Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Hey guys I had a question as I'm still mildly confused by wound allocation in 6th ed and don't have my rulebook close to hand - it concerns Blasts.

If I launch a blast template into, say, the middle of an Ork mob, and cause 5 casualties, are those casualties taken from under the template or from nearest to the thing which fired the blast?
Just matters RE: my positioning of troops. Its probably a really easy question with a really obvious answer but my rules are at my friends house :P

EDIT: Also indirect barrages hitting tanks - do you take the armour facing relative to the firing unit or from the centre of the hole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Honey Badger posted:

So what is the best kit for an Ork Warboss now? I've got a bunch of those drat Black Reach warbosses but I dunno if a boss w/ big shoota, power klaw, and bosspole is decent anymore. I also have an assload of those slugga boys that are apparently useless now :(

To be honest the AOBR boss is what you want still. No point in using a Big Choppa sadly since it's still AP-. The Bosspole is not really needed since any unit he joins can take one anyway and it leaves him the option of pealing off an attached unit and not taking the bosspole with him. Model-wise you can just leave the bosspole on him. As long as your list clearly says if he has one or not then it should be fine.

Other people are trying out Megga Bosses with the 6th bump to 2+ armor and bump to Slow & Purposeful (and biker bosses are always fun). But you always want a Power Klaw of some kind, and an attack squig if you can find the points. If the PK boss does not work with your list then take a KFF mek or a comedy weirdboy for 85pts.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I was looking at the codex after the game last night with the guy I played (the DE used to be his army) and the organization chart seems to limit the HQ choices to 2, so how could one take 4 Archon choices?

Ultramega posted:

I now have a very good reason to buy incubi.

So far I've only run my Archon with Incubi - I'd like to try some Court of the Archon stuff with Ur-Ghuuls but need to find cheap models or maybe just proxy in some Genestealers.

not lame! posted:

I've given my Archon an agonizer - doesn't the huskblade rely on his rather feeble strength of 3?

I suppose, but it's balanced by the huskblade having the Instant Death rule. Hopefully we did this correctly, but when the Archon was wounding a Tau warlord that had 2 wounds remaining, 1 wound killed him instantly.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Lord Twisted posted:

Hey guys I had a question as I'm still mildly confused by wound allocation in 6th ed and don't have my rulebook close to hand - it concerns Blasts.

If I launch a blast template into, say, the middle of an Ork mob, and cause 5 casualties, are those casualties taken from under the template or from nearest to the thing which fired the blast?
Just matters RE: my positioning of troops. Its probably a really easy question with a really obvious answer but my rules are at my friends house :P

EDIT: Also indirect barrages hitting tanks - do you take the armour facing relative to the firing unit or from the centre of the hole?

The rules specify that you resolve blast hits "as normal" unless they're a barrage attack (in which case you remove from the centre outwards). Vehicle hits from barrage are always resolved against side armour.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

krushgroove posted:

I was looking at the codex after the game last night with the guy I played (the DE used to be his army) and the organization chart seems to limit the HQ choices to 2, so how could one take 4 Archon choices?

At 2k+ points you can double your max FoC slots and run say 4 archons or 4 haemonculi.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Ultramega posted:

At 2k+ points you can double your max FoC slots and run say 4 archons or 4 haemonculi.

4 archons or 12 Haemonculi. :science:

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

The rules specify that you resolve blast hits "as normal" unless they're a barrage attack (in which case you remove from the centre outwards).

Is this the barrage sniping that I've heard so much about?

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Fuegan posted:

No EW on your Chapter Master? Cry me a river, mine (Lias Issodon) doesn't even get an Iron Halo! :smith:

I was just about to whinge about Malakim Phoros but he's a fair bit better in 6th ed. You can give him a Power Axe Glaive Encarmine if you want and when he takes a wound he gets +1STR +1A and grants Rage to him and his unit. He's still pretty bad as far as Chapter Masters go but at 175pts he's at least an option.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

AgentF posted:

Is this the barrage sniping that I've heard so much about?

