Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Riotgrrill posted:

This is what you want, this is what you get.

My name is-my name-my n-my-my-my-my-my-my-my-my-my-my-my-my-my-my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Riotgrrill posted:

This is what you want, this is what you get.

This one doesn't work any more

Ok it finished updating. Get Goonbox here!

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 2, 2012

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

geri_khan posted:

Crap, and I was going to LP the Going Rogue content some day. But I don't have the time now.

I can't help but wonder if you could group-LP the GR stuff, just to speed things along.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

S.D. posted:

I can't help but wonder if you could group-LP the GR stuff, just to speed things along.

I would be seriously on board with LPing at least the Praetorian content. We'd need at least four people, one for each storyline...

Maybe more. Have dedicated LPers for as many parts of the game as we can get. Praetorian content, the Wards, SSAs, Incarnate trials, maybe have someone run around showing off the old poo poo that got buried like Mayhem Missions and Doppelgangers...

EDIT: Seriously, let's actually do this, for real. We have three months, spread out among people who know the content well that's more than enough time to show everything there is to show.

I call the RWZ. My Brute made his name as a Rikti meat grinder, he deserves it.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 2, 2012

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
edit: Yes PLEASE do form a guild in GW2. I'm weary of joining Goon guilds in games, but I rolled on the goon server. CoH was mostly drama free and I love and miss it.

My character I was afraid to play outside of the starting zone, fun times:

And the one Goons liked the most

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 2, 2012

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Followed by Ninjas is brilliant, and was the inspiration for my beast mm that is a really bad hunter trying to kill the animals that always seem to be around him

Edit: as for LPs, if I can swing the time I'd be up for running through some arcs and such

Pez fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 2, 2012

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Pez posted:

Followed by Ninjas is brilliant, and was the inspiration for my beast mm that is a really bad hunter trying to kill the animals that always seem to be around him

Hahah that's WAY funnier to me. This hunter always surrounded by animals comically missing shots at them and killing the enemies.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=295867&page=8

Second post down.

I got dozens of tells asking me to stop it, to just be quiet.

Skrunchie, trolling Pocket-D till the very end.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Brave New World posted:

Considering how NCsoft operates, this talk about Titan Networks buying the IP is a complete waste of time. The only hope CoX has is with the possibility of private servers. Anyone familiar with Rebirth? It's a really high quality private WoW server that has a Goon guild that advertises here on SA. I've played on it, and it's really good. If they can get something like that up and running for CoX, I'll be happy.

Sadly, the chance of a private server is pretty tiny. First, a Paragon Studios codemonkey would have to 'accidentally' leak the server code and detailed instructions on keeping it running. Then, someone with both dedication and money would have to pick it up, compile it and pay for decent hosting, both for the server and the multi-gig client download.

And, even if this happened, I'd probably just play a few rounds and quit. It was the people who really made CoH shine, even if we were laughing at them half the time.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
GW2 is turning out to be pretty awesome, Servers aren't as retarded as I thought they were. Once the game is out of it's painful birthing process in about, say, Three Months, I would strongly suggest Goons come join. I'll post guild details once I get it up and running for people.

Major pro about the game so far: Cross Server Guild Chat means City of IRC will live on. :3: And guild's aren't exclusive, so you can be in whatever ERP Furry Charr guild or RL friends nerd guild and still talk about Tommy's dick all night.

As for City of Heroes, though: Before the game goes down there will be much drunken revelry. I want to do all the good TF's again, I wanna punch Nazis in the dick, and I want to see Goons bask in the glow of Armageddon in Pocket D.

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 2, 2012

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Cuchulain posted:

Major pro about the game so far: Cross Server Guild Chat means City of IRC will live on. :3: And guild's aren't exclusive, so you can be in whatever ERP Furry Charr guild or RL friends nerd guild and still talk about Tommy's dick all night.

Wait, City of IRC was probably the biggest reason we all played as long as we did. Is this seriously a thing in GW2? If so I'm buying it RIGHT THE gently caress NOW.

