Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Good week for real gold.

craigslist guy posted:

RARE - 1978 Pontiac Trans Am - $19999
Rare blue and black Trans Am with 34000 miles and original build sheet that shows. WS6, TTops, 403, auto, 3:23 rear.
Will only go up in value. New brakes, rebuilt trans.
2 nd owner from California.
Now in garage.

craigslist guy posted:

64 galaxi 500 xl - $8500
stock 390 (71 block/72 heads), a 10/10 crank, mild cam, new bearings, C6 trani/oil cooled, alluminum intake 4BBL hollow carb, MSO ignition, aluminum radiador, Large sway bar, bar joints. recently replaced rubber valve stem and mount steel wheel, lifetime wheel balance from tire works!! Runs great in good condition if you have any questions call or text Jay or trade for a SUV, motorcycle (cruizer or a bad rear end street bike)

craigslist guy posted:

1963 chevy Nova SS convertable - $18500
1963 chevy nova SS convertable, all original looks and runs great. 194 straight six , 2-speed powerglide tranny, call Craig

craigslist guy posted:

Saab / 1971 / 95 wagon - $6200
Drives and runs great / original Ford v4 engine / owners manual and service manual. call Bill

This one is for you, Viggen :dings:

more of the saab here

DrPain fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I want this.
http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1953-Ford-Customline-50th-Anniversary-W0QQAdIdZ414711510

quote:

1953 Ford Customline 4 door, 50th Anniversary Edition Ford

239 C I Flathead, 3 Speed Standard with Overdrive.In dash clock and radio that work.

66,500 Original miles, less then 7,500 miles since complete frameup rebuild on engine and car.

Completely restored 1997, new paint, interior, radiator, tires, clutch, pressure plate, u-joints, brakes, wheel cylinders, flex brake hoses etc….etc.

This car looks, runs and drives great. Excellent quality driver!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

DrPain posted:

This one is for you, Viggen :dings:

Note that when they say "V4 engine", they aren't mistaking an inline-4 for a V engine.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

If only it was a 92. :q:

I'm somewhat considering a road trip to look at this one. At first, I was told the car was an auto, but then I spoke with the actual owner, and found it was a 5 speed. Could just be linkage. Would be easy to check.

Viggen fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 20, 2012

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Might go look at a '97 4runner but noticed this rust in one of the pictures.

Assuming that's the only rust, how big of a deal is it? I've never really dealt with rust outside of sanding down some surface rust in a trunk before.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Wheel well rust is mostly common and harmless so long as it's on the surface and not rusted through.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Check inside the fender lip to make sure it hasn't started to rust the bumper mounts away. It's a popular place to trap water/dirt on almost every car.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Click the ad for the pictures :awesome:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3280808811.html

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 21, 2012

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Just FYI, that link leads to an ad for a 41 Packard.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Try again.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Buy this right now. I wish I could have kept mine :(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Proper link for the Starion here, and I will also edit it back properly, sorry.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3280808811.html

e: also this could be a good buy for someone

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3278551638.html

1981 HONDA CIVIC WAGON FOREST GREEN RARE NEEDS AUXILIARY VAVLE - $1000 (Gig Harbor)

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 21, 2012

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
:flashfap: I just moved to Seattle and the number and quality of rust-free old cars here astounds me every day.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Same here. I love seeing old Volvos, 60's VWs and other vintage cars running around all year. Back in Michigan, anything more than 30 years old is either garaged until summer or half rusted away.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Who needs a (terrible) idea for a restoration project? Because this guy has a cheap option:

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

1981 HONDA CIVIC WAGON FOREST GREEN RARE NEEDS AUXILIARY VAVLE - $1000 (Gig Harbor)

If a goon buys this I will send them the auxiliary valve for the price of shipping.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3278551638.html

I wonder what it would cost to get this shipped to WI...

assfucker420
May 14, 2012

by T. Mascis

If there ever was car to sum up the entireity of 1980s Japan this would be it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DrPain posted:

Good week for real gold.

What a fantastic looking car (I may have one similar). I'm especially a fan of the engine upgrades, while keeping that 390.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

:sbahj:

1970 Opel GT

quote:

Car has 71,000 original miles
Engine and 5 speed tranny have ~2500 miles on it since build
Garage kept, Original orange paint....wearing thin in places, No rust!..EXCEPT for hole in front pan under original battery box
Lots of small dents....NO previous body work done, NO BONDO!
All glass is good, carpet is rough, dash is cracked but covered
Everything works except original AM radio which is not hooked up.
Heater is currently unhooked, can reconnect before sale.
Modifications:
Engine has ~2500 miles on it since build
2.0 Liters 11:1 Venolia Pistons
Machine work and balanced by Darr Engine, New Orleans
Professionally built ported head with large Manley undercut valves, Titanium retainers and custom valve springs by TGSI Racing
Aluminum Roller Rockers (from opelgt.com club buy )
TGSI Racing Custom Cam (have specs)
Hi-Torque lightweight starter (8lbs)
Electric fan, GM 1 wire 63 amp alternator
Wrapped Header, Flowmaster muffler, Monza tips
MSD 6A Ignition fed by Petronix trigger, 6500 rev limiter
Unorthodox Racing Aluminum 8.8 lb flywheel (from opelgt.com club buy ) with Zoom (Chevy S-10) HD clutch
Getrag 240 5-speed transmission W/correct Speedo- from OGTS
Optima sealed battery mounted in rear
Carter electric fuel pump in rear
Weber 38 DGES down draft carburetion on ported manifold

