Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Played through most of it(?) think I glitched things because I got karkat to follow me, then accidently reset it so that he was talking with Kankri again and I just can't be bothered going through all that again.

I'm not a fan of the walkthrough flashes, I feel the RPG stuff adds a lot of pointless busywork that gets in the way of the story, without the gameplay compensation of a "real" rpg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

All versions of GameGirl are a joy to listen to and Latula is hilarious. Y'all wrong. :colbert:

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
That one Effigy Juju near the beginning of the beach is very reminiscent of Jake's entry item (cherub doll hanging from a tree). Though the whole thing about hats, coupled with finding Dad's hat right by the start has me concerned :ohdear:

Also still laughing at SJW Kankri.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
I wasn't actually reading sufferer's :words:, but didn't he say he didn't believe in romance, and then start going on about how nice and attractive terezi-whatever is? That's kind of appropriate for a tumblr fandom joke.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Scale Model Giant posted:

That one Effigy Juju near the beginning of the beach is very reminiscent of Jake's entry item (cherub doll hanging from a tree). Though the whole thing about hats, coupled with finding Dad's hat right by the start has me concerned :ohdear:

Also still laughing at SJW Kankri.

The effigy was one of the ones Stitch had from The Felt intermission. In fact, all the jujus you find are from members of The Felt.
The hat was just from Aradia's memory, because she's standing nearby at the time.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Cleretic posted:

And I believe Porrim's is Jade Mother, but I didn't check.

It's Darling Dolorosa, according to the credits, remixy combo of Jade Mother and Darling Kanaya I think.

It's one of Stitch's effigies. All of the Felt's special items were jujus apparently.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I really can't wait to see how the Felt stuff figures into things.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Which essentially confirms what we already knew; that the Felt are basically cherubs. The thing is, do they all have time powers and time jujus because Lord English made them or something? Or are they unrelated cherubs that LE found and took under his wing and gave them such things.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
I loved everything about Kankri and Porrim's interactions. "You're not my mom!!"

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Dear gog, Kankri gave me a double aneurysm and I simultaneously am amazed (at him and hidden hiked-up pants) and find him as insufferable as the other characters do.

He's basically the in-universe version of that one tumblr user who was like some smattering of otherkin brony cis-whatever something who spent all its (I can't take those invented pronouns) time fielding questions and being (as I remember) all like, "Don't judge or else, I am totally serious and you are a horrible person if you question and don't want to learn" or whatever.

I kind of want to see how butthurt tumblr is from Kankri's showing up.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Jazu posted:

I wasn't actually reading sufferer's :words:, but didn't he say he didn't believe in romance, and then start going on about how nice and attractive terezi-whatever is? That's kind of appropriate for a tumblr fandom joke.

It's better/worse than that, in fact. He's just so happy that they're such good platonic friends, because if they weren't then he never would have noticed all these great things about her that he totally likes in a totally non-romantic way. Which is perfect for him as an un-self-aware nerd buffoon.

I know this because I have been this. :negative:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Aranea has to pay people to talk to her. That's amazing.

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009

creationist believer posted:

It's one of Stitch's effigies. All of the Felt's special items were jujus apparently.

Oh, right. That's the one Juju I didn't recognize right away. Still, it looks like the Felt Intermission is primed to come back in a big way (although the crowbar hints are getting so obvious I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a red herring somehow).

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

FewtureMD posted:

Damara is a breed of sheep.
Kankri is the plural for crawfish in French.
Meulin, I think, is pronounced like "mewlin'" adding another cat pun to the Leijons.
The plural for crawfish in French is "écrevisses". Only Kankri I found was this. Now there's cancre, which originally meant crayfish, crabs and the likes but now means a dunce; but the plural for that is cancres. French doesn't have plurals in -i.

Tollymain posted:

So a person I kind of sort of know made a thing. It's really pretty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Cp6MoeRDM

Not really sure what he means by "vilify" in the song as it doesn't really seem to fit the pictures or the rest of the lyrics, but oh well.

Slime posted:

My prediction for Darkleer is that he takes the whole highbloods looking after lowbloods thing super seriously. After all, Equius was all kinds of into the hemospectrum.