I guess so - I only really play against a Wolves player so I've never seen it in action.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ultramega posted:

Well. That certainly opens up some options for my 2K game tonight.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

krushgroove posted:

Well. That certainly opens up some options for my 2K game tonight.

Strictly speaking, couldn't you also take two allied detachments and get another 2 HQ slots on top of that in a 2k game?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I have no idea, but that would be fabulous too. I have about 500-700 points of CSM I could ally with the DE but I'm probably going to field all DE and use some wacky stuff I haven't tried before (talos pain engine, wracks, mandrakes, haemonculus), and that my opponent tonight will have never seen or heard about. He's doing the same for me (he's running Dark Angels) so it'll be an interesting battle, could be a long one...

Is there anything I should look out for? I know he'll have scouts, crusader, terminators, stuff from the Dark Vengeance box, librarian and other stuff. I'm hoping he won't consider that I'll have more than one archon, just for the look on his face!

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Other people are trying out Megga Bosses with the 6th bump to 2+ armor and bump to Slow & Purposeful (and biker bosses are always fun).

I think a Mega Boss joining a unit of Lootas would be pretty hilarious.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Natfka posts whatever rumors people send his way and he's definitely gotten trolled recently with some fake rumors but these ones sound very plausible. Quite a few people seem to have seen the book by now.

Faeit 212 posted:

Raptors are 95 for 5, and 17 points for up to 10 more
same upgrades as before

WARP TALONS, are the new raptor. They are 160 for 5 and 30 each for up to 5 more. They all have twin lightning claws. and they have an attack on the turn they deep strike.
its not an assault on arrival. its an attack that makes everyone within 6" of the unit blinded. so if you thread the needle, they won't be shot up

Defiler is 195 now, with all the normal options.
demonforge, the ability you're thinking of, is a once per game re-roll to damage

Forgefiends are 175, they have TWO Hades Autocannons. A Hades Autocannon is 48", Heavy 4, Str 8 AP 4... pinning they are only bs 3, so it's about the same. and once per game it can reroll to-wound and to-pen you can, however, swap those weapons out for Ectoplasm cannons. which are str 8 plasma cannons. and for 200 you get THREE of them. so that's some ap 2 love
3 HP, 12/12/10 armor

Dragon 170, they have 1 hades auto cannon
3 HP, 12/12/10
they can make a melee attack against other fliers

Defilers possibly have a few more rules but it's clear that they got Carnifexed in order to sell the new Daemon Engines, which sound very good. Hades Autocannons are better than Butcher Cannons, which only have 36" range. If they exist, of course. Remember that these are just rumors. Ghost Hand said that the flyer is not actually named "Dragon" a little while ago.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Ghost Hand also mentioned the blinding effect on the new Raptors, so that bit at least sounds legit.

In other news, WD is officially being redone, and in just over a week, so it seems like the rumours of an early WD before GD on the 22nd are true.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Add a SAG Big Mek to that unit for hilarious japes.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I might buy a White Dwarf for the first time in my life. Hopefully it has the preorders for CSM in it. If so, we should see leaks by early next week, unless something changed in order to plug the leaks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Honey Badger posted:

So what is the best kit for an Ork Warboss now? I've got a bunch of those drat Black Reach warbosses but I dunno if a boss w/ big shoota, power klaw, and bosspole is decent anymore. I also have an assload of those slugga boys that are apparently useless now :(

Your generic PK/BP warboss is still a great deal. A big shoota isn't strictly necessary unless you think you're going to be shooting it a lot. I've had a lot of fun fielding a warboss in mega armor. Toss in 4-5 meganobz, put them in a battlewagon, and you have a very rugged and reliable unit that can deal an impressive amount of punishment. And with the new LOSir rules and the elimination of nob units as characters Meganobz got a pretty good boost.

Slugga boyz aren't useless. Toss them in a battlewagon and drive straight at the enemy. The longer they stay in CC the better they are.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Fuegan posted:

Add a SAG Big Mek to that unit for hilarious japes.

