Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Black women do some terrible things to their hair in the name of beauty. If you haven't seen Chris Rock's documentary Good Hair, you should. It's kind of heart breaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Performula
Apr 7, 2009
Anyone know when they'll be back on?
Also, is there some sort of year-long schedule for this show? That'd be useful.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Squashy Nipples posted:

Black women do some terrible things to their hair in the name of beauty. If you haven't seen Chris Rock's documentary Good Hair, you should. It's kind of heart breaking.

You should see Bobo's documentary "Good Hair" it is hilarious.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

prefect posted:

One theory has been "traction alopecia" -- she's going bald because her hair is continually being pulled out by too-tight dreads.

Indeed. Robin really abused her hair to the point where she was starting to look like Homer Simpson. It had nothing to do with cancer but just bad hairstyling that's gone on for decades. Though honestly, I imagine she might be wearing a wig when she gets better. I don't imagine that hair will grow back well if she's undergoing chemo.

Bright side, she still sounds like lively on the show, which is good.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I cannot get over how loving strange it is they've said nothing about it and are sweeping it under the rug, like they tried to do with Artie. But Howard gets mad when C-list celebrity #A-293-F won't answer his questions about their butthole. Have they learned nothing?

I am super extra mad about it more than anyone in this thread probably cause this was my family's way of dealing with bad poo poo growing up- don't talk about it, sweep it all under the rug, let's pretend it's not there "for everyone's sake" and everything will just fix itself!!! It's bullshit, burying difficult stuff always hurts you down the road if you can't let yourself address what's actually bothering you, and you'd get so much more out of it all if you could openly share it with your loved ones.

Of course I don't mean they should talk about it every single day forever because of course if she has cancer it's not something anyone would want to talk about at length every waking moment of their professional life, but if they actually addressed it openly for a week or two it'd be a lot easier to respect her privacy and back off. At this rate it's just going to incur the Streissand Effect if her health noticeably deteriorates. Honestly, people that have listened to the show for, what, 25+ years or so at this point are genuinely going to care about the health of the hosts and it'd make you weird if you didn't care. The fans have a right to know what's going on :smith:

gently caress.

Sorry for the :words: but drat they remind me of worse times.

Finklemeyer
Oct 29, 2004
Pants?
I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak.

I loved these moments when I was listening before school in the 90's and I love them as much now.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

AltronHGX posted:

Honestly, people that have listened to the show for, what, 25+ years or so at this point are genuinely going to care about the health of the hosts and it'd make you weird if you didn't care. The fans have a right to know what's going on :smith:

Well, if it was Howard you would hear about it, but it is Robin and she is always the protected one on the show, you can't blame Howard, he literally would fall apart without her. I think the show would straight up end if anything happened to her.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Ohh IIIIIIIIII
I'd do anything
Too see Robin's boobies
Oh yeah IIIIIIIIII
Do almost anything
to see Robin's Boobie's

Robin's tits are fat

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Is it me or are they actually replaying old Mammary Lanes

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

AltronHGX posted:

I am super extra mad about it more than anyone in this thread probably cause this was my family's way of dealing with bad poo poo growing up- don't talk about it, sweep it all under the rug, let's pretend it's not there "for everyone's sake" and everything will just fix itself!!! It's bullshit, burying difficult stuff always hurts you down the road if you can't let yourself address what's actually bothering you, and you'd get so much more out of it all if you could openly share it with your loved ones.

The Stern show is the ultimate dysfunctional family, though, so it doesn't seem too surprising that they'd handle really important things badly or not at all, without a moment's hesitation to ponder any hypocrisies or contradictions.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Bonzo posted:

Ohh IIIIIIIIII
I'd do anything
Too see Robin's boobies
Oh yeah IIIIIIIIII
Do almost anything
to see Robin's Boobie's

Robin's tits are fat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EFPe-eY1No

I could listen to Robin songs all day.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
The plot of this week's Wilfred involved taking ayahuasca. I guess Robin really started a trend!

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001
Anyone else getting malware warnings from N&A's website in Chrome? I was looking to download some older episodes, but I've been getting that message the past couple days.

Slaine fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 2, 2012

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Awesome. Private Parts is on Netflix Watch Instantly.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Slaine posted:

Anyone else getting malware warnings from N&A's website in Chrome? I was looking to download some older episodes, but I've been getting that message the past couple days.

Yeah, the page is blocked for me

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
How come radio shows, even the ones with money, always have poo poo websites.

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001
I remember in 2003-ish howardstern.com was literally a single jpg of something they were talking about on that day's show - if you were lucky.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
This is so deliciously spiteful

Date Jackie's (Ex) Wife
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BncV-fjr7Q

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Joe Don Baker posted:

How come radio shows, even the ones with money, always have poo poo websites.

