Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Yeah he is, and he just posted some!

That loving salamander. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

Bobulus posted:

Well, I mean, they're somehow making at least a 1000 of them just for this kickstarter, so I doubt it's still just one gal making them. Hopefully they have a system down.

Hussie, in the Kickstarter description posted:

I think the scalemate plushes came out especially great. They are of almost impossibly high quality for something produced in bulk.

They're mass-produced. It seems he found a new supplier with good enough quality.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So I'm guessing Jade shrunk herself and John to explore the planets because I'm pretty sure at this point they are bored as gently caress.

Also Casey :3:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I was typing up a post, but then I flipped back to the MSPA tab and noticed the god drat duttle lurking in the shadows back there.

..hi, duttle.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

I like how everyone's houses are as tall as their planets are wide.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

AriadneThread posted:

I like how everyone's houses are as tall as their planets are wide.

Holy poo poo, that's what they are! I somehow never realized, or forgot or something. That's one hell of a revelation.

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Hello, my name is Fractale, and I have become hopelessly addicted to Homestuck.

And now they're making a game.

Oh God someone help me.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Fractale posted:

Hello, my name is Fractale, and I have become hopelessly addicted to Homestuck.

And now they're making a game.

Oh God someone help me.

Don't worry, you've come to the right place :getin:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Well Manicured Man posted:

Don't worry, you've come to the right place :getin:

I'm glad, because I'm sure to be punched if I said the fated words...

"Let me tell you about Homestuck...."

At least now my obsessions and soul-sucking addiction can be treasured here. Perhaps even one day sit in a pow-wow and I could reveal my misadventures as a Jade Harley at some point.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I think the most important part of this update is the return of the Duttle :3:

Jewel
May 2, 2009

No idea if this has been posted, but there was a Homestuck Animation WIP that got uploaded months ago, they updated it with a lot more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ec6t16dZUE&hd=1

Edit: vvvv Huffff, uhm. Way too much stuff crowdin' up my life for now.

Jewel fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 7, 2012

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Jewel posted:

No idea if this has been posted, but there was a Homestuck Animation WIP that got uploaded months ago, they updated it with a lot more!

I swear to god that animation makes me giddy. Why does it have to cut out at the end?!

Unrelated, but will you continue the Wario Series LP Jewel? I was enjoying it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Man, this isn't the intent, but I got really pissed off with how many pages were spent zooming in that window.

Still hoping John has spent the last year trying to grow a goatee or something.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Bobulus posted:

Man, this isn't the intent, but I got really pissed off with how many pages were spent zooming in that window.

Did he remember to keep some shaving cream on him, even?

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Bobulus posted:

I'm going to be very disappointed if he hasn't tried to grow some awful facial hair.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Triskelli posted:

I swear to god that animation makes me giddy. Why does it have to cut out at the end?!
the good thing is that it's taking long enough where it'll probably be able to tell the whole story by the time it's finished. and then when people ask what homestuck is we can just give them this animation :allears:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Sweet As Sin posted:

They could make smaller or different ones, and leave those as a limited edition, I guess.

I would buy the hell out of a miniature plush scalemate the size of those little voodoo keychain dolls. Can't decide though whether they should come with a keychain loop in their head, or a string noose stitched around their neck.

They'd probably be adorable either way. :3:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Gonna be honest, I didn't fund the Homestuck game. I'd rather buy it when it's done. Besides, it's funded. Hussie doesn't need my money. Plus he already got my money via all his books and all the bandcamps.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because I would so very instantly fund any Kickstarter that led to a Homestuck animated series because :sbahj: is that video loving amazing.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

DaveKap posted:

Gonna be honest, I didn't fund the Homestuck game. I'd rather buy it when it's done. Besides, it's funded. Hussie doesn't need my money. Plus he already got my money via all his books and all the bandcamps.

If you are gonna buy it anyway, put in a 15er, when it's released it'll be at retail price.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Jewel posted:

Every time I see this I feel my own attempts at animation becoming more and more moronicly childish. This person has such a great sense for linking shots together.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh man, so I guess this next walkaround flash will be with John and Jade in their Incipisphere? That's neat! Hopefully we'll learn a lot about how they've spent the last year, see what carapace and consort friends they've made, all that sort of stuff.

I wonder if they're going back and completing those personal quests of theirs? It's unclear how much those really matter, but meeting their denizens and whatnot might I guess.

Oh, since personal quests are supposed to be tailored to the personal development of the player, it'd be neat if John and Jade did Rose and Dave's personal quests to learn more about them since they miss them or something like that. Or maybe Davesprite would do Dave's since he's got just as legitimate a claim to it as Dave does?

I dunno, wild speculation I guess.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Dolash posted:

Oh man, so I guess this next walkaround flash will be with John and Jade in their Incipisphere? That's neat! Hopefully we'll learn a lot about how they've spent the last year, see what carapace and consort friends they've made, all that sort of stuff.

I wonder if they're going back and completing those personal quests of theirs? It's unclear how much those really matter, but meeting their denizens and whatnot might I guess.

Oh, since personal quests are supposed to be tailored to the personal development of the player, it'd be neat if John and Jade did Rose and Dave's personal quests to learn more about them since they miss them or something like that. Or maybe Davesprite would do Dave's since he's got just as legitimate a claim to it as Dave does?

I dunno, wild speculation I guess.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the walkaround will continue where it left off, Hussie just didn't want to make us wait around that long.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I'm guessing originally his plan was to do this stuff after the meteor/Beforus walkabout. Since he's already splitting up the walkabout it makes sense to intersperse it like this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Back when Aranea and Meenah were first introduced, I got it into my mind that all of the Alpha Trolls would basically be 180 personality flips of their Beta Troll counterparts.

