Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I have a shameful stack of goonmail that I haven't mailed out. I'm sorry. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

miryei posted:

Team Lunch, I sent you a thing in June, and it just got returned to me. Turns out I wrote your address wrong :ohdear:

ALSO, I found http://samsungsharegreatmoments.touchnote.com/ which is free this month, which I want to use to send postcards to all you foreign goons without it being prohibitively expensive. :D

This is amazing! I wish I had seen this before today, since the Games are over tomorrow. Still! I sent some to goons and lots of friends. THANKS!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Hey guys, just a reminder that if you have any mail for me (God...I feel so self important saying that...) I'm moving next week, so hang on to it until I can get the new mailing address all figured out.

Also, sorry if that sounded really presumptious. I just don't want to miss out on any goon love!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

cuntvalet posted:

Hey guys, just a reminder that if you have any mail for me (God...I feel so self important saying that...) I'm moving next week, so hang on to it until I can get the new mailing address all figured out.

Also, sorry if that sounded really presumptious. I just don't want to miss out on any goon love!

It's cool, I came here to post that I'm moving soon too! I'm actually going to be signing the papers this afternoon, and should be moved in on the 1st. You can still send me stuff at this address though, because my roommate will still be here and I can get my mail from him if I need to. I'm also submitting a change of address and mail forwarding.

I'll post the new address when it's closer to moving day. Thankfully, I already know what it is since I'm moving in with a friend that let me couchsurf for a bit last year. His roommates are all moving away, so boyfriend and I are moving in!

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

thepitgoddess posted:

This is amazing! I wish I had seen this before today, since the Games are over tomorrow. Still! I sent some to goons and lots of friends. THANKS!

You can do it with custom photos too! I've been slacking on sending them out but I'll probably do a bunch later with cats or something.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Received an awesome postcard (via Touchnote) from Mizufusion!

Thank you! It's adorable and is now adorning the wall above my desk. I didn't want to clutter it up at first, but I've received so many cool things since starting in this thread that it's just gotten out of control. Soon I'll have to move onto another wall. :unsmith:

Edit: You can still send out postcards for today from the Touchnote website.

quote:

At 23:59 London time on Wednesday, August 15th, the Samsung Olympic postcard campaign with Touchnote will end on web and Android.

We are excited to announce our free Facebook app. Available until September 9th, you can send free postcards and share great moments from the Paralympic Games.

Looks like we might be able to still send custom ones through Facebook, though.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 15, 2012

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I got postcards from Lamb and Thermophonic Joy!

They both wished me a good summer!

It is winter here.

Thanks tho! :D

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you for the cat postcard Miryei. I've been dealing with a very sick cat for half the week now so some goonmail was greatly appreciated.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

skels posted:

It is winter here.

Oh no... I didn't even think of that. Well, hopefully next summer is good. :buddy:

cardboardRobot posted:

I've been dealing with a very sick cat for half the week now so some goonmail was greatly appreciated.

Poor thing! That's awful. I really, sincerely hope your kitty gets better soon. Hang in there, cardboardCatte!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Miryei sent me a postcard with a boat! Thanks!
(I also have other cool things, from other cool goons, and I'm working on them, before I send out thanks!)

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a cool Touchnote postcard from Miryei too! I sent one your way as well, but it insisted I give you a last name, so I just made something up. :ohdear:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

New place, ho! Just need to confirm the postal code and we'll be good to go.

Very excited!

Skels
Jul 11, 2006

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Oh no... I didn't even think of that. Well, hopefully next summer is good. :buddy:

All good, I'm saving your good wishes up for when Spring officially arrives in 12 days :D

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

skels posted:

All good, I'm saving your good wishes up for when Spring officially arrives in 12 days :D

I wish I could rewind back to Spring! I don't want the summer to be over.

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

Mizufusion posted:

I got a cool Touchnote postcard from Miryei too! I sent one your way as well, but it insisted I give you a last name, so I just made something up. :ohdear:

I got it! The frogs are awesome, what are they watching?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a postcard from Thermophonic Joy! Balls!

miryei posted:

I got it! The frogs are awesome, what are they watching?

