Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Ludicro posted:

That bit doesnt' make any sense. Fights at its normal initiative 1 step? If its initiative 1 its not normal?

Factor in that attacks and pile ins are done in the initiative step, so do the enemies suddenly pile in then not bother to attack until later or what?

:psyduck:

It's clearly just a typo. The new rules for lash whips and whip coils rules say you only strike at I1 if you started the fight phase in b2b, and one book FAQ clarifies further saying that if you pile in you fight at your normal initiative. The second FAQ mistyped saying you strike at your normal initiative 1. Which isn't your normal init. This is not some crazy arcane message here people, its an obvious typo where the writer brain farted and typed a '1' where he ought not have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Milky Moor posted:

I got my group using these as well. :allears:

'manbarbies' and 'army men' - often shortened simply to 'mans' - is the preferred nomenclature here

not that we've played in fuckin forever... though that's mostly my fault

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Welp, time for some more of Ludicro's white and gold Necrons!

I have finally finished my wraiths, although I haven't based them as one thing that stood out from people's thoughts of my last lot is how the models look great but the bases not so great. So I'm considering ideas to give them nice bases to really complement the model.
Incidentally the mould line on the tails aren't that obvious in person and I'm terrible at getting rid of them anyway, so as it runs down the entire length I left it there.

Obligatory posed image.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Those wraiths look fantastic, and the mould-lines do not detract from them. I really like that particular redesign for those units, too, as it really helps add a more alien element to Necron armies.

I have a question, for painters: Would anyone recommend, or has anyone seen a good color scheme for Emperor's Children CSM?

The default black/pink look doesn't do it for me. They're supposed to look vibrant and striking, but it actually looks kind of bland, especially compared to the really vivid, iconic looks of other god-devoted Chaos armies (like the red and brass World Eaters and blue and gold for Thousand Sons). Way I see it, they're some of the most twisted and scary Chaos devotees that there are, and I want them to stand out.

I thought about going with their pre-Heresy look of purple and gold, but that seems like it's been done a lot.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Those Wraiths are rad :radcat:. I didn't realise how fuckin big the new models were until the other day, they're so much cooler than the old ones.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Anybody know of any good places to look for hellhound conversion bits? I've got the hull from an old hellhound (no turret, no tanks/hatch cover/no rear door). I'd like to make it something useful without having to scratchbuild a ton of stuff from plasticard.

Alternatively, anybody have those bits sitting around for some reason?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mazed posted:

Those wraiths look fantastic, and the mould-lines do not detract from them. I really like that particular redesign for those units, too, as it really helps add a more alien element to Necron armies.

I have a question, for painters: Would anyone recommend, or has anyone seen a good color scheme for Emperor's Children CSM?

The default black/pink look doesn't do it for me. They're supposed to look vibrant and striking, but it actually looks kind of bland, especially compared to the really vivid, iconic looks of other god-devoted Chaos armies (like the red and brass World Eaters and blue and gold for Thousand Sons). Way I see it, they're some of the most twisted and scary Chaos devotees that there are, and I want them to stand out.

I thought about going with their pre-Heresy look of purple and gold, but that seems like it's been done a lot.

Flawless Host

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I just got a Stormtalon Gunship for my birthday, and wondered where the rules for this bad boy were outside of WD?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I wanted to post my Chaos heretic cult now before the thread gets flooded with highly superior paint jobs of the same thing over the next few weeks (especially as I used Generic Nurgle Scheme #1). The warband started out as five space pirates painted for a Necromunda narrative campaign a few years ago and I've periodically added to it since then.

The Foetid Wind

The Foetid Wind is led by a Priest of Nurgle known as The Voice of the Father. He is pictured here with his scribe and herald.

His honeyed words and powerful oratory have drawn a diverse mix of followers, many of whom remain unaware of the cult's true loyalties. Space Pirates, coerced by promises of wealth:

Misguided zealots and redemptionists:

Scavvies and mutants, shunned by normal society:

Deserters and rebels, open followers of the dark gods:

And of course, plague zombies:

The entire cult, assembled for war a peaceful protest about freedom of religion:

The cult's insurrection has attracted a roving warband of Chaos Space Marines to their planet. How much of the cult will survive a meeting with the terrible warriors of The Bad Uncles? ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

The Bad Uncles:

I only have a few things left to paint, and was planning to call this finished very soon. I guess I'll take a quick look at the new CSM releases though...

What I have left to do, before I start spending again:

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lord Twisted posted:

I just got a Stormtalon Gunship for my birthday, and wondered where the rules for this bad boy were outside of WD?

Have you got an iPad and a pile of cash? Rules are in the iPad Space Marine codex

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Cataphract posted:

Have you got an iPad and a pile of cash? Rules are in the iPad Space Marine codex

Nope! I have the small book and the big book of rules, but dont have the big book on me so dont know if its in there!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
You now can't get the rules outside of the ipad unless you get a copy of that White Dwarf.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Ghost Hand, can you do me a favor? Slap Tasty for me the next time you see him. It's been a while since I've read something on the internet that raised so much vitriol in me. I'm unfollowing him; people repost his rumors fast enough anyway.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Thundercloud posted:

You now can't get the rules outside of the ipad unless you get a copy of that White Dwarf.

Are you loving kidding me? Absolute loving joke, its not in the BRB? I'll have to hunt the internet I guess... or ask in GW tomorrow when I pop in. Maybe they'll let me take a picture of the rules or something, as unlikely as that is.