So I was really really glad that they aren't like that. Hussie is masterful at his characterization, I couldn't have called Kankri, Porrim, or Latula being the way they are at ALL, and all it does is make me super curious as to what the rest of the Alpha Trolls are like.

Also, now that we've come all this way and basically have three different sets of trolls... I'm gonna be greedy and hope Hussie gives us a glance at the Alpha Trolls' ancestors, our original trolls as adults in a nice world :3:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Also, now that we've come all this way and basically have three different sets of trolls... I'm gonna be greedy and hope Hussie gives us a glance at the Alpha Trolls' ancestors, our original trolls as adults in a nice world :3:

Even though we're already well overloaded with trolls, if we get anything like the subtle but stylish glimpses we got at reverse ancestor(I'm lazy and making up terms) Rose and Dave, that would be pretty cool.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

But there's really nothing notable about the A1 troll ancestors. There isn't really any point in seeing them at all, whereas all the other sets of characters we've seen have been relevant to the plot.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

YF-23 posted:

But there's really nothing notable about the A1 troll ancestors. There isn't really any point in seeing them at all, whereas all the other sets of characters we've seen have been relevant to the plot.

But when we first saw the Beta ancestors (Mindfang and Redglare), we didn't know they were relevant to the plot. That came later.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

No more sets of characters please.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

YF-23 posted:

Scratch refers to the heroes of legend switching places with their descendants after the A1 trolls reset things. I figure at the very least we're going to get a little insight into A1 Vriska during her inevitable conversation with Aranea. A1 Karkat too, if Kankri ever manages to heave his loving train of thought in a productive direction.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

No more sets of characters please.

Pre and post scratch 128 player squiddle session and their ancestors

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Seoinin posted:

Scratch refers to the heroes of legend switching places with their descendants after the A1 trolls reset things. I figure at the very least we're going to get a little insight into A1 Vriska during her inevitable conversation with Aranea. A1 Karkat too, if Kankri ever manages to heave his loving train of thought in a productive direction.

I really doubt that though. Specifically thinking of the log in this page, Aranea seems to suggest Beforus was mostly boring. I mean, the kids from both universes are relevant because they played the game, obviously. The A2 ancestors are relevant because they play a huge role in the A2 kids' lives, which is because there is a whole lore behind ancestors in Alternia, and their great feats, accomplishments, and struggles. They become relevant in the kids' lives because Alternia is full of conflict and there's interesting stories to say about them. If A1 Vriska lived a perfectly normal life, what would that matter for Aranea? What would A1 Vriska even be remembered for?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Man I dunno. All I can tell you is that Hussie has yet to turn down an opportunity to make this poo poo more complicated than, strictly speaking, it needs to be.

e. looking back at the comic, seems like Scratch refers to all 24 of the trolls as "heroes of legend". Which I guess is different. Still if you don't want to hear the story of A1 Eridan, aka the best fuckin' secretary of the exchequer Beforus has ever seen, I submit that you are reading the wrong comic.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 7, 2012

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I would imagine the lives of Karkat and the gang were pretty uninteresting on Beforus, aside from Feferi, and we already basically know what she did as Empress just by looking at how Beforus turned out at all.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Okay, so, i've been binging on this for, like, a few weeks, and just finished Act 5 (holy poo poo, Cascade.) and i feel like i need a Homestuck avatar now. I vaguely remember, from waaaay long ago before i even cared about this, there being some sort of thread of something which listed unused avatars? Since, like, most of the best ones are probably taken anyway, but still, it would be kinda neat to avoid accidentally stealing someone else's, since half of SA has one. Did such a thread ever exist, or am i misremembering?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Technique posted:

Okay, so, i've been binging on this for, like, a few weeks, and just finished Act 5 (holy poo poo, Cascade.) and i feel like i need a Homestuck avatar now. I vaguely remember, from waaaay long ago before i even cared about this, there being some sort of thread of something which listed unused avatars? Since, like, most of the best ones are probably taken anyway, but still, it would be kinda neat to avoid accidentally stealing someone else's, since half of SA has one. Did such a thread ever exist, or am i misremembering?
It was page 2 or 3 of an older thread. The one person who kept it up to date kinda disappeared or went lurk-mode. It's easier if you just find something you want an avatar of and ask if someone (usually me at this point) will make it. If it's taken, there's usually a reply saying as much before the avatar gets done being made.

There was a point where 3 people took the "miracles" Gamzee avatar (albeit all 3 had different move speeds) and I think Popo is the only one left to keep it. It's not really a big deal if you get a duplicate.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh, okay, i'll just look for a decent Equius avatar and hope it's not taken then, thanks for the heads-up. :)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

nerdbot posted:

I would imagine the lives of Karkat and the gang were pretty uninteresting on Beforus, aside from Feferi, and we already basically know what she did as Empress just by looking at how Beforus turned out at all.
Some might be curious. Most people might not care if Arenea was as inspired by A1 Vriska as A2 Vriska was inspired by Mindfang, but I wouldn't consider my time wasted were I to find out. Besides, the Earth John Egbert grew up is boring by Alternian standards too, but there's plenty of interesting stuff in our world's history. What's to say there isn't t something interesting to compare and contrast even as a footnote?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Technique posted:

Oh, okay, i'll just look for a decent Equius avatar and hope it's not taken then, thanks for the heads-up. :)

Same text, but with Equius either wearing Nepeta's hat, or getting strangled by Gamzee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

At the very least, I'd like to find out what Meenah's lusus was. Seeing as there wouldn't have been a Doc Scratch to introduce a killer telepathic horrorterror with which to deform all of troll society to the whims of a self-centered young girl.