Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Free Headcrab posted:

Aw man why did Pocket dERP get generic'd.

I'd seriously challenge that, what's offensive about it? Or is it because they own the name Pocket D?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Oh man, we're going to invade The D soon aren't we? I can just feel it.
What if we all roll up Devouring Earth like characters who are attempting to bring The D back to nature where it belongs, and spam Nature Affinity Powers all over the place? "This bar doesn't have nearly enough MUSHROOMS! (boing!boing!)"

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Power spam seems to be the quickest way for a banning, even if you are "role-playing". I want to do bouncers or Pocket DEA :colbert:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

OneEightHundred posted:

Also I'm convinced that the best thing to do would be to get a bunch of people to do this and preach from on top of the bar:

I love Climate Control XL :allears:

Seconding that times have changed. The muggers actually run off with the purses now! :pseudo:

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Free Headcrab posted:

Aw man why did Pocket dERP get generic'd.

Are you loving kidding me? loving bullshit. This is why we troll pubbies. For retaliation for poo poo like this. Seriously WTF is offensive? In a game with cat girls, dominatrixes, and loving pedos, Pocket loving derp gets genericed?

I'm legit mad over this. I need to gently caress something.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 27, 2012

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The trick is to play by their rules. Don't use powers unless it's clear they're okay with that anyway. All-caps is probably a bad idea. Pocket D laws aren't a bad idea, but they cause arguents on the best of days.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Are you loving kidding me? loving bullshit. This is why we troll pubbies. For retaliation for poo poo like this. Seriously WTF is offensive? In a game with cat girls, dominatrixes, and loving pedos, Pocket loving derp gets genericed?

I'm legit mad over this. I need to gently caress something.
They probably screamed at report button till they bled because they had ERP OUTSIDE THE BIO BOX :supaburn:

It's just not the same if you put your ERP tag out in the open for everyone to see at a glance and save them the effort of reading a trashy bio, instead of nestled lovingly under their description of how their one weakness is jade dildos.

For some reason, "By the way I have these made up powers." bugs me more than the EPR antics. We're already badass super beings. You are punching your enemies into the skybox. Do you really need to add a note like (Aura of Fear, be scared or be reported) to feel amazing?

Well, that and I'm an Origin Nazi. "This satanic demon god from hell throwing around zombies and fire is Tech Origin? YOU MOTHER FUCKER" :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 27, 2012

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Free Headcrab posted:

If someone wrote an elaborate back story for a character concept that is based on harassing people in pocket D, would they be forced to accept you? Or would their brain shut down?

This is all of my characters. I am hated by 90% of everyone in Pocket D on sight.

Cleretic posted:

All-caps is probably a bad idea.

How dare you try to do that to Thunk. How dare you.

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 27, 2012

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
This one of the reason I'm glad that when they have a big event like the Official Costume Parties and poo poo, they throw them in The D. The nerds get so drat mad but can't do anything about all of the normal people who don't treat the The D like it's some AOL chat room. Which now that make that connection, really makes me want to start calling it something like The Dance Of Rhydin or some poo poo.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Guys I'm gay, how do I become a superhero?

edit: Nevermind, found the answer:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Free Headcrab posted:

I don't understand...you are half naked in pocket d. Isn't that what they like?

I think it's because he was a naked man in Pocket D.

quote:

J O S H

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 27, 2012

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Welcome to the Cave of Copyright Violation:

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
It's hard to see in the cloud of Power Particles, but who are the people *not* Cloud and Iron Man?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

WeX Majors posted:

It's hard to see in the cloud of Power Particles, but who are the people *not* Cloud and Iron Man?
Doctor Doom and Mister Sinister. But named something else.

Isn't that farm on the hall of fame or some crazy poo poo?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Since someone asked, here's how you get Hasten and Active Defense to both be auto on shield:

D:\COHBinds\shield2.txt:
code:
w "+forward$$powexecauto Hasten$$bindloadfilesilent d:\COHBinds\shield1.txt"
D:\COHBinds\shield1.txt:
code:
w "+forward$$powexecauto Active Defense$$bindloadfilesilent d:\COHBinds\shield2.txt"
In-game, just copy either of those and put them after /bind

Change the paths if you're a butt and don't have a D partition.

