Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008
O.K., I have given up on Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank because once again he has a guest I really want to hear from but can't because Ari is a loving ADD addled crackhead who won't stop interrupting with stupid pointless tangents and inquries that just ruin the flow of the interview. I've heard Yoshi Obayashi mentioned in passing on other podcasts like Roegan's so I was really stoked when I saw his name on Ari's latest episodes-but Christ Ari is such a spaz I had to shut it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007
I could listen to Howard Kremer and Pete Holmes bullshit for the rest of eternity.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Whoever the guest is on the new How Did This Get Made is annoying to the point I had to turn it off.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

morestuff posted:

Whoever the guest is on the new How Did This Get Made is annoying to the point I had to turn it off.

Different strokes, I guess. I thought Jake Fogelnest was really funny, but then I really liked his podcast.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

morestuff posted:

Yeah, Jake Fogelnest is annoying.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Holy poo poo. The AV Club just reviewed my podcast.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/john-darnielle-rules-on-judge-john-hodgman-and-mik,84671/

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Whoa, nice! Congrats.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo, two straight weeks with a new Gelmania? Nice.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Very cool! Although "idiot aggregator" cuts to the bone. :(

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

SKULE123 posted:

Yeah. I thought that was an unnecessary and overly sharp term to use but I guess thats how some see these forums.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

King Lou posted:

Yeah. I thought that was an unnecessary and overly sharp term to use but I guess thats how some see these forums.

If anything was overly sharp it was how they described Dave Anthony on Who Charted!, the upside is that I can't imagine that mention not coming up hilariously on Walking the Room this week.

Happy for your success though - I didn't know the live shows were doing that well, which is cool to hear. Nowhere near NYC, but I'd go if one ever coincided with a visit.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

SKULE123 posted:

This occasionally comes as a surprise to people who have been members of the forums for a while, but Something Awful has a front page. One of the defining features of the front page is an awful link of the day: an aggregation, if you will, of sites made by idiots.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Congrats on the AV club review!

I also don't know why they said "cesspool of forums and idiot aggregator." I find Debate and Discussion and Ask/Tell to be some of the most informative places on the internet. I'd hate to know what they think of reddit, or the AV Club comment boards.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I also give a poo poo what some dude who's job is apparently to review podcasts thinks of the forum I post in.

Congrats on the praise, Lou!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think what the reviewer is saying is that Something Awful finds, and posts a lot of sleezy idiotic forums. Not that Something awful is a cesspool of a forum.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

The_Rob posted:

I think what the reviewer is saying is that Something Awful finds, and posts a lot of sleezy idiotic forums. Not that Something awful is a cesspool of a forum.

That's how I took it, too. Something Awful is an "idiot aggregator" the same way Digg is a "news aggregator."

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I can't take any reviewer who thinks Pete Holmes "ruins" episodes of DLM seriously, nor any publication that would endorse such a view.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Dear god I just got to episode ten of Gelmania. So loving awesome. SO loving GOOD. I AM BANE. Also Adam Pally is hilarious as well.

USE THAT BENGAL TIGER STRENGTH.

YOU'RE NOT UNIQUE, UNLESS YOU GOT THE BODY OF MONIQUE.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

The_Rob posted:

And if I remember correctly, Lou contributes / gets his material from Weekend Web, which is pretty much an idiot aggregator to a T.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I am really surprised at how bummed I am that TOFOP is over. I know they'd only released like two episodes in the past four months, but the official announcement really got to me. It sucks that there's nobody to be mad at or blame, too, I wish both of those dudes the best. I'm gonna miss those guys :(

indigi fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 10, 2012

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

indigi posted:

I am really surprised at how bummed I am that TOFOP is over. I know they'd only released like two episodes in the past four months, but the official announcement really got to me. It sucks that there's nobody to be mad at or blame, too, I wish both of those dudes the best. I'm gonna miss those guys :(

Yeah it's a huge bummer. I might resubscribe to Little Dum Dum Club to get my Aussie fix, but it's not the same.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Dancing Potato posted:

And if I remember correctly, Lou contributes / gets his material from Weekend Web, which is pretty much an idiot aggregator to a T.