SAG Mek with a bodyguard of Meganobz is pretty great.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Until the inevitable double one :v:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fuegan posted:

Until the inevitable double one :v:

Then it's just hilarious.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Fil5000 posted:

Vehicle hits from barrage are always resolved against side armour.
Don't know when I missed this, but man are my Basilisks more useful than ever now.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

SRM posted:

Don't know when I missed this, but man are my Basilisks more useful than ever now.

Yeah, tempted to ally some basilisks in from my old guard army now I've looked that up. Yeah, you always scatter the full 2D6 roll with no BS modifier, but hey, worth it.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Last night's battle report!

Hammertime: 12th September

1000 points

Necron/Tau

2 squads of Tau Fire Warriors, one with 2 drones
Tau Captain Crisis Suit with 2 drones and bodyguard (in reserve)
Tau Broadside
Necron Canoptek Spider with scarab swarms
Necron Lord
Necron Warrior squad

Dark Eldar – me
Archon (warlord), on a Raider with the Incubi
8 Incubi with 1 Klaivex
2 x 9 Wyches on a Raider with Hekatrix
8 Wyches on a Raider with Hekatrix

• 4×6 table, green meadow board with lake in the middle, split by a wide river
  • We chose to do The Scouring mission with 4 objective points using random values: instead of 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1 we used the point values of 3, 2, 2, 1
  • Random terrain density, using a rural theme (no huge buildings, shipping containers, etc.)
  • Hammer and Anvil (I think) deployment randomly rolled, deploying on narrow edges instead of long edges
  • Night Fighting was rolled before deployment
  • Tau/Necrons won deployment roll and opted to go second
  • Steal the Initiative wasn’t attempted

Azlobel Kartharax surveyed the terrain that rolled out before him. He smiled and turned to the leaders of the wych squads that would be with him this day. “Leave one of your squads with me, they should hold the ruins just here. Deploy the other two across the river. Hold the ruins with one and move forward with the other.” The hekatrixes nodded and moved away silently to their waiting transports, which hovered just a couple of meters off the ground.

The leader of the Kartharax’s incubi retinue stepped up. “The Tau hold the building with the machine. Silly blue-faces. They don’t know what’s coming.”

Kartharax turned to him, saying “Don’t underestimate these creatures, Zulos. They have the undead with them today.” He nodded to the other side of the river, where he could see a squad of the cyborgs assembling. “But they are all grist for the mines…”

Dark Eldar deployment:

Necron/Tau deployment:

Overview of the battlefield:

Turn 1!

Both pairs of Raiders move forward, taking snapshots on the Tau Broadside on one side of the river, and at the Necron Canoptek Spider on the other side. All miss, but they're only snapshots and I need to move up.

The Broadside misses while the Scarabs move up, popping the blue Raider (holding the Archon) for a hull point and stunning the crew. Necron Destroyers move from behind the buildings and miss with their gauss cannons, shooting through the trees.

Turn 2

The Archon's Raider pops over the trees, misses its shot at the spider, then the Archon disembarks and wipes out the destroyers before they can even respond in hand-to-hand combat.

Inspired, the Wyches on the other side of the river try to assault but they are very optimistic about their chances to roll a 10, so they fail their roll as they stare down the barrels of all those Necron guns.

Necron/Tau go, and the calm in this picture belies the fury that took place here. The Tau Fire Warriors move out from their objective and fire on the Incubi, killing 2. The Canopteck Spider and Scarabs move forward, then the Spider fires its blast weapon. The Tau Crisis Suit (warlord) squad then Deep Strikes in and unloads all its weapons on the Incubi, whittling down the squad to just a single Incubi, the Klavex and the Archon. The Scarabs then assault, but on the return attack the Canoptek Spider and a Scarab swarm were destroyed. Archon and Incubi soaking up the damage! (The Wyches on the other side of the river were totally wiped out by the Necrons)

Turn 3

The Raiders line up to fire on the Tau Crisis suit (in red), taking out a drone and putting a wound on the captain. The Archon and Incubi continue fighting the scarabs, but at least no one can fire on them.

