Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
If I had more than 9p in my bank account, I would be backing this like Boone backed me into The Fort.

Has this got its own thread yet, or does this still fall under the Kickstarter thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Another Person posted:

If I had more than 9p in my bank account, I would be backing this like Boone backed me into The Fort.

Has this got its own thread yet, or does this still fall under the Kickstarter thread?

Throw money at your screen at the Project Eternity thread.

Technically it's had its own thread since the Project X splashscreen on obsidian.net showed up Monday.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

DamnGlitch posted:

Just restarted New Vegas after maybe a year since I last played. When I first got it I did my usual do "everything nice" run since the evil options are pretty ridic even in this.

Jesus christ please don't use philosophy by a intentionally grey morality computer game character to inform your political ideologies.

It's the other way around. I had those views before.
Holy poo poo Project Eternity is almost funded. It had me at "Obsidian squad based RPG." I loved Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape Torment.

Are we funding an SA NPC?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It really pisses me off how lackadaisical people are when I tell them I killed Caesar or House. If you tell Hanlon/Joshua Graham/Ulysses about Caesar's death all three of them are literally like "ah, cool" and move on with what they were saying.

and Ulysses is over here accusing me of working with Mr. House and calling me his lapdog, when all i did was power up his robots so i could take them for myself. I murdered him with a golf club no less than 2 minutes later.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

That DICK! posted:

It really pisses me off how lackadaisical people are when I tell them I killed Caesar or House. If you tell Hanlon/Joshua Graham/Ulysses about Caesar's death all three of them are literally like "ah, cool" and move on with what they were saying.

and Ulysses is over here accusing me of working with Mr. House and calling me his lapdog, when all i did was power up his robots so i could take them for myself. I murdered him with a golf club no less than 2 minutes later.

Well in Caesar's case, it's pretty much established that you changed nothing because Caesar was smart enough to set up a clear line of succession beforehand. Like, House tells you when you're infiltrating the fort not to hurt Caesar, as doing so wouldn't affect the Legion all that badly. On the other hand, if the Legion wins with Lanius in charge, there a significantly greater amount of slaughter in the Mojave after their take-over. According to his SPECIAL stats on the game's wiki, Lanius is actually the smartest person in The Legion.

I have no justification for Ulysses, though, sad to say. There seemed to have been some issues with him recognizing your faction for me, too.

EDIT: I always killed Caesar anyways, because I keep wanting to hear Boone say "Thumbs down you son of a bitch."

Bedlamdan fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 15, 2012

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bedlamdan posted:

Well in Caesar's case, it's pretty much established that you changed nothing because Caesar was smart enough to set up a clear line of succession beforehand. Like, House tells you when you're infiltrating the fort not to hurt Caesar, as doing so wouldn't affect the Legion all that badly. On the other hand, if the Legion wins with Lanius in charge, there a significantly greater amount of slaughter in the Mjoave after their take-over. According to his SPECIAL stats on the game's wiki, Lanius is actually the smartest person in The Legion.

I have no justification for Ulysses, though, sad to say. There seemed to have been some issues with him recognizing your faction for me, too.

Lanius definitely leaves the world worse off than Caesar I suppose, but did they clear up who would succeed him?(Is it in the ending if you kill both? Cause that's coming soon so don't spoil it if it is I guess.)

I've killed pretty much every named Legion dude in the game and plan to murder Lanius, where does that leave the line of succession then?

I actually really hated that part of the ending. You can talk Lanius down, but that really solves nothing, and Lanius is the bigger monster than Caesar is. There's no advantage to letting him escape alive if you can kill him right then and there. It's not like he's somehow going to learn the error of his ways, no matter how high your speech is.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
You'd think they'd take it personally, though.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

That DICK! posted:

I actually really hated that part of the ending. You can talk Lanius down, but that really solves nothing, and Lanius is the bigger monster than Caesar is. There's no advantage to letting him escape alive if you can kill him right then and there. It's not like he's somehow going to learn the error of his ways, no matter how high your speech is.

I always let Lanius go simply because while they felt like a worse alternative to the NCR, House, and/or me, from what I could get from my conversations with Raul Arizona is still better off with the Legion than it was before. So I think that sending them back home would be better than destroying the closest thing to civilization for what's left of Arizona.

