Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Welp, seems like I need to return my Madrid shirts with Raul on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Almost everyone I play with and everyone I see at the 7 a side pitches have names and numbers on their shirts. I dunno why online people seem so much more against it than irl people.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If you don't have a friend who owns a shirt with his nickname on the back then you're really missing out imo

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I usually get a name on the shirt, it's part of the fun.

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.
Only reason I normally don't bother is it's usually a massive price difference. Same goes for any of the patches for leagues / cups. gently caress that. Gimme the shirt.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Almost everyone I play with and everyone I see at the 7 a side pitches have names and numbers on their shirts. I dunno why online people seem so much more against it than irl people.

Because of autisms, mate.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
I have "Chinaman" on the back of one of my old Newcastle shirts I play in and everyone kind of stares at me and I dont know why

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Popehoist posted:

You could buy our homage of it!

forget the pink kit, that orange and black one owns, m8.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I have a Real Madrid jersey with Zidane on the back. Best jersey purchase I have ever made. The rest have no names because I don't want to jinx it and lose that player.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I generally don't get names on the back because almost every footballer in the world is a oval office and I know for a fact they're all just waiting for me to get their name on a shirt before they murder a child with their Aston Martin or something.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The Prisoner posted:

I deeply regret not buying a pink star shirt while I had the chance. That thing is amazing.

They're still selling it at juvestore, it's this year's third kit.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

euroboy posted:

Don't get a name or a number on the shirt ever imo

....unless it's Bobby Pires.

Or Dennis Bergkamp.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
poo poo Football Kits: Fiorentina’s ‘Swastika’ Away Shirt, 1992/93

Though the season itself was far from Fiorentina’s finest moment (they were relegated from Serie A for the first time in 55 years after dive-bombing down the table from sitting second behind Milan in December), their 1992/93 away strip was very nearly a wonderful piece of work…

With a relatively reserved design (considering we’re talking about the early-to-mid 90s here!), a cool pop-culture sponsor (pun shamelessly intended) and a Viola-drenched colour palette that was rather pleasing to this young burgeoning Football Italia addict’s eye, Fiorentina’s garb was a joy to behold through innocent, unknowing eyes.

The strip was also graced by a fair few wonderful players, with it draped across the shoulders of the likes of Gabriel Batistuta, Francesco Baiano, Brian Laudrup, Massimo Orlando and Stefan Effenberg over the course of the year.

Sadly though, there was one small, purely coincidental design flaw that rendered La Viola’s change strip a ‘poo poo Kit’ – just have a closer look at those abstract zigzags…

Yep, the drat thing was covered in swastikas. It was enough to make Batigol’s hair stand on end every time he wore it…

Rumours quickly spread that the club – who were infamous for their fascist tendencies during WWII – had purposefully included the covert symbol into the design, though we personally still choose to believe that the design was purely accidental. Surely.

However, that didn’t stop the shirt being pulled on political grounds, with the club forced into issuing the following statement: ”Fiorentina and the manufacturers, Lotto, would like to underline that the optical [swastika] effect is purely a matter of chance.”

Let’s hope so, eh?

Link

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
Anyone know if it's possible to buy last years Madrid home kit with Ozil on teh back anywhere?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

luvd posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to buy last years Madrid home kit with Ozil on teh back anywhere?

http://www.realmadridshop.com/stores/realmadrid/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=85331&portal=&cmp=

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

Sadly they're fat person sizes :(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I took some pics of the 1982 World Cup anniversary kit/bag.

The inside of the collar has the scorelines of all the games Italy played with the venue and time above each one. If you don't pull the collar down a bit all you see is the awful draws that Italy scraped by with in the first group stage.

The armpits and back are that perforated material that Puma uses, the the top of the sleeves and the front are nice and smooth.

The collar's a bit weird, it's sewed in to three sections and the collar part itself doesn't come to a point like a dress shirt.

The bag's very light, it's made out of some sythetic leather substitute (I think) with a cloth inside. The gold edges are plastic, the badge is embroidered. Laptop for scale. Note that I was a Sydney FC plastic BEFORE they got Del Piero.

Inside of the bag. The same thing that's on the shirt collar is on the inside of the bag. That strap only has one actual button it; Im not sure I would really want to put my laptop in it.

Hope you enjoyed my autistic shirt post!

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-lucira-senyera-proxima-temporada-2201353

Barca to have a catalan away kit next season

Not sure if this is it, or just something it might look like:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Hardflip posted:

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-lucira-senyera-proxima-temporada-2201353

Barca to have a catalan away kit next season

Not sure if this is it, or just something it might look like:
Is this a *big* deal, politically? I'm sure it might raise eyebrows in certain circles but do people find it offensive, like Rangers always threatening to have an orange away kit?

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Depends if it will have a star or not

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hoops posted:

Is this a *big* deal, politically? I'm sure it might raise eyebrows in certain circles but do people find it offensive, like Rangers always threatening to have an orange away kit?

