Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
FEEDBACK

Dove: Great

New Balance: Light clicking or maybe a mouth thing from start to 8secs. Should be an easy fix. Otherwise great.

Old Navy: Great

Swiffer: Great

ING Direct: Great but sounds a little hollow. Boost the vocals.

Overall, this is top-quality stuff Blinkeve!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Thanks Joe Man!

I boosted the vocals in the ING spot, and I'm actually just leaving out the New Balance spot it seems. It was the weakest of all of them, as well as the longest, and I don't have the space for it.

I think I have something--Commercial Demo 2012, Draft 1!

Right now it's at 1:07 and I can't get it down any more than that without taking out a whole spot. (Believe me, I tried). Is that negligible and fine, or does it run the risk of being trashed because it's too long? I feel like I can and should shorten it, but I don't know what I should do to do so. I'd probably have to take out a whole spot, but which one? Or maybe I could shorten the Dove or Target ones, or even a bit of each, but what would I take out? I'm not married to the copy so any and all of it is up for any kinds of changes that would make it better.

So, how is it? Opinions on the order, variety, and overall quality would really help. I went with strong spots at the beginning and end, and what I hope is good variety throughout. As soon as this is done, I'm going to start looking for an agent, so I want to make sure it's in really good shape. Is there enough variety on here? Are there any types of reads that perhaps I should include, that aren't on there right now? Do I need a more "sultry" read, something like you'd hear for a shampoo commercial or makeup or something? I couldn't find good copy or commercials so I left it, but...? I think this is a good start but my gut tells me I have more work to do. I think.

Edit: Just for fun--here's my first commercial demo (from 2007!) for comparison. It's sooooo long. Then again, as my first demo it served as both a commercial demo and an animation demo for quite some time. So fun to hear how far I've come and how different I sound!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Blink, that's an incredibly solid demo. Hell, I have no idea if I'd be able to but if I need a female VO for any reason and I can pay I'll be sure to toss it your way. Your old demo really shows how far you've come in terms of performance and production quality. I really hope you are getting work.

For anyone who is interested (unfortunately Males only right now) Pendant Productions, an amateur Audio Drama production company is looking for some auditions for a few roles for a Super Hero themed drama. The audition and the way to do so is located here: http://pendantaudio.com/ccavalon.html

They are incredibly professional and expect strong quality in terms of performance and recordings, but don't let any doubts dissuade you. We take in new blood all the time and if you want assistance in auditioning or the later recording if you got a role I'm more than happy to help. I only just caught this now so there's only a couple days to Audition.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

JossiRossi posted:

Radio Drama
I'll audition if I have time but do you know if there's any pay?

Blinkeve, I'll check the demo soon when I have some time. I took a quick listen last night and noticed there were a few spots that you could trim a little to make it to the 60sec sweet spot. It's probably quicker if I just edit & upload the trimmed demo so I'll have something for you hopefully within a couple days.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

The Joe Man posted:

I'll audition if I have time but do you know if there's any pay?

Pendant is all free. They used to do a metric ton of fantastic fan shows like 5-7 DC comics shows, Star Trek, Star Wars, ect. So they never could charge for that. A couple months back they had to pull down EVERYTHING fan related which is a total shame. I do know that some people have gotten actual work though, but the skill sets vary a lot from really new people, to some of the better VO work I've heard.

They do shows once a month so if you were to get a recurring role the time commitment is usually not too bad. I can typically do my work in about half an hour or less.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

JossiRossi posted:

Blink, that's an incredibly solid demo. Hell, I have no idea if I'd be able to but if I need a female VO for any reason and I can pay I'll be sure to toss it your way. Your old demo really shows how far you've come in terms of performance and production quality. I really hope you are getting work.

Thanks a lot for the kind words, I really appreciate it!

Actually, right now I'm not getting work, but that's because I'm newly-minted...:drumroll: SAG-AFTRA member!