IIRC, I believe it was hinted in a few places that Lanius would not be able to hold the Legion together on his own, but I'm not entirely certain.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
How can I increase run speed (in game or otherwise) in New Vegas? I want super speed powers.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Another Person posted:

You don't get charged until the kickstarter ends. Back it now, get the money later.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is there anyway to talk to Eddie even if the powered bodyguards see through my disguise? I'm going to try taking off my disguise but I think I have infamy with the powdergangs.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Is there anyway to talk to Eddie even if the powered bodyguards see through my disguise? I'm going to try taking off my disguise but I think I have infamy with the powdergangs.

Pop a stealth boy and sneak right up to him, then VERY quickly stand up and initiate conversation. You'll go thru the whole tree with him, and the minute the conversation ends, he'll try to kill you.

If you're trying to initiate the first stage of I Fought The Law, you'll need to do this 3 times to get to the "Kill Everyone" part, each 72 hours apart.

Not really worth it.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I'm going through OWB again and I suppose I must have missed Dr Borous' basement before because... :gonk:

Also, it's a bit low effort going through with a team of robots at my command. Occasionally, I run up to something and smash them in the face/head with a Proton Axe, but usually I just sit back and wait for my Mr Handies to flame-throw whatever it is to death.

JessKay
Oct 16, 2011

kingturnip posted:

I'm going through OWB again and I suppose I must have missed Dr Borous' basement before because... :gonk:

Also, it's a bit low effort going through with a team of robots at my command. Occasionally, I run up to something and smash them in the face/head with a Proton Axe, but usually I just sit back and wait for my Mr Handies to flame-throw whatever it is to death.

Wait, how did you get Mr. Handies on your side? I must've missed the bit where I can do that. :raise:

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Penis Ouija posted:

Wait, how did you get Mr. Handies on your side? I must've missed the bit where I can do that. :raise:

This mod is what you're after. You do end up feeling a bit like an ARPG Summoner, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

That DICK! posted:

I've killed pretty much every named Legion dude in the game and plan to murder Lanius, where does that leave the line of succession then?

Running back over the river with its tail between its legs.

CerebralDonut
Mar 5, 2004
I'm encountering a pretty nasty bug near the end of Honest Hearts, and I'm wondering how to fix it/skip ahead in the quest: The Burning Man kills Salt Upon Wounds, and a screen transition occurs. The game crashes during the transition, and does so no matter what option I choose. Is there any way to fix this?

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

CerebralDonut posted:

I'm encountering a pretty nasty bug near the end of Honest Hearts, and I'm wondering how to fix it/skip ahead in the quest: The Burning Man kills Salt Upon Wounds, and a screen transition occurs. The game crashes during the transition, and does so no matter what option I choose. Is there any way to fix this?

I had a similar problem when playing Dead Money. Load your last save before this happens and see if you are almost to the next level. If the XP reward for completing a mission takes you to the next level at the same time that there is a cut scene, the game will crash every time.

I had a save game where I wanted to start Dead Money and it did this. I figured it out because the level up screen would pop up just before it faded to the cut scene and crashed sometimes, and what I had to do was load that save, go kill some Powder Gangers until I made the next level, then go back and start the mission.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I don't the Legion is sustainable in the long run with Lanius - he's a psychotic nutjob who is only interested in combat and conquest, not government buliding like Ceasar was. Lots of characters tell you that without Ceasar, the Legion will tear itself apart, since it's a big cult of personailty, not a system of government like the NCR is.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Bedlamdan posted:

I always let Lanius go simply because while they felt like a worse alternative to the NCR, House, and/or me, from what I could get from my conversations with Raul Arizona is still better off with the Legion than it was before. So I think that sending them back home would be better than destroying the closest thing to civilization for what's left of Arizona.

IIRC, I believe it was hinted in a few places that Lanius would not be able to hold the Legion together on his own, but I'm not entirely certain.

Maybe I should believe Raul more, but it just seems too morally irresponsible and risky to let rape leaders go back to their rape states. Civilization is just going to have to find another way to take root in Arizona.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

OldMemes posted:

I don't the Legion is sustainable in the long run with Lanius - he's a psychotic nutjob who is only interested in combat and conquest, not government buliding like Ceasar was. Lots of characters tell you that without Ceasar, the Legion will tear itself apart, since it's a big cult of personailty, not a system of government like the NCR is.