The Tau captain splits his fire, taking out both Raiders and killing a few Wyches. Then he jump-packs away, hiding behind a building (he's got a history with the Archon!)

Archon Kartharax paused, wincing at the pain in his side. The explosion from that damned spider-creature had wounded him, but he would not stop until all these vile metal-men and blue-faced Tau were lain at his feet. That, or until Kartharax himself was killed.

With the last of the small insectoid creatures laid to waste, he looked around him to assess his own unit. Almost all were dead, either killed by weapons fire from the blue-faces that had moved from behind the nearby buildings, or slaughtered by the flame and slug weapons carried by the metal-suited Tau that had landed from the clouds just a minute before. The only remnants of his squad were his loyal Klaivex Zulos and a single Incubi under his command.

Kartharax looked to where the Tau captain had been, and saw the jet exhaust and burnt grass that indicated he’d jumped away – the trail of smoke led behind a pitiful shack of a home, and the foot of the Crisis Suit could be seen around the corner. The Archon started moving forward. “Zulos. Come. We have more killing to do.”

Turn 4

The Archon moves, runs, then charges, killing the captain and making sure the Fire Warriors still can't fire on him.

Meanwhile, the Necrons are moving up to contest the 2-point objective, not looking really good for the Wyches...

Turn 5

The Archon dies on overwatch! But the Klaivex is still able to get in and kill a Fire Warrior. With the battle in its dying minutes, the other surviving unit of Wyches rush back to claim their 1-point objective...

...while the other squad of Wyches is fired on by the Necrons, and they make a very good roll on their Leadership!

The roll is made, and we're into Turn 6!
(no pic, sorry)
The Klaivex kills 2 more Fire Warriors, who fail their Leadership roll and they run off the board.

And the Necrons claim 2 points from the Wyches after they kill them.

The battlefield at the end of the game:

Zulos, the last surviving member of Lord Kartharax’s personal unit, walked out from behind the buildings to observe the battlefield. To his right, the surviving Tau warriors were fleeing into the smoke and haze, back towards the city they where defending. Across the smoothly flowing river, another unit of Tau warriors were watching them intently, their drones hovering near their helmeted heads. The large Tau battle suit looked untouched and stood in a guard position near the warriors on foot. They weren’t aiming at him, but they weren’t making a move to cross the water, either. Nearby, the body of Lord Kartharax lay, covered in gore. Zulos walked to his body, kicked a limp arm aside and grasped the hilt of Kartharax’s huskblade, still humming with power.

One day, soon, Zulos would wield this weapon himself against these foes.

Point totals:
Tau/Necron: 6 (4 points from objectives, 1 from Linebreaker, 1 from Slay the Warlord)
Dark Eldar: 6 (1 point from First Blood, 2 points from killing Fast Attack, 1 point from objectives, 1 from Linebreaker, 1 from Slay the Warlord)

I’m much more satisfied with this battle than with previous ones. I wasn’t really tempted to try Chaos allies because I wanted to try the all-Wych attack. Apart from trying to hold objectives with assault-specific units, I didn’t do too bad. I should have moved the Wyches on the right flank up faster to contest the 3-point objective and help the Incubi, but moving them back when I did to hold the 1-point objective saved the game for me. On the left flank, I assaulted the Wyches too early, which got them all killed, but if I’d moved the Raider up further they wouldn’t have been able to assault until the following turn, so the Necrons would have been able to take out the Raider anyway. So I think that battle was a wash either way. Towards the end of the game, I should have thought about assaulting the Necrons as they came forward, since the objective was going to be contested either way – and probably lost – but at least I might have been able to take a few Necrons with me! Again, the objectives should have been held by cheap Kabalite warriors who could shoot, rather than the Wyches who are armed only with pistols.

My Man of the Match was yet again the Archon, soaking up loads of damage with his clonefield and Feel No Pain from the first pain point. It’s a real shame he didn’t survive, but that’s the breaks I guess. Watching him march from unit to unit and wipe a whole side of the board clean was great!

