Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Krinkle posted:

I'm stuck. I found hussie in a box and there's obviously more path to the left but I can't walk left of a stupid tower in the foreground and I haven't found some of the things people have mentioned karkat's ancestor? where?

You're a bit too far to the left, you want to go directly south from Dave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

closeted republican posted:

Go straight down from where Dave is. You'll enter the area with all of the interesting stuff in it.

that completely did not look like a bridge it looked like the front of the tower he was on.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I was looking on Tumblr to see if people were freaking out hilariously, but a lot of them seem to be in on the joke. Ferrinstance.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Feranon posted:

somebody on tumblr's idea of what pre-scratch darkleer will be like:

In this vein I fully expect Dualscar's pre-scratch equivalent to be an internet libertarian or like a typical Ron Paul supporter like TobleroneTriangular's persona.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Feranon posted:

somebody on tumblr's idea of what pre-scratch darkleer will be like:

nah, pre-scratch darkleer is going to be curt cobain.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Pre-Scratch Darkleer is going to be John Wayne.

e: or some other horse western actor stereotype

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Cabbit posted:

I was looking on Tumblr to see if people were freaking out hilariously, but a lot of them seem to be in on the joke. Ferrinstance.
Yeah, I don't know why anyone would expect them to be upset. Homestuck is not mean spirited. It mocks, but it doesn't condemn.

We've got hipsters and furries and juggalos and twilight fans and fanfiction shippers, and they're all silly as heck, but it's never dickish towards those groups. Far, far less dickish than we'd usually be here towards those types on Something Awful, to be sure.

Likewise, you could be the biggest tumblr social justice fan in the world, and still think Kankri is hilarious. Because he is.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I can't understand pyrope at all hope she wasn't saying anything funny.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

As good as fuschia ruler is, I kind of think it makes for terrible background music. It *really* grates on the ears after the first twenty minutes or so.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Karkat's descendant just gave me a loving migraine.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Tunicate posted:

As good as fuschia ruler is, I kind of think it makes for terrible background music. It *really* grates on the ears after the first twenty minutes or so.

at least it's not latula's theme. I almost threw my headphones at the goddamn wall

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Don't click this if you don't want to see a possible spoiler for the rest of the ancestors. I don't know that this is accurate, but after seeing Zahhak and Ampora I am loving praying it is.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Surely they must be a way for them to get Kankri out away from everyone else and then get Lord English to show up.

I have to admit, I didn't read most of what he said, because his quirk is really annoying and he will not shut the gently caress up.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Was there any point to the brainy area? I know it represents Sollux's world but I kept accidentally walking over that way and wasting time.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Am I missing a character I can be? Nobody has the password to the restricted memories area. (I have been four characters)

e: ok nevermind I finally got it

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Aug 31, 2012

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Cabbit posted:

Don't click this if you don't want to see a possible spoiler for the rest of the ancestors. I don't know that this is accurate, but after seeing Zahhak and Ampora I am loving praying it is.

If I'm reading those sprites right (and I'm probably not) it looks like Zahhak's Ancestor is going to be the Beforus equivalent of a Steampunk. Glorious :allears:

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Oh hell, I didn't even think about Tavro's or Gamzee's ancestors, they look awesome.

Man, that flash was overwhelming. I thought Kankri was just too annoying to exist in paradox space, until his last little comment towards Pyrope came up. I think that redeemed him from the fact that he is the avatar of Internet Social Justice. Heart-warming.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Did anyone else find it a tad disturbing that Dave was apparently losing sleep over the screams of the dying dead from the dead dream bubble?

Jyrraeth posted:

Was there any point to the brainy area? I know it represents Sollux's world but I kept accidentally walking over that way and wasting time.
It looks awesome? :v:

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

It took me until I started reading this topic to realize what the sidejoke stuff on the bottom was supposed to be. Though reading some of PYF's mock topics mean I unfortunately understood all of kankri's stuff.

Is there a full-size version of that Peanuts picture near the end?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Krinkle posted:

Am I missing a character I can be? Nobody has the password to the restricted memories area. (I have been four characters)

Be Meenah and get the skateboard from Latula; be Porrim, access the nearby dream bubble and get stairs; be Meenah and do a sick grind down said stairs; be Latula and talk to Kankri; be Kankri and talk to Meenah; be Meenah and talk to Karkat and get him to follow you; open door!

I think that's it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Triskelli posted:

If I'm reading those sprites right (and I'm probably not) it looks like Zahhak's Ancestor is going to be the Beforus equivalent of a Steampunk. Glorious :allears:

I'm not sure if I'm more amused by that or the fact that Ampora's ancestor appears to be a greaser, complete with cigarette pack rolled in his sleeve.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Re: brainy area, it reminded me of the Devil's Machine from EarthBound. In fact, the whole Bubblescape has a Magicant vibe to it.