The ending where the Legion wins the drat but Caesar (for whatever inexplicable reason) is dead confirms this.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Biological Research Station in Old World Blues is amazing.

In fact, most of the robot voices in the Sink are awesome.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Just finished my ultimate NCR run, and my psychotic Caesar lady(was pretty disappointed by the lack of difference when you play a woman. I was expecting the ending to be like, Caesar doublecrossing you and just making you his slave or something. All it means is you can't fight in the XPless, repless arena.

But that leaves my ultimate Independent Vegas run. And in my mind there's only one man for the job.

We're *illegal*. Our whole goal is to get annexed to the New California Re-loving-public. We start holding trials, what's to keep the NCR's loving Congress from saying, "Oh, excuse us! We didn't realize you were a loving sovereign community and nation out there! Where's your cocksucker's flag? Where's your loving navy, or the like? Maybe when we make our treaty with the Great Khans, we should treat you people like renegade loving tribals- deny your loving gold and property claims, and hand everything over instead to our ne'er-do-well cousins and brothers-in-laws!

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

OldMemes posted:

I agree; sure Caesar might have an established inheritance line, but when next to rule is Lanius, things are definitely going to fall apart.

It's also why I simply can't believe that the Legion would last longer than the NCR no matter what the creators might claim since as bad as the latter may be it doesn't seem as likely to explode violently should a old, cancer ridden man die.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Where the hell can I get easy Stimpacks in Old World Blues? There's only one vendor and he ran out of Stimpacks a long time ago. I can't travel back to the Mojave, and I need more than the one or two I find! I don't have a high enough survival to make them. My Science is 50, so I can make 5 at a time from the random sets of beakers I find in places, but I think I can only do that once or something.

What should I do? The Stealth Suit burns through them like they're water!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

rotinaj posted:

Where the hell can I get easy Stimpacks in Old World Blues? There's only one vendor and he ran out of Stimpacks a long time ago. I can't travel back to the Mojave, and I need more than the one or two I find! I don't have a high enough survival to make them. My Science is 50, so I can make 5 at a time from the random sets of beakers I find in places, but I think I can only do that once or something.

What should I do? The Stealth Suit burns through them like they're water!

Try this mod or wear something else.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

rotinaj posted:

Where the hell can I get easy Stimpacks in Old World Blues?

Just get Them's Good Eatin' and forget about stimpacks. (The JSawyer mod nerfs it a bit, but it's still good).

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
How do the NCR and The Legion instantly know I'm working with Mr House after the Boomer quest? The game constantly tells me that I'm the only outsider allowed in Nellis and the only person allowed in the Lucky 38. An unmarked quest even emphasizes that House is unhackable.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Count Chocula posted:

How do the NCR and The Legion instantly know I'm working with Mr House after the Boomer quest? The game constantly tells me that I'm the only outsider allowed in Nellis and the only person allowed in the Lucky 38.

You know the Strip is kind of heavily populated and people see you walking in there, right?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Fun Fact: The Legion are the ones updating your Pip-Boy. Some of the Frumentarii got together and practiced doodling Vault Boy one day, things snowballed from there.

And the NCR has magic invisible spies watching the Legion, obviously.

anviroid
Aug 2, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You know the Strip is kind of heavily populated and people see you walking in there, right?

The correct answer is "Game Magic", because you could be going into the lucky 38 to piss on House's e-casket for all the legion knows.

Most of the "how" and "why" questions are answered with "Game Magic" because you are playing a game, and that's just how things have to be done to make it playable and interactive. They aren't actual people, and they never actually know anything, so the game has a set bit of data that you trigger that tells them that they now know something that they didn't before.

You have to suspend disbelief with any form of fiction, because without any exception it all falls apart and stops making sense when you stare too closely at it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It's hand-wavey, but they know because the securitrons still act like they work for House. When he dies everyone knows instantly thanks to his broadcasting it across all of them. Plus, you keep going in there and emerging to very obviously perform tasks they didn't ask you to do, so you're either working for him or yourself. And since everyone orders you around like a glorified mailman they probably assume you don't have the balls to be doing it all on your own, which makes betraying them and chucking Oliver off of the dam at the last minute all the sweeter :unsmigghh:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I think what he was specifically asking was not how people know he's working for House after talking to the Boomers, it's how they know he's working for House after talking to the Boomers. Nobody should have any idea what's going on in Nellis.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

I'm a big fan of suspending disbelief, and 'invisible spies' are already part of the setting. I just don't understand why I can't use the Boomers support as a trump card in the final battle but keep it hidden until the end of the game. There's no way for any of the factions to know for sure what I did at Nellis, so it feels like the decision point should be pushed forward.

