Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Manifest posted:

Oh how I love bash. Thanks dude, I just set up a cron job to dump it into my music folder every morning.

I had this big mess of a batch file that would run off of windows task scheduler and combine the files into one mp3 every day, and drop it off into my Google Music folder. It was horribly complicated and finicky. Now I just manually download and enqueue with BeyondPod on my phone when I'm taking a poo poo in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
This all sounds harribly complicated. I'll just pay Teddy to do it.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

It is a little shocking how awkward he is on camera...he's been in the public eye for half his life.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, he looked really nervous, it will probably take him a few episodes to get it down, everyone who isn't a real pro on camera does that.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Isn't AppleTV like three years old who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress?

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

"Impressions Week" has been a pretty big dud for me. Although, hearing older episodes with Jackie and Bllly and Artie really makes me miss somebody in that chair. Howard has no "banter" now, and he hasn't since Artie left.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Wasco Jr. posted:

Isn't AppleTV like three years old who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress?

Apple barely promotes the thing as it is. I liked the LED lights on his Monster brand HDMI cable. That cost more then than device he was showing.

Also if you are that fat, don't turn sideways on camera.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Sasquatch! posted:

"Impressions Week" has been a pretty big dud for me. Although, hearing older episodes with Jackie and Bllly and Artie really makes me miss somebody in that chair. Howard has no "banter" now, and he hasn't since Artie left.

Yeah this is the exact reason I have to listen to recordings of the show so I can fast-forward through dead spots in the show where it's Howard talking about mundane stuff or letting Bobo fellate him for 10 minutes.

I guess it'll never happen at this point since Howard said he lost the budget for having someone in the Artie chair, but I think someone like Jim Bruer would be perfect for the show. He's funny, a good storyteller, and does great impressions.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Just put Richard in the chair, pay him the same, and be done with it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

Apple barely promotes the thing as it is. I liked the LED lights on his Monster brand HDMI cable. That cost more then than device he was showing.

Also if you are that fat, don't turn sideways on camera.

I thought he was losing weight, he only eats egg whites and shrimp.

He was moving around like a puppet, very strange gestures and waving his hands around like he was the CEO of a company forced to be in a commercial

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Manifest posted:

Just put Richard in the chair, pay him the same, and be done with it.

Oh that would be delightful. Richard is so ridiculously fun and charming.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

Oh that would be delightful. Richard is so ridiculously fun and charming.

Plus it would drive Sal, Ronnie, and everyone else in the back office who is desperate to be on the air insane.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
So I guess Nick and Artie will start the video shooting tomorrow night?
Anyone know what that will be shown on?
Hopefully it's not strictly Direct TV.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, what is it with radio shows having completely stupid and awkward ways to watch them on tv?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Does anyone have the "OBAMA!" clip that Howard used to play all the time? It was from that crazy preacher in NY. The "OBAMA is a long-legged mac-daddy" guy.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Kelly posted:

Does anyone have the "OBAMA!" clip that Howard used to play all the time? It was from that crazy preacher in NY. The "OBAMA is a long-legged mac-daddy" guy.

I have both on my drive at home. I'll post them tonight.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Manifest posted:

I have both on my drive at home. I'll post them tonight.

Awesome, thanks!

I got a new computer and can't find it anywhere - it's not on my external with all of the media stuff so I haven't the foggiest where it could have gone.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Kelly posted:

"OBAMA PIMPS WHITE WOMEN AND BLACK WOMEN!"

http://www.mediafire.com/?d51gs1vdelks107

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

A SCREW AND A NUT!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
MY SON CAME HOME FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND SAID "DAD I GOT NO ONE TO GO TO THE PROM WITH COS ALL THE GIRLS IN MY CLASS ARE GAY, BUT TWO OF THEM STRAIGHT BUT BOTH OF THEM UGLY"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

L E S B I A N

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

YO BUTT AINT MADE FOR THAT

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

AxeManiac posted:

Looks like the liberal agenda made them gay it up. Nick must be steaming!

Well, those are gay poses, but the website itself is just ugly and tacky and looks like it fell out of a "How to Make Websites" book from the 90s.

And gives a wrong timezone (EDT)

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The ghost of Artie is upset he has to point at something

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

DeadBonesBrook posted:

MY SON CAME HOME FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND SAID "DAD I GOT NO ONE TO GO TO THE PROM WITH COS ALL THE GIRLS IN MY CLASS ARE GAY, BUT TWO OF THEM STRAIGHT BUT BOTH OF THEM UGLY"

Lol that preacher kicks rear end. Loved that segment when it first came out.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Kelly posted:

It is a little shocking how awkward he is on camera...he's been in the public eye for half his life.

