before catalysis)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
6.25%s are pretty worthless on those when Decimation and Posi Blast are like the only good ranged damage and targeted AOE sets so you'll invariably be maxed out.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

OneEightHundred posted:

The beast MM to plant controller ratio from this patch is Way Too Many to Not Nearly Enough.

I called it, Nature is the other half of every furry/woodland/moon goddess/vampire RPer's dream build.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Pez posted:

I called it, Nature is the other half of every furry/woodland/moon goddess/vampire RPer's dream build.

Or even better, a Beast/Nature MM with a grudge against Homeowners associations. Using his wildlife command and weed growing skills to just RUIN lawns everywhere!

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Section Z posted:

Or even better, a Beast/Nature MM with a grudge against Homeowners associations. Using his wildlife command and weed growing skills to just RUIN lawns everywhere!

All Beast henchmen get the ability to leave a fat dump everywhere they go.

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!
Bah, I'm loving retarded and accidentally deleted the tab I had Goonsquad in, which apparently drops you out of the channel. Can somebody toss a reinvite to @Thessaliayay thanks spacepope (even though I hardly ever talk because I'm kind of shy and quiet, I should do something about that :ohdear:) Thanks!

Neena fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 22, 2012

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

You have to be unhidden to be invited, it seems.

Edit: Dealt with!

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 22, 2012

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!
:argh: Game keeps loving around with my hide options at random even though I keep turning them off, awesome. Anyway, thanks Popers :3:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Neena posted:

:argh: Game keeps loving around with my hide options at random even though I keep turning them off, awesome. Anyway, thanks Popers :3:
Hide options are per character and not account wide. Though, I would not be surprised if it was still loving with you. Or if something like 'if the last person you logged in with was set to hide from globals, you cant have an invite sent' was true.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Section Z posted:

So tempted to actually make this character now, but I know I'd hate playing it.

And regarding the hide fuckery, there used to be a bug where if you set some of the options on one character then turned them off on another, they didn't turn off properly until you logged back on the original character and turned them off there. I don't know if it was ever fixed.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Apparently the funny pictures thread found a pic of Wizard Lord IRL

I will forever see this face when I read one of his bios.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

OneEightHundred posted:

6.25%s are pretty worthless on those when Decimation and Posi Blast are like the only good ranged damage and targeted AOE sets so you'll invariably be maxed out.

I'd imagine that whatever the bonus is after catalyzing (7.5%? 8.75%? I haven't checked) is significantly harder to max out though.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Neena posted:

That's been happening to me for a couple of years now, I never realize until tommy yells at me for being hidden.

As for being shy in Goonsquad, no need. Yell out "dicks" every now and then and you'll fit right in

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
If you dont create at least three moments of uncomfortable silence in the channel when you take the joke too far with homosexual innuendo per play session I would argue you arent playing CoH correctly.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hi posted:

If you dont create at least three moments of uncomfortable silence in the channel when you take the joke too far with homosexual innuendo per play session I would argue you arent playing CoH correctly.

I've really been slipping lately. I haven't been quoted for a channel MOTD for weeks :(

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Slung Blade posted:

I've really been slipping lately. I haven't been quoted for a channel MOTD for weeks :(

Well I tried just putting imgur links in the MOTD and it didn't seem to have the same effect.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Well I tried just putting imgur links in the MOTD and it didn't seem to have the same effect.

that's because everyone already saw what you're likely posting pictures of

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

city of timely political references

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

minimalist posted:

city of timely political references

You cannot "Go Bananas" from Legitimate Ape. The chances are millions in millions. It's just not a real world scenario.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

That's beautiful

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011

The latest in bios.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
You can usually find me in my secret impenetrable lair, pouring over ancient tomes of archaic knowledge so byzantine it would drive your pathetic mortal mind insane to even glimpse the words written within them. Unless I'm the D hitting on million year old vampires that just look like 12 year old girls that may or may not have shape shifting genitalia. Dont judge me mortal, I am the wizard lord!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'm really starting to like this guy.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Hi posted:

You can usually find me in my secret impenetrable lair, pouring over ancient tomes of archaic knowledge so byzantine it would drive your pathetic mortal mind insane to even glimpse the words written within them. Unless I'm the D hitting on million year old vampires that just look like 12 year old girls that may or may not have shape shifting genitalia. Dont judge me mortal, I am the wizard lord!

He actually seems to be in DA most of the time.

I've also made a habit of having my magical blueside alts go gaga over the prescence of the illustrious wizard lord.

That reminds me, maybe we should lord it up ourselves. City of -Lords.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dinictus posted:

He actually seems to be in DA most of the time.

I've also made a habit of having my magical blueside alts go gaga over the prescence of the illustrious wizard lord.

That reminds me, maybe we should lord it up ourselves. City of -Lords.
That would be awesome.

None shall survive the wrath of SPIN LORD! Master of Whirlwind!... See, it works! Both teammate and enemy alike are repelled by my spin mastery!

Spin lord is so alone... :negative:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

I call Meat Lord, 2nd most powerful Master of Meat.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Bieeardo posted:

I'm really starting to like this guy.

Yeah. As silly as it all is, wizard lord makes me smile. It's just so ridiculous and over the top.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Dibs on Lord Lord.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Dibs on Landlord.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dibs on Time Lord.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

that's probably taken, there's a badge named that

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

God drat I hated this game. The trick is if it ever takes longer than 25 minutes to do a mission I just hit Self Destruction and don't rez.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Dinictus posted:

Dibs on Landlord.

Curse you! :argh: I'll make a chicken named Gizzard Lord

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Pubbies Flip Out Over the Stupidest Goddamn poo poo, Episode #274,902:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=295150

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Man, I almost posted that same thread in here an hour ago, it's crazy how angry they're getting.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

I know, right? The progression of those threads is fascinating, yet predictable at the same time. It's like some twisted ecological cycle.

Samuel Tow or Techbot Alpha spergs out over something inconsequential. Somewhat inoffensive beginning, but they've sown the seeds of discontent.

Mindless predators and opportunists (Nalrok, etc), sensing blood in the water, get their teeth in it and magnify the problem to Holocaust proportions.

Then the bottom-feeders (Venture) move in to roll around in the poop.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

minimalist posted:

I know, right? The progression of those threads is fascinating, yet predictable at the same time. It's like some twisted ecological cycle.

Samuel Tow or Techbot Alpha spergs out over something inconsequential. Somewhat inoffensive beginning, but they've sown the seeds of discontent.

Mindless predators and opportunists (Nalrok, etc), sensing blood in the water, get their teeth in it and magnify the problem to Holocaust proportions.

Then the bottom-feeders (Venture) move in to roll around in the poop.

All over the name of an NPC who appears once, gets beat down in under 30 seconds and is never referenced again.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Paging Cleretic to the thread for increased hilarity and creepiness.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

:suspense:

Always take the time to check where your awful, awful communiques are going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Cuchulain posted:

:suspense:

Always take the time to check where your awful, awful communiques are going.
I dunno that's not much worse than what people put right in their bios.

• Locked thread