Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

DeathBySpoon posted:

So in that case, is it better to just ignore it on my first run and try on my second run? Also, what about the fights for Margaret? I remember seeing those sometime when I first played this on the PSP but I don't remember what I did to unlock them.

You can fight both of the extra bosses on your first run in P3P. Fighting Margaret requires you to finish all of her bonus challenges first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Seems like the Persona 4 Solid Gold Premium Edition craziness is not stopping...

People are selling their preorders on Amazon for $200, and on ebay there are completed listings where the preorders were sold for $149, $109, and $99.

The game's still available at Gamestop at http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/persona-4-golden-solid-gold-premium-edition/104551 for $69.99 (plus tax and shipping).

I discovered that if you use the code SAVER in the cart right before checkout, you get free Value Shipping (5-10 business days for transit & 2 business days for processing) so I ended up canceling my previous order and making a new one for the free shipping bonus. I thought I'd post this information for you guys!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Catalina posted:

Seems like the Persona 4 Solid Gold Premium Edition craziness is not stopping...

People are selling their preorders on Amazon for $200, and on ebay there are completed listings where the preorders were sold for $149, $109, and $99.

The game's still available at Gamestop at http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/persona-4-golden-solid-gold-premium-edition/104551 for $69.99 (plus tax and shipping).

I discovered that if you use the code SAVER in the cart right before checkout, you get free Value Shipping (5-10 business days for transit & 2 business days for processing) so I ended up canceling my previous order and making a new one for the free shipping bonus. I thought I'd post this information for you guys!

Even though I don't have a Vita yet, those kind of markups have me buying the Solid Gold edition now. I've learned my lesson with Radiant Historia.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Dehry posted:

Even though I don't have a Vita yet, those kind of markups have me buying the Solid Gold edition now. I've learned my lesson with Radiant Historia.

Speaking of which, look what I got in my email box today.

Oh, Atlus.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 12, 2012

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Catalina posted:

Oh, Atlus.

Hahaha, that's amazing.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 12, 2012

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was just coming here to post that.

I'm amazed Amazon even let them mention E-bay in their own ad. I bought it for $35 right when it came out and I am perfectly happy with the decision. Does this mean they're running out of copies or that they're doing a fire sale?

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Dehry posted:

I was just coming here to post that.

I'm amazed Amazon even let them mention E-bay in their own ad. I bought it for $35 right when it came out and I am perfectly happy with the decision. Does this mean they're running out of copies or that they're doing a fire sale?

Since Amazon let me put 999 copies in my cart, I'm assuming it's a fire sale.

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol
It's always a good feeling to see that my first-day purchases were worthwhile investments. I may or may not order another two copies of P4 Solid Gold and keep them sealed for a year or so, at the rate Atlus stuff is going.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm half expecting my Solid Gold order to be cancelled. Think about it: Amazon is sold out and Gamestop is still taking orders. I wonder if their system is even setup to handle limited quantity preorders.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh good, I'm not the only person who's preordering a second copy in hopes of paying for the first...

Dehry posted:

I'm half expecting my Solid Gold order to be cancelled. Think about it: Amazon is sold out and Gamestop is still taking orders. I wonder if their system is even setup to handle limited quantity preorders.

Yeah, I'm a bit concerned about that too. Though Atlus's Facebook page said that they had stopped taking preorders in the physical Gamestop stores, but not online. Sometimes Gamestop is the only place where you can get preorder bonuses, and my suspicion is that they pay well for exclusivity. They just might have had more copies paid for in reserve, or maybe most online customers would rather order from Amazon first, as Amazon offer free shipping and no tax for non-California states.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Catalina posted:

Oh good, I'm not the only person who's preordering a second copy in hopes of paying for the first...

It's a megaten. I could sell my Devil Summoner 1 on ebay to make enough to buy a couple more copies from Gamestop. Which you in theory could loop for as often as your local Gamestop is willing to special order them from out of state.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, the Persona 4 Anime dub is being put out on Anime Network now. They already have all the subbed episodes, but they're adding a new dub every Friday.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Catalina posted:

Oh, Atlus.

Please put that on an image hosting site and change out the link.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Zoolooman posted:

Please put that on an image hosting site and change out the link.

My brain totally didn't register to do that since it was an advertisement. Sorry, and thank you for the reminder!

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!

Dehry posted:

Oh yeah, the Persona 4 Anime dub is being put out on Anime Network now. They already have all the subbed episodes, but they're adding a new dub every Friday.

Man, Chie's VA is kinda awful in this. This isn't what she'll sound like for P4G, right? Are there any videos with her new VA floating around?

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Catalina posted:

My brain totally didn't register to do that since it was an advertisement. Sorry, and thank you for the reminder!

No problemo. :>

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Trinity Soul isn't worth watching correct?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DeathBySpoon posted:

Man, Chie's VA is kinda awful in this. This isn't what she'll sound like for P4G, right? Are there any videos with her new VA floating around?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42TCrAnCwpg

There's story mode from P4A. If you can find the videos of story mode you can get a lot of voice samples, but Atlus takes them down as they find them.

