Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Once Rise hits level 77 she learns Relaxing Wave, which restores 5% of HP and SP after each battle.

After that remorse conservation becomes trivial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Make it back to the entrance of the TV world and grind the lesser dungeons for cash and treasure. If you get low on SP, hang around Yukiko's castle until you luck out on an Arcana chance. Try to get a Persona with Cool Breeze, and once Rise hit level 77 you'll regenerate 5% of your HP/SP after every fight. Even once you've started the final dungeon you're still allowed to go back and shop.

It might be a bit of a slog grinding for Chewing Souls or whatever but you are in no way screwed.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Does anyone have or know where I can get an awesome save for Persona 1 and/or 2 on psp that's at the beginning of the game with godly characters? I want to know the stories but the gameplay bits can go to hell. Less so with 2 than 1 but even still I want to just breeze through.

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

Len posted:

Does anyone have or know where I can get an awesome save for Persona 1 and/or 2 on psp that's at the beginning of the game with godly characters? I want to know the stories but the gameplay bits can go to hell. Less so with 2 than 1 but even still I want to just breeze through.

Gamefaqs usually has this kind of thing, have you tried there? This may sound obvious so forgive me, that's just usually where I go for that sort of thing.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Re: P4 Help

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Unfortunately the things I need are the soul items. Maybe I'll get them eventually.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Dehry posted:

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Unfortunately the things I need are the soul items. Maybe I'll get them eventually.

I'd say as long as you go into the final boss with full SP (grinding enough money to pay the fox will be trivial if you did his social link at all) you'll be able to manage. You might start to run out toward the end, but as long as you're careful about not wasting all your healer's SP you should be fine.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dehry posted:

Out of curiosity, what's your party? I used Kanji until the end of the game and despite his terrible SP pool, I rarely had problems.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kanji should really only be using his spells for knockdowns, so his low SP isn't really a downside against bosses.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dr Pepper posted:

Kanji should really only be using his spells for knockdowns, so his low SP isn't really a downside against bosses.

Yeah, there's really no reason to use his spells (other than buffs, I guess) when you can use Primal Force.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's actually a little weird because he has the skillset of an all rounder character but his stats just don't support it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Didn't The Golden add Power Charge to his arsenal? That would go a long way IMO to make Kanji more viable.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dr Pepper posted:

It's actually a little weird because he has the skillset of an all rounder character but his stats just don't support it.

And he's still arguably the most useful character in the game (Besides Teddie, I suppose).

Nate RFB posted:

Didn't The Golden add Power Charge to his arsenal? That would go a long way IMO to make Kanji more viable.

Oh poo poo. There goes the only reason to ever use Chie. Tarukaja + Power Charge + Primal Force would probably deal over 1800 damage, right?

Arist fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 6, 2012

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Kanji Yosuke Chie team 4 lyfe.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Nate RFB posted:

Power Charge and Regenerate 3.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Kanji Yosuke Chie team 4 lyfe.

gently caress Yosuke, should be Kanji Chie and Teddie. Admittedly you can only really use this party on bosses but whatever.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I used Yukiko since she seemed the last awful of everyone else. It was really hard to make a full team in that game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Momomo posted:

I used Yukiko since she seemed the last awful of everyone else. It was really hard to make a full team in that game.

Teddie outclasses Yukiko pretty qucikly thanks to his diversity. Everyone is viable, though (except Naoto). Also, Salvation costs way too much SP to use every turn (as opposed to just Mediarahn).

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

MrAristocrates posted:

Teddie outclasses Yukiko pretty qucikly thanks to his diversity. Everyone is viable, though (except Naoto). Also, Salvation costs way too much SP to use every turn (as opposed to just Mediarahn).

Yukiko has such a massive SP pool that Salvation's cost really just doesn't matter.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

King of Solomon posted:

Yukiko has such a massive SP pool that Salvation's cost really just doesn't matter.

