Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl
I can't believe what I am reading... We should have elected Maggie Thatcher as Prime Minister for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

British Tim posted:

I can't believe what I am reading... We should have elected Maggie Thatcher as Prime Minister for life.

You've got boring now. You're not even trying. gently caress off and come back when you can be bothered.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Come back IWC all is forgiven. Told you he was a poo poo troll. Report and move on people.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

British Tim posted:

I'm not sure if I pity you or find you dreadfully amusing here. Like, I made a shitload of points but the one you latch on is loving Thatcher? The worst thing to hit Britain since the Blitz?
I mean, gently caress, that was in the context of me denying womens rights. I deliberately gave you a loving excellent point to strike at me with and you just loving give up?
You're not even a good argument troll. 2/10, please attend more BNP courses.

Serotonin posted:

Come back IWC all is forgiven. Told you he was a poo poo troll. Report and move on people.
It would be easier to move on if we had something interesting to talk about. Anything new going on with our usual gang of clowns? And if not them, other competing clowns?

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Lamuella posted:

You've got boring now. You're not even trying. gently caress off and come back when you can be bothered.

I have got nothing more to say, we are never going to see eye-to-eye so what is the point posting? Also I am watching the hamster loving about with trees on BBC2, soo funny.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

British Tim posted:

Oh come now, you can do better than that. You've not even gotten into apologia for Mosley yet.

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I'm not sure if I pity you or find you dreadfully amusing here. Like, I made a shitload of points but the one you latch on is loving Thatcher? The worst thing to hit Britain since the Blitz?
I mean, gently caress, that was in the context of me denying womens rights. I deliberately gave you a loving excellent point to strike at me with and you just loving give up?
You're not even a good argument troll. 2/10, please attend more BNP courses.
It would be easier to move on if we had something interesting to talk about. Anything new going on with our usual gang of clowns? And if not them, other competing clowns?

I only just read your post now since you mentioned it so don't jump to conclusions, If I was replying to YOU then I would have quoted you.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

British Tim posted:

I have got nothing more to say

And yet you're still talking.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
British Tim, how big is your shrine to Enoch Powell? Is it one of those sleek little wardrobe numbers, or does it take up an entire basement?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

British Tim posted:

I have got nothing more to say, we are never going to see eye-to-eye so what is the point posting? Also I am watching the hamster loving about with trees on BBC2, soo funny.

This is your chance to explain why racism is the way forward and not a way for the ruling class to play divide and rule while telling people the working class don't deserve political representation from any mainstream political party because they're a bunch of horrible bigots just looking for the ability to persecute people of a different skin colour, religion or sexuality.

That you can't explain the basis of why you've come to the conclusions you have, or even to elaborate on what you mean, tells everyone you can't argue in good faith.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I have a honest question: what is the thread's opinion on No Platform policies that most SUs have enacted? I personally think that the approach is wrong, as it feeds into the ":qq: drat MARXISTS OPPRESSING TRUE BRITISH PATRIOTS :britain:" victimhood complex that seems to be successful for the fash... but I also understand and agree with the other reasons for the ban, such as security and student safety.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
I like to think that it, along with ongoing UAF campaigns and such, have stopped parties like the BNP being seen as a legitimate, reasonable choice. Which is a good thing.

Bash and/or suppress the fash. They will have a victimhood complex whatever happens - It's part of their reason for being. Hell, Conservatives have a victimhood complex.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The problem with their victimhood complex is that it seems to be the electoral strategy these days. Helped along by the cryptofash at the Star, Express, and Mail, who easily turn around and say "what? Don't look at us, we abhor them (ps vote bnp)"

e: I remember in 2010, we in the Calder Valley got BNP leaflets through the postbox and the entire leaflet was just decrying the Lib-Lab-Con-Sensus and describing even the Tories as Marxists (:psyduck:), so... yeah. By the way, we're sorry for Craig Whittaker, he used to be my councillor too. :smith:

TinTower fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 9, 2012

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

TinTower posted:

The problem with their victimhood complex is that it seems to be the electoral strategy these days. Helped along by the cryptofash at the Star, Express, and Mail, who easily turn around and say "what? Don't look at us, we abhor them (ps vote bnp)"

e: I remember in 2010, we in the Calder Valley got BNP leaflets through the postbox and the entire leaflet was just decrying the Lib-Lab-Con-Sensus and describing even the Tories as Marxists (:psyduck:), so... yeah. By the way, we're sorry for Craig Whittaker, he used to be my councillor too. :smith:

The BNP vote has utterly collapsed since their peak a few years ago though. So much for the strength of that electoral strategy.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Cerv posted:

The BNP vote has utterly collapsed since their peak a few years ago though. So much for the strength of that electoral strategy.

Probably because the BNP's largest danger to their electoral success is themselves.

Though I was kind of heartened to hear that the BNP candidate for Halifax in the GE has since been ostracized by his local neighbourhood.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

TinTower posted:

Though I was kind of heartened to hear that the BNP candidate for Halifax in the GE has since been ostracized by his local neighbourhood.

