Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Normal saves. I don't use any mods that would affect mechanics beoynd the usual .esp level besides the 4 GB mod. And no huge overhauls, unless you count Sawyer as one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Fewd posted:

Normal saves. I don't use any mods that would affect mechanics beoynd the usual .esp level besides the 4 GB mod. And no huge overhauls, unless you count Sawyer as one.

You should really use CASM! It's probably your best bet against savegame corruption and general CTD tomfoolery.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You should really use CASM! It's probably your best bet against savegame corruption and general CTD tomfoolery.

Second.

I had probably 85~90% fewer crashes in my second and third playthroughs (with CASM) than my first (without), and about 99% less container corruption.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Alright, OP should be updated with working links. I just did a find + replace to correct the address changes, and the four or five I clicked on were working, but if anybody finds any broken links, let me know.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Sir Unimaginative posted:

JSawyer. It's more unforgiving but isn't all that blasted, and if you're actually looking for blasted New Vegas is a place and time a little too into the rebuilding stage to qualify.

Yeah that was like the only mod I was sort of inclined to get, but there are soo many I don't know what might even be worth trying to use.

Fewd posted:

All the things you get from the Courier's Stash DLC also make the early game really trivial. Sawyer mod gives you none of that poo poo, and instead spreads the DLC items into specific places in the wasteland.

Also if you're planning on mods to install, I can recommend NMC texture pack + Project Reality + Vurts plants and trees and whatever mod (dead) combination for the environment. I'm going with those at the moment and they make the game pretty :3:

I just dumped everything but the shotgun into a box at the starting town, because that canteen basically makes the entire mode pointless. I'll look at those others though!

Also maybe that goon mod for filling up bottles if it still works.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Quick someone make a mod of this

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

Quick someone make a mod of this

Jesus, that gun looks like it's made of yellow plastic.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
Hmm...so I'm using Delay DLC and am wondering if I can change it a bit so that the DLC loaded messages (the big ones with an explanation about why you have the quest and radio station, not the little unobtrusive ones) to show up once the quest is triggered (within the parameters used by the mod). It seems like it shouldn't be that difficult, but then I'm not someone who super groks scripting so...any help would be appreciated.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
I just picked up Fallout 3 yesterday, and I recall a mod that lets a character go from one game to another. Is that a thing or am I remembering wrong?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

oneof27 posted:

I just picked up Fallout 3 yesterday, and I recall a mod that lets a character go from one game to another. Is that a thing or am I remembering wrong?

Requiem for the Wasteland. Might be a little hard to find now.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
It's been quite a few months since I've had the hankering to play and now that nexus changed its address FOMOD could give no shits about updating my handful of mods. On top of crashing with everything I'm trying to update now.

I haven't seen any advice contrary to just stripping out the mods and re downloading things that have changed and doing this afresh. I won;t do it till tomorrow so if there is any other less painful method a reinstalling I shall go.

EDIT: Yea, FOMM does a crash-dump with very attempted mod install. I think things have aged out of my patience range.

Smuggins fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 29, 2012

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Has anyone used Project Nevada Cyberware? I haven't seen any of the implants aside from the one in doc mitchells house, in the 35 hours i have played. Apparently some can be found from vendors, however i haven't seen anyone selling them.

Is there a list of their locations anywhere?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

UberJumper posted:

Has anyone used Project Nevada Cyberware? I haven't seen any of the implants aside from the one in doc mitchells house, in the 35 hours i have played. Apparently some can be found from vendors, however i haven't seen anyone selling them.

Is there a list of their locations anywhere?

