Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Mr. Darsie posted:

Pretty sure his dad got remarried to a younger woman, that's why his little brother is so young (11/12?)
I thought his "little brother" was fictional??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Doesn't Seth also have twin daughters who live with his "bitch ex-" in Arizona, and an adopted grandson named Jeff?

Yeah I have no idea whether Seth really has a little half-brother, but he's definitely his mother's only child.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Adopted black grandson jeff

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Seth is so mysterious I do sometimes wonder if he actually does have a daughter.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Seth is so mysterious I do sometimes wonder if he actually does have a daughter.

No daughter, no bitch ex wife, no adopted black grandson named Jeff.

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

I think Seth should post a cragslist missed connection for the girl at the vegan restaurant.
"You were the attractive girl in (and later out of) the black dress, I was the man who resembled satan and didn't say a word. Was it love? Are you ok? Call me"

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
It's too bad the guys can't get it together enough to even ship hats, because I would be so down for them to make a UYD Movie. It could be a series of sketches like Meaning of Life, it could be called something like Are you Cool? Uhh Yeah Dude. It would give us so much Seth. It would be a film of sincerity. This is only my opinion.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I'd kill for a well done "Best of UYD" episode. You could fill up dozens of hours with 'best of' and they'd all be 100% gold.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I ran out of podcasts to listen to, so I dip back into the archives while waiting for current eps of other shows to drop. I'm on 85 right now. Oh, so good. I plan to go all the way up to when I started in 2010 with the first Marcia episode. Why not?

Edit: One thing that bugs me in the earlier eps that they drop is how much they rag on blind people wanting to do poo poo. I'm not blind, but I've done volunteer and professional work for the blind community, and it bugs me when they say things like "blind people shouldn't use the internet." I've said as much in passing to Seth when he calls back on my voicemails, and we had a long convo about his braille Playboys. Still, weird to jump back in to those earlier ones.

Song For The Deaf fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 11, 2012

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
They're just loving around when they say that. Why does it bug you. That's part of their shtick. Like Jonathan saying dumb poo poo about women.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.

Song For The Deaf posted:

Edit: One thing that bugs me in the earlier eps that they drop is how much they rag on blind people wanting to do poo poo. I'm not blind, but I've done volunteer and professional work for the blind community, and it bugs me when they say things like "blind people shouldn't use the internet." I've said as much in passing to Seth when he calls back on my voicemails, and we had a long convo about his braille Playboys. Still, weird to jump back in to those earlier ones.

It started with a news story that mentioned people being bigoted against the blind, and both of them going, "Yeah, but that's not a thing... people don't think that." After that it's a running joke that they hate blind people.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
"I am bothered by a thing Seth and Jonathan said on their comedy internet radio show" -an imbecile child.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

a starwar betamax posted:

"I am bothered by a thing Seth and Jonathan said on their comedy internet radio show" -an imbecile child.

Dude are you cool? Are you looking for the UYD boards? This is a board for chill bros. Maybe you need to like. Get in on this sweet straights only J. O. Sesh. You know... Two bros.. No gay poo poo

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

I loved the segment in the last episode about how half of Americans will die with almost no money. Sleep tight!

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Listen to your dad's friend that comes in two days a week for the free meal.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Obviously the blind thing isn't a dealbreaker. I'm working on having listened to every episode twice. I realize it's stupid to be offended at a comedy podcast, it was just something that sat poorly with me about the early eps that doesn't show up that often later (kind of like how they cut out the "fruit" talk).

I'd rather they go off the dome with no filter than self censor and be sucky for it. We all have our pet issues.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Dude are you cool? Are you looking for the UYD boards? This is a board for chill bros. Maybe you need to like. Get in on this sweet straights only J. O. Sesh. You know... Two bros.. No gay poo poo

Holla back for a dope cock.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Man pussys to the front of the line.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I believe the term is "boy-cunts" :eng101:

mcvey posted:

I'd kill for a well done "Best of UYD" episode. You could fill up dozens of hours with 'best of' and they'd all be 100% gold.

The Craigshouse MP3 linked in the OP is probably the closest we'll get to a comprehensive Best Of file, and that's only one segment through...the 150s? UYD has such a huge (and rich) backlog that I think it would be almost impossible to put together a general Best Of, you'd probably have to do it by section like Name Games, This Week In Florida, John's weird-rear end stories about drugs etc. Do what I do and keep a list of your favorite episodes so you know what to go back to when you want a re-run.