As it is I've reloaded and I won't be doing any more of the main quests until I finish the NCR subquest, find Veronica, etc.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Just finished OWB for probably the fifth time tonight, and I've got to say the voice acting and writing amazes me every time. What totally caught me off guard, is that I'd somehow completely forgotten about Borous' side-quest and how :smith: the end of it is. It actually made me feel pity for that reprehensible brain-in-a-globe.

For the couple minutes it lasts before he pushes the memories back into the recursion loop. gently caress you Borous.

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 17, 2012

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Okay so after about a year I'm playing again, fresh start, fresh install (new SSD to boot).

For spice I decided to do a run with Project Nevada, which has been totally cool. I went ahead and basically made me, since for my first run I played as a chick since I'm that guy, or whatever. But anyway, I got my guy all set up, and during traits I'm all like, gently caress yeah I'm choosing four eyed as a trait.

This run has literally been "the journey towards glasses that don't suck poo poo."

Project Nevada does some nifty stuff with eyewear overlays. Helmets, goggles, glasses. I picked up the busted as pair of glasses that doc mitchell has and... I haven't found a not beat to hell pair yet. So slowly over my journey I've been finding glasses and repairing my own, slow erasing the darkness completely impaired, suddenly blind cracked rear end frames I have to look through. At quarter condition, there's like 6 cracks and the glasses are dirty. At level 14 I'm down to one crack and pretty clean glasses, but I'm still not there.

I mean I guess I have saved some people but I figure my end game is me finding a pair of pristine, brand new glasses at the final legion area.

anviroid
Aug 2, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah, the near sighted gene is probably vastly underrepresented in the wasteland genepool at this point in the timeline. I mean, sure some of them would have been in the vaults, but after that, nobody is going to know how to make any glasses. So basically I imagine if you can't see for poo poo, you die first.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

DamnGlitch posted:

Okay so after about a year I'm playing again, fresh start, fresh install (new SSD to boot).

For spice I decided to do a run with Project Nevada, which has been totally cool. I went ahead and basically made me, since for my first run I played as a chick since I'm that guy, or whatever. But anyway, I got my guy all set up, and during traits I'm all like, gently caress yeah I'm choosing four eyed as a trait.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but four eyes is a lovely trait. The only reason Perception isn't a dump stat is because there are a few good perks that require decent perception.

By taking four eyed as a trait, you just screwed yourself over by losing one SPECIAL point in order to see red markers on the map a little bit closer. If you take the route the game wants you to take to Vegas, the first NPC companion you come across will basically give you 10 perception.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

thrakkorzog posted:

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but four eyes is a lovely trait. The only reason Perception isn't a dump stat is because there are a few good perks that require decent perception.

By taking four eyed as a trait, you just screwed yourself over by losing one SPECIAL point in order to see red markers on the map a little bit closer. If you take the route the game wants you to take to Vegas, the first NPC companion you come across will basically give you 10 perception.

I'm role playing in a role playing game? WHAAAA??? :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

thrakkorzog posted:

It really annoys me too because it makes you miss out on Better Criticals, which is one of those "everyone should take this" perks, unless you pump PER up to 7 anyway to counterbalance, but if you're already doing that you're already playing an eagle-eyed motherfucker which totally destroys the roleplaying aspect.

All the other traits have their uses (well, Trigger Discipline is pretty lovely, since it makes you more accurate in VATS but also gives you way less AP in VATS, but I can see how one-shot kill playstyles might like it). drat your weird programming, Four Eyes! I wanted to use you!

For my money though, I always go Skilled and Good Natured because I like passing all the early skill checks, then when I respec in OWB its Hoarder and Built To Destroy (which works quite nicely if you use Raul as a companion, since he negates any ill effects).

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 17, 2012