Only one I remember offhand is Gun Runners sells 4 of them. They're scattered through the wasteland, too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoiEH8ar3jtxdGlzdnVDY3lGUEV5RWhNdXhzRHJBT0E#gid=3

That should help, spoilers for equipment/cyberware in the game I suppose.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

v5 of JSawyer is up. There aren't a ton of changes. However, an enthusiastic modder has already taken my v5 files and fixed a lot of issues I was unable to resolve for one reason or another (e.g. the messed up H2O/FOD/SLP values and various dirty edits), so a v5.1 is likely going to come very soon.

http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/2012/09/jsawyeresp-v5.html

v5 Changes:
===
* That Gun added to The Professional list
* Wanderer's Leather and Highway Scar Armor placed in Mick and Cliff's stores respectively.
* Ranger Battle Armor renamed to Lucky Battle Armor. Stats adjusted, Reilly's Rangers decals removed. Placed in Cliff's Store.
* Has Backpack flag checked on Power Armors.
* Bent Tin Can = Tin Can! recipe added. It turns Bent Tin Cans into Tin Cans!!!! WOW!!!!

* All primary quest XP in DLCs reduced by 66%. Edits were made in the quest scripts.

* Replaced accidental secondary placement of duplicate Mercenary's Grenade Rifle with the Sturdy Caravan Shotgun.
* Fire Axe and Knock Knock added to Never Axed For This challenge weapon list.

rope kid fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 29, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thank you for the mod, rope kid. I do miss your D&D cartoon custom title through.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

You're quite welcome. I liked the Sheila av, but the death of Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau demanded tribute.

BTW, v5.1 is now ready thanks to help from a fellow modder.

http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/2012/09/jsawyeresp-v51.html

Here's a high-level overview of what's substantively changed:

* Hardcore (H2O/FOD/SLP) thresholds have been set to 400/550/700/850/1000 as originally intended for the mod. The HUD indicators now match this. However, because all "Hardcore" HUD indicators flip over at the same values, this means we had to change the Radiation thresholds (and Rad Child) to match. This means you can go a little bit longer before suffering ill effects from Radiation, but since the Hardcore acquisition rates are all faster than normal, I think players will still be doing more maintenance overall.
* A bunch of dirty edits I had previously made have been cleaned up.
* Various oversights have been fixed (details in the readme).

N.B.: Some of these fixes may not appear if you replace the mod for a game in progress.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
My exp gain is still too high, is there a console command or ini edit that will let me just set a flat multiplier without needing to strap another doodad on this crazy game?

edit: nevermind I got dis

physeter fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 1, 2012

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
JSawyer 5.1 looks pretty good, I just might get that and restart. I'm not very far at all in that latest playthrough since Borderlands 2 came and did a thing.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Hmm, lets see what fresh horrors the nexus has set loose today.

This qualifies.

edit:
˅˅˅˅At least it isn't part of a sex mod. Yet.˅˅˅˅

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 1, 2012

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Oh.

Oh god.

Can you not at least put that behind a NWS link. The only way to effectively express my gut reaction:
:gonk:
As a side effect no one posting after me needs to see it now.

fake e: just let me know if that's breaking anyone's tables or whatever

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Hey it looks pretty good if it isn't PONIES. It's easy to see that the person who made that used his anime figures because it looks like plastic.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Anyone know where I can find a mod that adds a rifle with a Mannlicher-style stock?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Alouicious posted:

Anyone know where I can find a mod that adds a rifle with a Mannlicher-style stock?

Is there one in the Armory? That would be my guess for the best place to look.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Schmidt-Rubin M1911 is probably the closest fit but not exactly what I'm looking for. That and I'd end up installing the entire mod for one gun. :v:

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Alouicious posted:

The Schmidt-Rubin M1911 is probably the closest fit but not exactly what I'm looking for. That and I'd end up installing the entire mod for one gun. :v:

You should install it anyway, because it owns bones.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.
So are any of the goon modders 'round here skilled at creating new animations? LlamaRCA is in the process of doing expansion work for the Willow follower Here, new animations were suggested but llamaRCA said she doesn't have experience doing that. Naturally my first thought was that there were likely to be at least one goon who had the chops for that if they were interested.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I thought Willow was the mod that introduced a voice-acted follower with a loving teddy bear, who would not. shut. up. specifically w/r/t her godawful singing, which asking her to stop would make it impossible to complete her lovely quest. God I remember hating Willow. Also you tell her you lost your memory so it's not even ~lore-friendly~

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Wolvorine posted:

So are any of the goon modders 'round here skilled at creating new animations? LlamaRCA is in the process of doing expansion work for the Willow follower Here, new animations were suggested but llamaRCA said she doesn't have experience doing that. Naturally my first thought was that there were likely to be at least one goon who had the chops for that if they were interested.

