Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
I didn't see this posted, so here's a new track. Remix of Chief Keef's "I Don't Like"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1JJkMD1hE4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
http://vimeo.com/43183234 mercy

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Good show from everyone, but Pusha T is still the king of rap hands.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

"soon" (monday)

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
http://kanyewest.com/

Also on iTunes also. Very nice. I wonder when the album will actually come out?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
clean birthday song http://soundcloud.com/defjam/2-chainz-feat-kanye-west-birthday-song-clean

ye's verse is HELLA ignorant

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

sept 4th

El Marrow
Jan 21, 2009

Everybody here is just as dead as you.

atrus50 posted:

Out on iTunes. Big Sean: not somehow terribad?

If you were wondering where the vocal sample came from, here you are. It's a sample from the intro of Super Beagle's Dust a Soundboy, which is a soundclash dubplate of Willie Williams' "Armagideon Time."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWhCgE6ZkSk

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
2chainz vid http://www.vevo.com/watch/2-chainz/birthday-song-explicit/USUV71201132

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

atrus50 posted:

sept 4th

Sept. 18 now apparently :(

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

trigger9631 posted:

Sept. 18 now apparently :(
blame mos def

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
What did Mos Def do

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Please guys, it's Yasiin Bey now.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This may or may not be the tracklist for the regular edition (via HMV)

http://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/1208060007/

01 To The World by Kanye West, R. Kelly
02 Clique by Kanye West, JAY Z, Big Sean
03 Mercy by Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz
04 New God Flow by Kanye West, Pusha T, Ghostface Killah
05 The Morning by Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, CyHi Da Prynce, Kid Cudi, D'Banj
06 Cold by DJ Khaled
07 Higher by The-Dream, Pusha T, Ma$e
08 Sin City by John Legend, Travi$ Scott, Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce, Malik Yusef
09 The One by Kanye West, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Marsha Ambrosius
10 Creepers by Kid Cudi
11 Bliss by John Legend, Teyana Taylor
12 Don't Like by Kanye West, Chief Keef, Pusha T, Big Sean, Jadakiss

doctor thodt fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 31, 2012

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Wayyy too much Big Sean, jesus.

Edit: I'd be more excited if Big Sean and CyHi swapped all their features.

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 1, 2012

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
A song by Kanye West featuring R Kelly titled, "To The World," is enough for me to buy this album.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haha, Kanye fansites are all about to hang themselves over the fact that this tracklist is apparently real.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Why? Were people honestly expecting this to be a Kanye solo album?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Eh Big Sean is only on 1/4 of the tracks if that is real. Still way too much. Why does Kanye work with this guy again? CyHi is great though, glad to see he made it on a couple tracks. His Atlanta-remix of I'm On One is awesome and I wish I could find a solid recording of it.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

It's hard to believe that 2 Chainz is only on two tracks, given the push he's getting.

Mosaic Perception
Sep 18, 2009

by XyloJW
Hopefully the last two.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
TRACK LIST IS OLD. IT DATES FROM BEFORE THE PUSHBACK. AT LEAST 4 MORE VERSES HAVE BEEN RECORDED SINCE THEN. BEY IS ON THE ALBUM.

LISTENING PARTY TONIGHT. TRIP REPORTS SHOULD BE UP TOMORROW

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
LMAO HE SENT OUT SUNGLASSES AND MOET W THE INVITATIONS

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

atrus50 posted:

LMAO HE SENT OUT SUNGLASSES AND MOET W THE INVITATIONS

You're gonna need them for the next day for the hangover that you're gonna have from partying with Kanye and the rest of the members of G.O.O.D.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
UPDATE: IT WASN'T A LISTENING SESSION. IT WAS ACTUALLY A DINNER PLANNED BY THE MOET PEOPLE. DAMMIT LVMH ILLUMINATI

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Did you get to listen to anything at all?

Also: How are the sunglasses?