This was a huuuuuuge step but it was an important one for me to take at this point in my voiceover career, as I am serious about doing this for a living. I was getting work regularly as a non-union voiceover actress, but a couple of things made me take the plunge and though I haven't been able to turn any of my non-union clients into union clients (yet), I definitely think it was the right decision for me, at the right time. It sucks having to hang back and be like, "No, sorry person who's offering me money to do what I love, I can't do your recording" while I haven't gotten any union work yet...but that's also because I didn't have a demo I felt comfortable sending out as a representation of my abilities. Now that that's finally (almost) done, I felt confident enough sending out what I have so far to an agent I met a while ago at a workshop and I'm trying not to go nuts thinking about it in the meantime, eeeeeeeeeeeee

blackswordca
Apr 25, 2010

Just 'cause you pour syrup on something doesn't make it pancakes!
Ive been lurking here since the thread started. Want to see if i have what it takes.

Name: blackswordca

Specialties: I have a fairly neutral accent with a slight canadian twinge to it. I can negate it if needed it takes some effort. Though on the other hand i can crank it up do Bob and Doug McKenzie levels if needed. I can do narrator and announcer voices. I also have some general character voices. Evil Villian, dashing hero ( think Dudley Do-Right ). I have a character who is a mesh of different accents as well. I can do some proper accents but they arent great, I am working on them.

Tindeck: Not at the moment.
Contact: Feel free to PM or email me. My email is blacksword(dot)ca (at) gmail (dot) com

Payment: I do have paypal.

Is there still a sample script up for us to read for evaluation or is that not being done anymore? I did a quick look through the thread and cant seem to find it

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Either create your own from radio or TV ads, grab a book and read something from it, or use something from Edge Studio's script library. Hell, read a cereal box if it's all you have--anything with words can be a script.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Here's the sample we were using. I had a hard time finding it too:

quote:

Getting that promotion at work must feel good. Why not celebrate moving up by moving to Summerset Hills?

The neighborhoods of Summerset Hills are now entering into their third phase of building! Choose from dozens of single-family homes on pie shaped lots tucked away on Lilies Fair Court, perfect for young families and parents who want a safe and secluded street on which to raise their kids. With homes selling quickly, you’d better act now so that you can move into your dream home before the first snowfall!

Open houses are being held every Saturday and Sunday from 12 until 4. To learn more about the Summerset community, visit our website online or call 555-3125.

Summerset Hills: move in today and stay for a lifetime.

blackswordca
Apr 25, 2010

The Joe Man posted:

Here's the sample we were using. I had a hard time finding it too:

Can we adlib at all or is it a word for word thing? Also is this real? if so the copy writer needs a smack to the head.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

blackswordca posted:

Can we adlib at all or is it a word for word thing? Also is this real? if so the copy writer needs a smack to the head.

I'd go word for word unless it's really subtle. Pretty sure I grabbed that from Voices.com's "FREE SCRIPTS!!" Terribly written scripts are the norm so better to get used to it now than later.

It was the best one of the bunch.

I know.

blackswordca
Apr 25, 2010

The Joe Man posted:

I'd go word for word unless it's really subtle. Pretty sure I grabbed that from Voices.com's "FREE SCRIPTS!!" Terribly written scripts are the norm so better to get used to it now than later.

It was the best one of the bunch.

I know.

it reads like someone wrote it into english, translated it into a non latin language then translated it back.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

blackswordca posted:

Welcome to the industry. Are you sure you want to be getting into this?

Just be glad you're working with native English speakers here for the most part. I did VO work in South Korea for about a year and a half and companies like Samsung and LG were producing scripts that were so terrible just the memory of those experiences is enough to give me a headache. A commercial for a mom-and-pop store I can understand, but corporate narration for Samsung, and they can't do any better than "Click the next butoon to move on to next tep"? Like, they're not making enough money to hire a native speaker to at least proofread the thing? Uggh.

Question: I recorded a series of promo spots for Vampire Diaries last year, one of which I'd like to have on my website.

This is the one I've had up. It's a good enough performance, good enough quality. My performance and the audio quality on this one, though, are much better; however, the production house screwed up with the editing on its end, and the result is that I sound like I cut off the "S" in "Stefan" (I didn't believe me, I anxiously checked the source audio when I heard it) and the timing isn't quite what I intended/recorded.