I wish there were. There are a very, very, very small group of people who know and understand anything about the animation system and how to get them in the game and work with the game and such and half of them are out of the scene and the other half only work on creepy sex mods.

'Cuz I'm dying for a top fed, bolt action rifle animation.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

Naky posted:

I wish there were. There are a very, very, very small group of people who know and understand anything about the animation system and how to get them in the game and work with the game and such and half of them are out of the scene and the other half only work on creepy sex mods.

'Cuz I'm dying for a top fed, bolt action rifle animation.

Hmm, did whoever did the weapon animation replacements (The Professional & The Commando I think it was) leave the Fallout modding scene? Because those were pretty damned good, and if nothing else it'd seem logical that whoever did those would be able to throw together a top-fed bolt action rifle anim. :T

Me, I'm still trying to find a good reproduction of the custom pistols the boys used in Boondock Saints 2 for my Courier.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Wolvorine posted:

Hmm, did whoever did the weapon animation replacements (The Professional & The Commando I think it was) leave the Fallout modding scene? Because those were pretty damned good, and if nothing else it'd seem logical that whoever did those would be able to throw together a top-fed bolt action rifle anim. :T

Me, I'm still trying to find a good reproduction of the custom pistols the boys used in Boondock Saints 2 for my Courier.

Joefoxx left the scene almost two years ago. Lightning fried his computer and all of his files, so he just left. He was pretty much the only person who really understood how gamebryo weapon animation works and how to get it in the game.

There's a guy named Heffy who mods on Nexus and has made a couple of custom, kinda mediocre animations for AK/AR15 guns and he told Arenovalis that he'd make a tutorial some day but he still hasn't and we asked him well over a month ago. Which is too bad, because Arenovalis knows an animator or two that might be willing to give it a shot.

Also, someone on Nexus made a kind of 'meh' Boondock Saints 2 Desert Eagle mod. The one compensated one. I wasn't that impressed but if you're desperate it might work.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

The Willow mod as a concept was your run of the mill, lovely nexus companion. The odd part was that it was extremely well executed... Lots of original, well recorded voice acting (even if she talks/sounds like a 15 year old girl) Actual quests (to collect pencils) To top it off, the author didn't say, "hey my mod is popular, I'll add a bazillion new things to expand it!" They have the skill to make something really good.

llamaRCA in her Nexus thread posted:

1) I'm going to add more to the relationship with Willow. The big addition will be to add a way for the player to marry Willow...

2) I'm building a Willow-attractive house into the game world and a small community to go with that...

3) She needs more chatter...I'll also be adding more singing to her chatter.

So much for that idea.

Fake edit: Theres a ton of desert eagle mods on the nexus, and a few in the armory as well.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Yeah. The one I was talking about is this one.

Like I said, I wasn't that impressed with it though.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

Hobo on Fire posted:

The Willow mod as a concept was your run of the mill, lovely nexus companion. The odd part was that it was extremely well executed... Lots of original, well recorded voice acting (even if she talks/sounds like a 15 year old girl) Actual quests (to collect pencils) To top it off, the author didn't say, "hey my mod is popular, I'll add a bazillion new things to expand it!" They have the skill to make something really good.

So much for that idea.

Fake edit: Theres a ton of desert eagle mods on the nexus, and a few in the armory as well.

Well, you kind of have to judge it by it's own viewpoint. Willow is a well-executed romance companion mod. You can't really expect llamaRCA to expand it into something it was never intended to be in the first place. Any expanding she's going to do is to make it more of what it is. And she did take a lot of requests (granted, weirdo Nexus-people requests, but still) for what people wanted to see. Eh, I still like the mod, and it's always nice to see a well-done mod get expanded because it's better than DLing a bunch of crappily-made mods when you want some new stuff.