The complete battle report with more pictures is here: http://hammertime40k.wordpress.com/2012/09/13/batrep-necron-tau-versus-dark-eldar/

Now I have a tiny bit of time to rest up before tonight's 2000 point game!

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

SRM posted:

It's been like that since 5th

Pretty much. It makes manticores hell on wheels.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

not lame! posted:

I've given my Archon an agonizer - doesn't the huskblade rely on his rather feeble strength of 3?

This is why you give him the soultrap as well, which doubles his strength after he kills an IC or any flavor of monstrous creature. If you get him through 2 ICs or MCs, all of a sudden you have an S10 archon floating around that has an AP2 melee weapon and hits before anyone else, along with his shadowfield. Hell even if you just kill 1 IC/MC he's still going to be an S6 terror that even deathstar units of terminators are going to avoid.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Naramyth posted:

It's been like that since 5th

Pretty much. It makes manticores hell on wheels.

Yeah but you ran the risk in 5th of the center hole missing the vehicle and having the shot hit at half-strength

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
So I've been wondering something. I've wanted to do a Necron/Inquisitor army for a while now but I'm slightly confused by one little part of the Gray Knight Codex. On the Demon weapon table it says that on a role of 11 or 12 you become psychic mastery 2. I really don't see how that is much of a benafit to an inquisitor given that they only get one psychic power and no real option to buy any more. I assume you can always role on one of the core power lists from the rule book but would you get a second role as well?

Or to put it another way, without the advantage of the core powers in the big rule book what is the point of the demon weapons psychic mastery 2 power?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

bhsman posted:

Yeah but you ran the risk in 5th of the center hole missing the vehicle and having the shot hit at half-strength

Which is why I never ran Russes or Manticores until 6th. Just the rule was there.

Commandante
Oct 1, 2009

SRM posted:

Keep in mind that Basilisks have a minimum 36" range so it is really easy for your enemy to get under your guns and make your 125 pts a large paper weight. At least they have a heavy bolter!

It does provide an interesting tactic of forcing your opponent to get into IG's 24 - 36" sweet spot killzone.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Commandante posted:

Keep in mind that Basilisks have a minimum 36" range so it is really easy for your enemy to get under your guns and make your 125 pts a large paper weight. At least they have a heavy bolter!

It does provide an interesting tactic of forcing your opponent to get into IG's 24 - 36" sweet spot killzone.

You can indirect fire within the minimum range.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah, it's weird how calling something "minimum range," but not having it actually be minimum range is something that comes up over and over again.

Commandante
Oct 1, 2009

Naramyth posted:

You can indirect fire within the minimum range.

Oh, really? I guess that solves that then.

Thats kind of silly, like, you would assume that if you wanted to shoot something coming right at you, really close, you would be able to DIRECTLY shoot it.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arashiofordo3 posted:

So I've been wondering something. I've wanted to do a Necron/Inquisitor army for a while now but I'm slightly confused by one little part of the Gray Knight Codex. On the Demon weapon table it says that on a role of 11 or 12 you become psychic mastery 2. I really don't see how that is much of a benafit to an inquisitor given that they only get one psychic power and no real option to buy any more. I assume you can always role on one of the core power lists from the rule book but would you get a second role as well?

Or to put it another way, without the advantage of the core powers in the big rule book what is the point of the demon weapons psychic mastery 2 power?

It also turns the demon blade into a force weapon, so you can use the force weapon and also cast your power. Or you could roll for a Mastery Level 2 power. Or both.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Commandante posted:

Thats kind of silly, like, you would assume that if you wanted to shoot something coming right at you, really close, you would be able to DIRECTLY shoot it.

That's not how artillery works, there's a minimum angle they have to shoot because the barrel only goes down so far.

Target is far enough away that the artillery can directly fire.

Target is too close to fire directly at, that's as far as you can lower the barrel.

The indirect fire represents making this sort of arcing shot, I don't know the specific jargon, I'm not an artilleryman. I play miniature game. also not an artist

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

It also turns the demon blade into a force weapon, so you can use the force weapon and also cast your power. Or you could roll for a Mastery Level 2 power. Or both.