Polyurethane bushings front and rear
Lowered front composite spring (7 lbs)
KYB Gas shocks
ADDCO front and rear sway bars
Custom adjustable Panhard bar

15”x 7” ROH Snyper wheels (Aprox 100 miles)
205-50-15 Falken Azenis Tires (Aprox 100 miles)
ROH Wheels have correct offset for GT--no rubbing
Original 13" wheels and old tires (5) with trim rings and center caps included

Custom Wilwood front brakes w/Miata drilled rotors
Custom Wilwood master cylinder
3/4" rear brake cylinders
Porterfield Kevlar brake pads and rear shoes
Racing seats and 5pt harnesses, can reinstall original seats if desired
Momo steering wheel
Also included:
Original seats, factory steering wheel
Original stock 68,000 mile engine and 4 speed included if desired
All books, manuals, documentation and over 15K in receipts.

Will include 16' car trailer at Buy IT NOW price.

Full Disclosure!!
This car is fully street legal and driven, but was built by me for AutoXing and Track days, never abused. It handles like a go-cart and is very fast compared to a stock GT. This is not a show car. It is highly modified and not for the faint of heart. I recommend it for someone who also wants to do these things or for someone that wants a head start on building a true racecar. It was not butchered and could be returned to original condition if desired. Most all original parts and extras are included. Sold as is, no warranty.

This is pretty much how I'd build one in my imaginary world where I have space, time, and money to do so.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Yeah, now is a good time to buy 'project' cars, especially in the north. People are scrambling to sell projects that they thought would be 'done' by now, especially since garage space is always at a premium in the winter. The significant other may tolerate parking the daily driver outside in the summer, but no way are they going to spend 10 minutes on a cold morning scraping ice off windows while a car that doesn't even run sits in the garage.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

DropShadow posted:

I took this tonight at a local drive-in:

Ha, I was just looking at local allroads on Craigslist earlier today. How about $15k? Or maybe $16,900? (Of course, that one only has 52k miles, so someone will probably pay it, even with an ad low on details.)

I just walked back into the paint booth of my new job to find an orange GNX motor and twin turbos.

The boss man wants me to rebuild it this winter...

assfucker420
May 14, 2012

by T. Mascis
http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/3292282285.html

This vehicle is better used as parts. Still runs and drives though. Has 287,000 miles. Burns 3 qts of oil in 3000 miles, Has been used on the farm, driven on gravel roads, its pulled hay wagons, farm trucks, and farm equiptment because it has more power than my truck. Interior is dusty and dirty, I never cared about the car so I havent cleaned it or washed it in years, has scratches along the sides, front bumper has a chunk missing from it as the rear quarter panel has a chunk missing too. The exhaust is loud, the t-tops leaks, the transmission grinds in every gear-6 speed, tires are bald. Windshield is cracked, and leaks antifreeze from the cracked radiator. Still has a few good parts though. $3000

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Konstantin posted:

Yeah, now is a good time to buy 'project' cars, especially in the north. People are scrambling to sell projects that they thought would be 'done' by now, especially since garage space is always at a premium in the winter. The significant other may tolerate parking the daily driver outside in the summer, but no way are they going to spend 10 minutes on a cold morning scraping ice off windows while a car that doesn't even run sits in the garage.

My old bosses wife is a saint. She has scrapped ice for 30 years as he has kept 2 projects in his garage forever. That should be question one before the first date!

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Elephanthead posted:

My old bosses wife is a saint. She has scrapped ice for 30 years as he has kept 2 projects in his garage forever. That should be question one before the first date!

Take a girl out for ribs or crab legs on the first date. Get to know the caveman in them right off the bat. Then pop the only question that matters.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Someone go buy this.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/3294218112.html

quote:

1982 Honda Accord OBO - $1500 (Wesrern Washington)

1982 4 door accord that I don't drive any more.
I used to drive it 150 miles a day for a commuter and now I work local and it just sits. This is a one of a kind Honda. It is a 4 door accord. The back of the car was sealed up and the back windowc /cab moved forward. The trunk is now open like a truck bed.
When I was driving it I was getting 40+ MPG. IT is a really neat and fun car but it just sits.
I have a clean title in hand in my name.
Very low original miles on the car. Look at the pictures.
Brakes were done about 10,000 miles ago and are in great shape.
The only thing that it needs is a battery. So bring a battery unless u want to trailer it home. Unless I buy one before it is sold.
The flaws are
Has some paint peel and some rust. It's not a show car. Its a gas saver
the fuel sending unit doesn't work. It didn't bother me. Just filled it up every 500-600 miles
Possably struts its a soft ride..
I would recommend a tune up. It has been sitting for a few months.
A person just has to come and look at it.
Call email or text.
I do work a lot and can not talk on my phone so email and text is best.
36o 5o8 five two eight three
1500 OBO

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

This + S2000 drivetrain swap = Hilarsomeness. (Hilarious awesomeness)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yes, yes you should 14"

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I have decided that Hawaiian craigslist is pretty great.