EDIT: Unless a kind goon would scan it in for me? :(

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lord Twisted posted:

Are you loving kidding me? Absolute loving joke, its not in the BRB? I'll have to hunt the internet I guess... or ask in GW tomorrow when I pop in. Maybe they'll let me take a picture of the rules or something, as unlikely as that is.

EDIT: Unless a kind goon would scan it in for me? :(

Even then, the WD rules are outdated (they're written for fifth)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Ghost Hand, can you do me a favor? Slap Tasty for me the next time you see him. It's been a while since I've read something on the internet that raised so much vitriol in me. I'm unfollowing him; people repost his rumors fast enough anyway.

What'd he do?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Dude wtf is he even spazzing out about? BTW he's wrong about Njal, the Space Wolves FAQ clarifies that Vengeful Tornado (and I can only assume Chain Lightning) is not a shooting attack so it does indeed hit flyers.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I found all the rules I think I'll need, except its HP?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Scans here.

Seriously though, gently caress GW and their new policy of important content that would have been available in WD and then for free online, now only being available through ipad for silly money.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 9, 2012

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Fix posted:

What'd he do?
Posted a long, bitter article about how the Nova open is a scam set up by Mike Brant to let Tony win, and that everyone who went actually hated it.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Lord Twisted posted:

2 HP, it's in the reference section of the BRB

I recommend modelling it with the missiles, or magnetize them

Tailfnz
Oct 13, 2011

I'm delightfully forgettable.

Lord Twisted posted:

It has two Hull Points.

e: Phyresis beat me to it.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lord Twisted posted:

it has 8,000 HP

Limp Wristed Limey
Sep 7, 2010

by Lowtax
I cant be bothered to put the mini rulebook on ebay. Any UK goons want it?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Posted a long, bitter article about how the Nova open is a scam set up by Mike Brant to let Tony win, and that everyone who went actually hated it.

Found it. I didn't realize people were so catty about 40k.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Limp Wristed Limey posted:

I cant be bothered to put the mini rulebook on ebay. Any UK goons want it?

I might be, I don't know what the going rate for it is though, I'm trying to hold off buying stuff that I'll be getting later in the year.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Thanks guys! I'll model it with the snazzy missiles I think, and use it as a harassing unit.

Hodgesaargh
Oct 25, 2010

Sanford posted:

Awesome Nurgle Dudes

These are excellent, they're inspiring me to dig out my Deathguard army to mix in with my dark vengeance cultists. Man I hope we get a nice set of rules in the upcoming CSM codex for solo nurgle armies.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Mazed posted:

I do mine with a lot more pink and gold and a lot less black.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Written by someone who, for the second time in a row, did not attend the event he bitches about.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Phyresis posted:

Dude wtf is he even spazzing out about? BTW he's wrong about Njal, the Space Wolves FAQ clarifies that Vengeful Tornado (and I can only assume Chain Lightning) is not a shooting attack so it does indeed hit flyers.

What? Check page 4 of the BRB FAQ about how maelstroms, novas and beams affect flyers. Only snap shots can hit zooming flyers.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Vengeful Tornado is not a psychic power nor a shooting attack, it just causes hits.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fix posted:

I need some good alternative grot models, like not GW. Suggestions?

Anybody know of anything good? A bit piratical would be fine, since they're going to be bumping around on their own flying grotboat.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Fix posted:

Anybody know of anything good? A bit piratical would be fine, since they're going to be bumping around on their own flying grotboat.

This looks so rediculously awesome...
Please keep us up to date on this pretty spaceboat!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

A bit far on the pirate side, maybe these when they get released?

http://www.indiegogo.com/pirate-goblins

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Phyresis posted:

Vengeful Tornado is not a psychic power nor a shooting attack, it just causes hits.

quote:

Q: How do maelstroms, novas and beams – or indeed any weapon
that doesn’t need to roll To Hit or hits automatically – interact with
Zooming Flyers and Gliding Flying Monstrous Creatures? (p13)
A: Only Snap Shots can hit Zooming Flyers and Gliding
Flying Monstrous Creatures. Therefore, any attacks that use
blast markers, templates, create a line of/area of effect or
otherwise don’t roll to hit cannot target them.
This includes
weapons such as the Necron Doom Scythe’s death ray or the
Deathstrike missile of the Imperial Guard, and psychic
powers that follow the rule for maelstroms, beams, and
novas.

I disagree with your assessment.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

A bit far on the pirate side, maybe these when they get released?

http://www.indiegogo.com/pirate-goblins

Holy poo poo those rule.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Naramyth posted:

Therefore, any attacks that use
blast markers, templates, create a line of/area of effect or
otherwise don’t roll to hit cannot target them.

Q: Is a vehicle hit by a Vengeful Tornado result literally hit on its
side armour, and therefore does it get the Obscured cover save if Njal
cannot see one of its sides? (p53)

A: No – Vengeful Tornado is not a shooting attack and
therefore allows no cover save. Essentially the tornado strikes
from directly above; the side armour is used to represent this.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Fix posted:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440265a&prodId=prod1750020
Plus
http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=158

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Phyresis posted:

Q: Is a vehicle hit by a Vengeful Tornado result literally hit on its
side armour, and therefore does it get the Obscured cover save if Njal
cannot see one of its sides? (p53)

A: No – Vengeful Tornado is not a shooting attack and
therefore allows no cover save. Essentially the tornado strikes
from directly above; the side armour is used to represent this.

Touche salesman.

• Locked thread