I think I sent you the picture where they're all staring outside at the rain. I was at a friend's house and she has two preteen boys, so we were making up stories about the frogs trying to escape so they could jump in puddles and cause mischief. It was made sillier by the fact that this was the middle of last summer, and we normally don't get summer rain so everyone was a bit antsy.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you for the frog postcard Mizufision. The front of the card was damaged though so he has a weird mark on his face now.

I wish I had sent postcards when they were free. Oh well. With my cat still being very sick I won't have time to put some cards together for a little while. She has a feeding tube and has to be fed every three hours.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
ban me please, thanks

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

cardboardRobot posted:

Thank you for the frog postcard Mizufision. The front of the card was damaged though so he has a weird mark on his face now.

I wish I had sent postcards when they were free. Oh well. With my cat still being very sick I won't have time to put some cards together for a little while. She has a feeding tube and has to be fed every three hours.

I hope your kitty is feeling better :glomp: My kitty was very sick (distemper) when he was a kitten; I had to create an excel chart just to keep track of all of his different meds.

I've updated the OP, and on my to-do list this week is to go through the address list and drop off anyone who hasn't posted since the beginning of June and update addresses for anyone who moved. There's some goonmail sitting in my office at work that I need to get to, so I also have some people to belatedly thank very soon.

I promise that the catmail I've been putting together will go out soon. I've already begun accumulating crap in preparation for Halloween and Christmas, so it has to go out before then!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

lamb posted:

I hope your kitty is feeling better :glomp: My kitty was very sick (distemper) when he was a kitten; I had to create an excel chart just to keep track of all of his different meds.

Thank you. We've been keeping track of her meds and feeding that way as well, it's incredibly helpful.

And now to thank Thermophonic Joy for the postcard. Did you draw the robot yourself? It too, like Mizufusion's card, has a spot on the front where it looks like part of the plastic melted away. Anyone else get this or is it just some strange thing for mine? I'll post a picture of it later.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cardboardRobot posted:

Thank you. We've been keeping track of her meds and feeding that way as well, it's incredibly helpful.

And now to thank Thermophonic Joy for the postcard. Did you draw the robot yourself? It too, like Mizufusion's card, has a spot on the front where it looks like part of the plastic melted away. Anyone else get this or is it just some strange thing for mine? I'll post a picture of it later.

Nah, I googled cartoon robot and stole the picture. I have zero drawing skills, but I probably should have at least tried... Sorry.

I received a bunch of postcards from non-SA friends, and they all came in pretty good condition, minus a few dog-eared ones. No melted plastic-looking ones on my end!

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
After a long time I received two postcards.
A cute cat postcard from Thermophonic Joy.

(It looks much better in person).

And an olympic postcard from ThePitGoddess.

I have a pile of letters to mail, snd will start sending them next monday hopefully.
Also I'm printing some stickers to sen with the letters, so if someone wants a special sticker just ask :).

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some belated goonmail updates! Got an adorable kitty postcard from Thermophonic Joy a few days ago that really brightened my day! And (this is really late) around the 4th of July I got an envelope full of America from lamb! It's one of the more homesick times of the year for me, so I was really happy to get it. Thank you generous goons!

The last few months have been hectic, but things have calmed down a bit and I'm getting some goonmail ready. Does anyone want to do a candy exchange again?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

LyonsLions posted:

The last few months have been hectic, but things have calmed down a bit and I'm getting some goonmail ready. Does anyone want to do a candy exchange again?

Oh hell yes

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

LyonsLions posted:

Some belated goonmail updates! Got an adorable kitty postcard from Thermophonic Joy a few days ago that really brightened my day!

Aw, glad you liked it! I sent most people pictures of my former cat... in true crazy cat lady fashion. :3: So far, they are a hit!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just settled into my new house, and updated my address! I probably should have changed it sooner, but I do have mail forwarding and I can pick things up from my old roommate, just in case anyone sent mail to my old address. Soon as I find my box of cards I'll start sending things out again!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

SKELS! You are my favorite for sending that MacGyver card! :buddy: My husband threw it on the table while I was in the millionth hour of studying (not even kidding) rear end/leg muscles/blood supply/innervation, and I was in definite need of a pick me up! Expect some 'Braska goon mail lovin' soon-ish!

