Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hussie said he was gonna do something this morning on twitter that wasn't an update. I was hoping for a map update, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Has the site changed at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

YF-23 posted:

Regarding Dave being the one to fight Lord English, consider that Knighthood meant, I believe, induction into the lower nobility, and "Lord" does suggest a title of nobility. This puts Dave in a hierarchy under Lord English, which further adds to the intrigue between the two beyond having the same attribute.

I'd say that it figures into Dave's inferiority complex.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

VJeff posted:

Hussie said he was gonna do something this morning on twitter that wasn't an update. I was hoping for a map update, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Has the site changed at all?

Great timing, because "here comes a thing".

EDIT: A thing.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 4, 2012

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Color Printer posted:

Great timing, because "here comes a thing".

EDIT: A thing.

"Your fantroll will become canon and appear in Homestuck." :stare:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

ComradeCosmobot posted:

"Your fantroll will become canon and appear in Homestuck." :stare:

They're all obviously going to appear in one panel where Lord English just vaporizes them :getin:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Color Printer posted:

They're all obviously going to appear in one panel where Lord English just vaporizes them :getin:

They may survive if they pony up more cash. Also I guess Homestuck is ending in a year or so if this comes out in two years.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Geez, how many people would pony up a hundred grand for their fantroll? :catstare:

E: This has literally been up for 15 minutes and has over 6 grand. drat.

Pastrymancy fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 4, 2012

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Color Printer posted:

Note that the $10,000 tier is simply the first God Tier reward; ponying up $100k gets you the Second God tier.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Gabriel Pope posted:

Note that the $10,000 tier is simply the first God Tier reward; ponying up $100k gets you the Second God tier.

It's a cool one million for the third.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I.

I want the Snoutpak. :ohdear:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

VJeff posted:

I.

I hope the scalemates are available on their own on the What Pumpkin store eventually, I can't afford the higher tier right now.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

The godtier rewards are all labelled in boondollars rather than real currency, so they may just be jokes.

Oh god I hope that third one is a joke :ohdear:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
10 people have already pledged over $405 a piece. That's ridiculous.

EDIT: That said, I'd consider pledging for a physical copy signed by Hussie if the physical copy had a Mac version on the disc.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Suaimhneas posted:

The godtier rewards are all labelled in boondollars rather than real currency, so they may just be jokes.

No one's parents are going to let em' put that much on their credit card, right?

Right? :negative:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Already almost at $22,000.

Step aside Tim Schafer, here's how a pro does it. :stare:

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
I want to thank Andrew Hussie on Twitter for reminding me that Ryan North has his credit card.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Kinda disappointed that the sketch commission is at such a ridiculous level, but considering how swamped Andrew's gotten from past commission rewards I guess it's probably the only way to keep them from getting sold out within the hour.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is it bad that I want a GameBro t-shirt?

Suaimhneas posted:

They have to be; they're not listed with the "real" tier rewards.

e: Just saw that KS doesn't allow pledges above a certain amount, but some of those God Tier rewards are pretty close to the Penny Arcade ones.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

VJeff posted:

I.

I just want the plushie enough that I am willing to get all that other extra added crap.

Also to support Homestuck.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

They have to be; they're not listed with the "real" tier rewards.

They can't be on the list of tier rewards, Kickstarter has a limit. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the description.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

After the success of things like Order of the Stick's Kickstarter I'm surprised it took this long for Hussie to put something together.

Be cool to see how much money people throw at this.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is it bad that I want a GameBro t-shirt?

Not at all, I was heartbroken that I missed my chance to get one from the original run.

Possibly a $100 level of heartbroken, given I'd be tempted by that and the rest of the goodies in the Brotacular pack.

tFUCKINGmesis
Oct 5, 2011
The things like the scalemate plushies and the pins are sorely tempting. Part of the text did suggest that if the scalemates were popular enough, they'd make more later, though, so there's that.
I would probably contribute an irresponsible amount of money if I weren't going to move soon. Good thing I am, I guess.
(over $30,000 after maybe half an hour, good christ)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Well, that was a nice global economy we had there. Andrew Hussie just earned all the money.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

It's a pretty small price to pay to get a "like" on a tumblr post.

edit: goddamn the number just keeps going up.

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 4, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As tempted as I am by the Snout Pak, Game Pak 2 seems to be the tier of choice if you ask me.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Nate RFB posted:

As tempted as I am by the Snout Pak, Game Pak 2 seems to be the tier of choice if you ask me.

I dunno. The print seems excessive, so you could go to the GAMEPAK1+ that's the tier below.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Man, I really want one of those scalemate plushies, but I don't really care about any of the other stuff that comes along with it. As much as I want one of those adorable things, 255 bucks for one is a little over my spending budget right now.

Here's hoping that Hussie sells these on whatpumpkin for a more reasonable price.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Actually I think I like the $55 one the most. I love physical copies of games, but it would have to be a pretty crazy thing to warrant $55 for the physical copy alone.

E: Oh, that's the print? OK nah that's alright, I think I'll pass.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 4, 2012

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

Well, that was a nice global economy we had there. Andrew Hussie just earned all the money.
Well, you charge what the market will bear.

Of course, this particular market is driven by psychotic obsessives, so...

friendlyNeurotoxin
Sep 14, 2011

Super High-school Level Slacker
Okay. I can safely say that wasn't what I expected by a thing.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Man, I really want one of those scalemate plushies, but I don't really care about any of the other stuff that comes along with it. As much as I want one of those adorable things, 255 bucks for one is a little over my spending budget right now.

Here's hoping that Hussie sells these on whatpumpkin for a more reasonable price.

Every time scalemate plushes come up, someone in the know has more or less said that it's impossible to make them(they are hand-made, after all) at the quantities that can approach the massive demand for them, so unless they manage some kind of sweet toymaker contract for a HUGE batch, which itself would take a pretty big startup of cash, they're always going to be a somewhat exclusive item.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Nate RFB posted:

Actually I think I like the $55 one the most. I love physical copies of games, but it would have to be a pretty crazy thing to warrant $55 for the physical copy alone.

E: Oh, that's the print? OK nah that's alright, I think I'll pass.

I'm a sucker for physical media v:geno:v

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

It's already hit 10% of it's fundraising and it's barely been up 30 minutes :stare:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I am cracking up at the Shipping Chart

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Zikan posted:

It's already hit 10% of it's fundraising and it's barely been up 30 minutes :stare:

It's actually been up for about an hour.

But still god drat. :stare:

EDIT: ^^ I had no much idea all those trolls secretly hated each other, and themselves

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Someone start up another kickstarter to raise a million dollars so we can make a fantroll the most important character in homestuck.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I offer up Faygo the Fantroll, the Faygo of Faygo. His symbol is the Faygo logo and his horns are Faygo bottles. His strife specibus is Faygokind.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is going to end in tears. I just don't know whose yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
The pledge total wen up by $7,000 in the time it took me to watch the trailer. This thing ends in October.