Got a link for that? I could do with reading a feel good story.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

marktheando posted:

Got a link for that? I could do with reading a feel good story.

I only know because my brother lives up the road from him. Sorry I don't have a link. :( Though, most residents of Halifax don't like the fash at all and were really pissed off that Illingworth elected a councillor back in '03.

e: FHM have apparently published a puff piece on the EDL:

I like how Tommeh goes off on a racist rant about how immigrants never bring anything good to Britain, while eating a kebab in a Turkish restaurant. :ironicat:

TinTower fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 10, 2012

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

TinTower posted:

I have a honest question: what is the thread's opinion on No Platform policies that most SUs have enacted?

I want to give them a platform and enough rope to hang themselves. Censoring them is playing their game, smashing them on the street while they infight themselves to death is a far better game, and it seems to be playing out well enough. Their numbers are less than a tenth of what they were, and they know it, and they are blaming each other for it.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

This thread has made me reconsider my stance towards the EDL which was hitherto "let them march, whatever, free speech." They are attempting to create a culture of violence and fear among those they hate and it's easy for me to say "let 'em do it" since I am not their target.

All fash must be bashed.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

DesperateDan posted:

I want to give them a platform and enough rope to hang themselves. Censoring them is playing their game, smashing them on the street while they infight themselves to death is a far better game, and it seems to be playing out well enough. Their numbers are less than a tenth of what they were, and they know it, and they are blaming each other for it.

This is liberal nonsense. A party that gets no airtime gets no votes, simple as.

I have no problem with bringing debates on the matter of immigration to the public but they shouldn't be held with the lunatics of the BNP/EDL.

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Thundercloud posted:

This is your chance to explain why racism is the way forward and not a way for the ruling class to play divide and rule while telling people the working class don't deserve political representation from any mainstream political party because they're a bunch of horrible bigots just looking for the ability to persecute people of a different skin colour, religion or sexuality.

That you can't explain the basis of why you've come to the conclusions you have, or even to elaborate on what you mean, tells everyone you can't argue in good faith.

I don't want to argue, arguing achieves nothing but I am going to share something with you and I am going to be straight to the point. I hate multiculturalism. As a proud British man, I want an identity. I have spent my entire life in this country, it is my home, and I love Great Britain. But I am exposed to a lot of immigrants, migrants and a lot of different cultures. Multiculturalism by it's very nature means native culture is shoved back and immigrant culture is then celebrated as much as the native culture. This completely makes us natives feel isolated and actually in the long run does nothing for relations.

Don't get me wrong, I love experiencing different cultures as long as I am experiencing that culture in it's native land. People seem more willing to accept cultural differences as long as you are a visitor. I have nothing against people celebrating their own culture or religion but it should be downplayed in Britain and in Europe as a whole. The idea that I can live in a city with one neighbor only speaking Polish, the next only speaking Urdu and another bowing to Allah five times a day is unrealistic. I mean if I was going to emigrate to another country I would keep my culture, celebrate it and pass it down but I would never infringe on the local or native culture as its not my right to do so.

I find it so ironic that the liberals try to label a native born British citizen as being insensitive to the culture of the immigrants and migrants living around us when the real injustice is that the immigrants are refusing to assimilate to our native culture? I can bet you my life that most cultures outside of Europe and North America would be unwilling to have you among it's people without making the effort to assimilate to their culture.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice

British Tim posted:

You have to be a Troll. I cannot consider a human being, never mind a goon, actually expressing a fraction of the tosh you are selling.

:frogout:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

so you're fine with people having their own culture as long as they have the common decency to feel aschamed about it. Get tae gently caress.

British Tim posted:

I can bet you my life that most cultures outside of Europe and North America would be unwilling to have you among it's people without making the effort to assimilate to their culture.

Certainly, English people never went to other places around the globe and tried to impose their culture. *ignores the existence of the British empire in general and the Raj in particular*

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
What is so great about British culture anyway? In my opinion the best parts of British culture are in accepting freedom, difference, the rule of law and egalitarianism. I would really like to know your perspective since you clearly have an authoritarian personality.

British Tim posted:

I find it so ironic that the liberals
Why are you using an Americanisation, Proud British Man?

British Tim posted:

the real injustice is that the immigrants are refusing to assimilate
This is not an injustice you big baby

vvv fml vvv

Enjoy fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 10, 2012

Fluo
May 25, 2007

StoicFnord posted:

You have to be a Troll. I cannot consider a human being, never mind a goon, actually expressing a fraction of the tosh you are selling.

:frogout:

It's IWC (Ironic War Criminal), infamous troll who has spent over $300 on accounts.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 10, 2012

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Murder all anglos including me

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

British Tim posted:

Don't get me wrong, I love experiencing different cultures as long as I am experiencing that culture in it's native land.