Which one should I be using, and why?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

blackswordca posted:

It's also supposed to be 30s, so there's that.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

blinkeve1826 posted:

Actually, right now I'm not getting work, but that's because I'm newly-minted...:drumroll: SAG-AFTRA member!

This was a huuuuuuge step but it was an important one for me to take at this point in my voiceover career, as I am serious about doing this for a living. I was getting work regularly as a non-union voiceover actress, but a couple of things made me take the plunge and though I haven't been able to turn any of my non-union clients into union clients (yet), I definitely think it was the right decision for me, at the right time. It sucks having to hang back and be like, "No, sorry person who's offering me money to do what I love, I can't do your recording" while I haven't gotten any union work yet...but that's also because I didn't have a demo I felt comfortable sending out as a representation of my abilities. Now that that's finally (almost) done, I felt confident enough sending out what I have so far to an agent I met a while ago at a workshop and I'm trying not to go nuts thinking about it in the meantime, eeeeeeeeeeeee

What was your experience in signing up to join up with SAG-AFTRA? The process and what not. Also let us know how working with an Agent goes. I'm pretty instantly wary of the concept of working with one, but that might be too many movies on my part.

Hrm, kind of a tough call on the videos. Listening the second one is clearly better in almost all ways except the SHHH ess noises which feel very harsh. Not sure if that was a recording issue or maybe the audio post guy, who frankly I'm going to just blame anyway.

blackswordca posted:

Specialties: I have a fairly neutral accent with a slight canadian twinge to it. I can negate it if needed it takes some effort. Though on the other hand i can crank it up do Bob and Doug McKenzie levels if needed. I can do narrator and announcer voices. I also have some general character voices. Evil Villian, dashing hero ( think Dudley Do-Right ). I have a character who is a mesh of different accents as well. I can do some proper accents but they arent great, I am working on them.

I warn everyone about this, but be very careful with accents. They can be a REALLY fast way to ruin your chances. There are certain accents that are relatively easy to do. Most people can do an Apu. That does not mean we can do an Indian accent. So just keep in mind that unless you can REALLY knock an accent out of the park you'll want to be careful about fully putting it out there as a particular skill. I look forward to seeing your first demo here!

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 8, 2012

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

JossiRossi posted:

What was your experience in signing up to join up with SAG-AFTRA? The process and what not. Also let us know how working with an Agent goes. I'm pretty instantly wary of the concept of working with one, but that might be too many movies on my part.

Hrm, kind of a tough call on the videos. Listening the second one is clearly better in almost all ways except the SHHH ess noises which feel very harsh. Not sure if that was a recording issue or maybe the audio post guy, who frankly I'm going to just blame anyway.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, it's probably post, which is REALLY annoying, because I sound pretty drat great on it otherwise.

Joining the union made sense for me, because I knew I would have to eventually if I wanted to made a real living with this, and I knew it would be a lot more difficult to join after the merger so I took the plunge a few months ago when it was still AFTRA, and became SAG-AFTRA when the vote went through a month or two later. It wasn't difficult--just expensive. SAG is the one where you had that catch-22 of basically needing a SAG job to join SAG to...get SAG jobs; AFTRA was just a hefty initiation fee.

Why the negative view of agents? I don't think of them as particularly good or bad people, just people doing their jobs. My agents in South Korea were another matter entirely...THAT I wouldn't do ever again. Not that I could anyway, as that was all non-union. :)

Finally got the commercial demo down to :60 exactly, and I'm really happy with the result: http://www.listentomelanie.com/commercialdemo.mp3

Now to write up a cover letter (what on earth do I make the subject line so that they'll actually open the email??) and start sending it out! I can't beleive I'm at this step. It's simultaneously exciting and terrifying.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

blinkeve1826 posted:

Hooray! Congratulations to you! That's an exciting step and you're definitely going to be pleased when you start working union jobs and can accept the pro work that is out there.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hi there! I'm hoping to find two voice actors, one male, one female.