So you need to be able to cast a power in order to use the force weapon's full effects? That actually makes sense.

What are the rules for force weapons these days? Pass a test kill a dude, ignore armor saves, what?

Ghoulish Sandwich
Jun 27, 2008

the corpse party!
theres no better time and there are so many corpses here to work with

krushgroove posted:

*Sweet battle report*
Thanks for sharing!

That board does seem really terrain-light, though. It's unsurprising that the necron warriors' shooting was so devastating.

I was a little confused by this:

krushgroove posted:

The Archon moves, runs, then charges, killing the captain and making sure the Fire Warriors still can't fire on him.
Am I missing something in the codex? I thought fleet no longer allowed charges after the run (most ork players are keenly and painfully aware of this change).

krushgroove posted:

Now I have a tiny bit of time to rest up before tonight's 2000 point game!

Take pictures! :D

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

All of the space marines I ordered from Enigma105 showed up today! I'm going to try to put together a tournament list for one in November near here with these, and a few other things I have laying around.

3 full Tactical squads (each with a plasma gun)
1 bike squad (with a detachable multimelta sidecar)
1 landspeeder w/ multimelta
1 whirlwind
1 dreadnought w/ assault cannon and dccw
1 squad of 5 terminators (w/ heavy flamer)
1 squad of 5 assault marines
1 SM commander w/ command squad (2 storm bolters)
1 SM commander (on bike)
1 devastator squad (5 marines, 2x lascannon, 2x missile launcher)

I already have:
2x bike squads (5 SM each)
1x attack bike squad (3 bikes, multimeltas)
2x landspeeders (multimeltas)
1x stormtalon (assault cannon/skyhammer missiles)
2x chaplain on bike
1x drop pod

I want to get 3 drop pods, so I can drop in 2 on the first turn full of troops and have the dreadnought drop in when he is ready (escorted by the storm talon). I had close to 1k points already, and everything I got today totals up to close to 1700 (not counting the marines I didn't/couldn't work into a squad yet).

Right now I'm looking at this for a 1750 list:

1x Captain (on bike)
artificer armor, power weapon, bike: 165

2x tactical squads
drop pod/plasma gun for each: 430

1x tactical squad
plasma gun:180

2x bike squads (5 bikes each, as troops): 280

2x landspeeders (squadron)
assault cannon/multimelta for each: 200

1x assault squad (10 marines): 190

1x storm talon
w/ assault cannon/skyhammer missiles: 155

1x dreadnaught
drop pod, assault cannon, dccw: 150

If I want to bump it to 2k I can add in another land speeder like the ones above, a whirlwind tank, a bike to each biker squad, and give the biker sergeants melta bombs. I'm relatively new to space marines (having only used them as allies before) so I'm still learning about their tricks and toys. Comments/criticisms welcome.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ghoulish Sandwich posted:

Thanks for sharing!

That board does seem really terrain-light, though. It's unsurprising that the necron warriors' shooting was so devastating.

I was a little confused by this:

Am I missing something in the codex? I thought fleet no longer allowed charges after the run (most ork players are keenly and painfully aware of this change).

Take pictures! :D

The terrain density was random but we deliberately didn't use the big buildings we have available. The run/charge was incorrect, yeah - that would have slowed down the death of the crisis suit but the archon and klaivex would most likely have been denying the objective in the end.

And I'll be getting more pictures tonight for sure! Thanks for the feedback :-)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arashiofordo3 posted:

So you need to be able to cast a power in order to use the force weapon's full effects? That actually makes sense.

What are the rules for force weapons these days? Pass a test kill a dude, ignore armor saves, what?

There are three main types of force weapons: sword (base strength, AP3) axe (S+1, AP2, I1), and stave (S+2, AP4, models taking an unsaved wound are I1 until end of next turn). On top of that, you expend a warp charge, take a test, and if it is passed, all unsaved wounds that turn cause ID.

• Locked thread