That is a different situation. Rangers would be like the invaders and occupiers thumbing it to the natives.

While Barca having Catalan colors would be the natives showing off their pride in their culture.
(Yes some facist may take offense but gently caress them.)

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Lladre posted:

That is a different situation. Rangers would be like the invaders and occupiers thumbing it to the natives.

While Barca having Catalan colors would be the natives showing off their pride in their culture.
(Yes some facist may take offense but gently caress them.)

Feel like pointing out that Barcelona, oddly, is reputed to have a small contingent of fascist ultras.

More on topic though, I don't care for Barcelona, or what I see as their holier-than-thou-mes-que-une-club attitude, but I really would not think any more or less of them if they wanted to play in Catalan colours.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

partipo posted:

Feel like pointing out that Barcelona, oddly, is reputed to have a small contingent of fascist ultras.
Any culture is going to have that. Keyword is small. They can go gently caress themselves too.

partipo posted:

More on topic though, I don't care for Barcelona, or what I see as their holier-than-thou-mes-que-une-club attitude, but I really would not think any more or less of them if they wanted to play in Catalan colours.
I don't care for people having the attitude that we have some "holier than thou" attitude. That is just a bullshit excuse to hate on any club that has a strong fan base.
The more than a club is because for many people, for many years, the club served as a link to their culture. A culture that Franco and his regime actively tried to eradicate.

[Edit are =/= care]

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
It's a great thing for the Catalonian community and it certainly is a part of their identity as a club. But it's kinda weird how they use it as a brand/marketing device, basically selling out their culture to some Americans and Brits who now smugly call the club Barthelona.

That being said, the picture posted with the article is a photoshopped pic of an old kit. It's just a mock up of what the kit could look like. Based on what we've seen from Nike this year, it will not look like that at all.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Lladre posted:

I don't get it.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

excuse me lady posted:

I don't get it.

Well the guy said they were threatening to wear orange shirts. I presumed that would be a dig on the Catholics from the Protestants, but I missed what country by several miles, since I thought they were talking about Ireland verus Scotland.

So sorry about that.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
What?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Couldn't have said it better myself.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lladre posted:

A culture that Franco and his regime actively tried to eradicate.

Well that's quite an exaggeration, why don't you pump the brakes a bit and quit while you're ahead.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Lladre posted:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Nice to see he popped out of the "Groove Is in The Heart" music video to play a little footie.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

please respond posted:

Well that's quite an exaggeration, why don't you pump the brakes a bit and quit while you're ahead.

Exaggeration? I think you are ignorant then. But whatever.

Have a caribou jersey.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I don't want to associate the Caribous of Colorado's awesome jersey with your dumb posts.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?
Here are some pictures of that blue Canada shirt from a few pages back.

It's the 100th anniversary of Canada playing the US for the first time or maybe felling some kind of maple tree jersey. I didn't read the history tag attached to it, so I'm really not certain.

One of my friends was able to get it on employee discount so it was $40. Looks like the template is the England jersey from the 2010 World Cup, right down to the weird papery collar. The embroidery is okay. After about 8 washes, some of the seams are looking a bit rough, but then again, it's not as if I paid full price for it. I like it okay. It did not come in a box.

edit: thumbnailed images

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Having the soundwave of the fans singing Oh Canada on the side and inside the collar is pretty cool

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.

onoflalks posted:

Having the soundwave of the fans singing Oh Canada on the side and inside the collar is pretty cool

They probably had the man city fans sing oh canada just to save them the trouble of having a second record day.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
The sound wave looks like it's backwards, shouldn't the spike be on the O and not the end of Canada?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

partipo posted:

Here are some pictures of that blue Canada shirt from a few pages back.

It's the 100th anniversary of Canada playing the US for the first time or maybe felling some kind of maple tree jersey. I didn't read the history tag attached to it, so I'm really not certain.

One of my friends was able to get it on employee discount so it was $40. Looks like the template is the England jersey from the 2010 World Cup, right down to the weird papery collar. The embroidery is okay. After about 8 washes, some of the seams are looking a bit rough, but then again, it's not as if I paid full price for it. I like it okay. It did not come in a box.

That is gorgeous, know where I can order it?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

hadji murad posted:

That is gorgeous, know where I can order it?

http://www.umbro.com/en-gb/shop/umbro-canada-centenary-special-edition-shirt/

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Woof! Woof! posted:

They probably had the man city fans sing oh canada just to save them the trouble of having a second record day.

Lladre posted:

The sound wave looks like it's backwards, shouldn't the spike be on the O and not the end of Canada?

I legitimately wondered if it actually was Canadian fans or if they just had someone photoshop the Man City blue moon sound wave a bit so they don't look identical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Thanks, they appear to only be shipping to Europe though (Im in Japan at the moment, though I could always have it shipped to Canada)

The rest of the world offers no sales link, so looks like SoL.

edit: going to the Umbro Canada page links you to the CSA site which doesn't even offer it. Lame.