Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Peanut President posted:

I never had chiken pox as a kid. Didn't need no pussy vaccine either. :smug:
You sorta need one now then, don't you? That poo poo is deadly when you're all growed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I got chicken pox when I was 18. It was pretty bad and left scars all over me. It was on winter vacation too and they had to be sure I wasn't contagious before I went back to college.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sash! posted:

I want very bad things to happen to the people that approved and star in the commercial with the guy with the super saiyan hair and a vest is yelling at me about buying my old phones.

I want someone to put an axe through his skull to get him to shut up.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

I'm sure it's probably been mentioned, but the new Geico Happier Than ads would be fine if they didn't have the Hee-haw joke delivery at the end, it's just so painfully lacking in comic delivery, and so dated-yet-trying-to-be-hip.

Apparently this was the casting call, ugh.

quote:

Are you a folksy musician with a modern quirk? Do you know how to keep an audience entertained in the Buck Owens and Roy Clark pickin’ and grinnin’ tradition of “Hee-Haw”? We’re looking for duo acts, or solo musicians who play well with others, for an opportunity to add fun and laughter to a national commercial campaign! If you are already part of a strummin’ musical duo or musically inclined comedy duo, we’d love to see you two together!

Ron & Jimmy Male, 30-45 years old. These guys are a folksy, likeable duo with a real charm about them. Looking for guy(s) who have a witty chemistry between them or can make it work in a fun paring that feels natural, fun and spontaneous. Completely devoid of cynicism, these guys are contemporary rather than country, but still have a very FOLKSY way about them. They need to play an instrument, like the banjo, acoustic guitar, mandolin, fiddle or any other folk instrument.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I gotta say I do appreciate the bodybuilder directing traffic, though the joke goes on way too long before the punchline.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Ugh, that Heineken ad where the "dull, boring bar" turns into "swinging 60's jazz club, yeah!"* because some douche bags ordered a fuckin' Heineken.

*Complete with singer who is totally, definitely, not in any-way supposed to be like Amy Winehouse.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

DrBouvenstein posted:

*Complete with singer who is totally, definitely, not in any-way supposed to be like Amy Winehouse.

More like a partially melted wax statue of Amy Winehouse. God I hope there's CGI involved with her, otherwise good loving lord :stonk:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They should bring back The Asteroids Galaxy Tour for that commercial. :colbert:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

404GoonNotFound posted:

More like a partially melted wax statue of Amy Winehouse. God I hope there's CGI involved with her, otherwise good loving lord :stonk:

Isn't partially melted wax statue of Amy Winehouse basically Amy Winehouse?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Mineshaft Canary posted:

I really hate the ads with that monstrously ugly woman who hawks insurance in an awkward white purgatory. Not sure what brand it is.

Progressive Flo is one of those mascots people either love or hate. I guess this is as good a thread as any to share the erotic fanfiction I found about her.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

That's a Temptations song, and I'm fairly certain it's not about drugs.

It's about sex and pretty openly so. They cut it so you don't get the context of the lines used.

And yes I was mistaken about the artist.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Pththya-lyi posted:

Progressive Flo is one of those mascots people either love or hate. I guess this is as good a thread as any to share the erotic fanfiction I found about her.

There are three threads I read in TVIV. All three have had erotic fan fiction posted in them this week.

What the gently caress goons?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Jimmy Bond can go suck a fat dick.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

His theme song sounds like a half assed rip off of "Galvanize" by the Chemical Brothers.

"Jimmy Bond...DON'T HOLD BACK".

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

DrBouvenstein posted:

Jimmy Bond seems like he's what happens when you try to copy the Old Spice/Dairy Queen/Dos Equis/Keystone Light over-the-top manly interesting super cool Tim & Eric style spokesman but are afraid of putting people off or offending somebody. So you just get "Well heya, folks! I'm Jimmy Bond, teehee!" with a little jingle like we're supposed to care who he is or that he's cool, I guess.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

I know cherry picking reviews for movie commercials is common practice, but Hit and Run taking all its quotes from one guy on MySpace has got to be a new low.