It did for one of my final boss runs, when I nearly ran out because I was healing every turn. :v:

Anyway, Teddie can do pretty much anything you want him to do. I usually stop using Yukiko as a main team member after Kanji joins (I use my own Persona to heal until Teddie joins).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not to mention Yukiko hits like a loving truck with her fire spells even without the boost and amp. She's up there with Yosuke as being one of the best teammates in the game. Also, if Salvation's cost is bugging you that much, then just don't get rid of it, it's not like it immediately transforms, they give you the option of getting rid of mediarahan or not.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Not to mention Yukiko hits like a loving truck with her fire spells even without the boost and amp. She's up there with Yosuke as being one of the best teammates in the game. Also, if Salvation's cost is bugging you that much, then just don't get rid of it, it's not like it immediately transforms, they give you the option of getting rid of mediarahan or not.

It was never an actual problem since I had a bunch of Somas by that point anyway. I just never saw Yukiko as that useful. Teddie's buffs and ability to cure statuses were much more useful to me in a healer than pure damage output (especially because I had Kanji and maybe Chie on the team, so I was dealing about 3000 damage every 2-3 turns).

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm using Yukiko, Chie, and Naoto. Galactic Punt rocks, Yukiko is just good period, and Naoto has been useful with the Almighty Light and Dark damage.

From what I can tell my two options at this point are Die or finish the story. I'm running around now just grinding.

Edit: Also the others are around 50 while my party is at 77

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The problem with Teddie is that his weakness never disappears, so it creates a giant hole in the team's defense. Not even that, it's not like Teddie puts outs great damage or has a fantastic SP pool, sure he has some good skills, but it will become apparent very quickly that having two good buffs is not enough to compensate for both of those things, especially not enough to say something like he outclasses her. This is not even bringing up how Teddie takes quite a bit of damage even in late game with good armor and how his HP is not fantastic either. They give Teddie some useful things, but it's completely undermind by him having quite a good amount of drawbacks, the most glaring being his weakness not vanishing ever. Yukiko's high natural damage output with fire spells, great SP pool, and being a dedicated healer all put her up there as one of the essentials to have in the group, only being beaten by Yosuke who is basically the best teammate in the game. Her having buffs or debuffs is absolutely inconsequential to her overall performance.

I mean sure, you can say "SP doesn't matter because I can just use items" but that applies to the rule of "I can make up for the shortcomings of my character by X" in which case, it renders debating who is better than who pointless because you can just make up for their shortcomings by either having your main character cover that spot or by essentially using items to say "That didn't happen, NOPE." It's fine using who you like, but Yukiko is not outclassed by Teddie, if anything it's sort of the other way around.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Teddie is outclassed by anyone, because then I don't have to listen to his voice. The characters in general seem pretty weak, so I felt the MC had to do everyone's job anyway. I might as well use who I hate least.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like some people didn't get rainy day items and outfit Kanji to be a beast. :smug:

Seriously, Moon potpurri(random gold chest in 8 bit dungeon) and a rainy day item from the same dungeon and you remove all of his weakness, I had him with more agility than Yosuke and almost 400sp.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sex_Ferguson posted:

The problem with Teddie is that his weakness never disappears, so it creates a giant hole in the team's defense. Not even that, it's not like Teddie puts outs great damage or has a fantastic SP pool, sure he has some good skills, but it will become apparent very quickly that having two good buffs is not enough to compensate for both of those things, especially not enough to say something like he outclasses her. This is not even bringing up how Teddie takes quite a bit of damage even in late game with good armor and how his HP is not fantastic either. They give Teddie some useful things, but it's completely undermind by him having quite a good amount of drawbacks, the most glaring being his weakness not vanishing ever. Yukiko's high natural damage output with fire spells, great SP pool, and being a dedicated healer all put her up there as one of the essentials to have in the group, only being beaten by Yosuke who is basically the best teammate in the game. Her having buffs or debuffs is absolutely inconsequential to her overall performance.

I mean sure, you can say "SP doesn't matter because I can just use items" but that applies to the rule of "I can make up for the shortcomings of my character by X" in which case, it renders debating who is better than who pointless because you can just make up for their shortcomings by either having your main character cover that spot or by essentially using items to say "That didn't happen, NOPE." It's fine using who you like, but Yukiko is not outclassed by Teddie, if anything it's sort of the other way around.

First, weaknesses in Golden don't disappear. That won't be a problem. And I almost never had a serious problem with Teddie/Yukiko's weaknesses in the late game. For my runs, at least, buffs were critical (It's part of the reason I always kept Kanji around). I prefer Amrita to Salvation. I never needed great damage on Teddie's ice attacks.