For the male part, I'd love to hear those of you from Ireland or Scotland, but it's by no means a prerequisite.

I need to replace the narration in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKGS00aq7wE

With this

-

Narrator #1 (male):

The Master’s world was once a paradise.

They gathered my ancestors from Earth at the dawn of our civilization.

The Masters showed us the secrets of the universe,

and taught us how to bend reality to our will.

As they dwindled, their power faded,

and the gateway home was sealed.

When the last Master died,

their world slowed to a halt.

Forests burned and oceans boiled.

We were able to endure by studying their knowledge.

and the more we learned,

The more we prospered.

On the Nightside forests withered and oceans froze.

None survived.

-

Narrator #2 (female):

On Earth, tales of this world had faded into legend.

We developed advanced technology,

and built ships that could cross the stars.

My ancestors stumbled upon this planet,

and crashed on the Nightside.

In time, the castaways flourished.

Our city is a warm light in the cold darkness.

The Great Barrier divides Night and Day,

preventing contact between our two Empires.

Until now...

-

Please post a link, and/or email me at crossovercomic(at)gmail.com with your full name so I can list you in the credits.

'Fraid I can't offer anything other than nerdoriety at present, but if my Kickstarter campaign is successful, who knows what could happen?

Fuzzy Modem fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 12, 2012

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Sci-Fi vs Fantasy

I should have something whipped up for you by Sunday afternoon at the latest.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Joe Man posted:

I should have something whipped up for you by Sunday afternoon at the latest.

Sweet :) Can't wait to hear it :)

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4104438/

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds great!, but can you send it to my email so I don't have to install this software? Or am I just not seeing a simple link?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Sounds great!, but can you send it to my email so I don't have to install this software? Or am I just not seeing a simple link?
It should be possible to play/download it but I'll shoot it over to your email in a minute.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I'll give it another week before I hand the audio over to JossiRossi for processing. So if anyone else wants to give it a shot, or knows someone who might, you have 'till next Sunday (the 19th.)

Thanks again :)
No problem; good luck with your KickStarter!

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 12, 2012

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I'll give it another week before I hand the audio over to JossiRossi for processing. So if anyone else wants to give it a shot, or knows someone who might, you have 'till next Sunday (the 19th.)

Thanks again :)

[edit]
For the female part I changed "myth" to "legend".

I'm worried that the word "myth" will get lost against the music.

Fuzzy Modem fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 12, 2012

Stinkmeister
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I'm someone else!

Here are a couple takes at it:

The first take, sort of British wizardy. I think this is the strongest:

Then, with a (probably pretty weak) stab at an Irish dialect:

Then in my normal dialect, in case you want to go simple:

Let me know if any of these are interesting or if you want to hear anything else. As always, feedback from anyone is welcome.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Excellent!

The second is nice and subtle, yet easily identifiable. Torn between it and the first. Great work :)

[edit] I especially like that you drew out the word "slooowed". Nice touch :)

[edit] Nice touch of gravel on "boiled" and "froze" in the first one. Think I'm leaning toward it now.

Fuzzy Modem fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 13, 2012

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
More information on the project here btw: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3500312
(bottom of the page)

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

A friend of mine needs voice acting for his music project.

"
Lovecraftian doom entity TEKTON is searching for a talented narrator to utter words of madness on «He Who Shifts Continents», debut album and new chapter in the Cthulhu Mythos.

Contact tektonicrites@gmail.com for more information."

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Congratulations Stinkmeister, looks like you made it!

https://www.facebook.com/MalevolenceGame

For anyone else that auditioned, they've listed the new VA's in a recent post.

BlueGrot posted:

Thanks! Got in touch with him and I'll have something for him to listen to by Friday night.

Stinkmeister
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

The Joe Man posted:

Congratulations Stinkmeister, looks like you made it!

https://www.facebook.com/MalevolenceGame

For anyone else that auditioned, they've listed the new VA's in a recent post.

Thanks! Got in touch with him and I'll have something for him to listen to by Friday night.