Weekend Web is where I started but its been dead for a long time now.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I don't recall hearing Eric Andre before but holy gently caress did he oval office up the end of Pete Holmes's podcast today. Would he be the Eric of the Tim & Eric show? That guy is also an unfunny turd on podcasts.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bunk Rogers posted:

I don't recall hearing Eric Andre before but holy gently caress did he oval office up the end of Pete Holmes's podcast today. Would he be the Eric of the Tim & Eric show? That guy is also an unfunny turd on podcasts.

No, that's Eric Wareheim, who I think can be pretty funny. Eric André has his own show on Adult Swim, which I've never seen.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

^^^
Beaten :argh:

Bunk Rogers posted:

No. Thats Eric Wareheim. However it appears that Tim & Eric produce the Eric André show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eric_Andr%C3%A9_Show

I didn't know he's also the guy who plays the barrista in Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23. Weird... I've only heard him on one podcast and he was a douche.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
I thought John Glazer was the cuntier of the two honestly, what a dick.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What happened?

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Pete brought up the fact that he and Glazer were both up for the E-Trade baby part and Glazer got super butthurt and dickish about it.

Then Eric Andre interrupted Brett Gelman during a story and they got into it. Super awkward show all around, and I usually adore the live shows.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

In other comedy folks not getting along news, there appears to be a brouhaha going on Twitter between Nick Kroll and Ken Marino. Apparently Ken punched Nick on the set of The League? I'm excited for this to spill over into podcasts.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Spraynard Kruger posted:

In other comedy folks not getting along news, there appears to be a brouhaha going on Twitter between Nick Kroll and Ken Marino. Apparently Ken punched Nick on the set of The League? I'm excited for this to spill over into podcasts.

Putting my money on it being a bit.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Eric Andre was terrible on Who Charted.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I thought Glaser was reasonable; I wouldn't characterize his reaction of "why would you bring that up, on stage" as "super butthurt1" at all. There really wasn't anywhere he could go with that whole business without being at least a little awkward and I do think it was a misstep by Pete to go with that topic.

1 I hate this word

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 12, 2012

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

I thought Glaser was reasonable; I wouldn't characterize his reaction of "why would you bring that up, on stage" as "super butthurt1" at all. There really wasn't anywhere he could go with that whole business without being at least a little awkward and I do think it was a misstep by Pete to go with that topic.

1 I hate this word

Its called "you made it weird"

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Politicalrancor posted:

Its called "you made it weird"

Yes, but it's better if the guest ("You") Makes It Weird on their own terms instead of Pete launching straight into a subject that makes them uncomfortable. The purpose is to explore and understand, not (necessarily) achieve brutal levels of awkwardness.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

-Atom- posted:

Putting my money on it being a bit.

The twitter stuff is really weird, Scheer seemed to at least either be in on it or trying to smooth it over, then Michael Ian Black got in on it. It's either one of the larger reaching bits I've seen or some really weird and awkward drama.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Glitterbomber posted:

The twitter stuff is really weird, Scheer seemed to at least either be in on it or trying to smooth it over, then Michael Ian Black got in on it. It's either one of the larger reaching bits I've seen or some really weird and awkward drama.

It's pretty clearly a bit, look at this photo:

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

Yes, but it's better if the guest ("You") Makes It Weird on their own terms instead of Pete launching straight into a subject that makes them uncomfortable. The purpose is to explore and understand, not (necessarily) achieve brutal levels of awkwardness.

Yeah haha just listened to it and woof. Though I think Jon Glaser made it weirder than it needed to be. Though he does valiantly try to resuscitate the show right after the awkwardness.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Everyone should watch the Eric Andre show. It is loving hysterical. I also don't get how he was terrible on Who charted. He was fine.

Seriously though Eric Andre show is great, and Hanibal Burres is his sidekick.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I don't really care what he did on some dumb podcast, The Eric Andre Show is goddamn hilarious. Hannibal Burress is the best sidekick.

The only Adult Swim shows I've ever liked are The Eric Andre Show and Eagleheart.

e: also re: Nick Kroll/Michael Ian Black feud, I just read this: https://twitter.com/nickkroll/status/245915921644941314 I think it might be a bit???

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sneeing Emu posted:

Pete brought up the fact that he and Glazer were both up for the E-Trade baby part and Glazer got super butthurt and dickish about it.
"Hey remember that job I got over you that would have paid you tens of thousands of dollars a year for about 8 hours work every six months and keep you from having to do poo poo gigs in Florida or Ohio?" isn't weird or awkward, that's just a straight up rear end in a top hat thing to bring up.

• Locked thread