E: Youtube has a lot of good UYD clips, maybe putting together a playlist of those?

VV I love that moment too and it's much better on film for Seth's expressions.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 12, 2012

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

C-Euro posted:

I believe the term is "boy-cunts" :eng101:

UYD: Boy-twats and Guy-cunts

The entire camera crew audibly cracking up when Jonathan asks the director "Can I call you Guy oval office from now on?" is one of my favorite moments in the entire series. "Oh, I've been working with this great director, his name is...Guy oval office."

CaptainCosmo
Aug 14, 2012

I boldly went there.

Solarflare posted:

Is there any other place to get back episodes at? I've been giving UYD my first run through and the website seems to be down, as well as episodes 91-179 being unavailable on Itunes.

You can definitely get the whole back-catalog through iTunes. Just subscribe.

CaptainCosmo fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 1, 2013

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Xemloth posted:

I think Seth should post a cragslist missed connection for the girl at the vegan restaurant.
"You were the attractive girl in (and later out of) the black dress, I was the man who resembled satan and didn't say a word. Was it love? Are you ok? Call me"

Are you reading this?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

niethan posted:

Are you reading this?

No, dude. Wicked no.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My favorite UYD moment:

http://youtu.be/LbgVFy41reM

Is that clench/flinch Jonathan has when Seth reads out "My wife is dumb." I had the exact same reaction when I heard it, it's such a perfect little moment. :allears:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Haha, holy poo poo: I'm listening to Episode 21 and Jah came up with the same idea of a discreet place for cooking meth used in the current season of Breaking Bad :pwn:

edit: oh my god this ep is so on point. Seth's mini-meltdown on the MySpace trucker hat, the guy who dug up a corpse, stole the head, and turned it into a bong... awesome.

edit2: 22 is also really good (Seth saying that a trucker killing hookers is "old school" and "respectful", bagging on people with prosopagnosia, solid This Week in Florida, etc)... early 20's got it going' on.

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 18, 2012

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I just realized we need to pay the guy(s) at This Year Collection to do highlight reels for UYD.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Slimy baby got dropped.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Any other HollywUYDers going to the LA Podcast Festival? Just bought my ticket :)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Pompous Rhombus posted:

edit: oh my god this ep is so on point. Seth's mini-meltdown on the MySpace trucker hat, the guy who dug up a corpse, stole the head, and turned it into a bong... awesome.

I'm a big fan of the This Week in Florida story about the woman thrown through her sunroof in an auto accident.

"How much does she weigh?"
"600 pounds."
"HOLY loving poo poo! How do you get out of a sunroof, are we sure this wasn't, like, a convertible topless Paul Wall-style stripper car?"

I get the feeling that Jonathan was prompted to ask how much she weighed, but the reaction sounds like genuine surprise.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just wanted to remind you guys that Jim Carrey is the Nolan Ryan of jizz.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3507984&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Sure hope Seth gets some royalties :kiddo:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
hey um I meant to post that here?? uyd for life

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 21, 2012

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Comedy Podcast Megathread's thataway, bub.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I never knew Seth and Papa Jah worked together, but they did. It was magical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5VnzASByFE

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Vincent posted:

I never knew Seth and Papa Jah worked together, but they did. It was magical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5VnzASByFE

It's blocked in the UK, what it is it?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Clips from a made-for-TV movie where John plays a detective (lawyer?) and Seth plays a neurotic guy who buys a shirt off of eBay. So himself, basically :v:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

It's from McBride, the same clip is on the UYD site's media section.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It's from McBride, the same clip is on the UYD site's media section.

There are some amazing clips here. My personal favorite is, "Just Another Saturday Night," an anti-drunk driving PSA.

Verror
May 10, 2012

Just started listening to this at work, probably my favorite podcast so far. The gentle hiss of John's stifled laughter during some of Seth's bits makes me smile every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hrpff
Jun 19, 2004
undercooked Wendy's burgers or something
Finally getting around to watching Seth's clips volume 15. Holy smokes that guy is wearing a cape and people are applauding him. This has to be another planet.