Thanks Joe Man. I always love your work, and it looks like we'll be working on Malevolence together! Congrats!

Stinkmeister fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 17, 2012

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

BlueGrot posted:

Neat! Friend has been contacted.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

blinkeve1826 posted:

My news: commercial demo raaaaarrrrrrraRRRRGGGGHHH

Dove: http://www.listentomelanie.com/dove08032012.wav

New Balance: http://www.listentomelanie.com/newbalance08022012.wav

Old Navy: http://www.listentomelanie.com/oldnavy08022012.wav

Swiffer: http://www.listentomelanie.com/swiffer08022012.wav

I would like feedback, if there's anything that really needs to be corrected/improved, but do keep in mind when relaying it that I am something of a perfectionist and often, to my detriment, end up obsessing over perfecting things that are already fine the way they are. So yeah, basically, just be honest--if it really needs to be corrected, I want to know, and if it's fine the way it is, I want to know that, too.

Are you running a compressor on this? Sounds like it's choking your consonants. Attack time might be too short. Try 20-30 ms. Sounds like it's less than 10.

To VA contacting my buddy, thanks. He's really glad for the interest. He's probably told you, but he's looking for something like the narrator here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukR64lVcC4

BlueGrot fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 17, 2012

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

BlueGrot posted:

Are you running a compressor on this? Sounds like it's choking your consonants. Attack time might be too short. Try 20-30 ms. Sounds like it's less than 10.

I absolutely am and you're 100% right. I'm using a compressor and a gate and I don't really completely understand how to use them (Behringer Composer Pro XL and Behringer Multigate Pro). Say what you may about Behringer, but aside from the issues that are in all likelihood arising from me not knowing how to properly use them I am quite happy with the sound I get from them.

You were spot on about the attack time--I had it all the way down at 0.3--but it doesn't seem like bringing it up to 20 helped. Or 50...or 300. There's something else going on there. For the record, the gate is as low as possible without it letting in room tone (around -40 at the moment). I recorded a small sample of my setup so you can hear what I'm talking about. Don't ask me what's up with the sample sentence, I really don't know.

http://listentomelanie.com/fish.mp3

For reference, my signal chain is Rode NT2A->Yamaha MG102C->Multigate Pro->Composer Pro XL->BBE Sonic Maximizer->Computer, then back to mixer->closed-back headphones (AKG K55s) and/or monitors (Polk Audio, don't recall exact model, but they're pretty solid). Someone tried to convince me I HAD to use an audio interface to make anything worth recording and I had an Apogee Duet for some time, but it ended up adding some pretty nasty buzzing into my recordings and I didn't like the lack of control I felt like I actually had over them anymore. I like having a mostly analog setup and I know that the potential is there to make great recordings with them--the setup at the recording studio at which I did most of my training had was almost identical, just with, like, a bigger mixer--if I knew what the heck I was doing (I had my voiceover teacher explain all of the settings he had me put all of the knobs and buttons on, but a lot of it still remains a mystery to me). Any ideas, from that sample?

Thanks for your feedback already, I feel like that at least got things on the right track :unsmith:

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

blinkeve - Does your compressor have a Decay/Release knob? What's that set to?

The attack is how aggressively the compressor will start its magic and can be seen as the left-side of a curve. The decay or release is the right-hand side of the curve and determines how long the compressor fiddles with the sound. The clip you posted sounds fine on the attack to my ears, but it drops to zero volume more rapidly than expected. I believe that if you change the release to higher values (I've got my software compressor set at 250ms right now) you'll hear a more natural sound than what you're getting.

Sorry if this is all completely wrong, I'm self-taught on audio hardware after working for my college radio station.

BlueGrot - thanks again for posting that link, it's a cool as hell project and I just threw my audition your friend's way. Here's hoping they like it. :dance:

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

I usually have a starting value of 50 ms attack, 500 ms release when doing voice compression, and work my way from there. Maybe it's hammering down too hard too. Try 4:1 ratio and set the threshold so it pushed down 6-9dB at max.