Edit: Trinity Soul was really strange, they only had two episodes on crunchyroll but it wasn't interesting enough for me to go out and watch the rest.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 12, 2012

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Len posted:

It was bad enough to be deemed non canon, so I'd say so.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Dehry posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42TCrAnCwpg

There's story mode from P4A. If you can find the videos of story mode you can get a lot of voice samples, but Atlus takes them down as they find them.

Sweet, this VA sounds pretty decent. Do we know if this is the same person for The Golden? Gonna look up Teddie's now.

E: Did Teddie's voice change for P4A? In the few clips I can find, he sounds REALLY close to the original.

DeathBySpoon fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 12, 2012

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm assuming Sam Riegel is doing Teddie in P4G as well, yes. If what I've been told is true then Dave Wittenburg was unionized recently, so that's more than likely why he didn't reprise Teddie. I have to also say, Erin Fitzgerald as Chie is very disappointing, I expected a more tomboyish voice from her, not "generic anime female voice" like she was portrayed with in P4A.

In other news, if you needed more of a reason to care about the dub of the P4 the Animation, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn voices Naoto in it and she's the best Naoto voice in my opinion even though she still sounds very feminine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkdeFG7QVQY

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_vG3siytoo

Don't forget the clip of JYB talking with himself.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Len posted:

A brain transplant is used as a plot device.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Len posted:

Yep. Starts off somewhat interesting with a bunch of murder stuff happening, but then it's all anime bullshit loving stupid stuff and you'll hate that they tried to actually link it to Persona 3 in any way.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

What's the recommended level to fight Nyx on hard mode? My current party is:

FemC 64
Yukari 63
Akihiko 63
Mitsuru 62

I'm about to unlock the Monad- I managed to Thunder Reign the Reaper down to about 1 pixel worth of health, and then got wiped my a Mamudoon :( Still, I can definitely beat him. I figured I'd at least get to the mid 70s so my party gets all of their skills- is that about right? Or will I be pretty over leveled by then? My main Persona is a level 63 Loki with all 4 Dyne spells, Mind Charge, and Megidola.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

DeathBySpoon posted:

What's the recommended level to fight Nyx on hard mode? My current party is:

FemC 64
Yukari 63
Akihiko 63
Mitsuru 62

I'm about to unlock the Monad- I managed to Thunder Reign the Reaper down to about 1 pixel worth of health, and then got wiped my a Mamudoon :( Still, I can definitely beat him. I figured I'd at least get to the mid 70s so my party gets all of their skills- is that about right? Or will I be pretty over leveled by then? My main Persona is a level 63 Loki with all 4 Dyne spells, Mind Charge, and Megidola.

Whatever level it takes to get Lucifer and Satan so you can use Armageddon beacuse gently caress the final form of that boss.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Should have specified, I'm on P3 Portable- should I just farm the items to make an Armageddon?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

DeathBySpoon posted:

Should have specified, I'm on P3 Portable- should I just farm the items to make an Armageddon?

Mid 60s is definitely adequate to end the game with. Mid 70s is where the final battle begins to get too easy, anything past that is just overkill unless you're aiming for the hidden superbosses.

Armageddon is definitely not necessary, unless you're really lazy or just want to see what the attack looks like (it's not that impressive). If you do go that route, save it for the final Arcana of the boss. You'll know.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh look at that. Solid gold is sold out on gamestop now.

dakara
Aug 17, 2009

I know a girl who cries when she practices violin.
'Cause each note sounds so pure, it just cuts into her, and then the melody comes pouring out her eyes.
Worth mentioning all of the links to fromearth.net on OP are dead, like the website.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They're all on LP Archive, so you can just link them there.

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
Replaced them with lparchive links, thanks for letting me know. I'm aware that there have been some more SMT LPs recently, so I'll get around to linking those in a bit.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Fanart or official art? In any case, it's pretty adorable.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Are they re-recording the VA track for The Golden like with P3 Portable? I just watched the first episode of the anime and Erin Fitzgerald as Chie is just too adorable to lose :3:

quick edit: didn't read the thread before. Looks like she's back! :dance:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

A new Shin Megami Tensei IV trailer is going up on Youtube and Nicovideo next Monday night, and the full, uncut version will be shown at Tokyo Game Show. Hopefully it'll be an actual for real trailer with like... gameplay... or story info... or character faces.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 14, 2012

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIrL_sf7eDM
Preview of P4G with the English version. They talk over it, but you can see the differences.

Edit: Just getting a look at the dungeons and added features makes me want this more. The clarity is crazy good and Yukiko's castle isn't as red.

Edit 2: The Solid Gold edition is back in stock?

Dehry fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 14, 2012

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Ok, yeah, sold. Between this and being able to choose what skills get passed down, the game is already improved enough for me to give it another go.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DeathBySpoon posted:

Ok, yeah, sold. Between this and being able to choose what skills get passed down, the game is already improved enough for me to give it another go.

Yeah, that's pretty rad.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Holy crap, I am so amped for this now. It looks so much better, more bright, more crisp. And the portraits don't have that coloring issue now! My mind is going nuts trying to find it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffSuK_WsAHI (Dungeon 1 SPOILERS)

They changed it up quite a bit. You get a good dose of Chie and Teddie in this clip. They also changed the shadow's voices.