And how did you get that I was reliant on items? I only use Somas if I'm in serious poo poo. I use maybe 2 or 3 maximum per playthrough.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are we talking about Golden? I thought we were just talking about the original game in general. Also, I wasn't really directing that item statement at you, it was more just a general thing. Anyways, I completely forgot that Yukiko retained her weakness to ice so that's actually a decent enough negative in her case. Also, if that's how you're playing then that's fine, but I'm mostly just responding to the whole "Teddie outclasses Yukiko" statement with most of what I was saying. Really, you can play the game with any team combination and still do a good enough job.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Teddie's problem is that the game only gives him 8 skill slots.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dr Pepper posted:

Teddie's problem is that the game only gives him 8 skill slots.

• Marakukaja
  • Diarahan
  • Amrita
  • Mediarahan
  • Bufudyne
  • Mabufudyne
  • Ice Amp
  • Samarecarm

Never really had a problem there.

Edit: Though Dekunda is a tragic loss in this setup.

Arist fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 6, 2012

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Not to switch the topic, but a buddy and me discuss SMT on a regular basis and it kind of got me wanting to play Imagine...any goons in here play it now that Atlus is over it?

Also if anyone knows what is the deal with Gabriel and Michael being locked out for international servers?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Diabetic posted:

Not to switch the topic, but a buddy and me discuss SMT on a regular basis and it kind of got me wanting to play Imagine...any goons in here play it now that Atlus is over it?

Also if anyone knows what is the deal with Gabriel and Michael being locked out for international servers?

The deal with that is that Imagine will always be severely mismanaged, no matter who runs it.:sigh:

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

MrAristocrates posted:

• Marakukaja
  • Diarahan
  • Amrita
  • Mediarahan
  • Bufudyne
  • Mabufudyne
  • Ice Amp
  • Samarecarm

I'd skip Amrita for Dekunda and use items, Amrita is one of my least-favorite skills in games not subtitled Devil Survivor.

Used Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko the entire game and never looked back, retained weaknesses may change this but I doubt it highly.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I used Teddie the first time through, and I kind of regretted it. It felt like a LOT of enemies and bosses used electrical attacks in the endgame. I feel like if you're going to have a dedicated healer/mage you might as well go with Yukiko who can dish out ridiculous damage and has a huge SP pool.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nate RFB posted:

I used Teddie the first time through, and I kind of regretted it. It felt like a LOT of enemies and bosses used electrical attacks in the endgame. I feel like if you're going to have a dedicated healer/mage you might as well go with Yukiko who can dish out ridiculous damage and has a huge SP pool.

I don't play Teddie as a mage, though. I use his offensive skills mostly for knockdowns. To me at least, Teddie's skills make him a better pure healer than Yukiko.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

• Marakukaja
  • Diarahan
  • Amrita
  • Mediarahan
  • Bufudyne
  • Mabufudyne
  • Ice Amp
  • Samarecarm

Yeah but two more slots and you could also give him Matarukaja and Ice Boost

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I feel like the only one who brought along who I liked and just played the best with what I had. I mean, sure, yukiko comes along because healing but that's about as far as I cared. Kanji was always with me for his :black101: "BRING IT ON"

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Drakenel posted:

I feel like the only one who brought along who I liked and just played the best with what I had. I mean, sure, yukiko comes along because healing but that's about as far as I cared. Kanji was always with me for his :black101: "BRING IT ON"

I dropped Yosuke for Kanji because Yosuke's an rear end in a top hat and Kanji's the greatest. :colbert:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Drakenel posted:

I'm not saying that Kanji is the best character in mechanics, I am saying that he is a tough guy who knits and hits things with a folding chair, and therefore he is the best character period.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Technique posted:

The deal with that is that Imagine will always be severely mismanaged, no matter who runs it.:sigh:

Imagine owned so hard back when it first came out. I was the only person with an Empusa and so many people got creeped out when I would run her up to them and just sit there. Empusa wrecked faces at lower levels, too, so it was practical as well. I still have the little fusion guide I made to beeline for them. I love those scaly, hooved, cat lady things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sadly Yosuke is one of the best all-around characters for combat. Has good physical and magical stats, fastest character, a decent party-wide buff, and even a good single-person heal spell.