Also leave some headroom on your Active Defense cooldown unless you want to go up against Arachnos and wonder why you're stunned and find out that it's because your AD didn't recharge in time from all the psi spam.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Aug 27, 2012

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

OneEightHundred posted:

Since someone asked, here's how you get Hasten and Active Defense to both be auto on shield:

D:\COHBinds\shield2.txt:
code:
w "+forward$$powexecauto Hasten$$bindloadfilesilent d:\COHBinds\shield1.txt"
D:\COHBinds\shield1.txt:
code:
w "+forward$$powexecauto Active Defense$$bindloadfilesilent d:\COHBinds\shield2.txt"

Oh god. I can bind R to engage autorun, run Prestige Sprint, Super Speed and Super Leaping. On a toggle.

You magnificent bastard.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Well, it has some weird behaviors like it'll run the rebind command when you keyup as well, so basically at any given time, one of the powers will be auto while the key is up, one while it's down. Whether you can leverage that to do chains, I have no idea, but you can't cast more than 2 powers per key event in any circumstance (one via autocast, one via a manual cast command).

Section Z posted:

Doctor Doom and Mister Sinister. But named something else.

Isn't that farm on the hall of fame or some crazy poo poo?
I also just rescued the Green Lantern, who is in the background.

I don't think it's hall of fame'd but it's the third thing you get if you search for Energy Farm. Quickly, gawk before Zwill deletes it!

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 27, 2012

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

e: whoops

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Pez posted:

Power spam seems to be the quickest way for a banning, even if you are "role-playing". I want to do bouncers or Pocket DEA :colbert:

I vote for D&D adventuring party invading this "mysterious" "dungeon".

Then we can call all the furries werewolves and all the trenchcoat alien godchildren "fancymen" and get away with it, because no one is RPing harder than a bunch of dwarves, halflings, and elves wandering around in tighly knit groups and holding torches to peer into the creepy darkness.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

theironjef posted:

I vote for D&D adventuring party invading this "mysterious" "dungeon".

Then we can call all the furries werewolves and all the trenchcoat alien godchildren "fancymen" and get away with it, because no one is RPing harder than a bunch of dwarves, halflings, and elves wandering around in tighly knit groups and holding torches to peer into the creepy darkness.

Pocket D&D

"You enter a wretched hive of scum and villainy"

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
And as a bonus you just need to get a few people to take their previous D&D gimmick characters out of mothballs.

But now I have an idea for a Staff/Electric dude so there's that.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
I've literally got a thief AND a Shaman Mage ready to go for this idea. The game even has dice roll emotes to roll for initiative!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I still have A Knight to Remember sitting around gathering dust. You can have my sword!

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Guys, seriously, you let me take Gundam Style?

For shaaaame

WeX Majors fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 28, 2012

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hahaha, wex, that rules.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Man, still no super packs 2? I'm getting tired of waiting.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Mind over Matter posted:

Man, still no super packs 2? I'm getting tired of waiting.

Make that bio armor and you're me. My sub runs out next week so I expect it to drop about a week later

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
People really buy those costume codes?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
HE'S ON TO US

He's also now in an SG called WIZARD LORDS PURPLE MAGIC. I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 28, 2012

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Honestly, I think he's one of you guys now.

That is some serious dedication.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

is wizard lord the wite ninga of virtue?

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Pez posted:

Make that bio armor and you're me. My sub runs out next week so I expect it to drop about a week later

I am sort of surprised it isn't releasing next Tuesday.

Also, I'm going to do it.

Going to trick out my name sake. Oldschool claws/regen.

Also we should have sigs in this thread so I can just have this poo poo linked any time I post:

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...C5BFF0728BFDD2D

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 28, 2012

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

After scoffing at me every time I said I was going to set out Wrecker

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Pez posted:

After scoffing at me every time I said I was going to set out Wrecker

And I still will.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Cuchulain posted:

HE'S ON TO US

He's also now in an SG called WIZARD LORDS PURPLE MAGIC. I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Should we... should we join it? :allears:

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I am sort of surprised it isn't releasing next Tuesday.

Also, I'm going to do it.

Going to trick out my name sake. Oldschool claws/regen.

Also we should have sigs in this thread so I can just have this poo poo linked any time I post:

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...C5BFF0728BFDD2D

I've lost all (in-game) respect I used to have for you

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
I think with the success of 50 shades of gray, what ERPing needs is a little more sophistication if its ever going to be seen as the legitimate art that it is.

That is why I suggest we have a ELit themed group of erotic classic literature references.

Charles "Deep" Dickens searching the D for a fine young catgirl with a sense of adventure looking to hunt this *motions to crotch* legendary white whale.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Actually, Herman Melville wrote Moby Dick. Charles Dickens would have be to going around in a half holiday outfit, and then bare briefs (colored green/red of course) offering everyone to unwrap his "special package"

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Half the fun of pubbie RP is getting all your information completely wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
world of warcraft invented classic literature?

• Locked thread