That being said, apologies, guys. I suck, and I haven't had a chance to ship out my cat/terrible Nebraska postcards. :( I'm hoping to work on them tomorrow with the day off!

Raaachel
Jul 10, 2010
Sending some goon mail out tomorrow! Be on the lookout, folks! :)

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.
I need to grovel and offer thanks in equal measure.

I was last signed up for the Valentine’s exchange I think and after posting about the initial mail that I got, and sending out my own, I suffered from a combination of technical issues (laptop ate my memory card) and real-life interruptions that kept me putting off my next post and here we are many months later and I’m only now coming on to properly thank everyone who has brought postal-joy into my life.

Even in the last few weeks I’ve had two completely unexpected bits of mail that have brought a massive smile to my face and cheered me up when I’ve been feeling very down about continuingly ‘just’ missing out on getting that first job.

Anyway, less excuses more photos (I’ve just found I’d backed up quite a few before the card fell apart- if you know you sent me some post and I haven’t included it I’m really sorry as I did lose some files :( -I do keep everything that you send though and I treasure it!)

Anyway, back in time to February…
Look at all the bedazzled envelopes! Goon mail is SO MUCH FUN!

The lovely Lamb sent me an incredible selection of goodies including funky elastic bands, stickers and even a hug token! As a Brit I’m still not entirely sure what ‘cooties’ are? I’d thought it was a slang word for a sexually transmitted disease so I was a little nervous about playing the ‘Cootie catcher’ game!

Inside the fab robot card was a lovely little crochet heart- did you make it yourself? I love it!

I also had to instantly have a play with the spirograph!

I also just have to say that aside from the incredible contents I LOVED the stamps on the envelope too!

The wonderful When Worlds Collide treated me to goon love, stickers and even a fabulous moustache!

From sensational Skels I had a lovely card all the way from Australia (where I hope you’re still very happy!) complete with a very cute Dingo stamp on the envelope :)

From the generous Genesplicers I received a lovely card and laser cut felt heart I shall treasure. I also love the little birdie love stamp on the envelope.

From the fabulous Rufus en Fuego I received an incredible glittering fembot card containing such wonders as Dehydrated Unicorn Semen and a recipe for intriguing and tasty sounding Indian Pudding! Thank you oh sparkly one!

Through the marvellous Off Kilter I received curses from Socrates himself!

I loved the drawing and was thoroughly miffed with myself recently when his death came up in a pub quiz and I failed to remember that Hemlock was the cause!! Arg. I chose the forum name because of the book Fire and Hemlock which I grew up with but I was an idiot and didn’t even realise it was a poison at the time I picked it as a moniker- silly me! Anyway, my ignorance aside- many thanks for that and the sticker and cardlet you also sent :)

From the splendid Pit Goddess I received a lovely flocked owl card- though it’s a little saddening to reread your queries now and see that beyond a bit more work experience I’m still in exactly the same spot I was when I last wrote you- unemployed and sending out endless cover letters! I hope your studies are progressing well- I shall have to enquire further by post in future!

Super Shoozy gifted me a very cute little heart shaped note book and an amazing holographic cat greeting that has addictive viewing qualities!

The terrific Thermophonic Joy went all out on my envelope and sent me a wonderful reply packed with Peta goodies and colouring-in fun!

From the amazing Team Lunch I received an enveloped jam packed with Valentine’s goodies- one item of which directed me to make my first ever paper aeroplane!

-I tried to take a picture of me soaring it around the kitchen but it just came out a horrendous blur every time.

She also very kindly sent me a St Patrick’s Day greeting- Erin go bragh!

Finally I received a mysterious box from Canada.

Its outer claim that Goon Love is The Best Love was soon to be proven when I tore into the brown paper packaging…

Wow, they sent me Toffifee? I was a little nervous as I don’t eat nuts but thought it was still a really really kind gesture to send me tasty birthday/Valentine’s edibles, but wait…

WOWOWOWOW! It wasn;t Toffifee but beautiful HOMEMADE marshmallow hearts with chocolate drizzles! I am still so so touched you went to the effort to make and send them to me. They were absolutely delicious and incredibly moreish- I had to restrain myself from eating them all at once. I feel horribly guilty for not thanking you profusely at the time and must make it up to you somehow. It’s probably best I don’t do so through culinary means (due to personal ineptitude and physical distance) but I definitely want to send something your way either now or Christmasish if you’d prefer? Despite having archives I can only see 11 of your posts but if you have an old SASS list somewhere or pine for something British let me know :) Thank you Xeed!