Naky posted:

Joefoxx left the scene almost two years ago. Lightning fried his computer and all of his files, so he just left. He was pretty much the only person who really understood how gamebryo weapon animation works and how to get it in the game.

There's a guy named Heffy who mods on Nexus and has made a couple of custom, kinda mediocre animations for AK/AR15 guns and he told Arenovalis that he'd make a tutorial some day but he still hasn't and we asked him well over a month ago. Which is too bad, because Arenovalis knows an animator or two that might be willing to give it a shot.
That sucks hard. You and Arenovalis (among others) do great work, I'd love to see some more in-depth mods come out of the goon-pool, it's usually so much higher quality. :/

Naky posted:

Also, someone on Nexus made a kind of 'meh' Boondock Saints 2 Desert Eagle mod. The one compensated one. I wasn't that impressed but if you're desperate it might work.

Hmm, can't remember if I've seen that one before or not. I must admit though, I was kind of hoping that the folks who brought us The Armoury might make a downright awesome version of them if someone like me dropped the hint.

Wolvorine fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 3, 2012

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Alouicious posted:

That and I'd end up installing the entire mod for one gun. :v:

You might think you'll never use the minigun that fires dynamite, but you'd be wrong.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Crowetron posted:

You might think you'll never use the minigun that fires dynamite, but you'd be wrong.

(looks confused) Wait, is this the Borderlands 2 thread? I think I might have gotten lost.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Man why would you want Borderlands 2 with New Vegas as cheap and moddable as it is. Best 8 gigs I ever used on my HDD.

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012
All right, so I find my self with a problem. I've been getting the urge to play NV again, so I downloaded it from steam again, and got all my mods up and ready to go. This is the first time I've done this on my new computer, which is a Windows 7 64-bit machine. I got my load order sorted out and made my bashed patch, but the mods don't seem to be activating properly.

When I check a mod to activate it in FOMM, the mod is not activated in the data files section of the FNV launcher, and vice versa. This makes it difficult to sort my load order when my changes in FOMM aren't reflected in FNV itself. It's not a particular mod problem, but I suspect it's a permissions issue, since everything worked fine on the earlier machine, which used Vista.

So, any ideas for why FOMM wouldn't be able to alter load order?

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Renditious posted:

When I check a mod to activate it in FOMM, the mod is not activated in the data files section of the FNV launcher, and vice versa. This makes it difficult to sort my load order when my changes in FOMM aren't reflected in FNV itself. It's not a particular mod problem, but I suspect it's a permissions issue, since everything worked fine on the earlier machine, which used Vista.

This happened to me and at least one other poster using Steam DLCs. I sent an email to Steam customer support and the DLCs were active a couple hours later, either because my email or because Steam just finished doing whatever it needed to do.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay I been using the New Vegas 4 GB patch (after finally finding a way to run it on Steam with the achievements and proper screenshot path), but I since upgraded to Window 8. Now it flat out doesn't work anymore. Is there a solution to fix the 4 GB patch or I just have to skip using it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012

Rirse posted:

Okay I been using the New Vegas 4 GB patch (after finally finding a way to run it on Steam with the achievements and proper screenshot path), but I since upgraded to Window 8. Now it flat out doesn't work anymore. Is there a solution to fix the 4 GB patch or I just have to skip using it?

The 4gb enabler works by setting a flag in the NV executable that allows it to access up to 4 GB of ram, and this flag is present up to Windows 7. If that flag has changed in 8, then it won't work unless a new application is released that uses the correct flags. Of course, there might be another problem, as there doesn't appear to be any obvious news on the subject that a quick search would present.

physeter posted:

This happened to me and at least one other poster using Steam DLCs. I sent an email to Steam customer support and the DLCs were active a couple hours later, either because my email or because Steam just finished doing whatever it needed to do.

I don't think that's the problem, the DLC work fine. The problem is that the setting of FOMM and the NV launcher for mods don't match.