DA KINE CRAIG LIST BRADDAH posted:

86' LIFTED 4RUNNER OFFER/TRADE (NORTH SHORE)

NOT DESPERATE FO SELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUCK IS FROM CALIFORNIA, 22RE, 4WD, AUTO TRANS,

(got 5speed tranny on da side), AC BUT GOTTA

CHARGE/CHECK, SOLID BODY, NO BODY WORK,

BAJA FENDERS N BUMPER,

SMALL KINE DENTS BUT NA 10 BAD

LIKE WOT STE OUT DEA, 15X14 CENTERLINES,

BRAND NEW 33's, JUS TRYNA SEE IF

WORTH DA TRADE OR FIX UP N SELL FO MOA,

SPENT OVA 4G'S FO BUILD N BRING 2 OAHU

SO KEEP DAT IN MIND WEN U OFFER CASH!

NO EVEN TRADES UNLESS WORTH MORE,

CAN TAKE TRADE PLUS CASH IF I LIKE

WOT U GOT.

ONLY PIC FO NOW N NO,TRUCK NOT STUCK,

JUS PLAYIN ON DA BEACH,

IF NO MO MONEY DEN PLEEEEZE, NO CALL!

TRYNA MAKE LANDLORD HAPPY!!!

CALL/TEXT N E TIME BUT PREFER CALLS

DrPain fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 25, 2012

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/3279004695.html

Is Princess Leia mugging those stormtroopers?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I hope that's tempera paint.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
Turbo domestics from the '80s in red and black. Yes.

...and this one is a little more realistic.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

MiniFoo posted:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/3279004695.html

Is Princess Leia mugging those stormtroopers?

I think it's John Leguizamo in drag

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Turbo domestics from the '80s in red and black. Yes.

drat, I haven't seen a Lancer since... hell, I can't remember. Back in the '80s I remember the turbo models as being pretty cool, and nicely priced.

But yeah, even with Shelby gone, 39k for a Lancer is whack.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
In my search for a winter beater, I have come across this... and i don't know how to feel about it.

http://stcloud.craigslist.org/cto/3264275714.html

quote:

Taking best offer, bought a supra and have no room for storage at my new place.
JDM 1994 Corolla AE101, 4AGZE DLI map ( Non dizzy) Swap
1.6 dohc supercharged motor, E58 LSD trans
Good:
Motor runs like a top, Many new repairs.
4-2-1 header
145k on body
Nevo pulley
Sc12
CAI
New Cv boots on pass side
Springs in front
New front tires
Exhaust manifold gasket
New SC oil
New trans Fluid- Very expensive by the way

Only thing wrong with it is inner cv joint on drivers side, havent had time to look for one due to parking for the year, NO test drives,
Clean body with exception of a couple spots and age, but very very little rust, just couple spots of clear faded.
Needs front hood and bumper to become mint again, No interior besides front seats.
Shoot me an email or text 320 469 three four six four, if SERIOUSLY interested, dont waste my time i know what i have, May except trades

I'm almost too interested to not go look at it, but the "no interior except front seats" and "NO TEST DRIVES" makes me wary.... also the part where there are no pictures. Still seems like a cool concept for a swap.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

YarPirate posted:

In my search for a winter beater, I have come across this... and i don't know how to feel about it.

I'm almost too interested to not go look at it, but the "no interior except front seats" and "NO TEST DRIVES" makes me wary.... also the part where there are no pictures. Still seems like a cool concept for a swap.

I'm wary of anything in Stearns County.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

YarPirate posted:

There is never a time where "NO TEST DRIVES" is a good idea. If you're getting too many yahoos taking it for a spin, then make it "NO TEST DRIVES WITHOUT CASH IN HAND".

Gordon Bombay
Nov 3, 2010

I'd love to do a character with a wife, a nice little house, a couple of kids, a dog, maybe a bit of singing, and no guns and no killing, but nobody offers me those kind of parts.
I really don't know how I feel about this, I mean with the blown head thats a definite no, but I mean just look at that dash

http://nanaimo.en.craigslist.ca/cto/3250749860.html

MrCrankypants
Aug 23, 2003
Remember, it is quantity not quality that matters here so work harder not smarter!
Not sure why he thinks this is a 41 willy's, but it sure as hell isn't. I used to own a 41 willy's, and I still regret selling it. Some day I'll buy another!

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/3285364051.html

MrCrankypants fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Oh, man.

http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/3210207837.html