Because nobody cares about the internet

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I think instead of a vacation curse, we are going to need to have an "on the air curse" because they are on the air so infrequently.

http://gawker.com/5940120/green-mile-star-michael-clarke-duncan-dead-at-54

Michael Clarke Duncan died.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Kelly posted:

I think instead of a vacation curse, we are going to need to have an "on the air curse" because they are on the air so infrequently.

http://gawker.com/5940120/green-mile-star-michael-clarke-duncan-dead-at-54

Michael Clarke Duncan died.

Quick, someone hide Tiny Lister and Ving Rhames :ohdear:

Edit: Woah, they were each born in consecutive years. Duncan, Lister, Rames.

GenoCanSing fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 3, 2012

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Weird coincidence, Tiny Lister is going to go to jail. He was busted in some real estate scam over the weekend.

Only Ving is left.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
What do you guys think of the new Nick and Artie website? All the old shows seem to be missing. I hope they put them back up.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Looks like the liberal agenda made them gay it up. Nick must be steaming!

Well, those are gay poses, but the website itself is just ugly and tacky and looks like it fell out of a "How to Make Websites" book from the 90s.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 4, 2012

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007
They call him Baba Booey.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
The new website is horrible. You can't dl the mp3's easily unless you look at the page source and copy/paste the direct link to the files. It's like they expect you to stream it directly from the website at all times, and if you try to do that on your phone it's total garbage. I dunno wtf they're thinking

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Hahaha holy poo poo the new N&A site is a travesty.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Jerome Louis posted:

The new website is horrible. You can't dl the mp3's easily unless you look at the page source and copy/paste the direct link to the files. It's like they expect you to stream it directly from the website at all times, and if you try to do that on your phone it's total garbage. I dunno wtf they're thinking

I use the Stitcher app on my phone to listen to their show, though I'm not sure if the new format hosed with that or not.

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009

Shes Not Impressed posted:

I use the Stitcher app on my phone to listen to their show, though I'm not sure if the new format hosed with that or not.

I'm guessing it did because last night's show isn't coming up for me.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
It looks like they left the old site up here: http://media.nickandartie.com/

However, they haven't posted any shows since August 31st. If you're on a Unixy style computer, here's a script I wrote to download the previous day shows:

code:
#!/bin/bash

DATE=`date -v-1d "+%m.%d.%y"`

wget http://media.nickandartie.com/wp-content/uploads/audio/$DATE-Hour-1-Nick-and-Artie.mp3
wget http://media.nickandartie.com/wp-content/uploads/audio/$DATE-Hour-2-Nick-and-Artie.mp3
wget http://media.nickandartie.com/wp-content/uploads/audio/$DATE-Hour-3-Nick-and-Artie.mp3
Doesn't do weeekend detection or anything like that, but during the week it works (when they post shows there).

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

The podcasts are now in random order on both the mobile and desktop version of iTunes.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
So is there a simple method for getting the podcast for those of us who used to "Save Link As" on the old site?

Rattlehead
Nov 20, 2004
Only dead fish go with the flow.
It looks like the RSS feed still works.

http://www.nickandartie.com/wp-content/podcast/feed.xml

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
:siren: I just heard somebody booey-bomb live on MSNBC :siren:

I can die a happy man now

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Do you think Gary has a list of his favorite "Babba-Booey's"?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
"The time that Joey Boots did it in 1997 still holds up, bawf. It's not necessarily the best booey-bomb, but it's the best for a first date. And it still holds up."

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Why is that the title? it doesn't make any sense with regards to what the show is about.

That said, it's still better than John Hein's horrible show...

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

Why is that the title? it doesn't make any sense with regards to what the show is about.

That said, it's still better than John Hein's horrible show...

Maybe its an effort to try and push more books of the same name? I agree its an odd name for a tech show.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Indolent Bastard posted:

So is there a simple method for getting the podcast for those of us who used to "Save Link As" on the old site?

If you get DownloadHelper for Firefox, when you click on a show to stream it then you can download the MP3 as well. It's a pretty nice plugin for saving streaming media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

musclecoder posted:

It looks like they left the old site up here: http://media.nickandartie.com/

However, they haven't posted any shows since August 31st. If you're on a Unixy style computer, here's a script I wrote to download the previous day shows:

code:
#!/bin/bash

DATE=`date -v-1d "+%m.%d.%y"`

wget [url]http://media.nickandartie.com/wp-content/uploads/audio/[/url]$DATE-Hour-1-Nick-and-Artie.mp3
wget [url]http://media.nickandartie.com/wp-content/uploads/audio/[/url]$DATE-Hour-2-Nick-and-Artie.mp3
wget [url]http://media.nickandartie.com/wp-content/uploads/audio/[/url]$DATE-Hour-3-Nick-and-Artie.mp3
Doesn't do weeekend detection or anything like that, but during the week it works (when they post shows there).

Oh how I love bash. Thanks dude, I just set up a cron job to dump it into my music folder every morning.