Tanglefoe
Feb 29, 2012
I've been out for a couple of weeks glued to ESPN in anticipation of the new football season and I log in to the CoH forums to see if there is any new news on the release of Bio Armor. God drat this sucks.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I'm sceptical anything can replicate the goon community in this game. The game is just so casual friendly, so much that the 'haves' and 'have-nots' are not separated at all. I can team up with Tommy without anyone really noticing any change in effectiveness. The goofing around while not doing anything is also great.

The biggest part of what I like this game so much is the barbie dress up part. It's a game by itself where the challenge is making something you like. You get to show off and feel proud on an actual skill instead of "I just sunk 30,000 hours to get this flaming shoulderpads". It's also another way of not separating the haves and have-nots. My level 1 can look drat more awesome than a level 50+3 cat girl/emo guy with wolf tail. The game does not FORCE you to level. You do it just for the hell of it.

Maybe CO is like this too but goddamn if the art direction didn't make my eyes bleed. It's like being forced to stare at a Liefeld-era comic book.

I'm not sure I want to get into GW2 since MrsAkumaizer is not keen on fantasy theme, not to mention I couldn't even finish my 3 months sub when I tried WoW long ago. We might just wait on Phantasy Star Online 2, or just jump into STO (she likes Star Trek).

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Wait, City of IRC was probably the biggest reason we all played as long as we did. Is this seriously a thing in GW2? If so I'm buying it RIGHT THE gently caress NOW.

Start the game, pick your "Home Server", this binds you to your cross server PvP team, and effects some other stuff. However you can hop servers to play with other people whenever. And you can join guilds on other servers.

You can be in as many guilds as you want, whichever one you're in gets cross server chat. Characters can move between servers freely and join other guilds. Pick a guild to Rep and you get it's cross server guild chat. You can change your repped guild at any time.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Please note that visiting isn't in yet, at the moment they just have it set up so you can actually change servers whenever you wish. When they get visiting up and running you'll have to pay to change your home server, but until then it's free to swap.

I didn't play this game that much but for the time I did the group chat with you guys was definitely the best part. I'm tempted to download it again and try to remember my login details just to get screenshots of my terrible level 20 characters. Pretty bummed about this going away, but if you guys get a GW2 guild up and running I'd join it for City of IRC again.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

For people interested, GW2 Guild is up now, due to some fuckery I managed to make and then lose Order of the Curved Obelisk, so we're going to end up being City of Goonsquad: [CoGS] on Maguuma

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Cuch, do it man. Make that guild and i'll love you forever.

City of Goons or something like that. Gooncity Rollers

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

I did, we're CoGS. However our ~*Fabulous Leader*~ Ku Hullan the Asuran Mesmer is stuck inside a Golem Chess table. :v:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Cuchulain posted:

For people interested, GW2 Guild is up now, due to some fuckery I managed to make and then lose Order of the Curved Obelisk, so we're going to end up being City of Goonsquad: [CoGS] on Maguuma

I'm Corman Decker, Patware.3068. I play with friends on Sea of Sorrows but I'll jump over to chill on sad, lonely nights.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Cuchulain posted:

I did, we're CoGS. However our ~*Fabulous Leader*~ Ku Hullan the Asuran Mesmer is stuck inside a Golem Chess table. :v:

Port his midget rear end out of there! I wanna GW2 with the best goon squad.

edit: I'm Durandal.6298 in GW2. It's a good game, goons, Go buy it.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
I've got a character on Maguuma, Vergel Cid, and my global name is BenRGamer.2547, invite me to that CoGS guild

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

Cleretic posted:

I would be seriously on board with LPing at least the Praetorian content. We'd need at least four people, one for each storyline...

Maybe more. Have dedicated LPers for as many parts of the game as we can get. Praetorian content, the Wards, SSAs, Incarnate trials, maybe have someone run around showing off the old poo poo that got buried like Mayhem Missions and Doppelgangers...