Not that EarhtBound references are anything new.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Just chiming in to say that this flash was fantastic. The art style of the trolls took a bit of getting used to, but its grown on me already :swoon:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Roger Explosion posted:

Did anyone else find it a tad disturbing that Dave was apparently losing sleep over the screams of the dying dead from the dead dream bubble?

Mortality really freaks Dave out. Knowing that afterlives can be killed too would double freak him out, of course.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
I thought I had a pretty high tolerance for the typing quirks, but Karkat and Terezi's ancestors completely lost me.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Sad Mammal posted:

I thought I had a pretty high tolerance for the typing quirks, but Karkat and Terezi's ancestors completely lost me.

Isn't Terezi's ancestor's the same as hers, except with lowercase?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mazerunner posted:

Isn't Terezi's ancestor's the same as hers, except with lowercase?

And also :krad: z's instead of s's.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

This is the first live update since I started actually following for real! Kankri is loving hysterical.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Sad Mammal posted:

9 = o
6 = b

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Eventually I was able to get a hang of Vantas' typing quirk by just zoning out, looking past the screen as if trying to see something far away, and keeping in mind that the 6s were b's and 9s were o's.

Pyrope's typing quirk was no problem for me.

If I were Hussie, I'd have had the 9s replace, I don't know, Ps? Replacing Os made them look pretty out of place. But "Whoa, 6uddy, I think we need to examine our 9rivalege" might have been a little cleaner.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 31, 2012

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

I was fine with using 9's for O's because it fits with the theme of those rants (I'm sorry, "thoughtful and constructive dialogues") being unreadable.

Also I loved the GamerGrl Remix for Latula's theme, here's hoping its on whatever forthcoming BeforusBound (BeforusFettered?) album they come out with in the future.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

sitchelin posted:

9 = o
6 = b
Even knowing this I had to stop and stare when he said something like, "we were 69th".

I also was amused that, as far as I can tell, he was the first character to mention 6ef9rus, which was a (hilarious) dick move.

Similarly, I loved that Latula sometimes said 4 instead of for, coolkid style, but then had to clarify that she was or wasn't saying "a".

That was all I really liked about her, unfortunately. Her irreverent gamer grl schtick, which I appreciated as a contrast to Aranea's living plot dump seriousness, had no substance to it, and not much wit either, so it grew old very fast. I did like her conversation with Porrim though, but more for Porrim's analysis of Latula than for Latula herself.

Dick Bitchwhistle
Oct 28, 2007

by Lowtax
Mindfang -> Kindfang
Redglare -> Radglare
Sufferer -> Insufferable
Dolorosa -> ...Ho-lorosa??

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
How old are these new trolls supposed to be? I didn't quite get the impression from Meenah and Aranea on their own but as a group they definitely seem like the "oldest" non-adult characters we've been exposed to so far.

Porrim is my favorite of those we've just met.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Falls Down Stairs posted:

How old are these new trolls supposed to be?

They spent three sweeps playing the game itself (before dying) so I'd wager somewhere from ~16-19 in human terms depending on when they started playing the game. Of course a lot of them have spent millennia sitting around being useless all day.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Eiba posted:

I also was amused that, as far as I can tell, he was the first character to mention 6ef9rus, which was a (hilarious) dick move.

If you're thorough about opening the treasure chests, one of the first ones when you come into the Prospit/Derse room (to the right when you enter, you should see Porrim hanging out where you can't reach her) mentions Beforus in a much more blunt manner, so I wasn't thrown off or confused by what he meant, thankfully.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Oh my god, everyone is adorable. And here I was feeling Hussie couldn't possibly keep making uniquely entertaining characters. :aaa:

Can't wait to see Act 6 Act 6 Act 6 Act 5 Part 1, where we follow and love each of the 48 squiddles as they start playing. How many sub acts can there be?

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Aug 31, 2012

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Eventually I was able to get a hang of Vantas' typing quirk by just zoning out, looking past the screen as if trying to see something far away, and keeping in mind that the 6s were b's and 9s were o's.

Whenever a new troll shows up, I always find it helps to read their dialogue out loud for a while. This has the extra bonus of making things even funnier if you try to keep a straight face the whole time!

I was having trouble making it through Kankri's sermon, not for the 69s, but because I couldn't stop laughing. When I got to "cisblooded privilege" it nearly slayed me entirely.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Don't think I saw it anywhere, but someone on tumblr typed up Kankri's rant minus his quirk if you're curious.

It's still hard to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Apparently "my browser is too old to display this content."

What's going on here?

Edit: Tried it in Chrome, seems to work fine now.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Aug 31, 2012