It's like someone took his shirt and ripped the neck open at the last second.

Also the segment on the TV book, who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I'm going to go out on a limb here and bet that Gary's next book will be called, "They Still Call Me Babba Booey".

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Kelly posted:

It ranks right up there with "Oprah Winfrey, negro woman from the south.".

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

The ghost of Artie is upset he has to point at something

If those are the Force ghosts of Nick and Artie, who would be the stalwart warrior whose perspective we're looking at them from?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Djarum posted:

Beat me to it!

Does anyone have a link to Gary's episode of Playlist?
I heard Howard and Fred goofing on it, but missed the actual show.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

AltronHGX posted:

If those are the Force ghosts of Nick and Artie, who would be the stalwart warrior whose perspective we're looking at them from?

Jar Jar of Heroin

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How has N&A been these days? I stopped listening back in April or so because I just couldn't stomach the constant middle-school level gay bashing of their producer, Dan and also the typical terrestrial radio bullshit (stay tuned because when we come back..., *abruptly changing topics every 4 loving minutes to hit each bullet point of what the executives think will hit the most demographics*, etc).

edit: Also, anything essential happen since I stopped listening? You guys keep saying something about some 20 year old twins and even that sounds like a turn-off because I can already imagine Artie insulting them non-stop because their generation of popmusic/tv isn't exactly in line with his, which is loving annoying as hell. I sound like I hate Artie but it's just his macho-macho-macho man persona bullshit I loving despise since he is the biggest momma-dependent man-child on earth. But his quick, razor sharp wit is why I became a fan of THSS to begin with :shobon:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 7, 2012

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

AltronHGX posted:

How has N&A been these days? I stopped listening back in April or so because I just couldn't stomach the constant middle-school level gay bashing of their producer, Dan and also the typical terrestrial radio bullshit (stay tuned because when we come back..., *abruptly changing topics every 4 loving minutes to hit each bullet point of what the executives think will hit the most demographics*, etc).

edit: Also, anything essential happen since I stopped listening? You guys keep saying something about some 20 year old twins and even that sounds like a turn-off because I can already imagine Artie insulting them non-stop because their generation of popmusic/tv isn't exactly in line with his, which is loving annoying as hell. I sound like I hate Artie but it's just his macho-macho-macho man persona bullshit I loving despise since he is the biggest momma-dependent man-child on earth. But his quick, razor sharp wit is why I became a fan of THSS to begin with :shobon:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/30/artie-lange-suspended-direct-tv-nick-and-artie-show-pissing/

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Djarum posted:

You are the coolest, thank you!

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001

AltronHGX posted:

How has N&A been these days?

The high point of the show was around the time that the Sandusky scandal broke, I think, and it's not been as funny since the twins joined.

It seems like every news story is a trigger for a "men can't be men anymore" rant, and surprisingly Nick isn't nearly as loud as Artie.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Slaine posted:

It seems like every news story is a trigger for a "men can't be men anymore" rant, and surprisingly Nick isn't nearly as loud as Artie.
Oof, that sounds unbearable for me :(

What is the deal with the twins? Who are they? What do they do exactly?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I wonder if Nick and Artie would be this bitter if they were less privileged?

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001
^^ They both came from blue-collar backgrounds, didn't they?

AltronHGX posted:

Oof, that sounds unbearable for me :(

What is the deal with the twins? Who are they? What do they do exactly?

Your guess was spot on, really. They're 20-something blonde chicks from Chicago who Artie props up as an example of how dumb the younger generation is, and how they can't do anything.

They're basically interns and their segments just showcase how naive they are.

Slaine fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 8, 2012

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, they are just punching bags.

Artie was poor, he came from nothing, his father was paralyzed when he was a young man (because he didn't go to work with him and hold the ladder he fell off, instead he blew it off because of hangovers and stuff) and they got along by generally being scumbags, doing what it takes to survive.

Artie also has the same birthday as me :unsmith:

Nick I have no idea about, but he is king of a typical "I got mine, gently caress you" kind of guy who lives in the stone age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Wig zapruder film

http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/38030-***BREAKING-HARD-The-Letterman-Incident-or-How-I-Learned-to-Love-the-Wig!/page10