...and another bowing to Allah five times a day is unrealistic.

In what way are Muslims and people who are native Britains separate? Many people who practice Islam were born here and have lived here their whole lives.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

College Slice

British Tim posted:

I don't want to argue, arguing achieves nothing but I am going to share something with you and I am going to be straight to the point. I hate multiculturalism. As a proud British man, I want an identity. I have spent my entire life in this country, it is my home, and I love Great Britain. But I am exposed to a lot of immigrants, migrants and a lot of different cultures. Multiculturalism by it's very nature means native culture is shoved back and immigrant culture is then celebrated as much as the native culture. This completely makes us natives feel isolated and actually in the long run does nothing for relations.

I don't really see my native culture being shoved back. In fact, have we not imposed Britishness on the world for a couple centuries. The Empire was a big pile of Britishness all over the place.

We certainly didn't take the time to "assimilate".

There are a great many non-white British people. Muslims, Sikh, Atheists, Hindus, Christians all of them. With different faiths, different diets, different ideals.

And they are awesome.

I have experienced so much of the world, right here in Britain. Isn't that fantastic?

I'm not worried about multiculturalism. Did you see the Olympic Opening Ceremony? If Multiculturalism gives us that: Then bring it on!

You speak of negatives, and ignore positives in order to press your agenda, which is, quite simply, one of white supremacy. You will never say it, because to say it would make you racist. So you couch it in terms of "Britishness" and "Different Cultures not integrating". That's the way of being against those coloured people without saying it openly.

Feel free to take a multicultural flying gently caress and go elsewhere. You make me need to shower.

edit: Bloody incorrect use of semi-colon

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
hahahahaaaa

ContinuityNewTimes fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 3, 2015

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

British Tim. Could you please write a paragraph or two describing what is British culture and the British way of life? If you were able to eradicate all of the immigrants around you, please describe what your utopian world would be like. As a brit, I'm intrigued (and confused) .

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

fuctifino posted:

British Tim. Could you please write a paragraph or two describing what is British culture and the British way of life? If you were able to eradicate all of the immigrants around you, please describe what your utopian world would be like. As a brit, I'm intrigued (and confused) .

You are British, you should know that you can't define a single British culture. Us English, the Irish, the Scottish and the Welsh all have our own cultures and traditions.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

British Tim posted:

You are British, you should know that you can't define a single British culture. Us English, the Irish, the Scottish and the Welsh all have our own cultures and traditions.

Could you answer my question please

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

College Slice

Fluo posted:

It's IWC (Ironic War Criminal), infamous troll who has spent over $300 on accounts.

If it keeps the forums liquid and making a profit, I guess, let the bans flow like wine.

However, since Troll status confirmed, I am ignoring the crap out of him now.

Thanks.

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Enjoy posted:

What is so great about British culture anyway? In my opinion the best parts of British culture are in accepting freedom, difference, the rule of law and egalitarianism. I would really like to know your perspective since you clearly have an authoritarian personality.

Well that's pretty simple for me it is our monarchy for one, I love the Queen and Prince Phillip is just soo funny. The food I love such as fish and chips, pie and mash, jellied eels all makes me proud to be British. I love our great pubs with all the real ales we brew and the all the different whiskey from Ireland, Scotland and Wales. I love our sporting activities like cricket, football and rugby. Our historic landmarks but the best is our great British sense of humour.

Enjoy posted:

Why are you using an Americanisation, Proud British Man?

Figure of speach and possibly influenced by stupid American TV shows.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Why do you see being Muslim as incompatible with being British?

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Fluo posted:

Yeah ok mate, whatever. Would you like a mod to check my IP? Please, I beg you because this is my first and only account here. I am a Yorkshire man and proud one at that and you making unfounded accusations damages my pride. I may not be the sharpest knife in the draw but I am not a troll and have never registered here before.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
You just can't handle that there are immigrants here worth more to society than you. People that came here with no grasp of english or safety net or money and worked for £1 an hour until they could open a takeaway and live comfortably. While you sit around on benefits with your criminal record, holding onto the one thing you think makes you superior to these people, the colour of your skin.

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Shelf Adventure posted:

Why do you see being Muslim as incompatible with being British?

Muslims are all barbaric religious nutcases still living in the dark ages and they are trying to impose their religious beliefs and culture on us. When Muslims finaly accept that British culture is different to theirs and learn to assimulate or atleast tolerate British culture without resorting to preaching hatred and violence they might be accepted.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

British Tim posted:

The food I love such as fish and chips, pie and mash, jellied eels all makes me proud to be British.

British Tim posted:

I am a Yorkshire man and proud one at that and you making unfounded accusations damages my pride.

Tell me more about eating jellied eels in Yorkshire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

British Tim
Aug 27, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Lamuella posted:

Tell me more about eating jellied eels in Yorkshire.

I eat jellied eels every time I go down to London, there are still a few cracking Eel and Pie Shops about.

• Locked thread