Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

NBHS posted:

Huh, didn't realize that my pronunciation of "coupon" is apparently a "South" thing.

Also, perhaps it's my massive, uncoordinated gaijin tongue, but getting "ryu" into one syllable never feels as comfortable as "gyo" or "nya".

I think you're supposed to start it with the tip of your tongue touching the roof of your mouth?? It comes out sounding a bit like a mixture of D and R that way and it's easier, if that's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

NBHS posted:

Huh, didn't realize that my pronunciation of "coupon" is apparently a "South" thing.

It could be that "coo-pon" and "toos-day" is a Midwestern thing. I just know that nobody in the area but my mom says it. I never thought of it as a thing until I was called out on it. I guess I was used to it, and it never was noticeable like how she says Mello-Yello or hash-browns.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

You've asked, begged, and pleaded. Now it's finally here. Arino Versus Battletoads. Let the game begin!

This episode is brought to you be the talented zari-gani who handicaps herself when playing Battletoads by using an actual toad as her coop partner.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 553.41 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

(I received an awesome GCCX themed birthday present today but I have to go back and eat my Portal themed cake. I'll post pictures later.)

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Looks like I'm blowing off all social obligations tonight.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Great new subbed episode to watch. Can't wait for part 2. I can't wait to see the Project CX segment in part2. It is the one with ROB the Robot. I love Arino trying to play a game with ROB.

Anyone pumped for the GCCX in USA DVD to hit Japan this Friday(8/31). Hope those that get it post some pics of the set and some screen shots.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 25, 2012

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I love this graphic :3:

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Random Stranger posted:

(I received an awesome GCCX themed birthday present today but I have to go back and eat my Portal themed cake. I'll post pictures later.)

Is the cake made mostly out of rhubarb? If not, it's not an authentic Portal themed cake. :colbert:

Thanks for the episode, downloading now.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I admit it. I actually applauded when I saw this. Thanks a million again!

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A Stately Pleasure Dome Decree
I started the download immediately and realized afterwards when I saw the image that it was Battletoads. I got excited all over again! Thanks so much.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Well I was going to go to bed early but there's no way in hell that's happening now.

Beating Battletoads was a harrowing experience that I'll never forget. I can't wait to see Arino's reaction.

..and that drawing is bloody fantastic.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
This is exciting. I am excited. Look, I'm making my excited face.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yes. Something to pass the time while I wait for the GW2 launch.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Man, this episode is downloading so much slower than the others were on release and I want to watch it right now. Ughh.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Battletoads on GCCX... I just gasped so loud my wife asked what is wrong. I told her she would need to go read a book or something...

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
What a fine time to discover this show. Thanks!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Oh hey, a new episode! Awesome! I wonder which...

Random Stranger posted:

Arino Versus Battletoads.
*screams for joy like a little girl*

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What a fine time to discover this show. Thanks!
Welcome to our little club! :)

Candid Gamera
Jan 5, 2005

Look happy, it's the end of the world.
Was watching this with the husband and once I saw who subbed the episode I was pretty stoked to see it was a Goon effort. Readily awaiting Battletoads to finish downloading so I can not go to sleep!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Okay, surprise party is over with now so here's what someone made for me:

That's a metal plate with the GCCX logo for the front of my car (don't laugh too hard at it; I've been driving it for nearly ten years and it's long since been paid for).

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That's amazing. I'd love to have one except Virginia has this stupid law about having tags on the front and back so :(

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Random Stranger posted:

That's a metal plate with the GCCX logo for the front of my car (don't laugh too hard at it; I've been driving it for nearly ten years and it's long since been paid for).

Happy birthday! That's an awesome present. You're lucky to live somewhere that only requires a rear license plate.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Random Stranger posted:

Let's see the cops read out your plate during a high speed chase NOW!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
If your rear tag isn't "KACHO ON" I will be very disappointed.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Aaaaand I'm not going to sleep for a while. :cry:

macvamp
Sep 5, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Aaaaand I'm not going to sleep for a while. :cry:

Uwa, that scared me!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I cannot believe that Arino enjoys the Bike segment of stage 3. I hated that part of the game and never cleared it in my childhood. I beat stage 3 about 20 years later. I still have yet to beat this game. Props to people including Arino to beating this fustrating game.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

joek0 posted:

I cannot believe that Arino enjoys the Bike segment of stage 3. I hated that part of the game and never cleared it in my childhood. I beat stage 3 about 20 years later. I still have yet to beat this game. Props to people including Arino to beating this fustrating game.