EDIT: Seriously, let's actually do this, for real. We have three months, spread out among people who know the content well that's more than enough time to show everything there is to show.

I call the RWZ. My Brute made his name as a Rikti meat grinder, he deserves it.

I still don't know if I'll have the time to commmit to something like this soon, and I'd hate to half-rear end it, but if others are in I'll get something done.

A megathread sounds like a great idea, with people committing short LPs of their favorite or most important content in whatever style they wish. (personally I would go for spergyinformative, you guys might want to go farcical, and both are fine)

The main problem I see is readers getting confused if too many people are posting concurrently, and if events happen out of order. (for example it would be beneficial to do the Faultline content before the RWZ arcs because Fusionette and Faultline)

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

wouldn't be much different from actually playing haha

first time i did incarnate trials i think we did DD, Lam, Baf, Keyes, TPN, MoM, UG back to back in that order

i didn't know what the gently caress was going on

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
I still haven't run a Diabolique trial and I've yet to complete an Underground. I also should run the new stuff on the Beta server while that's still around, if only for the plot.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Fearless_Decoy posted:

I still haven't run a Diabolique trial and I've yet to complete an Underground. I also should run the new stuff on the Beta server while that's still around, if only for the plot.

Beta does have some really great stuff too. :(

And where the gently caress can I buy GW2 digitally?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Someone loan me however much it costs, I need somewhere to chat about furries and Tommy's sex life.

But wait, can I be a robot?

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Beta does have some really great stuff too. :(

And where the gently caress can I buy GW2 digitally?

they cut off digital sales for the time being because servers had too many concurrent users or something

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Fearless_Decoy posted:

I've been trying to get onto Beta for the past 6 hours or so - I've been in a queue of 12. I'm now at 6. Some kind of fuckery is going on there.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Pez posted:

Someone loan me however much it costs, I need somewhere to chat about furries and Tommy's sex life.

Eh, they've got Furries, Giant Swole dudes, Weedlords, midgets and Animes. It feels a lot like home.

GW2 Guide invites are all retarded so some people are having trouble getting in but I WILL NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURRENDER. BECAUSE GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE.

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 2, 2012

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

I just spam friend requested like all of you on steam.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

can i have an eye patch in guild wars 2 this is important

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Yes.

I have also found an eyepatch with a goggle over it.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

game of the year

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Pez posted:

No, but you can apparently be a TF2 style Engineer.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Know what will be the hardest part of this whole thing?

On November 31st/December 1st...

Deleting the City of Heroes directory and putting my hundreds screenshot in an archive directory.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Champions is fun after a day of playing, but I am going to the mall right now and will probably end up coming home with GW2...

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

they cut off digital sales for the time being because servers had too many concurrent users or something

Amazon and other online retailers have it.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Haven't played Champions since beta but I'll give it another shot. I might try out GW2, will see. Still pretty sad about all this, drat you nerd emotions.

Dispari
May 29, 2010

Cuchulain posted:

Start the game, pick your "Home Server", this binds you to your cross server PvP team, and effects some other stuff. However you can hop servers to play with other people whenever. And you can join guilds on other servers.

You can be in as many guilds as you want, whichever one you're in gets cross server chat. Characters can move between servers freely and join other guilds. Pick a guild to Rep and you get it's cross server guild chat. You can change your repped guild at any time.

I'm a massive RP-fag for asking this but what's the character limit like in text, and do they have any sort of /e equivalent?

Also do I have to look like every other idiot who has the same armor as me or can I actually spice up my look and be a unique snowflake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Dispari posted:

I'm a massive RP-fag for asking this but what's the character limit like in text, and do they have any sort of /e equivalent?

Also do I have to look like every other idiot who has the same armor as me or can I actually spice up my look and be a unique snowflake?

You have complete control over the colors of your armor. You can discover dyes in game to change it as well.

Are you talking character name limit? 19 chars including spaces.

The names are global to all the servers as well, so it's a pain in the rear end to find one unless you are unique.

• Locked thread