With all that wonderful goon mail I got to fill a whole windowsill at home with Valentine’s goodies- made my birthday extra special as most of my friends don’t do the whole ‘card’ thing anymore!

So having been ‘absent’ for so long it was a really wonderful surprise when a month or so ago a lovely flamingo card arrived from Mr and Mrs Genesplicer- my photos don’t do it any justice at all but there were some clever paper mechanics involved!

Most recently I received this super-cute postcard that made me squee and long for some cat-action (since mine are all dearly-departed). Thank you so, so much Thermophonic Joy for this surprise bit of postal-cheer.

I’m sorry this has been such a long and image heavy post- not sure if I should have split it up but I didn’t want to double post.

Also sorry and thanks once again to everyone who has sent me things. Still jobless (sob) or no I’ll definitely be sending out some goonlove of my own again this Christmas if not before.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I'm glad Felix got such a great response from this thread. You're very welcome, Hemlock! That's a photo of my fiancée's brother's friend's cat (what a mouthful) who I became very good friends with last year. Sadly, I can't visit Felix anymore, but I do have a huge stack of awesome pictures! Yeah, I'm a catlady. So what? :colbert:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Hey guys! Here's my NEW address!

Miss Kassie Wright/ c. valet
130 WEST ST, Lower Apartment
BRANTFORD ON
N3T 3G1
Canada

Oh, happy day! I'd really love to get back into the swing of goon mail. And I have a fridge/office/cork boards which are all bare and would love to be filled with goon love.

I also have cards from Bolivia that I think I shall have to send out in the near future!

CatStacking fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 10, 2012

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Hemlock posted:

Inside the fab robot card was a lovely little crochet heart- did you make it yourself? I love it!

I did indeed make it. So glad you liked it!

FYI, I've updated the list to remove anyone who has not posted since July 1 or later.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Hang in there, Hemlock! :)

I'm so glad the Touchnote postcards reached some of you. I think it lost most of the ones that weren't going to Europe/USA. So, yay for some successes!

I really miss all the mails, I can't wait until grad school is over- which is SOON.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

thepitgoddess posted:

Hang in there, Hemlock! :)

I'm so glad the Touchnote postcards reached some of you. I think it lost most of the ones that weren't going to Europe/USA. So, yay for some successes!

I really miss all the mails, I can't wait until grad school is over- which is SOON.

Oh! Oh! I got yours and totally forgot to post about it until now. It's sitting proudly in the frame of my dresser mirror!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Wanted to say thanks to Mizufusion & Croakums, Miryei, and Thermophonic Joy for the postcards you sent over the summer!

Sorry I was so slow to post- am quite busy with classes, but I think I'll be doing another mailing in time for Halloween :)

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

Oh! Oh! I got yours and totally forgot to post about it until now. It's sitting proudly in the frame of my dresser mirror!

I'm glad! I think after I sent it, I remembered you were in the process of moving. So, yay! :)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

thepitgoddess posted:

I'm glad! I think after I sent it, I remembered you were in the process of moving. So, yay! :)

I received it the day before I moved. The tulip post card, yes? :3:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

3050 Eagles Way Drive
Apartment 2020
Lafayette, IN 47909
No NSFW on the outside, but the inside is fine.
It's my birthday on the 16th, and also I like comics.

...I hope I did it right.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

It's a little late notice, but if anyone has any bday stuff they feel like mailing, I'm shamelessly letting you all know that my birthday is this upcoming week....... :unsmith:

edit: I guess I should also add that due to some real life stuff going on (:smith:), I'll be a little slow to respond (however, I promise I will!!), but three times as grateful for mail!

Niemat fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Niemat posted:

It's a little late notice, but if anyone has any bday stuff they feel like mailing, I'm shamelessly letting you all know that my birthday is this upcoming week....... :unsmith:

edit: I guess I should also add that due to some real life stuff going on (:smith:), I'll be a little slow to respond (however, I promise I will!!), but three times as grateful for mail!

What day is your birthday?