The JP version of battle toads is a little bit easier. The biggest change is 5 lives per continue instead of 3, but the timing of the bike level was eased up on a little bit.

IIRC theres no jump ramps either, just regular ramps.

Everything else should be the same. The snake level was as awful as I remember it being

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Battletoads episode got subbed?! Oh poo poo this is fantastic news, all I need now is for the Super G'nG episode and I pretty much have my wishlist done.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I've never seen much of Battletoads outside of the first few levels, but holy poo poo that is a pretty brutal game. I think it makes the later parts of Ninja Gaiden look easy.

Once again, thank you SAGCCX for another awesome sub. :)

Random Stranger posted:

As another goon who lives in a state where you're required to have a front license plate (California to be exact), I am jealous of that you get to pimp out your GCCX plates. :argh:

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Meme Emulator posted:

The JP version of battle toads is a little bit easier. The biggest change is 5 lives per continue instead of 3, but the timing of the bike level was eased up on a little bit.

IIRC theres no jump ramps either, just regular ramps.

Everything else should be the same. The snake level was as awful as I remember it being
I am about 80% certain there was an extra blue swerving obstacle in the US version of Turbo Tunnel. It came in a bit after the first three but went much faster. I was waiting for it to show up in the episode but it never did.

Still, it's kind of cool how there's so much content in this game that they felt like it needed two episodes to cover everything.

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Am I crazy or is the female announcer for the arcade trip different in this episode? Her voice seems lighter and more enthusiastic, less authoritative and dignified.

Also, I never noticed this as a kid; Level 2 - Wookie Hole. So much lost childhood snickering.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I think the regular announcer may have been on maternity leave.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

I think the regular announcer may have been on maternity leave.

Yuuko Takeda, the regular arcade trip narrator for the first fourteen seasons and the Catch a Copy host, stopped doing the show in season 15 for maternity leave. She still isn't back a year later so it seems unlikely that she's going to resume those duties.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Aw, that's too bad. I like the whole slightly disapproving older authority figure tone in her narration. It had a nice contrast to the overly dramatic Producer Kan's narration.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
The new girl is super annoying to me.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why would she leave such a cushy job? Bizarre.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15

Mister Chief posted:

Why would she leave such a cushy job? Bizarre.

That's not her only job if I remember correctly.

Man, I expected Battletoads to be a good episode, but not this good :)

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!

Caitlin posted:

Well that was interesting. You should watch some Game Center CX while you're at it, buddy!

Yeah I sort of wandered in to this thread in a haze of confusion. Love Game Center CX though. Got me that Retro Video Game Challenge so I can carry Arino's spirit in my pocket wherever my travels may take me.

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

Why did I go to bed early? Why didn't I check this thread before I left for the day? At least I'll have something to look forward to watching later. And I still can't beat that bike level today, even after all of these years. But a couple of my friends can beat that rage inducing ramp hell in co-op without losing more than a life or two total. When they showed me what the snow level looks like, a part of me died, and was then subsequently reborn in that moment.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

FireCar posted:

Why did I go to bed early? Why didn't I check this thread before I left for the day? At least I'll have something to look forward to watching later. And I still can't beat that bike level today, even after all of these years. But a couple of my friends can beat that rage inducing ramp hell in co-op without losing more than a life or two total. When they showed me what the snow level looks like, a part of me died, and was then subsequently reborn in that moment.

Because when you see this thread have 20+ new replies even though you just checked it earlier today, you can't help but get excited at the possibility to watch an Japanese old man play yet another soul crushing hard Famicom (or other system) game for another hour.

I love the work you guys do. Thank you for making it possible in our lives to watch a show such as this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I need to see more episodes with the little "Sing Whatever You Want" section.

DENSHI! DENSHI! DENSHI! DENSHI! :holy: