Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

the Bunt posted:

Am I in the minority that I almost dislike every single person in the group besides Ye?

Kanye and Pusha T are far and away the best. How could you not like the Pusha verse in Mercy? He killed that poo poo. CyHi the Prynce isn't part of the group I guess but I like him a lot too. Big Sean's verse on Mercy is tolerable but yeah in general he is pretty lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I literally love all 5 tracks that have leaked.

By leak you mean the ones posted on the Kanye West website?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

edit: woop false alarm those are empty boxes for digital copies

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 10, 2012

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Boxes...for digital copies :psyduck:?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Yep.

Anyways rumor has it

Deluxe is 15 tracks plus the movie.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Boxes...for digital copies :psyduck:?

My roommate went to the store to buy a pre–order for a PC game that he could have just pre–ordered from the company itself online. I have no idea why he didn't do that but he was showing me the empty box he got for it.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Snippets
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/kanye-west-presents-good-music/id561355996

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
got it

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Don't think this has been posted in here, but you can hear "To The World" here.

http://exclaim.ca/News/hudson_mohawke_collaborates_with_kanye_west_r_kelly_on_cruel_summer

I really dig it.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This isn't your picture. You don't have poo poo.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

doctor thodt posted:

This isn't your picture. You don't have poo poo.

I got the m4a's ripped directly from that cd in the picture. if you know who's picture that is then you do too

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The hell is wrong with Mase's voice on this? drat. The first four bars of his verse basically ruins that track.

Yeah dunno, y'all, The One and New God Flow are the only standout tracks for me on first listen. And the I Don't Like remix.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

atrus50 posted:

I got the m4a's ripped directly from that cd in the picture. if you know who's picture that is then you do too

quote:

m4a's

:barf:
Gross, I'll wait for the real thing.

inafoxhole
Mar 29, 2010

inafoxhole fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 13, 2012

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
welp its mediocre as hell and there's no deluxe version

Lmao

Edit: easily the worst ye album

Edit2: they added a vuvuzela to cold lirl

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 13, 2012

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
the hudmo beat is cool and it has an eagle sample so that saves the album

its alright

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I think Sin City and The Morning are both pretty cool

Album needs more Cyhi

That's all I got

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

atrus50 posted:

welp its mediocre as hell and there's no deluxe version

Lmao

Edit: easily the worst ye album

Edit2: they added a vuvuzela to cold lirl

let's not all run around calling this a Kanye album now

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

epitasis posted:

let's not all run around calling this a Kanye album now

lmao none of the other artists even knew what the tracklist was going to be before kanye turned the album in to def jam.

kanye had 100% control over this project (not counting the final say of the label and management (the reason why cold and i don't like is on there)) and dropped the ball.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
Still though, I wouldn't compare it to his solo albums. This seems about in line with Watch the Throne, which is another album where I think the ball was dropped a bit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I never listened to Mercy before. "Build a house on that rear end, that's an rear end-state" is some of the funniest poo poo I've ever heard. This song is pretty alright.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Cruel Summer feels like a more disjointed watch the throne with about the same amount of good trakcs

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

the Bunt posted:

Still though, I wouldn't compare it to his solo albums. This seems about in line with Watch the Throne, which is another album where I think the ball was dropped a bit.

What. WTT is still getting spin for me, top 5 album of the year.

I like this too. Not going crazy about it, but it's not as bad as some of you guys are making it out to be. Half of the poo poo was on radio already so maybe the 5 tracks we haven't heard disappointed some people.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Deadbeat Dad posted:

What. WTT is still getting spin for me, top 5 album of the year.

I like this too. Not going crazy about it, but it's not as bad as some of you guys are making it out to be. Half of the poo poo was on radio already so maybe the 5 tracks we haven't heard disappointed some people.

WTT is weird for me. It's simultaneously one of the more disappointing records for me in recent memory, and one of the most played. It's fun but top 5 album of the year is really stretching it for me and I was just expecting something bigger from two of the most notable and prolific names in modern hip hop. It has 6 or 7 unskippable tracks for me, that just doesn't cut it compared to the rest of Ye's ouevre.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Just had a full listen-through. It's good, but I'll need to hear it a few more times before I can develop an opinion.

The way the instrumental creeps in on To the World (before any vocals come in) gives me chills, though.

epic funhaver
Jun 8, 2011

by Debbie Metallica
its cool when you can really obviously tell which raps were written for kanye and which ones werent

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

TheJoker138 posted:

I never listened to Mercy before. "Build a house on that rear end, that's an rear end-state" is some of the funniest poo poo I've ever heard. This song is pretty alright.

What the hell? The song is everywhere

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

epic funhaver posted:

its cool when you can really obviously tell which raps were written for kanye and which ones werent

2 chaaaaaaaaaaaainzzzzzzz

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

NeuroticErotica posted:

What the hell? The song is everywhere

I have a phone with 32gb of storage space and a spotify account, and an input jack on my cars stereo. Where, exactly, would I hear it without seeking it out?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

I have a phone with 32gb of storage space and a spotify account, and an input jack on my cars stereo. Where, exactly, would I hear it without seeking it out?

Mercy has been available on Spotify for a while now. Clique and Cold are on there too.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

TheJoker138 posted:

I was a little disappointed that it wasn't "Build a house on that rear end, that's the NASDAQ" like I thought at first, just because that would be the best political commentary.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

Mercy has been available on Spotify for a while now. Clique and Cold are on there too.

Speaking of Spotify, I just saw that all of Cruel Summer is up on Spotify now even though it's not released yet. Search for the album "Kanye West Presents Good Music Cruel Summer."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

"Without seeking it out."

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
I'll wait to hear the rest of the tracks Tuesday.

I really dig Clique. In my opinion, Kanye makes the songs a lot better. Then again, he is my favourite artist.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

To The World is not exactly great, although the Kanye bit is pretty good, never did like R. Kelly though
Clique is catchy as hell and just awesome
Mercy is as fantastic as always and Kanye's bit is the best part of the entire album
I wasn't quite sure what to think of New God Flow, but after feeling like I was back in the 90s I realized I kinda liked it
The Morning is incredibly unremarkable and bland
Cold is... Weird, the coughing bit is kind of bizarre, it's just not much to it besides that
Higher starts out kind of low and dull, but the end is cool and leads into
Sin City, which is pretty fantastic, and if Kanye in Mercy is the best bit on the album this is just about the best track overall
The One is nice, the lyrics are great and those reloading and gun sounds in the beat (or whatever they are) are awesome
I love Kid Cudi, but Creepers didn't impress me, just not good at all
Bliss is nice enough, but that's some 80s as gently caress synth
Don't like Don't Like (I'm so clever), and it's a weird way to end the album

This album doesn't have a No Church In The Wild, but Sin City, Mercy and Clique genuinely rock. Overall, it's not as satisfying as Watch The Throne, but it's not bad.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 14, 2012

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
New God Flow is way better with the ghostface verse instead of that dumb Kanye part that used to be at the end.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I like the album version of New God Flow better too; really hated the original ending. However, of the previously unreleased songs... they're all pretty bad except for The Morning (which could have stood to be longer - some of the verses sounded rushed... like when 2 Chainz is getting going then his verse just suddenly ends it is literally about 10 seconds long). They released all the good tracks early!

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 14, 2012

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Best part of Clique is easily Kanye talking about hanging out with George Tenet. What a loving weird thing to talk about in a rap song

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
Kanye killed it on the intro, The Morning is cool, the Cyhi track is good. The rest of it is pretty much whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Basically, the first half of the album is good. Really good.

The second half is also good. Pretty good.

• Locked thread