Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
If Andrew Hussie offered to make one ship of a person's choice canon for a million dollars, I'm pretty sure there'd be people who would pony up for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Tollymain posted:

This is going to end in tears. I just don't know whose yet.

Everyones. People who hate Homestuck's, people who love Homestuck's, people who make things for Homestuck's.

Even Hussie will end up in tears.

Tear of LAUGHTER.

Because this whole thing has just been one long, long, long con.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Here's hoping Ryan North puts 100,000 dollars of Andrew Hussie's money toward Andrew Hussie's game to make his fantroll a character in Andrew Hussie's webcomic.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

CuddlyZombie posted:

I am cracking up at the Shipping Chart

I feel sorry for the people in Fiji who think they'll get free shipping based on that map.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Maybe he'll just make the game on his own and keep the 700 grand for an outing to Olive Garden

But seriously, Sburb: The Game is pretty much the best thing.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

YF-23 posted:

But seriously, Sburb: The Game is pretty much the best thing.

Sburb's beta was a poorly designed buggy piece of poo poo :colbert:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
We're all gonna have egg on our face when the game ends up being the full release of Sburb.

The comic's just been one long guide of What Not To Do.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Haha, christ, I just got back from vacation and noticed the kickstarter, thought it might have been up since Friday or something, what with $80k+ already pledged.

Nope, probably been up for only a couple hours, already at $100k after simply reading through the description in its entirety.

Hussie, you know not what you have done.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

CuddlyZombie posted:

Sburb's beta was a poorly designed buggy piece of poo poo :colbert:

Yeah, the Alpha was solid. How do you get worse with more production time?

We also now know why the horizontal advertisement was dropped.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
An interesting nuance: the game has an expected release date of Dec 2014. He also says that Homestuck will be complete by the time the game is being worked on.

Implications!

e: He flat out says 2013 is the end date. I am good at reading comprehension.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
My brain hasn't quite accepted this as a thing that is actually happening. Good god. :psyduck:

I wish I could afford to pledge. :(

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Christ that was fast:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ariong posted:

Here's hoping Ryan North puts 100,000 dollars of Andrew Hussie's money toward Andrew Hussie's game to make his fantroll a character in Andrew Hussie's webcomic.

But Ryan's Original Character Do Not Steal is already in the comic! Have you forgotten about Ms. Paint?

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
Oh poo poo, I gotta get the SNOUTPAK. Time to sell off some useless poo poo.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug

Ammat The Ankh posted:

If Andrew Hussie offered to make one ship of a person's choice canon for a million dollars, I'm pretty sure there'd be people who would pony up for that.
There's something even better. :allears:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What did Kickstarter do to piss off Hussie? Everyone knows the site is going to be demolished by tomorrow morning.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So who's going to be the first to ship Kickstarter into the Homestuckiverse. And with who?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
You all laugh but there's a nonzero chance someone out there is loopy enough to pony up 100k to get their fantroll into the comic. Then we'll all have to deal with Sephiroth the TrollHog and who'll be laughing then? No one.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
For gently caress's sake Hussie you could have at least made a real video :colbert:

Oh who am I kidding nobody who doesn't already read the comic is going to watch that anyways.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The Midnight Crew started out as characters from a fan's D&D game so I say bring on the fan characters. :colbert:

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

Seoinin posted:

You all laugh but there's a nonzero chance someone out there is loopy enough to pony up 100k to get their fantroll into the comic. Then we'll all have to deal with Sephiroth the TrollHog and who'll be laughing then? No one.

Yeah, but they'd be killed in the second panel.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Zandar posted:

Yeah, but they'd be killed in the second panel.

That's for $10,000.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I really hope someone throws down the 10K and gets really pissed when their rainbowblood with a wyrm (not dragon, original character okay) lusus is just shown in a flashback of Vriska feeding spidermom.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ariong posted:

That's for $10,000.

No, $10k to get it in the comic at all. $100k to get it to not die in the first panel. No guarantees about the second/third/fourth/etc. panels.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm surprised this is a thing that's actually happening. Who knew that the post-Homestuck project would be... Homestuck?

It better be followed up with a Problem Sleuth game. :colbert:

But really- an adventure game is the perfect genre for something like this. I wonder if they'll sort of puzzletize the repeating jokes/events as concepts you can apply to situations or something. You're going to have the biggest, weirdest inventory ever though. And god, the alchemization stuff will make things all sorts of crazy in a real game if you can really go wild with it. Though that would require a LOT of art assets. Or some sort of system to handle item-hybridization, which could probably be done with a number of object chunks. ...but that's a lot of work for something that's probably ultimately just for a puzzle or two.

Whatever they do with it, I'm sure it'll be one of the most entertaining games I'll play in a long while.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Aaaaand someone's going to rob a bank in an attempt to make their lovely fantroll the most important character in Homestuck. This is almost inevitable.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Or some sort of system to handle item-hybridization

The game would require a lot of hybridisation, period. From the class/attribute combinations, to the Lands of A and B, to item alchemisation.

I'm honestly not too sure how well it can work. In webcomic format as it is, the possibilities really are endless, because nothing stops Hussie from just drawing up a new idea, or combining two ideas, and having them work, because the human mind has creativity whereas a computer game would have to work within constraints.

It would need to have a truly impressive database of items and just about everything for it to work well enough. But if reading these things has done anything, it's inspire confidence in me that Hussie will get it right.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Well its an Adventure game, so you probably wont even be able to alchemize things that dont advance the plot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've come upon the realization that Homestuck is basically like Dethklok, except for real.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Ten thousand smackers is almost worth getting that fantroll that is also a monocle-wearing triceratops to become canon.

Almost.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No one's gonna get the $10,000 or higher ones. I refuse to believe that a person exists out there who could both afford that and be willing to spend it on something so pointless.

They're just jokes, and they're funny.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine

Regy Rusty posted:

No one's gonna get the $10,000 or higher ones. I refuse to believe that a person exists out there who could both afford that and be willing to spend it on something so pointless.

They're just jokes, and they're funny.

I completely expect at least one person to pledge $10,000. Maybe even two. I'd be disappointed otherwise.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

VJeff posted:

I've come upon the realization that Homestuck is basically like Dethklok, except for real.

That's.....a terrifyingly accurate comparison, actually.

At least as far as internet society, anyway.

Definitely contributing to this. Not sure what tier to pledge at though. Willing to spend as high as the Snoutpack because those plushies are freaking adorable but I would much prefer the shirt/pins from the MSPA funpack. Decisions.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
If Hussie really wanted the money he should've thrown "Your favorite dead character gets brought back to life" in there near the upper tiers.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cubivore posted:

I completely expect at least one person to pledge $10,000. Maybe even two. I'd be disappointed otherwise.

I'll believe it when I see it.

And then I'll, I dunno, cry or something.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

$10k is a bargain to get FISTER ROBOTO included in Homestuck. He's part robot and his horns are shaped like fists and his typing quirk is that he types with his fists (and sometimes his hornfists).

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm pretty sure at least one person will pledge $10,000 by the end of it.

Now $100,000, then I'd be pretty loving terrified.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Seoinin posted:

If Hussie really wanted the money he should've thrown "Your favorite dead character gets brought back to life" in there near the upper tiers.

Optimistic viewpoint: He knows people would probably pool their money to get Vriska back, and doesn't want them to do that because he already plans to bring her back at some point.

Surely that's why.

:unsmith:

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I fully expect the game to be like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy adventure game. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
And of course this whole deal was hinted at in Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff