Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
In the middle of the video, it says the dual clutch gearbox came out during the MkIV. Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Didn't the mk4 R32 have it?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Didn't the mk4 R32 have it?

It was only in the EU market I think.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Weinertron posted:

What's going on with Genesis Coupes? I didn't realize until recently what a huge power bump the 2013s got, but no dealer my gigantic city has one on the lot that I can come look at the interior, let alone one with a stick for me to test drive. Are they selling like crazy or just barely build any at all?

I'd also appreciate opinions from anyone who owns one or seriously considered one. I'm tempted by the cheap power in something that should have a passable chassis and brakes, especially with the R-spec package.

Production was halted to accommodate the increased demand from their other vehicles. Hyundai is finishing a new plant right now and I believe that GC production should start up within a month. I'm guessing that new deliveries will start showing up around November.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

fknlo posted:

Glad those new Golf pictures didn't make me regret my recent purchase of a 2013 TDI. Hopefully they can keep the quality up and not take it the same route of the mk6 Jetta.

The A6 Jetta/NCS was designed specifically for the North American market, as was the NMS Passat. They will not decontent the A7 Golf, which is a true world car. Plus, the Golf will still be made in Germany.

Good rule of thumb for VW's current product strategy: If it's NA market, expect size increases and a broader price range with a focus on competing head-to-head with Japanese, Korean and American peers. If it's a true world car (Golf, Tiguan, Touareg), expect the traditional semipremium VW values.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Throatwarbler posted:

It was only in the EU market I think.

Only in Germany, actually.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

KozmoNaut posted:

Only in Germany, actually.

Isn't that like against the Maastricht Treaty or something?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

oRenj9 posted:

Production was halted to accommodate the increased demand from their other vehicles. Hyundai is finishing a new plant right now and I believe that GC production should start up within a month. I'm guessing that new deliveries will start showing up around November.

Also, I believe they had some labor troubles with their unions.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

In the middle of the video, it says the dual clutch gearbox came out during the MkIV. Really?

The first gen Audi TT 3.2 had it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

No, Honda. No! Bad company! Put it down.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

I don't know, it looks better than the usual bland-rear end crap they've been putting out lately.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Those rims seriously look like they would extend out to thrash tires like in a Bond/Mad Max movie.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The front end looks like a last-gen Hyundai Sonata put through a scrambler.

It's seriously fugly. Like they took the worst aspects of the Honda and the old pignose Subaru design language, then added a dash of awkward Chrysler Sebring.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

oh no

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

That blue mustache. Come on.

SentinelXS
Aug 30, 2009

Why don't you make like a tree, and FUCK OFF?

It's making a :getin: face.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SentinelXS posted:

It's making a :getin: face.

I just can't see it. Since kimbo pointed out the mustache all I can hear it saying is "It's-a me, Mario!"

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

davebo posted:

I just can't see it. Since kimbo pointed out the mustache all I can hear it saying is "It's-a me, Mario!"

aaaaaaaaaand it's ruined for me too now.

ZippySLC
Jun 3, 2002

~what is art, baby dont post, dont post, no more~

no seriously don't post

CornHolio posted:

I don't know, it looks better than the usual bland-rear end crap they've been putting out lately.

I'll take bland over ugly any day of the week.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What the gently caress is that?

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

ZippySLC posted:

http://www.dieselstation.com/wallpapers/albums/Honda/Accord-2012/Honda-Accord-2012-06.jpg

Glued on fake trunk lights = ugly. Thats not to say the new hybrid accord isnt ugly as poo poo, but honda accords are offensively lovely looking.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Endless Mike posted:

What the gently caress is that?

It's the 2014 Accord plug-in hybrid and it's loving ugly.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I'm a firm believer that disabled people have a place in the workforce like anybody else, but did Honda have to put their blind employees in the styling department?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I think the most offensive part to me is that the wheels appear to be turning the wrong way. Shouldn't it be more like a machete than a scythe?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I think they were told "Go look at some KIA's and rip them off" and did so in committee fashion.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Keyser S0ze posted:

I think they were told "Go look at some KIA's and rip them off" and did so in committee fashion.

It was designed in a wind tunnel powered by farts.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Keyser S0ze posted:

I think this is what happened, it has those side ridges that Hyundai has been doing combined with an attempt to make the front end look more truck-like, I think.

Did the Camry get a refresh recently? Does it too look like an industrial accident? Maybe this is what it takes to be a big volume seller.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

drat fine looking wagon, and it will probably be a better package than the TSX altnernative. Hopefully I can find a good example in 5-8 years when the little woman's ready to let go of her Civic.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Weinertron posted:

I think this is what happened, it has those side ridges that Hyundai has been doing combined with an attempt to make the front end look more truck-like, I think.

Did the Camry get a refresh recently? Does it too look like an industrial accident? Maybe this is what it takes to be a big volume seller.

The Camry looks presentable. The Avalon looks like hot rear end, though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cream_Filling posted:

There's no way that wasn't designed in loving China.

War Bunny
Jul 7, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.
I did a search and didn't find anything in the forums, so I thought I'd just plop this here. Are there any Dodge goons here? If there's not enough Dodge goons to have a thread, does anyone know respectable Dodge or SRT forums? I know I can just google for "Dodge forums," but it's not like AI is coming up googling for car stuff.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Cream_Filling posted:

This, this is the car of an orthodontist.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

War Bunny posted:

I did a search and didn't find anything in the forums, so I thought I'd just plop this here. Are there any Dodge goons here? If there's not enough Dodge goons to have a thread, does anyone know respectable Dodge or SRT forums? I know I can just google for "Dodge forums," but it's not like AI is coming up googling for car stuff.
I know there's at least one other Dodge goon (Mighty Horse), and I'd love to talk old turbo Dodge and newerish SRT4/Abarth so go right ahead and see where it goes.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

blk posted:

drat fine looking wagon, and it will probably be a better package than the TSX altnernative. Hopefully I can find a good example in 5-8 years when the little woman's ready to let go of her Civic.

Please Mazda, offer this with a stick!
And no I dont mean that bullshit you normally do where you offer a vehicle with a stick, but only on the poverty spec model.

My Mazda5 will be getting up there age wise in a couple years. This would be perfect for a replacement.

Franco Caution fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 6, 2012

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

blk posted:

This, this is a shooting brake, yes, it is. Love the front. Just a dab of essence of Volvo, and a dash of fine german attitude.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Apparently there's a new Ferrari coming out, the F12 and it's 2 seconds faster than the Enzo around the Ferrari track?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

Apparently there's a new Ferrari coming out, the F12 and it's 2 seconds faster than the Enzo around the Ferrari track?

Search around -- there's been a few video reviews.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Franco Caution posted:

Please Mazda, offer this with a stick!
And no I dont mean that bullshit you normally do where you offer a vehicle with a stick, but only on the poverty spec model.

Judging by the rest of their lineup, I don't see this happening.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

kimbo305 posted:

Search around -- there's been a few video reviews.
Hm, I figured I would probably be a bit behind the ball but I just got a road and track in the mail and it was the cover story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

ZippySLC posted:

Good news, there's a normal gas powered one too!

Looks alright to me; the design will probably age better than the Sonata. They are doing one car worldwide this time around, so this is a few inches shorter and functionally a replacement for the Acura TSX.