Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Sniep posted:

yo Ian here's a tip

it's just the tip dont worry

(im sexually attracted to you and want to anally penetrate you)

Read this in Jon Benjamin's voice and welp, now that's a permanent thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

yo wats up

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

hahahahaha. This guy....

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

Ian McLean posted:

hahahahaha. This guy....

Ian McLean posted:

hahahahaha. This guy....

gimme some zynga stats man....

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

ZYNGA STOCK CRASHER posted:

gimme some zynga stats man....
a statpedia page on that would probably be a legit place to post hello.jpg tbh

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
I made a quick stat of the znyg chart on google. It isn't displaying correctly yet.

I should just see stat charts from all the major places directly on statpedia search.

This is going to be one of those autogenerated things from the major stock places.

Type "zyng" into search, and see charts from yahoo, google, and maybe a few other places without anyone having to create the stat for the stock charts.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what exactly does your service provide that makes it superior to typing "zyng" into yahoo, google and maybe a few other places individually, besides like 5 seconds

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=ZNGA

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
Ian with your site could I create a search for BAZYNGA and the result is an animated version of their stock value with a slide whistle downward note? because I'd like that

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Sagebrush posted:

what exactly does your service provide that makes it superior to typing "zyng" into yahoo, google and maybe a few other places individually, besides like 5 seconds

Even if I can save the individual one second, that is good.

How they can plot multiple things from their search algorithm is what I believe to be really impressive: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=ZNGA+and+Goog

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
You had me worried Ian, I thought you left for good. I am glad you are back.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Ian, Your Online Site is a Piece Of poo poo, bitch.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Ian McLean posted:

I am going to take the statpedia ratings feature and apply it to be a scroll over feature on search results. If a new version is rated poorly, it will keep reverting back until it no longer exists within search for moderators to review.

Then if people take advantage of this feature, we will just have locked versions and special permissions to edit content.

People will also be able to make collaborative groups for things where they can grant permissions.

Obviously people need to be able to lock edits if they are using themselves as a source.

hmm.

bro we're just gonna go in and upvote goatse and downvote poo poo you stole from w3schools

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

yissss gettin me some zynga statz

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Cocoa Crispies posted:

bro we're just gonna go in and upvote goatse and downvote poo poo you stole from w3schools

... a w3 schools icon is displayed, and a link is given for w3 schools. The only thing statpedia is doing is providing more information within the search itself. Chances are, people are still going to click on the search result anyways.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Cocoa Crispies posted:

perhaps he could build some type of "trust" system

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

JawnV6 posted:

perhaps he could build some type of "trust" system

yo statpedia and stackoverflow. ian merge your conciousness with fatwood. become one

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Ericadia posted:

You had me worried Ian, I thought you left for good. I am glad you are back.

:)

Here is the new kickstarter awaiting approval: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1630905008/1746637091?token=c00eca36

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

just a butt posted:

yo statpedia and stackoverflow. ian merge your conciousness with fatwood. become one

?? Are you referring to Jeff Artwood?

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
all i see is you spastically clicking around on your website and theres no sound in your video

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

just a butt posted:

some stats may go to sleep unexpectedly when stacked

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
ian your very handsome but for 10 grand id expect a little more than 30 minutes of conversation iykwim

poty
Jun 21, 2008

if i pay 10k will you give me dating advice

im trying to win back my ex you see. what would you think if an ex sent you boob pics. i miss him so much

poty fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 15, 2012

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

poty posted:

if i pay 10k will you give me dating advice

im trying to win back my ex you see

you got it. :)

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

[for one thousand american dollers] I will upload a stat for you, and report back to you which stat I upload. I can even add a little "This statistic was made possible by donations from _______." Displayed somewhere with your approval. We can even discuss which statistic you would like to upload in recognition of your contributions plus everything mentioned above.

ian isnt the whole point that everyone can do this themselves, at no cost

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

0xB16B00B5 posted:

all i see is you spastically clicking around on your website and theres no sound in your video

I can upload a new video with audio. Any recommendations are more than welcome.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Milkie Galore posted:

[for one thousand american dollers] I will upload a stat for you, and report back to you which stat I upload. I can even add a little "This statistic was made possible by donations from _______." Displayed somewhere with your approval. We can even discuss which statistic you would like to upload in recognition of your contributions plus everything mentioned above.

ian isnt the whole point that everyone can do this themselves, at no cost

Yeah, but what if they just want someone else to do it for them. Someone can create a wikipedia article, doesn't mean they wouldn't rather have someone do it for them.

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ian McLean posted:

I can upload a new video with audio. Any recommendations are more than welcome.

you should explain the best features of your website as youre showing them off!

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

ian i dont think any of us here really disapprove of trying to extract money from idiots via kickstarter but atm the idiot on kickstarter seems to be u

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

0xB16B00B5 posted:

you should explain the best features of your website as youre showing them off!

okay

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Milkie Galore posted:

ian i dont think any of us here really disapprove of trying to extract money from idiots via kickstarter but atm the idiot on kickstarter seems to be u

How come I can't be a cool kickstarter! Why do I gotta be the idiot kickstarter. :(

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

jeff antword

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ian McLean posted:

How come I can't be a cool kickstarter! Why do I gotta be the idiot kickstarter. :(

ian youre sharing your talents and gifts with the world and forums posted "milkie galore" is hiding behind sarcasm and a p. terrible screen name. keep doing your thing bro

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Ian McLean posted:

?? Are you referring to Jeff Artwood?

jeff fatword aka jaff cuntlord? is this to whom you are referring? ian?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
holey poo poo if i pledge 10k you'll talk to me for 30 minutes?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

has anyone ever gotten anything of value out of a kickstarter

the elevation dock was looking pretty good until wednesday lol

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

poty posted:

has anyone ever gotten anything of value out of a kickstarter

the elevation dock was looking pretty good until wednesday lol

this is a good game http://www.ftlgame.com/

if you funded it for less than $9 and you got a copy of the game then yes maybe but i don't think the reward for less than $9 was the game so errr

i guess no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Ian McLean posted:

here I made a stat for you
http://statpedia.com/staging/week-21/index.php/publicdata/?sv=29&yv=120&xv=117&uid=1484&sid=71&statinfoid=21&title=Idiots%20on%20Kickstarter

btw your site is really broken and I spent way too long on that than I should have but that's probably why you need more money I guess? also I had to fudge the numbers and make the first one $1 instead of $0 because otherwise it wouldn't graph properly so excuse the slight lapse in realism

• Locked thread