I'm entirely serious, by the way. Look for it the next time one of their commercials airs; shouldn't take more than five minutes.

The other really annoying thing about that commercial is how there's a cobbled together line to make a joke. You can tell they just took random words Bradley Cooper says in the movie.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dunno if Hit and Run is any good or not, but I'm tired of seeing ads for it almost three times ever commercial break right now on Adult Swim.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

Dunno if Hit and Run is any good or not, but I'm tired of seeing ads for it almost three times ever commercial break right now on Adult Swim.

That movie looks guaranteed to be a running joke on late night talk shows about how no one's in the theaters for it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Was just watching Adult Swim, and this came on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9BETkNhCKQ

So...yeah.

That exists.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Gonz posted:

So...yeah.

That exists.

I'm going to buy some of these and give them to the kids of people I hate.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Sir One-Eyed-Monster. :laffo:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The makers of that product really missed out when they refused to include the built-in fart noises that are made after every step.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I'm going to buy some of these and give them to the kids of people I hate.

"I gave the Johnson's loud, annoying kids Sir One Eyed Monster. It really shut them up. Their parents were mortified when they found out though".

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gonz posted:

So...yeah.

That exists.

Stompeez commercials show up all the time on the kids'/cartoon stations. It's pretty pedestrian comparatively, when you have stuff like this that only the loneliest kids in the world could possibly appreciate.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

raditts posted:

Stompeez commercials show up all the time on the kids'/cartoon stations. It's pretty pedestrian comparatively, when you have stuff like this that only the loneliest kids in the world could possibly appreciate.

Oh man.

I really hope that material is loaded with the smallpox virus.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

raditts posted:

They really missed an opportunity by not making that elephant pink.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

raditts posted:

It's not quite a blanket and it's not quite a puppet...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

No lie, I just saw a one minute ad for a penis pump on FX.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 25, 2012

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

DrBouvenstein posted:

No lie, I just saw a one minute ad for a penis pump on FX.

The Pos-T-Vac, I assume? The spectre that refuses to die?

Benbola
May 24, 2004

by Pipski
I don't know if it still airs but there's an ad for Excedrin where this creepy girl stares in the camera and tells you the pills will get rid of your headache, the brightness, "Everything."

When I see it I'm pretty sure it's an ad for suicide pills.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

raditts posted:

The Pos-T-Vac, I assume? The spectre that refuses to die?

That's the one...has it been around for a while? The production values made it look that way, but this was the first time I've seen it.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

DrBouvenstein posted:

That's the one...has it been around for a while? The production values made it look that way, but this was the first time I've seen it.
I'm pretty sure it's older than I am.

SecretCervix
Jun 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
"Why take the best part of life out of your life when you can have life with Pos-T-Vac?" Words to live by, old man.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Is he the same guy that says "if you have a brain in your head" because that guy rules.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I'm pretty sure it's older than I am.

The Lifealert commercial that features 80s Dispatcher in his 80s Cubicle.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh my god, the Axe hair/boob commercial is so completely terrible. Girls only care about hair, while guys only care about boobs.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I got one of those lawyer commercials from a lawyer who wants people who have been injured by table saws so they can sue them for not putting in flesh-detecting systems :pwn:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Back to school dubstep yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukMdcsoYTEk

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"It's time for another school year, kids! Swing by K-Mart to WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB DROP THE BASS."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
^^^ I loving hate K-Mart's current ads, including that loving "I'm the Queen of Lay Away!" one.

Also, why is every back to school ad so lovely? The kids who see these have enough to be depressed about that summer is over.

muscles like this? posted:

Oh my god, the Axe hair/boob commercial is so completely terrible. Girls only care about hair, while guys only care about boobs.
Considering that Axe smells like cheap poo poo cologne that stupid drunk sluts supposedly love and is mainly used by college-aged tools to pick up said sluts, I'm not surprised by how they advertise it.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 26, 2012