Also look how Equius was with Nepeta, always looking out for her and warning her about stairs stuff that was dangerous. I guess in the Beforan culture, he'd have been like that with everybody (except Gamzee and the seadwellers, who outrank him).

Bobulus posted:

Game doesn't let you. Meenah's adventure, only she can leave the area, etc.

Which is a shame, I wanted to go talk to Kanaya as Latula.

creationist believer posted:

e: I also love that this is done in HTML5 instead of flash. Hopefully the whole site could eventually be free of Adobe's lovely plugin.

There's still some Flash bits in this update (intro sequence before the playable part begins notably).

There's also the fake trolls as headwear. Would it make the effigy affect Calliope or Hussie, though?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Jazu posted:

Yeah, and the whole thing was very much a stalker-y Nice Guy (in a benign sort of way) type of crush, with Kankri completely obsessing over the tiniest details from things that happened years and years ago. The most hilarious part, of course, is the implicit virginshaming of Tumblr social justice activists.

Still, for all his obnoxiousness as he is I can't help but see Kankri as a tragic figure. He is completely earnest in his desire to do good but he's rendered himself completely ineffectual and he seems to have enough self-awareness to realize this even if he does his best to deny it.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008
So what's with the juju-destroyer being related to the number 7? Am I missing something obvious, or is it another hint that'll only be relevant after some other reveal?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Zandar posted:

So what's with the juju-destroyer being related to the number 7? Am I missing something obvious, or is it another hint that'll only be relevant after some other reveal?

Crowbar's crowbar.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Probably the best part of this whole flash is Karkat's reaction to Kankri. It's just amazing.

Also the whole password thing was :smith:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Zandar posted:

Crowbar was the 7th member of the Felt, connection being how a crowbar vaguely looks like a seven.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

DaveKap posted:

In any case, I can make an avatar out of pretty much anything in this thanks to the open source html5 docs the coder put up. If you have a request, let me know! Too much content here to just shotgun like I normally do.

Porrim Porrim please Porrim anything Porrim that would be excellent thank you in advance!

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

DaveKap posted:

In any case, I can make an avatar out of pretty much anything in this thanks to the open source html5 docs the coder put up. If you have a request, let me know! Too much content here to just shotgun like I normally do.

If you could whip up a Kankri one, I'd appreciate it.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Jazu posted:

I'm sure if he keeps on being an obsessive attentive and totally platonic friend, eventually she'll realize he's the one for her. :allears:

Saradiart posted:

If you could whip up a Kankri one, I'd appreciate it.

The only title text: "TW: bad posts"

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 31, 2012

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

Regy Rusty posted:

All versions of GameGirl are a joy to listen to and Latula is hilarious. Y'all wrong. :colbert:

I found out Teal Seer is actually in the Latula version of GameGirl and now I feel silly for not listening to it all before. :ohdear:

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
So... do blood powers affect trans-universal memories? That seems like an odd game mechanic to have.

edit: particularly loved the references to all of the trashy literature disappearing in a blur

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Kankri is just the best thing. If you know the vocabulary he's using he gets even better, too. :allears: I really like Porrim as a contrast as well. And Aranea's sylph booth. And the Game Girl remix. And basically everything about the flash. Latula seems a little flat at the moment, but I am officially psyched for the introduction of these twelve new characters.

Also, I'm pretty certain the final walkaround will end with Meenah picking up Tavros and Vriska as her first followers.

Pessimism posted:

So... do blood powers affect trans-universal memories? That seems like an odd game mechanic to have.

What I took from it is that blood powers affect ancestry in general. If that's true then being able to see parts of the previous universe would make sense as an extension at least.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Pessimism posted:

edit: particularly loved the references to all of the trashy literature disappearing in a blur

I'm pretty sure it was the seer powers that did it.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
This was such a good page, it still would have been worth it if the hiatus had been extended another month.