Stinkmeister
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

BlueGrot posted:

I sent them a thing too. Sounds like an awesome project!

Stinkmeister fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 21, 2012

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The Joe Man posted:

Oh hey look what I just found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frGExg98n0Y

This is the one I wanted to go full-on Skeletor for but was told to tone it down.

This is from a while ago, but I've watched this 3 or 4 times since you posted it and I think that it definitely would have been better if they'd have let you read it like you wanted.

Also, you're a sentient telepathic house. I would have expected that weird reverse echo fading in effect thing.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I haven't contributed in a while. I kind of backed off looking for VO work because my wife is sick but a friend at the UCB asked me to record this while I was at work the other day and they just posted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5FjdBcAHt4

I think they mixed me down a little too much but whatever.

I may have more work coming soon. Its been a tough year.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Hey guys, sorry this is pretty short notice, but it's also not a huge project. I'm in need of 3 male voices. This is for a HL2 mod called Silent Escape The gentleman who made is is Russian and so I've tried to clean up the language as best I could. As such feel free to improvise, since I've gone off script as is anyway.

I'll be playing James, so I need a Thomas, Kevin, and Davis.

Ideally if I can get the voices as soon as possible as he is looking to release in the next couple days. However, if needed it can be released later as a patch.

quote:

Chaper 1: SILENT ESCAPE
Thomas: Shawn! Wake up! They found us. We have to get to Kevin’s lab. Grab some ammo, and we'll get going.
Thomas: Too late!
Thomas: Wait, I’ll open the door. We’re almost there.

Thomas: James! Good, you’re alive.
James: What took you so long? The Combine are coming!.
Thomas: I can't believe they found this facility.
James: I'm trying to get in touch with Kevin, hold on.
James: Kevin! Do you hear us?
Kevin: [radio] Yes, I read you. The teleport is ready on our end, we’re just waiting for you.
Thomas: We’re almost there. We have to go to the other side.
Kevin: [radio] Hurry up!

James: drat! They’re here!
Kevin: [radio] Good luck.
Thomas: Let’s go. We can do this.

Thomas: Shawn, you should remember Kevin. He owes you 10 bucks... and a few beers.
James: Me too. We've got a problem. Looks like the combine are coming here.
Thomas: Stop it.

Kevin: Finally you’re here.
Thomas: Problems...
Kevin: Shawn, grab the gravity-gun, might as well use the drat thing.
Thomas: I’ve seen that thing before...
James: We need to get out of here before they find us.
Kevin: Let’s go.
Kevin: Shawn, you’re first.

Kevin: Davis, can you hear us?

Davis: Roger that. We have been waiting for you.
Kevin: I’ve waited for Shawn, Thomas and James. We’re going.
Davis: Good. Everything is ready.
Thomas: Hurry up, guys.
James: drat IT!

Chaper 4: DARK FOREST
Thomas: Shawn, is that you ? Finally. They destroyed our equipment, you got lucky you were just sent away. Hell we didn't think you survived. We'll need to use the older teleport. Get to the railroad, I’ll meet you there. Good luck.
Thomas: Come on, I’ll show you to the sanctuary.

Chaper 5: THE LAST SANCTUARY

Thomas: What happened here!?
Thomas: How did the combine find us?!
Thomas: That was all we had left... Let’s go to the main hall, maybe someone is still alive.
Thomas: Ok, now wait.
Thomas: Good, you can come in now.
Thomas: Move up!
Thomas: Hey! Davis, James, Kevin, are you alive?
Davis: They found our bases, killed the entire network. We have a traitor. This is the end.
Kevin: No, we can escape! We can keep fighting!

Feel free to claim a guy as long as you can make a quick turn around on the lines please. If you have any questions of want to some help getting context for some of the lines you can drop me a line at JamesRossiAudio@gmail.com

Thanks to anyone who can help me on this. You'll also get credited in the mod for what little that's worth really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Are you going to do the effects edits (over the radio distortion, etc.)? And I'll try to do one tonight, Davis or Kevin. I'll send an email too, to get context and maybe hear your lines.