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clique full track here:
http://soundcloud.com/kanyewest/clique/s-ypogr

doctor thodt fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 7, 2012

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I'm kinda digging Clique. I like the beat and Big Sean drops another pretty tolerable verse.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Track list out!

Cruel Summer Tracklist:
01. To The World – Kanye West, R. Kelly
02. Clique – Kanye West, Jay-Z & Big Sean
03. Mercy – Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz
04. New God Flow – Kanye West, Pusha T, Ghostface Killah
05. The Morning – Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, CyHi Da Prynce, Kid Cudi & D’Banj
06. Cold – Kanye West & DJ Khaled
07. Higher – The-Dream, Pusha T & Ma$e
08. Sin City – John Legend, Travi $ Scott, Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce & Malik Yusef
09. The One – Kanye West, Big Sean, 2 Chainz & Marsha Ambrosius
10. Creepers – Kid Cudi
11. Bliss – John Legend & Teyana Taylor
12. Don’t Like (Remix) – Kanye West, Chief Keef, Pusha T, Big Sean & Jadakiss

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 7, 2012

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was out a week ago when I posted it :3:

Seems like a really bizarre choice to end the album with I Don't Like though. I guess there'll be a few extras on the deluxe edition though.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
So there are at least two somewhat serious miscalculations thus far:

1) the release got pushed so far back that "Cruel Summer" is coming out in the final days of summer

2) if "Don't Like" really is the "proper" end track (and not a bonus)

I'd count releasing Mercy so early in the summer as a miscalculation as well. Seems like the strongest track from the album that I've heard so far.

edit: \/\/\/\/ this is true, I still keep it in heavy rotation

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 8, 2012

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

thathonkey posted:

So there are at least two somewhat serious miscalculations thus far:

1) the release got pushed so far back that "Cruel Summer" is coming out in the final days of summer

2) if "Don't Like" really is the "proper" end track (and not a bonus)

I'd count releasing Mercy so early in the summer as a miscalculation as well. Seems like the strongest track from the album that I've heard so far.

Mercy's had incredible staying power though, it's the centerpiece of everybody's sets these days.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
Only 2 new Pusha T verses? Looking more like a B.A.D. album.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
Mercy has the best beat and hook I've heard in a while and I love Kanye's section...but holy moly nobody else puts it down at all and Big Sean slaughters the song (pejoratively) and brings it to a stop not even one minute in. Am I in the minority that I almost dislike every single person in the group besides Ye?

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

the Bunt posted:

Mercy has the best beat and hook I've heard in a while and I love Kanye's section...but holy moly nobody else puts it down at all and Big Sean slaughters the song (pejoratively) and brings it to a stop not even one minute in. Am I in the minority that I almost dislike every single person in the group besides Ye?

Yeah, pretty much. Not liking Big Sean I can get (although I love the Sarah Palin line) but Pusha T and 2 Chainz go hard on that track.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bruce Boxliker posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Not liking Big Sean I can get (although I love the Sarah Palin line) but Pusha T and 2 Chainz go hard on that track.

Are Pusha T and 2 Chainz albums good? I honestly only know them from Mercy and I think they are great.

epic funhaver
Jun 8, 2011

by Debbie Metallica

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Are Pusha T and 2 Chainz albums good? I honestly only know them from Mercy and I think they are great.

Lord Willin' and Hell Hath No Fury are classics and Based on a Tru Story is good for a contemporary album. hope this helps Mr Ice Cream Glove

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

the Bunt posted:

I really like Big Sean on the track - it's a fun first verse that gets people into it.

I was thinking more about it - I haven't heard anybody really mix Mercy. People mix into it and such, but I've not heard any of the verses over anything else or vise versa (this may be because the resources aren't out there or they're both perfectly matched for each other).

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of Big Sean and Mercy, he released a mixtape earlier this week and the opening track has a pretty tight Mercy sample.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnlWRJrP3Ws

Full tape here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I literally love all 5 tracks that have leaked.

• Locked thread