The only thing I'd like to say that hasn't been said by everyone else here is that I have no sense of smell, and the story about Latula sniffing the cake has happened to me many times, both because I forget I lack the sense (which is odd because I was born without it) or because I don't want to embarrass other people who have forgotten and offer me things to smell. It's just a weirdly specific thing that made me happy, and I thought I'd mention it.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
The best thing about this update is that there is two more.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Color Printer posted:

Also the whole password thing was :smith:

This reference was lost on me, I'm guessing he was talking about either John or Jade but I can't remember the original context

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's from this: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005872

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Rooreelooo posted:

This reference was lost on me, I'm guessing he was talking about either John or Jade but I can't remember the original context
That was one of the passwords used with Jade. You'll remember he wanted to tell her something but then she went and died and then....yeah. :smith:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
So, if a Seer of Blood can learn things based on past 'ancestry', then would a Knight of Blood be using 'ancestry' for combat? Because if so, Karkat for Troll Ghost Army Leader 2012. I love Meenah (especially for redeeming Pisces trolls as Fun Characters), but there is no way that her leading anything ends well.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

RandallODim posted:

So, if a Seer of Blood can learn things based on past 'ancestry', then would a Knight of Blood be using 'ancestry' for combat? Because if so, Karkat for Troll Ghost Army Leader 2012. I love Meenah (especially for redeeming Pisces trolls as Fun Characters), but there is no way that her leading anything ends well.

I'd always figured that Blood was kinship, and it seems like knight tends towards servitude/self-sacrifice (at least judging from Dave) so I'd expect less assembling an army and more heroic martyrdom if Karkat and the trolls ever actually get around to growing into their roles from the game.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

RandallODim posted:

Yeah, a team with her at the reins would really bomb.

I'll see myself out.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Cabbit posted:

I'm pretty sure it was the seer powers that did it.

It makes a great deal of sense that the Seer of Blood would be able to see the memories of someone who's completely and utterly genetically identical to them, even if it's from a different iteration of the universe. It would also probably make sense that the ability would go both ways, with pre-scratch Kankri being able to see the memories of his more violent, post-scratch self.

This actually makes me think about the differences between the pre and post scratch kids. From the looks of it all members of B2 are very, very similar to their B1 counterparts. Even being raised by The Batterwitch doesn't seem to have changed John's personality very much. Then again John seems to have a way of making friends. Maybe she actually kinda liked him.

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

The plural for crawfish in French is "écrevisses". Only Kankri I found was this. Now there's cancre, which originally meant crayfish, crabs and the likes but now means a dunce; but the plural for that is cancres. French doesn't have plurals in -i.

Cancri (note Cs) is the genitive for stars in the constellation Cancer, i.e. Alpha Cancri, Beta Cancri, 55 Cancri, etc. I figured the Ks were just for continuity with Karkat.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Pinechild posted:

Cancri (note Cs) is the genitive for stars in the constellation Cancer, i.e. Alpha Cancri, Beta Cancri, 55 Cancri, etc. I figured the Ks were just for continuity with Karkat.

Also, Porrim comes from Porrima, aka Gamma Virginis, one of the stars in the constellation Virgo.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Kankri also becomes "kranki" really easily if you shuffle one letter around. :downs:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Meenah was right; these guys are losers. I like them.

In the shithole world of Alternia, the heroes of Beforus were mostly able to get over themselves and become what they were always trying to be. Kankri hates that because no Vantas is capable of getting over himself. This really makes me want to see Tavros' ancestor. You say we get two more of these? Excellent.

Death in Homestuck means the cessation of growth; these people have been teenagers for an absurd amount of time. Noting that they're a bunch of Gen-X stereotypes to the Alternian trolls' Gen-Y stereotypes was also an excellent insight.

Other things of note: yes, it is Lord of Time. Calliope is hiding somewhere in the abyss. There's a third way to kill god tiers (interrupt their resurrection). Rose inherited Dirk's flashstep talents. We're going to get to be Dave eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

RandallODim posted:

So, if a Seer of Blood can learn things based on past 'ancestry', then would a Knight of Blood be using 'ancestry' for combat?
Keep in mind, Karkat didn't acknowledge the existence of ancestors until he was face-to-face with his.

And Karkat had the hardest time during their game, didn't he? He was basically useless in combat, had no cool aspect abilities, and his dreamself didn't even wake up until it was time to die.

Turns out he had plenty of powers, he just didn't believe in them.